It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: HI  (Read 11679 times)

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: HI
« Reply #50 on: February 02, 2018, 10:03:38 AM »

I've never used marriage agencies but I do know dating sites, Mamba in particular, you can get a date with sincere women, not prostitutes, within minutes of communicating with them.

Mamba.ru is NO LONGER the place to search - if only  because many FSU ladies tired of the men using it... 

BillyB - the happily married man living in Seattle - speaking zip Russian / Ukrainian - knows 'more' than the guy who lives half the year in the FSU and speaks to REAL FSU women ..in the FSU..

You can get multiple dates in a day. The only drawback with the place is while you're in the FSU, you need to remember the girls you're getting dates with most likely were looking for local boys. It may be harder to convince them to move to your country should things get serious. Bride.ru advertises there and some girls considering marrying a foreign man will sign up on Bride.ru. Less girls are singing up there and at marriage agencies. Some people believe it has to do with improved economies in the FSU. In the last few years Ukraine's economy has tanked and I didn't see or read about a huge spike in women signing up at sites to leave the country. I'm tending to believe a lot of women have learned, based off personal experience, someone else's experience or a jaded media, that a lot of foreign men looking for brides are losers and less likely to sign up. So if you're a winner, you won't have much competition, and you will do well with the ladies in the FSU.

Thanks to Sandro, my thread with my local dating experiences on Mamba has been found. Long read but you'll either like it or hate me. Those are two reasons people kept reading.

http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?topic=11638.0

How do you know bride.ru's numbers are down - still registering to check on behalf of members ?  :ROFL:

Your mamba.ru thread is approaching EIGHT years old.. 

Face it, guys who aren't really looking and meeting the ladies ( that's you and me ) aren't in the best position to say what's the best site ... but the local ( single) ladies might..

Svetlana suggests her friends use fdating and dmnotify - to find a Western man

A lot of younger ladies seem to use Tinder - which seems great for lining up dates...but (again) seems to lead to short-term flings

Offline alex330

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #51 on: February 02, 2018, 10:11:09 AM »
It is obvious that a determined attempt to circumvent Ukrainian law is possible to get access to banned sites-- some I know do that to access social media sites .

However -- very large numbers understand the reasons behind the ban extremely well  and respect that.

Agreed. Most of the people we know in Ukraine have abandoned VK for Facebook for this exact reason.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #52 on: February 02, 2018, 10:20:06 AM »
Mamba.ru is NO LONGER the place to search - if only  because many FSU ladies tired of the men using it... 

Moby, you have a habit of making crappola up and actually believing it. You comment on Mamba as if you're the expert but have no experience with it. Check out the front page. Over 150,000 people are currently logged on. People will log on and off all day. The amount of users per day is over a million. What other site has that many people using it?

Okay, you met two women who doesn't like Mamba and swear they'll never use it again. They probably aren't married. They probably are disappointed by the men they meet on the streets and at work too. They can't be pleased. Every site has loser men and scammer women to deal with. Can't put yourself in a bubble and expect to find happiness.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 12:59:18 PM by BillyB »
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #53 on: February 02, 2018, 01:15:45 PM »

Agreed. Most of the people we know in Ukraine have abandoned VK for Facebook for this exact reason.

Seems sillying to me Russia taking this step as it will push Ukraine further towards its western competitors. Kind of funny as they are not officially supposed to be involved in the civil conflict so why make the move in blocking these sites, lol.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #54 on: February 02, 2018, 01:21:24 PM »
JayH, I seriously question your 'knowledge' of Ukraine and how many citizens think..

Ooo... I see battle of the forum experts looming here :D :popcorn:
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline msmob

« Reply #55 on: February 02, 2018, 01:26:46 PM »
Seems sillying to me Russia taking this step as it will push Ukraine further towards its western competitors. Kind of funny as they are not officially supposed to be involved in the civil conflict so why make the move in blocking these sites, lol.

What ARE you talking about, Trench..?

Ukraine has blocked RU sites ...  :wallbash:

Offline bluesky56

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #56 on: February 02, 2018, 07:22:50 PM »
For what it is worth I have a VK page myself and there are alot of people from Ukraine with active pages there. I also know alot of folks from Ukraine that now use facebook rather than VK.

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #57 on: February 02, 2018, 07:45:06 PM »
Most Ukrainians I know had both FB and VK long before 2014. Some preferred iFB, others VK. Most now use FB more.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 01:16:48 PM by Boethius »
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline msmob

« Reply #58 on: February 02, 2018, 08:12:42 PM »

Moby, you have a habit of making crappola up and actually believing it. You comment on Mamba as if you're the expert but have no experience with it. Check out the front page. Over 150,000 people are currently logged on. People will log on and off all day. The amount of users per day is over a million. What other site has that many people using it?

))

I'm certainly not using it ...  just know plenty of single ladies from the FSU who won't ... for the reasons given.. hardy 'crap' ..

Okay, you met two women who doesn't like Mamba and swear they'll never use it again. They probably aren't married. They probably are disappointed by the men they meet on the streets and at work too. They can't be pleased. Every site has loser men and scammer women to deal with. Can't put yourself in a bubble and expect to find happiness.

A few more than two...

1/ my own partner's experience

2/ Experience of her friends

As for the numbers 'logged on' ..  Probably across the myriad of mamba family sites and at least half of those will be blokes..

It is noted you ducked the point re your recent experience in the FSU and talking to real women (face to face)  there...   

Offline JayH

« Reply #59 on: February 04, 2018, 12:26:57 AM »

Thankyou Sasha --  we do know you do have an inside line to UKR !

Some here still think to seem all this type of stuff is like a football game where you barrack for your chosen side .It is deadly serious stuff-- a matter of life & death.

Not exactly a surprise -- the spying was full on for several years -- and the trolls very active.
This advisory needs to be read by all in Ukraine -- as I said previously-- many are already aware of all this.

Any Crimean still using Russian social media like VKontakte or Odnoklassnik for correspondence should close them down immediately, preferably after deleting all personal messages and posts from the last decade.  It is likely that Russia’s FSB [security service] has long had unimpeded access to Russian-based Internet messengers, postal services and social media,

Internet providers forced to conceal total FSB surveillance in occupied Crimea & Russia

The targeted sites or services broadly correspond to those banned in Ukraine by a Presidential Decree on 15 May 2017.  The move was controversial, although the degree of FSB surveillance on such Russian-based servers was not in dispute.

The new resolution applies also to Crimea while it remains under Russian occupation, and one can only reiterate the call made by the Crimean Human Rights Group on all Crimeans to avoid such sites for communicating with others.

The human rights group stresses that the Russian security service will now be able to carry out surveillance of all Crimeans, using spy programs.  Even the organizers of a particular website will not know what has been installed on their site and who is under surveillance, and they will not be allowed to tell their users that their site is connected to FSB spying technology. 

Amy social media site or other Internet service which is under Russian jurisdiction should therefore be avoided by any Crimeans who would like know that their correspondence is only read by the person it is addressed to.

It must be said that none of this is strictly new. The Crimean Human Rights Group first published advice from cyber security expert Nikola Kostinyan on avoiding persecution for ‘likes’, posts or similar on social media back in May 2016.  Two years after Russia’s annexation of Crimea, there were already ample grounds.
http://khpg.org/en/index.php?id=1517084344
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline BillyB

« Reply #60 on: February 04, 2018, 01:31:44 AM »
registering on mamba.ru - will more likely - these days - land the OP with a prostitute

I'm certainly not using it ...  just know plenty of single ladies from the FSU who won't ... for the reasons given.. hardy 'crap' ..

A few more than two...

1/ my own partner's experience

2/ Experience of her friends

[/size]Here's the problem Moby, you didn't use the site and you talk to a "few" ladies  who say a lot of men there are looking for sex. You equate that to most of the women there are prostitutes which is silly. NO, most ladies there aren't prostitutes. Other men here beside myself disagreed with you based off their experience but it doesn't register with you. There are millions of women that use that site and there aren't millions of prostitutes there. Whatever you want to call as your experience with Mamba doesn't change the fact.[size=78%]

It is noted you ducked the point re your recent experience in the FSU and talking to real women (face to face)  there...   

Talking to real FSU women face to face, I do it everyday. Talking to real women in the FSU doesn't do anything for our discussion. 2016 was the last time I was in the FSU. Does that hurt or help me when talking about Mamba? :rolleyes:
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Jumper

« Reply #61 on: February 04, 2018, 03:13:14 PM »
The OP should try any and all sites,apps, etc he has time for.Some will be better than others.
That can change quickly.

Unless we are ranking them on some kind of known scale that could be quantified it's pretty much like most things here, personal opinion ,and use at your own risk.

I have had good results at some of the worst sites, and certainly I used sites with a better reputation and better odds as well.
 In the end the wider you cast the net the better. It will mostly be up to the user to identify what works for them and how to sort out the sincere from insincere.

Offline msmob

« Reply #62 on: February 05, 2018, 12:08:03 AM »
Here's the problem Moby, you didn't use the site and you talk to a "few" ladies  who say a lot of men there are looking for sex. You equate that to most of the women there are prostitutes which is silly. NO, most ladies there aren't prostitutes.

1/ As a guy in a monogamous relationship - naturally - I don't visit feel the NEED to visit mamba.ru - nor 'carry out research' :puke: ( "on behalf of other members")..wasting geunine ( or not ) ladies time , possibly raising expectations and probably making it harder for the next western guy registering...

2/ I've clearly stated *I* haven't used the site for nearly 5 years

3/ So, you're asking the casual passer by to believe you over a guy that was last their under 2 months ago - as opposed to two years ....when you can't understand a conversation in Russian? ;)))  I can lie on the beach with SC and some of her g/f as this discuss stuff about dating men that would amuse / shock...   You could be lying there while they discussed you and you wouldn't have a CLUE.. 

Other men here beside myself disagreed with you based off their experience but it doesn't register with you. There are millions of women that use that site and there aren't millions of prostitutes there. Whatever you want to call as your experience with Mamba doesn't change the fact.

IF you had read some of the posts stupid blokes write to ladies - you'd know they THINK it was a site for prostitutes - and why it's not as good as it was..

Talking to real FSU women face to face, I do it everyday. Talking to real women in the FSU doesn't do anything for our discussion.

I meant living in the FSU - you know the sort our members want to meet ?  ( not your inane 'experiments' )

2016 was the last time I was in the FSU. Does that hurt or help me when talking about Mamba?

:wallbash:  Can't believe that was a serious Q?

Jumper - was bang on. 

By all means spread your net wide - as the luck in this is finding the right person on the right site at the right time ...  I'd just not waste my time on 'your' mamba - based on the lasses I know who are serious about finding a good man.

Offline msmob

« Reply #63 on: February 05, 2018, 12:26:48 AM »
Any Crimean still using Russian social media like VKontakte or Odnoklassnik for correspondence should close them down immediately, preferably after deleting all personal messages and posts from the last decade.  It is likely that Russia’s FSB [security service] has long had unimpeded access to Russian-based Internet messengers, postal services and social media

Internet providers forced to conceal total FSB surveillance in occupied Crimea & Russia

JayH,

Must you keep proving you don't have a scoobie about what you post?

As Crimea is defacto - as opposed to dejure -Russia, the FSB will have fitted their kit at the ISP - as they do all over Russia...

I have accounts on RU social media and am no fan of Kremlin 'away games' or top level corruption or the need to control the formation of new political movements or banning talk of ceding from the RF - while promoting ceding in neighboring states.

I don't express my opinions on there - but do here and the FSB is welcome to read them! ( As is Mrs May - re my thoughts on her 'Brexit' farce or 'Trampu's' ignorance re using the UK equiv of KKKs' videos to promote misinfo )

IF Mrs May has her way, there'll be a much more controlled internet - but as I'm not promoting violent govt over-throws - I'm not 'bovvered' ..

Offline BillyB

« Reply #64 on: February 05, 2018, 12:29:05 AM »
IF you had read some of the posts stupid blokes write to ladies - you'd know they THINK it was a site for prostitutes -

Why do you believe what stupid people say?

Offline msmob

« Reply #65 on: February 05, 2018, 12:38:20 AM »

Why do you believe what stupid people say?

Hmm, do you know what I think of your 'knowledge' ?

Offline BillyB

« Reply #66 on: February 05, 2018, 10:28:08 AM »
 100% of the women you have talk to that use the mamba is not a prostitute yet you think most women there are prostitutes.  :wallbash: Your opinion of me isn't  going to make much sense either.

Offline msmob

« Reply #67 on: February 06, 2018, 01:27:39 AM »
100% of the women you have talk to that use the mamba is not a prostitute yet you think most women there are prostitutes.  :wallbash: Your opinion of me isn't  going to make much sense either.

I see your reading comprehension issues aren't improving, BillyB...

*I* don't think what you 'suggest'...   but I've already made that clear...  Those that do take the trouble to read will have worked out it's the guys that were the issue and why you won't find the FSU women I refer to on your 'recommended' site ... 

There was a time will using mamba.ru as a foreigner was an inspired choice...  those suggesting that now, just demonstrate they don't know ...

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #68 on: February 18, 2018, 12:25:07 PM »
Face it, guys who aren't really looking and meeting the ladies ( that's you and me ) aren't in the best position to say what's the best site ... but the local ( single) ladies might..

Svetlana suggests her friends use fdating and dmnotify - to find a Western man

The best sites for the girls to use aren't necessarily the best site for men.
Back in the olden days when I was using Lucky Lovers because they had
many more active girls than men, where you could also go to Elena's models
and the men outnumbered the girls 5 to 1. Back then LL was better for men
and EM was a better place for the ladies.

My experience is dated but the ladies recommendations could be sausage
factories. My recommendation is to try a few and see how it goes.

FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #69 on: February 18, 2018, 01:43:20 PM »
I don't think EM has changed much Bill, I think a lot of guys starting out like I did go to it as it's quite user freindly to the newbie at FSU dating. For a new guy starting of its info and beginner level introducing of FSU dating is not a bad place to be. Where its not great for the newbie is some of the 'women' on there being suspect in terms of authenticity, there are some of course but I tended to find they are more likely to be in more far flung regions than the cities of Kiev, Odessa, Moscow & St. Pete's. These days though I would not bother with it, some of the articles are still interesting but the subscription cost for the amount of women there is not worth it. I am also a bit dubious that interest from some of the 'women' on there is subscription driven. The number if girls that clicked like on my photo made me feel lie a film star :D

Sites like Mamba I have found are ok but are more directed towards locals. If there are prostitutes on there then they are local prostitutes, lol. I found a lot of women weren't interested so much in foreign guys on there, but it's still not a bad one as loads & loads of women on there.

The FSU dating sites that are free and geared towards FSW looking for foreign men seem to be the best. Not all girls respond, many don't but that's nice & close to reality without it being a real struggle to turf a few up on there.

Lucky lovers I have signed up to at some stage but never really got on with the site. I think a more user friendly look to the site would help it out a bit plus the name sounds a bit too cheesy for my liking. That's what I found anyway.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541382
Total Topics: 20862
Most Online Today: 2973
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 2964
Total: 2974

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:31:49 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Manny
Today at 11:07:15 AM

Re: international travel by krimster2
Today at 09:50:04 AM

Re: international travel by 2tallbill
Today at 08:20:37 AM

Re: Trippin........... by 2tallbill
Today at 08:06:00 AM

Re: Trippin........... by Trenchcoat
Today at 06:09:50 AM

Re: Trippin........... by ML
Today at 05:21:01 AM

Trippin........... by 2tallbill