It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Coronavirus Crises in Ukraine  (Read 8214 times)

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Coronavirus Crises in Ukraine
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2020, 03:06:58 PM »

The Candy Man has diabetes and now battling pneumonia. Not a good while being positive for COVID.

http://www.rferl.org/a/former-ukrainian-president-poroshenko-hospitalized-with-covid-19-related-pneumonia/30873363.html
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2020, 06:43:59 AM »

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2020, 01:45:17 PM »
The Candy Man has diabetes and now battling pneumonia. Not a good while being positive for COVID.

http://www.rferl.org/a/former-ukrainian-president-poroshenko-hospitalized-with-covid-19-related-pneumonia/30873363.html

That's not looking good for him then, old age, underlying health condition, Covid and pneumonia - for many that would mean they are gonners. Only possible thing he might have in his favour is better access to medicine & Doctors than you're average Ukrainian though that could prove to be not enough.

I've had my flu jab for this season a couple of weeks or so ago. I also got a pneumonia jab back in the summer but will have to wait till next summer to get the more comprehensive one. I wouldn't want to be in Ukraine without much in the way of jabs at the moment, hopefully the situation will ease next year as I'm hoping to be able to get back there then.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline BdHvA

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2020, 07:09:53 PM »
As I read news he is on the mend.
Experierence is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you. A. Huxley

Offline BillyB

« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2020, 07:17:19 PM »
As I read news he is on the mend.

That's good news considering he's been sick for 3 weeks. He may have permanent organ damage. The longer and harder the battle, the harder it's on the organs. My wife's uncle fought it for a month and almost died. Medical tests revealed his heart was damaged.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline msmob

« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2020, 07:01:03 AM »

That's good news considering he's been sick for 3 weeks. He may have permanent organ damage. The longer and harder the battle, the harder it's on the organs. My wife's uncle fought it for a month and almost died. Medical tests revealed his heart was damaged.

BillyB,

Poro' has been on the road, appearing in public for at least 7 days ..  He looks thinner, but he's out and about ..

Please check :

http://twitter.com/poroshenko?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2020, 01:05:27 PM »
Looks like Ukraine may be about to crack under the Coronavirus:

http://www.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN27J0L2
« Last Edit: November 04, 2020, 01:07:07 PM by Trenchcoat »
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline BdHvA

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2020, 06:19:06 PM »
Looks like Ukraine may be about to crack under the Coronavirus:

http://www.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN27J0L2

The CORONA reality is bad in Ukraine but far worse in other nations.

Daily COVID-19 spike in Ukraine hits new high with over 9,500 cases on Nov 4

Ukraine said 9,524 new active COVID-19 cases had been confirmed across the country in the past 24 hours as of November 4, 2020, marking yet another highest daily rise.

Read alsoDaily number of new COVID-19 cases in Ukraine may grow to 15,000 by Jan – expertThe total number of confirmed cases grew to 420,617 as of November 4, 2020, according to the interactive map compiled by the National Security and Defense Council.

As many as 176,404 patients, including 7,536 in the past day, have recovered.

The death toll has hit 7,731 with 199 fatalities recorded in the past day.

The government reported 236,482 active cases as of November 4. In total, there have been 496,419 reports on suspected COVID-19 since the beginning of 2020.

The highest number of new confirmed cases in the past 24 hours was registered in the city of Kyiv (856), Kharkiv region (850), Donetsk region (636), Odesa region (547), and Khmelnytsky region (511).

Quarantine in Ukraine: Background

The adaptive quarantine was introduced on August 1. The Ukrainian regions were split into the green, yellow, orange, and red zones depending on hospital load, the average number of PCR and ELISA tests, the ascertainment rate of COVID-19, and daily spread dynamics.
Quarantine-related curbs differ in each zone. The mildest ones are in the green zone, the regions included in the red zone will have to introduce the toughest restrictions.

On October 13, the Cabinet of Ministers extended the adaptive quarantine by late 2020.
Health Minister Maksym Stepanov says the ministry has no plans to introduce a new lockdown in Ukraine yet.
Ukraine's updated epidemic zoning took effect on Monday, November 2.

Read more on UNIAN: http://www.unian.info/society/covid-19-in-ukraine-daily-spike-hits-new-high-with-over-9-000-cases-on-nov-4-11205971.html
« Last Edit: November 04, 2020, 07:36:21 PM by AnonMod »
Experierence is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you. A. Huxley

Offline japtats

• Restricted
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2020, 11:17:37 PM »
Wow kharkiv and kiev and nearly levelled, yet kiev has around double the population, and not as dense. I guess maybe more people are immune in kiev.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2020, 07:47:24 AM »
Well Billy has always held from his MIL that the Coronavirus is underreported in Ukraine, both cases and deaths, in part due to dodgy Chinese tests and in part due to deaths being written off as something else. I've heard the tests might have got better off recent that come from China but I wouldn't really know. Apparently according to Billy's MIL the hospitals are heaving out there under the strain of the virus and not a place anyone would want to be. The report link I put above pretty much reckons the hospitals will totally crack under pressure from the virus when it reaches around 20,000 cases (official figures I guess). I personally think they could get to those figures daily around December time if not before, there already at around 10,000 cases at the moment. Add into that the flu season, colds and pneumonia with probably few having had vaccines or medication for that out there and there could be one hell of a storm on their hands.

Apparently the hospitals out there are already low on drugs to fight the virus, especially the more expensive ones. I doubt the doctors and nurses will hold out much longer before either succumbing to the virus themselves or taking flight and on that score I wouldn't blame them.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2020, 12:56:01 PM »
Situation worsening in Ukraine:

http://www.google.com/amp/s/www.rferl.org/amp/coronavirus-related-deaths-in-ukraine-exceed-10-000-/30956336.html

Looks like they will be up to around 15,000 infections a day by next week. So my prediction of potentially around 20,000 infections a day in December will probably ring true.

Odds are the President will recover as heads of state tend to get the best treatment and he is still relatively young and in decent enough shape. Looks like their medical staff are being hit hard though and with increased admittances I can see their health care system cracking under it all. Looks like the economy may be hit bad this time with all the lockdown measures. I believe they had a lockdown earlier in the year briefly for a few weeks though their official figures were not all that high back then so a second one will probably be compounding the damage by now.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2020, 11:23:13 AM »
Recent report that apparently 10 percent of SME's are on the verge of bankruptcy in Ukraine:

http://112.international/politics/coronavirus-crisis-over-10-of-small-and-medium-sized-enterprises-in-ukraine-on-verge-of-bankruptcy-56876.html

My guess is that Ukraine is getting into a pretty poor economic state out there.

The GBP to UAH is now almost at 38 ghrivna to the pound, not far off an all time high and underlines how bad things may be getting out in Ukraine.

Offline japtats

• Restricted
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #37 on: November 29, 2020, 11:43:11 AM »
Times were a lot tougher before for people , it has got a lot better, but they again recently done lock downs . My tattoo studio is still operating , but locks the doors to avoid people knowing they are still operating. I did see one of the tattoo masters asking for extra money as he was running low. Usually they make around 20k to 30k uah a month , average salary of a person is maybe 12k .it is tough but not so bad here in Ukraine.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #38 on: August 07, 2021, 11:05:27 AM »
Looks like virus figures are starting to creep up again in Ukraine. This has apparently been anticipated as the Delta variant makes its way in. Still lagging behind on Vaccinations Ukrainians could be in for a tough ride again soon.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540999
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1971
Total: 1982

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM