It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: More Bad News for Russia  (Read 1082002 times)

Offline AC

• Banned Member
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 1 - 3
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1200 on: December 22, 2014, 08:27:57 AM »
I would like to know what the "great personal cost" is, because it doesn't seem to me that you've revealed it as of yet.  Being temporarily detained can happen in any Western country as well.  Seems to me there is a greater danger to you because you're American and some fruit loop who hates Americans might try to attack you, than anything from the government.  The government probably allows you to go about your business as they know it would be a bad example to do otherwise.

Offline AC

• Banned Member
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1201 on: December 22, 2014, 09:02:13 AM »

They are worried about a war, and they pray every day that war will not come to Russia. I also walk the streets and ride the subway and everywhere, I mean everywhere, there are messages about resisting the fascists in Ukraine and protecting the Motherland against invasion (by the USA and NATO). One cannot escape the war footing, and I understand how easy it is to be swayed when the main sources for news are feeding the populace a non-stop diet of war and patriotic messages.

Gator claims that the USA has the technology to direct meteors where to hit the earth and that the US was behind the recent meteor that landed in Russia's far east.

If so quite bluntly I would not at all be upset if the USA directed a few hundred meteors to land in Moscow with all the resultant destruction.  Russians want to hyperventilate about a threat from the USA give them one from outer space.  Russians cheer gleefully at their governments actions in Crimea and E. Ukraine -- give them a taste of what it's like to be bombarded.

You can explain the reason that they're a bunch of zombies and while it makes sense I see no reason why the rest of the World should not take real action against Putin.  The next time he tries to provoke NATO with one of his stupid military flights almost hitting civilian aircraft in the West I hope the country involved shoots his guys out of the sky.  Enough is enough with this tin-pot dictator; give him the hot conflict that he wants.  Then follow it up with a massive meteor strike on Moscow.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 02:51:50 PM by AC »

Offline mendeleyev

• RWD Advisor
  • Trips: Resident
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1202 on: December 22, 2014, 09:05:13 AM »
I would like to know what the "great personal cost" is, because it doesn't seem to me that you've revealed it as of yet.

You are correct, I have not revealed it.
The Mendeleyev Journal. http://mendeleyevjournal.com Member: Congress of Russian Journalists; ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.RU (Journalist-Russia); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.UA (Journalist-Ukraine); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.KZ (Journalist-Kazakhstan); ПОРТАЛ ЖУРНАЛИСТОВ (Portal of RU-UA Journalists); Просто Журналисты ("Just Journalists").

Offline jone

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1203 on: December 22, 2014, 09:17:03 AM »
Gator claims that the USA has the technology to direct meteors where to hit the earth and that the US was behind the recent meteor that landed in Russia's far east.

If so quite bluntly I would not at all be upset if the USA directed a few hundred meteors to land in Moscow with all the resultant destruction.  Russians want to hyperventilate about a threat from the USA give them one from outer space.  Russians cheer gleefully at their governments actions in Crimea and E. Ukraine -- give them a taste of what it's like to be bombarded.

You can explain the reason that they're a bunch of zombies and while it makes sense I see no reason why the rest of the World should not take real action against Putin.  The next time he tries to provoke NATO with one of his stupid military flights almost hitting civilian aircraft in the West I hope the country involve shoots his guys out of the sky.  Enough is enough with this tin-pot dictator; give him the hot conflict that he wants.  Then follow it up with a massive meteor strike on Moscow.

I really hope you're venting and not serious.  I love the Russian people and have many friends there.  Most of the Russians that I know do not think like Doll or Belvis and act like nothing bad is happening or try to discredit anyone who brings up evidence against the Kremlin's acts.  While they think their country is following the correct path, they do not close their eyes to what is happening over in Ukraine.

You demonstrate that you do not know the real people in Russia or you never would make such statements in public.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline AC

• Banned Member
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1204 on: December 22, 2014, 09:20:24 AM »
I really hope you're venting and not serious.  I love the Russian people and have many friends there.  Most of the Russians that I know do not think like Doll or Belvis and act like nothing bad is happening or try to discredit anyone who brings up evidence against the Kremlin's acts.  While they think their country is following the correct path, they do not close their eyes to what is happening over in Ukraine.

You demonstrate that you do not know the real people in Russia or you never would make such statements in public.

I see no difference between the Russian people right now and between the German people at the onset of WWII.  The German population was flying high after annexing parts of Czechoslovakia and the whole country of Austria.

You can like them all you want to, but if they don't know the personal suffering which they've aggressively launched against Ukraine then they're not going to change their ways.

Offline jone

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1205 on: December 22, 2014, 09:42:10 AM »
AC,

I don't know what your personal journey is to find a spouse in an FSU country, but your words tell me that you have much to learn about Russia (and the surrounding countries).   I have taught classes to young Russian students living here in the States.  When they came to the US, they had no illusions that their country had a long way to go. 

You have to realize that you are looking only at one side of an equation.  If you spend time in Russia, as many of us have done, you would realize that the problem is much more complex than you make it out to be.  I sympathize with the Russian people.  They believe Putin is moving forward the best he can under undo hardship.

I have to relate a story:  One of the students, named Alex, became a Starbucks addict when he was in the States.  Couldn't live without it.  When we were traveling back in the Moscow area, I insisted that he be my driver.  He claimed that there were no Starbucks in Moscow.  So on the last day, I told him we had a meeting on Novy Arbat.    He took us to the address, and, low and behold, there was a Starbucks.  I told him that this was our meeting for the morning.  As he was leaving, with a big smile on his face, I gave him a 10,000 Ruble Gift Card from Starbucks so he could go back every time he wanted (until the next time we saw each other.)

Today Alex is a bank manager in the Moscow area.  He loves to tell the story of his American friends and, when I am in Moscow, we make sure to catch a lunch together.  (I would be interested to hear what he thinks about the drop in the Ruble this week.)

AC, my point is that you have just advocated dropping a meteor on my friend's home. 

But in terms of realization of what their country is doing?  I believe that the people of Russia have not begun to feel the long cold winter that they have brought on themselves.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

lordtiberius

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1206 on: December 22, 2014, 09:44:34 AM »
AC, is right.  There is a no difference.

Offline AC

• Banned Member
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1207 on: December 22, 2014, 11:51:56 AM »

AC, my point is that you have just advocated dropping a meteor on my friend's home

But in terms of realization of what their country is doing?  I believe that the people of Russia have not begun to feel the long cold winter that they have brought on themselves.

That's correct I have.  If you think I am joking then refer to the post ML made about Russians; I feel very similar as he does after reading the stuff on this forum.  The constant denials, lies, obfuscations and refusal to face any sort of reality like the rest of the human beings on this planet.  And these same xenophobic bunch of chauvinistic racists think that they are better than Ukrainians?  Better than Kazakhstani's?  Better than the Chechen people who they nearly obliterated in malicious acts of genocide?  Better than the Dutch civilians and others who they blew out of the sky in an act of terror?

Save your pious speech for somebody else; I'm no longer interested.  "The long cold winter they have brought upon themselves".  Indeed. 
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 11:53:39 AM by AC »

Offline AkMike

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: Resident
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1208 on: December 22, 2014, 12:16:45 PM »
More good news tonight on TSN news.

It seems that some of these lost Muskovi tourists want to be paid.. No pay no terrorize.. They're leaving!

Offline JayH

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1209 on: December 22, 2014, 01:49:55 PM »
That's correct I have.  If you think I am joking then refer to the post ML made about Russians; I feel very similar as he does after reading the stuff on this forum.  The constant denials, lies, obfuscations and refusal to face any sort of reality like the rest of the human beings on this planet.  And these same xenophobic bunch of chauvinistic racists think that they are better than Ukrainians?  Better than Kazakhstani's?  Better than the Chechen people who they nearly obliterated in malicious acts of genocide?  Better than the Dutch civilians and others who they blew out of the sky in an act of terror?

Save your pious speech for somebody else; I'm no longer interested.  "The long cold winter they have brought upon themselves".  Indeed.
AC--I read ML's comments and understand totally the passion and sentiments he expressed- I do not think anyone who has read my comments  would be in any doubt where my sympathies are.
One of the benefits we all have who live in democracies that support free speech(within reason) is that we are able to say pretty much whatever--no matter how ridiculous it is.

We see on the forum from some posters--in this thread recently Doll and Belvis-- show little empathy or sympathy for Ukraine and Ukrainians but by and large they confine themselves to a contrary view -- and apart from showing ignorance and silly denial of some clear facts--it is their right to do so.I agree with very little they say-- and I am disappointed that those with access to open media are so restricted in their thinking--but their right to say what they think is fundamental to western countries basic freedoms.

At the same time-- thinking they represent ALL Russian thinking is a stretch too far. A little like someone attributing all of us here on the forum to LT's comments. I would say I agree with a percentage of what he says-- but certainly not the whole --nor the way he sees the world generally. Taking individual opinions and attributing in a wider sense  is wrong.

As Jon says above--this is a series of complex issues and easy for the malicious to exploit division and create hatred-- none of that will help solve this problem for Ukraine.When the world stops talking to each other--then the real problems start.

SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline AC

• Banned Member
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1210 on: December 22, 2014, 01:52:09 PM »
AC--I read ML's comments and understand totally the passion and sentiments he expressed- I do not think anyone who has read my comments  would be in any doubt where my sympathies are.
One of the benefits we all have who live in democracies that support free speech(within reason) is that we are able to say pretty much whatever--no matter how ridiculous it is.

We see on the forum from some posters--in this thread recently Doll and Belvis-- show little empathy or sympathy for Ukraine and Ukrainians but by and large they confine themselves to a contrary view -- and apart from showing ignorance and silly denial of some clear facts--it is their right to do so.I agree with very little they say-- and I am disappointed that those with access to open media are so restricted in their thinking--but their right to say what they think is fundamental to western countries basic freedoms.

At the same time-- thinking they represent ALL Russian thinking is a stretch too far. A little like someone attributing all of us here on the forum to LT's comments. I would say I agree with a percentage of what he says-- but certainly not the whole --nor the way he sees the world generally. Taking individual opinions and attributing in a wider sense  is wrong.

As Jon says above--this is a series of complex issues and easy for the malicious to exploit division and create hatred-- none of that will help solve this problem for Ukraine.When the world stops talking to each other--then the real problems start.

Offline JayH

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1211 on: December 22, 2014, 01:53:55 PM »
OK, may 30 deaths. I'm talking about the fresh graves you mentioned. I don't dispute everything negative said about Russia, I'm asking to show the credible sources.  Can you?
Well, the talk about trolls can't be counted for the argument, agree?  :)
You have refered to russian jornalists. I can't accept their writings because:

1) The main source about many-many dead Russian soldiers,  human right activist Elena Vasileva, was exposed  as a liar when she listed the names of killed soldiers. Her list turned to be  the Orenburg local football team “Gazovik” players.  Then she wrote about killed Russian combat swimmers near Mariupol and again with names. Well, she just copied the names from fantastic book of Alexander Bushkov about combat divers. You see, why the thousands dead Russian soldiers in Ukraine  have became the source for jokes in russian social network.

2) You have refered to the article of  another activist, Shlosseberg, where he presented info about russian servicemen in Ukraine. But the same source is talking about American brigade of  electronic warfare at Donbass. Will you accept that Americans GIs are taking part in figthing
:D

What is your source where it shows that that she is discredited?
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline AC

• Banned Member
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1212 on: December 22, 2014, 01:55:28 PM »

Like I told jone save the pious arguments for somebody else.  I've turned the corner and turned over a new leaf.

At the end of WWII millions of ethnic Germans who could not get away from the Soviets were rounded up and butchered and starved by Stalin and nobody ever wrote much of anything that I am aware of expressing sympathy for them.

The Russian population at this point deserves what they've got coming to them and as far as I'm concerned the sooner the better.  Any more delays just buy time for the regime of a despotic dictator.

Offline AC

• Banned Member
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1213 on: December 22, 2014, 01:59:02 PM »
Excerpt of interview with Oleksandr Turchynov:

– The Minsk agreements. How can we force Russia to fulfill them? What will be Ukraine’s strategy for the future?

– Russia is acting in a despicable manner. Russia has attacked when we were weak as never before–in fact, when there was no real government in the country. They attacked when there was no combat-ready army, when there was a complete collapse of law enforcement structures. Like jackals, they stabbed [us] in the back.

The only mechanism to force them to comply with the agreements, including the Minsk agreement, and to make [them] free the occupied territories – is a strong army and a strong state. There is no other mechanism. I do not believe in diplomacy towards Russia. I do not believe they will leave, fearing the pressure from our allies.Only a strong Ukrainian army will force them to get out of our territory."

http://maidantranslations.com/2014/12/22/oleksandr-turchynovs-first-nsdc-interview-i-dont-believe-in-diplomacy-towards-putins-russia/
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 02:01:20 PM by AC »

Offline JayH

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1214 on: December 22, 2014, 02:07:22 PM »
It's been said by another poster that you tend to hyperventilate and blow a lot of hot air and it sure appears to be true with that statement.  You may have had some opinions along the lines of the article, but none of your opinions were backed up by cold hard facts like the article is.  So yeah, you're trying to "pump your own tyres".

At the time I posted various links to stories>  I prefer to post source material for all to read for themselves-- rather than plagiarise and regurgitate. Allowing  all to read they can make their own minds up about the quality and weight of the words!
It is the reason I post many links and prefer to include translations in summarised gives readers the joist of a story -even if you do not like the translation.

Offline AC

• Banned Member
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1215 on: December 22, 2014, 02:24:55 PM »
At the time I posted various links to stories>  I prefer to post source material for all to read for themselves-- rather than plagiarise and regurgitate. Allowing  all to read they can make their own minds up about the quality and weight of the words!
It is the reason I post many links and prefer to include translations in summarised gives readers the joist of a story -even if you do not like the translation.

Mostly what you post as "links" is indecipherable gibberish which was in Russian and is a very bad translation in English, if you can even call it that.

It's just my opinion and perhaps the opinion of a few others, that you did not call events a year ago like you are claiming.

Offline Doll

• Trips: No Selection
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1216 on: December 22, 2014, 02:28:02 PM »
More good news tonight on TSN news.

It seems that some of these lost Muskovi tourists want to be paid.. No pay no terrorize.. They're leaving!
where did you take this word- Muscovi?

Offline fathertime

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1217 on: December 22, 2014, 02:30:19 PM »
Mostly what you post as "links" is indecipherable gibberish which was in Russian and is a very bad translation in English, if you can even call it that.

It's just my opinion and perhaps the opinion of a few others, that you did not call events a year ago like you are claiming.

Bingo!

Fathertime!   
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline JayH

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1218 on: December 22, 2014, 02:43:54 PM »

Which part of _ you can read the links yourself--  do you not understand.
Really--how petty can you get--the translations I post are there for those that can't or don't want to do it themselves.
As for FT-- you would not keep showing your ignorance if you read a few of the links.
finis

Offline Gator

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1219 on: December 22, 2014, 02:53:01 PM »

my point is that you have just advocated dropping a meteor on my friend's home 

That's correct I have.  If you think I am joking then refer to the post ML made about Russians; I feel very similar as he does after reading the stuff on this forum. 

Reading?  You said reading!  You advocate killing millions of people based on what you read on this forum, an internet forum where anyone can say anything with impunity, as evidenced by what you just wrote. 

I truly hope you are pulling our leg the same as I did when claiming the US can control meteors.  If you are not joking, you are no better than the Russians who support Putin based on what they read.  One difference, I doubt if any of them advocate killing millions of Americans.   

Spend some personal time with real Russians and then decide if they deserve extinction. 

You equated today's Russians with WWII Germans.  I equate your remarks, if serious, to the alledged chants, "What do we want?  Dead Cops!"

Offline AC

• Banned Member
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1220 on: December 22, 2014, 02:56:18 PM »
That's correct I have.  If you think I am joking then refer to the post ML made about Russians; I feel very similar as he does after reading the stuff on this forum. 

Reading?  You said reading!  You advocate killing millions of people based on what you read on this forum, an internet forum where anyone can say anything with impunity, as evidenced by what you just wrote. 

I truly hope you are pulling our leg the same as I did when claiming the US can control meteors.  If you are not joking, you are no better than the Russians who support Putin based on what they read.  One difference, I doubt if any of them advocate killing millions of Americans.   

Spend some personal time with real Russians and then decide if they deserve extinction. 

You equated today's Russians with WWII Germans.  I equate your remarks, if serious, to the alledged chants, "What do we want?  Dead Cops!"

Equate all you want.  And don't just read this forum, read any forum with Russians spewing their hatred and vitriol towards those who don't want to be their colonial slaves.

The sooner they get a taste of their own medicine the better for their lot in the long run. 

Offline jone

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1221 on: December 22, 2014, 03:40:59 PM »
AC -

In all fairness, what you are really seeing is an army of paid Web Trolls.  You see them on any site that has to do with Western / Russian relations.  I would be very surprised if we didn't have one on this site.  While the Russian perspective may be prejudiced against Ukraine and the West, the average guy from Russia probably has relatives in Ukraine and isn't quite so strident.  We have hinted broadly at that in previous posts.  Maybe you should take that to heart, lest you fall in love with a Russian woman some day and someone reads your comments to her  (which are more than strident and bordering on maniacal).

Just out of curiosity, I am interested to know how many on this site believe that it is commonly read by the FSB who wish to get a 'take' on the pulse of Western thought?

Offline Doll

• Trips: No Selection
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1222 on: December 22, 2014, 03:42:33 PM »
Gator, the very name of this thread  means a lot, people are happy that  Russians are getting through hardships. Not Putin, not government but just people. And yes- they are openly wishing dead corps.
The whole board is disturbing
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 03:52:39 PM by Doll »

Offline AC

• Banned Member
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1223 on: December 22, 2014, 03:48:56 PM »

Maybe you should take that to heart, lest you fall in love with a Russian woman some day and someone reads your comments to her.

:naughty:
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 03:52:38 PM by AC »

Offline jone

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1224 on: December 22, 2014, 03:52:16 PM »
Silly guy, AC.

Were you a charter member to the KKK as well?

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541334
Total Topics: 20861
Most Online Today: 2843
Most Online Ever: 12701