It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Are there any PPL success stories out there?  (Read 15573 times)

Offline jone

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Are there any PPL success stories out there?
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2018, 02:27:14 PM »

Five bucks she has no idea who the OP is when he contacts her on social media. And nothing against the OP, just how it is.

If its the one I'm thinking, she's on every PPL site I could find.   The only one she isn't on is A-Date.  Even on some Italian ones, if Sandro is interested.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Are there any PPL success stories out there?
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2018, 02:34:41 PM »
Thank you guys, I am listening to everything you say. Learning a lot. I am insisting on the direct contact.
Wont go to Sumy without it, and if I do go, I will have another few girls lined up.

I've dated several girls from PPL's. I only went to visit them if they gave me their
personal information and talked to them. If she contacts you outside of the agency
and you have a backup plan that doesn't involve a PPL agency then I can't think of
a reason not to go, you will come back with experience and more knowledge than
you have now.

Udachi!

Bill
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline alex330

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2018, 02:50:16 PM »
The only one she isn't on is A-Date.

Adate may have been forced to remove her if someone complained.

Offline JayH

« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2018, 04:01:23 PM »
She may still insist on having a translator for "safety". The agency won't want you to meet alone, they need to milk you for as much as they can. Girls who meet men alone can be booted by the agency.

This is a good point  -- a girl may be obligated to get an "earn' for the agency etc.  She may be signed to what she believes is an enforceable contract ( there can be a LOT of reasons why a girl WILL not cross an agency )
Basically--the agency gets a fee for the lead.I have never really seen a problem with that as such -- and it is easier to pay it and get girl free of the agency BS.

To the OP -- some good points made in thread -- particularly by  Alex and Jone ( & in quote).
The negatives may be correct -- but -- it is not an impossible case. I have not done any follow up as Jone as done here so can't comment on that.
The positive comments do show that there may still be an opening .

I have commented in other threads recently -- regardless of pre contact and the extent of it  --only a real life meeting = reality.

That is what the outlay of getting to that stage  is about --  in the HOPE that what you have seen and heard is all correct and true ! eg and not photos of her "sister" etc or before she put on 30kgs ! And of course-- plus that it was actually her that you have been corresponding with.

Not being paranoid about every $ outlaid ( ala Trenchcoat) is a good starting point .Treat it as a cost of doing business like this in a tricky landscape where you cannot control everything ( or anything!)  . that way-- hopefully it is possible to focus on what does really matter and it allows you to roll with whatever happens.
The bottom line -- do not become a committed "buyer" prematurely !! :)

SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline Maxx2

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2018, 12:13:57 AM »
Not being paranoid about every $ outlaid ( ala Trenchcoat) is a good starting point .Treat it as a cost of doing business like this in a tricky landscape where you cannot control everything ( or anything!)  . that way-- hopefully it is possible to focus on what does really matter and it allows you to roll with whatever happens.
The bottom line -- do not become a committed "buyer" prematurely !! :)

Sound advice  :clapping:

Offline msmob

« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2018, 06:48:15 AM »
My info on PPL sites is more than five years old

That I got emails from ladies I'd already met

AND

those I hadn't met - I used their photos - often 5/ 10 years old  - to find them on social media sites - and they were either

1/ 'upset' their images / profiles were still being used - they certainly hadn't contacted me - but might have been happy to carry on

OR

2/ ( in two cases ) 2/ told me not to use their social media social media site as a 'dating site' and to use the  ( PPL )site where their profile was located !

should be more than a clue as to the 'genuineness' of PPL sites...

It's a MUG's game...  if she won't go direct - dump her and move on

Offline CaptB

« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2018, 01:44:11 AM »
Maxx2,

Thanks for the flashback.  A while back I was trying to put together a list of legitimate agencies......from back in the the day. Lifetime Partners (Tver, Russia), MAXX Agency (Yoshkar Ola, Russia), Angelica Network (FSU).....and the dating site TrueLoves. com (from the US). MAXX in particular offered something for everyone. PPL, monthly, yearly,
mini tours, flowers, candy, gifts, transportation, interpreters, rentals.......and even real estate. And he was just a great guy. Unfortunately he passed away at a young age some years ago.

I have to say the the offerings by DaisyBrides would be the way to go today. A similar plan was offered by an agency in Sochi. The rate then was $50 per introduction. The nice thing about this arrangement is the virtually no money is put out until you "actually"........show-up......to be introduced to real people. There have been folks on this forum (and even back in the day)......who spent $5,000....or more.....before leaving their couch. It has always driven me crazy that the main reason some folks her chose Ukraine over Russia......because of the cost of a visa (Russia). If the cost of a visa is significant to you......you probably should forget this endeavor. $70 x 10 introductions.....face to face.....for $700.................cheap.........in the greater scheme of things.

Guys pursuing FSU women have spent as little as $5,000 (not including K1 and citizenship)........to well over $50,000. Hopefully some guys here will try DaisyBrides (or similar).......and let us know how things go.

Capt B
"A Yooper in Moscovia"

Offline alex330

« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2018, 11:26:13 AM »
Guys pursuing FSU women have spent as little as $5,000 (not including K1 and citizenship)........to well over $50,000.

I know guys that made it happen buying the woman a plane ticket to the US. Never visited her or even set foot in Russia. The expenses just begin once she arrives no matter.

Offline CaptB

« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2018, 02:27:23 PM »
Correction. MAKSIM Agency (not Maxx).

I never heard of guys bringing over a "bride" and never setting foot in their country. Unless the rules have changed.....one of the rules for a for a K-1 or K-3....is you have to visit at least once in her home country. ???

Capt B
"A Yooper in Moscovia"

Offline alex330

« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2018, 02:58:55 PM »
You are assuming people follow "rules". I have mentioned the path many times on here - tourist VISA, girl overstays, marries, green card. No wait and less money.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2018, 07:23:39 PM by alex330 »

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2018, 07:14:13 PM »
Maxx2,

Thanks for the flashback.  A while back I was trying to put together a list of legitimate agencies......from back in the the day. Lifetime Partners (Tver, Russia), MAXX Agency (Yoshkar Ola, Russia), Angelica Network (FSU).....and the dating site TrueLoves. com (from the US). MAXX in particular offered something for everyone. PPL, monthly, yearly,
mini tours, flowers, candy, gifts, transportation, interpreters, rentals.......and even real estate. And he was just a great guy. Unfortunately he passed away at a young age some years ago.

I have to say the the offerings by DaisyBrides would be the way to go today. A similar plan was offered by an agency in Sochi. The rate then was $50 per introduction. The nice thing about this arrangement is the virtually no money is put out until you "actually"........show-up......to be introduced to real people. There have been folks on this forum (and even back in the day)......who spent $5,000....or more.....before leaving their couch. It has always driven me crazy that the main reason some folks her chose Ukraine over Russia......because of the cost of a visa (Russia). If the cost of a visa is significant to you......you probably should forget this endeavor. $70 x 10 introductions.....face to face.....for $700.................cheap.........in the greater scheme of things.

Guys pursuing FSU women have spent as little as $5,000 (not including K1 and citizenship)........to well over $50,000. Hopefully some guys here will try DaisyBrides (or similar).......and let us know how things go.

Capt B

Hey Mark how have you been? Heard from your old friend jb lately? I remember a photo of a rather large fish you caught with jb in the Gulf. You don't get those in Lake Michigan! So how is the Misses?

I am in Kiev now. Been here 3 weeks. I'll be here another 12 days, then back to my adopted country of Georgia. I've met some ladies from Daisybrides. Gotten contact info from several of them and seen one a number of times without agency involvement. From what I can tell the agency is on the up and up. The biggest problem I have is the women are super busy at their jobs. A good job is not something that is easy to give up for a chance on a man. So my idea of spending a lot of time with a woman getting to know her has not been so easy. The one woman I've seen 5 times has flexible work hours and she can make up the time lost spent with me.

I Viber wrote this to one woman:

"Until I chatted with you I didn't fully understand this situation. It will be my biggest hurdle to overcome in finding a wife. It would be difficult for a woman to give up one life on a chance for a better one. It is less about finding a man and more about economic security."

I am not a young man, so I've been looking for an older woman. Older women are less likely to be ruled by emotion and they have the wisdom that age brings.

Offline deccie

« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2018, 08:49:48 PM »

I know guys that made it happen buying the woman a plane ticket to the US. Never visited her or even set foot in Russia. The expenses just begin once she arrives no matter.

Because that's a great basis for a relationship. Wonder how many are still married 5 years later.

Offline alex330

« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2018, 09:00:19 PM »
Because that's a great basis for a relationship. Wonder how many are still married 5 years later.

I have told some of the horror stories on those relationships in the forums. But surprisingly a few have turned out ok. I would certainly not do it myself.

Offline deccie

« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2018, 10:38:47 PM »

I have told some of the horror stories on those relationships in the forums. But surprisingly a few have turned out ok. I would certainly not do it myself.
I suspect that is most cases where it worked it would be down to the  woman involved more than the man..

Offline IvanM07

« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2018, 08:22:04 PM »
Can't really say I'm a success story as far as dating or marrying but I was using AFA before I read into them on this board. $7.50 a letter sent and received. I sent out letters to 4, one of which contacted me first. 3 turned out to be fake and not interested in getting my info via IMBRA (I need it for translator or non-committal sure I will!). The 4th was encountering issues with the agency giving her my information after she said she wanted to be contacted.

Her friend was from Lugansk and Married a guy from Perth and told her that I probably wanted to get her contact info due to how expensive it was and that that's why the agency didn't want to hand my info over, as they were being paid. She searched through Facebook for a few hours and found me due to some of the info I'd used in my letters and since the profile pic was the same as the AFA site. I think for a week after that she apologized almost daily about not realizing how much it had cost me to send those messages, lol.

We've been Chatting on either Skype or Telegram daily and I'm due to see her in May if she can get a few days off, otherwise July for sure. I told her I'd be getting an airbnb by her and she invited me to stay with her and her parents to save money.

Getting back to AFA though I tried what BillyB suggested (E)using (G)parentheses to get past the filters, it always got censored. They check the letters and are aware of the ways most people use to get around them, Best way is to ask for a profile pic that's not by the agency and hope it comes up in a reverse image search or just going through all of the "Svetlana" or "Irina" on VK in Charkassy or Odessa in that age range.

I even tried starting the first letter of each line page break with my email and it was still censored lol.

All that to say even though it's a low sample size of only 4, 75% being paid employees or agency writers and 25% being Legit is not a good ratio.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2018, 08:30:42 PM »
Getting back to AFA though I tried what BillyB suggested (E)using (G)parentheses to get past the filters, it always got censored. They check the letters and are aware of the ways most people use to get around them, Best way is to ask for a profile pic that's not by the agency and hope it comes up in a reverse image search or just going through all of the "Svetlana" or "Irina" on VK in Charkassy or Odessa in that age range.

I even tried starting the first letter of each line page break with my email and it was still censored lol.

As cheap as it is to pay people over there, agencies may have real humans reading letters instead of computer software. Us Western men are big money and they don't want us to communicate around their agencies. Keep in mind, many of the letters you send, agency employees read them and agency employees respond to them. With pay to play sites, you don't know if you're communicating with the girl in the photo or not.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline IvanM07

« Reply #41 on: April 13, 2018, 08:37:54 PM »
As cheap as it is to pay people over there, agencies may have real humans reading letters instead of computer software. Us Western men are big money and they don't want us to communicate around their agencies. Keep in mind, many of the letters you send, agency employees read them and agency employees respond to them. With pay to play sites, you don't know if you're communicating with the girl in the photo or not.

Agreed 100%, In my case PPL was worth it because I seem to have met a genuinely interested and great person so it was worth the $200, I mean compared to the Plane tickets and spending time over there that's nothing and I got my value out of it.

But again the odds are stacked against you versus a free site or monthly pay site, maybe the other thing too is setting realistic expectations. I'm 27 and not 300lbs. The age range I was Targeting was 24-29 and this girl happened to be 25, so only a 2 year difference. She told me people as old as 80 were sending her messages which to me is bonkers.

Offline msmob

« Reply #42 on: April 14, 2018, 10:58:12 AM »

She probably has a VK.com page, find her there and send her a note.

Beel, this doesn't mean that any lass is who they say they are ....  I have come across Odnoklassniki / VK profiles In English )  that were created by agencies

For sure video chat ( non chargeable ) is a good start

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #43 on: April 15, 2018, 01:42:57 PM »
Beel, this doesn't mean that any lass is who they say they are .... 
I have come across Odnoklassniki / VK profiles In English ) 
that were created by agencies

For sure video chat ( non chargeable ) is a good start

My general advice is to avoid the PPL sites altogether.
There is no way to eliminate every risk as I am sure
you know. If you can find somebody on VK and then
get their personal contact information would just be
a good way to get the sketchy agency out of the picture.

My first trip to the FSU to meet a girl in Odessa was
through a PPL site. I arranged my own, translator,
apartment, transportation and got the agency totally
out of the picture.

The girl did try to pull an elaborate scam on me at
the end, but didn't get away with it since she didn't
have anybody at the agency to run interference for
her.

The girl I met in Lugansk was from a PPL site, but I
got her to secretly send me her phone number and
we gave the agency the boot.

For the newbies who would like to know more about
my trials and tribulations can read about some of them
here
http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?topic=3432.0

FSUW don't do vague

Offline Sting23

• Banned Member
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #44 on: April 15, 2018, 01:48:54 PM »
My general advice is to avoid the PPL sites altogether.
There is no way to eliminate every risk as I am sure
you know. If you can find somebody on VK and then

My first trip to the FSU to meet a girl in Odessa was
through a PPL site. I arranged my own, translator,
apartment, transportation and got the agency totally
out of the picture.

The girl did try to pull an elaborate scam on me at
the end, but didn't get away with it since she didn't
have anybody at the agency to run interference for
her.

The girl I met in Lugansk was from a PPL site, but I
got her to secretly send me her phone number and
we gave the agency the boot.

yeah that's why I say forget the agencies and all that. it's not too hard with social media and internet now to do everything yourself. just use your brain. or do it the real way, go to the city and start talking to people live in person. that's how I did it.

what was the scam the girl pulled on you?  Seems like Ukraine is notorious for girls who scam.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Are there any PPL success stories out there?
« Reply #45 on: April 15, 2018, 05:04:24 PM »
yeah that's why I say forget the agencies and all that. it's not too hard with social media and internet now to do everything yourself. just use your brain. or do it the real way, go to the city and start talking to people live in person. that's how I did it.

what was the scam the girl pulled on you?  Seems like Ukraine is notorious for girls who scam.

I met Georgia peaches on MySpace and I met my wife Angel
Eyes on a social networking site not a marriage agency.

The scam was on reply 363. Her scam was atypical because
she rode me like a stolen bicycle before she tried it.
http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?topic=3432.350

« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 05:07:11 PM by 2tallbill »
FSUW don't do vague

Offline msmob

« Reply #46 on: April 15, 2018, 09:31:29 PM »
If you can find somebody on VK and then

But if the social media profile is just there to deceive, one might continue to 'believe' ))

So many ladies I know with social media profiles don't have them viewable on searches ...trying to avoid being hit on or simply don't have a profile.

Offline Sting23

• Banned Member
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #47 on: April 15, 2018, 09:45:07 PM »
I met Georgia peaches on MySpace and I met my wife Angel
Eyes on a social networking site not a marriage agency.

The scam was on reply 363. Her scam was atypical because
she rode me like a stolen bicycle before she tried it.
http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?topic=3432.350

I couldn't quite follow, she scammed you on English lessons?  Nowadays taking English lessons is not the best way to learn.  This coming from a teacher.  You need to be self motivated.  I never took a Russian lesson once in my life.  Being thrown into a Russian only environment.  You learn fast.  Like telling your Russian neighbour to turn the TV sound down at night in the most diplomatic way to not piss em off.

Offline Boomstick77

« Reply #48 on: April 16, 2018, 08:20:21 AM »
FSU people aren’t very subtle when it comes to being diplomatic and using reasoning. When the beds rocking, the neighbors can be very psychotic. It’s a good laugh. I just tell my wife that if you yield to them they will take huge advantage of you...that’s why you antagonize them twice as bad. One lady followed us down the street and threatened to call the cops on us. Yeah..like that’s going to happen. The cops would just laugh. Another neighbor was using a butter knife on the radiator to signal that things were to loud. I just did the same thing to them but grabbed two butter knifes and started playing on the radiator like it was a drum to a beat of the music video on M1.

One lady rang the doorbell 50 times and when I opened the door she instantly came in and said she was the building manager and if we didn’t quiet down then she’d kick us out. We gave her the sign that had the owners telephone number and to call him if she had a problem. She got mad and said the information was outdated. Then left in a hissy fit. If I’m paying a boat load of money at a place then suck it up. I’ve watched family dramas on tv and noise is something they have to tolerate..hence the reason for the rugs on the wall.

Online krimster2

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #49 on: April 16, 2018, 08:53:21 AM »
OMG!!!!

this is what happened to me after I lived there for 3 years, I started pushing little old ladies out of the way who tried to cut me off in line, uttering "suka" under my breath just loud enough for them to hear...

my first year back in the USA was "tense" and I had to re-adapt to the USA...

my family and I are going to look at living part-time abroad if we can all agree on a choice!!!

somewhere over the rainbow...

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540999
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1950
Total: 1961

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM