It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Gifts for meeting the family  (Read 18159 times)

Offline rw_recruiter

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: None (yet)
Gifts for meeting the family
« on: August 27, 2017, 01:22:34 AM »
I plan on meeting this girls family if all goes well and would like to bring gifts.

I bought her a karaoke machine for entertainment. Her father I may bring a nice bottle of American bourbon. Makers Mark or Knob Creek I think. Mother a camera and some flash drives. She likes photography. Babushka I have no idea. Her brother I will need to think on as well.

Any good suggestions?

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Gifts for meeting the family
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2017, 01:28:59 AM »

If you're from America, buy American. See's truffle candies are always a hit. The favorite gift my wife liked was a scenic book of the state I live in. The lady gets the impression you're showing her scenery of her future home.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

drsecu

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2017, 07:54:04 AM »
I plan on meeting this girls family if all goes well and would like to bring gifts.

I bought her a karaoke machine for entertainment. Her father I may bring a nice bottle of American bourbon. Makers Mark or Knob Creek I think. Mother a camera and some flash drives. She likes photography. Babushka I have no idea. Her brother I will need to think on as well.

Any good suggestions?

Peanut butter, or peanut butter cups.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2017, 10:18:25 AM »
Lets hope she doesn't get one of those FSW moments and states she does not wish you to meet them making all your efforts in vain. They tend to be a bit like that I find, lol. :deadhorse:
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Anotherkiwi

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2017, 01:30:20 AM »
Peanut butter, or peanut butter cups.

Not necessarily a good idea, unless you know them (and their health) well.  An allergy to peanuts, even though not exactly common, is one of the most likely to encounter.

Offline msmob

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2017, 03:37:17 AM »
Lets hope she doesn't get one of those FSW moments and states she does not wish you to meet them making all your efforts in vain. They tend to be a bit like that I find, lol. :deadhorse:

VERACITY ALERT

Like your experiences are 'exhaustive' ...   

Except, perhaps this was a very telling statement .  I've NEVER had that happen to me .. Hmm, I wonder why it happens to you ...

Offline JayH

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2017, 07:28:18 PM »
VERACITY ALERT

Like your experiences are 'exhaustive' ...   

Except, perhaps this was a very telling statement .  I've NEVER had that happen to me .. Hmm, I wonder why it happens to you ...

Moby -- he barely had time to shake hands with the "girl" he went to meet before she fled !! Let alone meet  family or friends !
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline ML

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2017, 07:59:02 PM »
As we read and hear on news constantly, bullying is a major problem with children.

There is an extreme amount of bullying occurring on this discussion site.
And it's the worst kind where not just one, but several keep piling on.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline msmob

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2017, 10:08:10 PM »
As we read and hear on news constantly, bullying is a major problem with children.

ML

Trrenchcoat gets what he deserves.. The day one of our cats kittens got run over - I saw his 'sense of humour' in action ...  Big boys games, big boys rules, perhaps ? ..

Offline BillyB

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2017, 11:17:45 PM »
  Big boys games, big boys rules, perhaps ? ..

More like juvenile games. Almost everybody here criticized Trench for one thing or another. Some people want to follow him around and respond to everything he says. Strange behavior. JayH has resorted to name calling lately. That's the kind of stuff that goes on in 4th grade. 4th graders don't get laid.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline ChickMagnet

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2017, 07:21:31 PM »

What is bullying on this board? Is that question considered bullying? I lean more towards your view of bullying as somebody challenging you
or disagreeing with you.  If a person cannot handle the opinions that contradict what he's doing, he should just stop this process. This route is
not for weak, millennial, snow flake dudes. But, what strikes me about your post is all the OP did was ask a question about bringing gifts to meet
his lady. Then you jump to how this board is bullying? Am I wrong in stating in your bicep area your arms are straight and match the straight
area on your triceps? There's no building in your muscles and my guess is your personality is very weak. If that comment offended you, that's not the right mentalilty for the FSUW route.

Seriously, I don't know if you are real or not in thinking about bullying. You must be responding to what has become the biggest freak ever on this board, Trenchcoat. If that's so, he's like Don Knotts as Mr Chicken. Trenchcoat is so far the biggest wimp I've ever seen post anything on this board. But, you cannot immediately revert to getting your feelings hurt. Debate, discuss, challenge, admit you're wrong, keep typing, and never let someone's opinion interfere with you in anything.

Trenchjacket hasn't responded to anything I have posted. I'm still waiting so I can have fun with him.

OWW

Offline msmob

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2017, 10:11:59 PM »

More like juvenile games. Almost everybody here criticized Trench for one thing or another.

With good reason .. There's no harm being new - seeking to learn - there is 'harm' in offering 'advice' to the folks new to this endeavour - when it sucks - as he is basing such 'advice' - normally derogatory - based on his belief that the opposite sex are either too fat and unworthy or good looking and therefore 'entitled' scammers...

'Juvenile games?'  That would be like a bored, lonely - while wifey is away - married man joining dating sites to 'educate' guys?....

Offline BillyB

« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2017, 11:18:40 PM »
there is 'harm' in offering 'advice' to the folks new to this endeavour - when it sucks - as he is basing such 'advice' - normally derogatory - based on his belief that the opposite sex are either too fat and unworthy or good looking and therefore 'entitled' scammers...

If 10 guys offer a new poster advice and Trench's advice is different than the other nine guys who agree with each other, the new poster should have enough intelligence to figure out the best advice or he will continue to fail. I've said a few times Trench needs to make changes to himself to improve his chances of success. I don't need to repeat myself forever and I'm not worried if some new poster views Trench as the one poster he can get solid advice from.

Offline Anotherkiwi

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2017, 02:20:49 AM »
...I'm not worried if some new poster views Trench as the one poster he can get solid advice from.

I am.

Offline msmob

« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2017, 04:20:41 PM »

Offline BillyB

« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2017, 05:29:54 PM »
I am.

If a newbie feels ONE poster is the go to guy for advice and it isn't you, you're free to waste your time helping him.

Offline msmob

« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2017, 06:50:23 PM »

If a newbie feels ONE poster is the go to guy for advice and it isn't you, you're free to waste your time helping him.

The really scary thing is they might think your dating site 'research' or 'advice on living in Russia' makes you the go to guy  ;D

Offline BillyB

« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2017, 07:20:58 PM »
The really scary thing is they might think your dating site 'research' or 'advice on living in Russia' makes you the go to guy  ;D

I'm not worried if someone takes my advice. I'm in a happy place. If a guy needs advice, he's wanting to get into a happy place. How I do things and how I think will always get me the same results I'm experiencing now. I will never be lonely and when I marry, it will be with a woman that blows people's minds. I don't expect most people to think like me and I don't expect most people to get the same results.

Offline msmob

BillyB is in a happy place - re dating advice
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2017, 11:39:58 PM »

I'm not worried if someone takes my advice.

Not sure how that deals with the issue - that it is about based on BillyB's 'research model' ;)

I'm in a happy place.

So you keep saying .. but most of us don't join dating sites when married...or pretend to be something / someone else - for 'research purposes'.   

If a guy needs advice, he's wanting to get into a happy place. How I do things and how I think will always get me the same results I'm experiencing now. I will never be lonely and when I marry, it will be with a woman that blows people's minds. I don't expect most people to think like me and I don't expect most people to get the same results.

Your 'dating advice'  - if based on your 'research' - is based on 'garbage in, garbage out data ..  You aren't being honest with the ladies you prey on and I strongly suspect you can't give it the time most serious guys spend on initial contact, chat - moving to video chat and perhaps meeting

I expect any results you'd get if your 'profile' said "I'm a bored American guy married to a Ukrainian who is away for the summer and this is for research purposes' would be more accurate, though ... ;)

You don't speak the lingo ( Russian or Ukrainian) and loads of ladies don't speak decent English ..  Fact is you'd be hitting a 'brick wall' pretty quickly.

Look, I've been out of the dating scene - thank GOD - for nearly four years - you seem to get some sort of perverse thrill re-living sort encounters ....  it ain't normal married behaviour - hence my questioning your 'advice' ...

Offline BillyB

« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2017, 06:00:57 AM »

Msmob, you probably don't even know you squabble more than a room full of ladies that disagree. One week it's with me, another week it's with someone else. Only you are complaining about my research and my motives. Repeating yourself over and over isn't going to make you suddenly right. People can read for themselves. Don't assume they are stupid and need you to help them understand it the way you read it. You need to get to a happy place.

Offline msmob

« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2017, 07:28:19 AM »

One week it's with me, another week it's with someone else. Only you are complaining about my research and my motives. Repeating yourself over and over isn't going to make you suddenly right. People can read for themselves. Don't assume they are stupid and need you to help them understand it the way you read it. You need to get to a happy place.

BillyB, thanks for proving that you read -selectively - I was one of at least four members that passed comment on your 'research' in a way that suggested B zarre....

If you post daft - expect a comment - and can carry on  telling us you're 'happy' and anyone disagreeing is a 'hater'  ;)

Offline BillyB

« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2017, 06:12:35 PM »
BillyB, thanks for proving that you read -selectively - I was one of at least four members that passed comment on your 'research' in a way that suggested B zarre....

If you post daft - expect a comment - and can carry on  telling us you're 'happy' and anyone disagreeing is a 'hater'  ;)

You are clueless to the fact you are different. People disagree but you continue to disagree with people months or years after the discussion is over. You mentioned you don't approve many times. What good does repeating do? It makes you look silly. People heard you the first time and I don't live my life to your way of doing things so you're not going to change my mind. Also other people who disagree don't start threads in the names of those they disagree with. I've disagreed with you many times but I don't feel you're important enough to start a thread in your name to let everybody know I disagree with you again.

I'm glad you think I'm bizarre and you're normal because I don't want to be your kind of normal. You got many profiles here and two are banned. How you handled your divorce and ex wife is not my kind of normal. You are not capable of moving on in a smooth manner from those who you disagree with or those who got involved with you.

Offline msmob

« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2017, 10:58:40 PM »

You are clueless to the fact you are different.

If 'different' means not feeling the need to have profiles on dating sites when in a monogamous relationship - then I'm 'different' to you ... ;D

People heard you the first time and I don't live my life to your way of doing things so you're not going to change my mind.

Newsflash BillyB:  we are talking about how others might believe your bollox - based on your 'research' - not changing you ;)

Sheech, you honestly believe I started the thread to take a pop at you rather than to stop ruining a trip report with inane comments and offshoots as a consequence? ;)  That's some ego-trip you got going on  there... !

I'm glad you think I'm bizarre and you're normal because I don't want to be your kind of normal. You got many profiles here and two are banned. How you handled your divorce and ex wife is not my kind of normal. You are not capable of moving on in a smooth manner from those who you disagree with or those who got involved with you.

BillyB, I have done some STUPID things - no hiding from it ..

I got pilloried and rightly so.  My ex and I get on just fine, now. 

Is this how you wish to deal with your behaviour and rotten advice - deflect ?

Offline BillyB

« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2017, 06:04:02 PM »
BillyB, I have done some STUPID things - no hiding from it ..

I got pilloried and rightly so.  My ex and I get on just fine, now. 

Is this how you wish to deal with your behaviour and rotten advice - deflect ?

I'm comfortable with my behavior and advice. No deflection since we already debated it but you  debate things from the past. Other people aren't as bothered as you are. Yes, you did some stupid things. I didn't get into the details to make you look stupid in front of those who don't know, did I? You're welcome. I just wanted to give you a friendly reminder about yourself before you go calling others "bizarre".

Offline msmob

« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2017, 08:51:11 PM »

I'm comfortable with my behavior and advice. No deflection since we already debated it but you  debate things from the past. Other people aren't as bothered as you are. Yes, you did some stupid things. I didn't get into the details to make you look stupid in front of those who don't know, did I? You're welcome. I just wanted to give you a friendly reminder about yourself before you go calling others "bizarre".

OK as you re-raised the matter - do try to remember that the circumstances were not  'an angry spurned lover' .. I was being accused of fraud by my own - departed wife - on a dating site - whilst she had actually perpetrated a lasting fraud on me  ..  I had asked her to remove the slur, she chose not to and I reacted like a prick...Of course, in the fullness of time - she saw I hadn't perpetrated a fraud and we are now officially ending our marriage like adults.

The difference is BillyB - when you are acting the ijiot, now - you can't/won't see it ...

Your 'advice' on dating based on your flawed 'research' sucks.. as does any data obtained utter bollox pretexts.

Why can't you just admit that you like the thrill of the chase and were bored ?

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541002
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1878
Total: 1889

+-Recent Posts

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM