It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Doing it in another way  (Read 1788 times)

Offline diverboy70

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Doing it in another way
« on: June 29, 2011, 10:07:14 AM »

Not really a T/R but some thoughts about meeting women from diferent countries. Just my thoughts, take it for what its worth.

After dating about 5-6 FSU women in different ways and circumstances, mixed with some local dating in between, I think I have found my own way of doing this.

My last date was in Germany, visiting an Uzbek woman living and studying there. For different reason I decided to lay that to rest after the meeting. A really great and wonderfull woman. But a little bit too young for me and in a different stage of her life than what I am.

Before that I dated a St.Petersburg woman. The first meeting was here at my place, next meeting in St. Petersburg and then also some meetings in Helsinki, halfway for both. Again for different reason I didn’t see any future in that relationship.

Now I have a date lined up with a girl from Bucharest, Romania. We will meet in Helsinki, she is going there with a male friend driving cargo from Romania through Germany to Helsinki. We will meet for a weekend and if everything works out well we are planning for her coming here for a week later in the summer.

I have always tried to treat this as close to normal local dating as possible. And there is really a huge amount of FSUW on normal international dating sites, also treating this in a completely different way than most normal agency girls of the old school. Willing to meet half way, paying for their own travel. Going in with an open mind to meet western guys, but not explicitly looking for a boyfriend or a future husband.

This kind of dating fits me perfectly, since I feel it is more of a fair play, where I do not build up too high expectation of a WOVO trip or actually more of WMVO. At the same time I feel that the women feel more relaxed when they are doing it on their own terms and dont feel pressure from men travelling a long way to meet them,

Living in Scandinavia I personally think this is a good way of doing the “FSUW-thing” since it is easy to meet women around Europe. The women easily get a Shengen visa and also find cheap tickets from the FSU. And as we all know, FSUW just love to travel!  :D

Countries, like Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Romania and Poland are already members of the European Union and makes the travel even easier.

Of course this means you have to have some normal dating skills, since the playground is a little bit more fair, than in normal agency dating. But that has never been the issue for me, it is more that I have had difficult finding a woman that I want to build a future with.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541404
Total Topics: 20862
Most Online Today: 3583
Most Online Ever: 12701