It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Severodonetsk??  (Read 24038 times)

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: You will get all sorts of advice
« Reply #100 on: March 30, 2019, 09:33:39 AM »
Bill, Please understand I just want the same thing!

Udachi!!

Bill
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline DCcowboy

• Trips: None (yet)
Re: Severodonetsk??
« Reply #101 on: March 30, 2019, 09:36:55 AM »
Yes per month, I guess I assumed that would a given.

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #102 on: March 30, 2019, 09:42:03 AM »

My SIL won't video with my husband because of the cost.  They tried a few free sites, didn't work, and she is in Kyiv.

Boe, as you say connections vary greatly.

However, do both parties have Internet connections and mobile phones?

Spouse regularly video talks with several people in Kyiv on both Skype and Viber.
And she does the same with her parents in very small town in western Ukraine.

Not sure how Viber works even as I set it up for wife some months back.  Seems must have both Internet connection and a mobile phone.  Or maybe don't need Internet, but it can be put there also for an alternative route.

I suspect the experts here can clarify what I did, even as I don't remember.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #103 on: March 30, 2019, 09:46:47 AM »
Yes, they both have connections and phones.  From her end, Viber video isn't free, but texting is.

The spotty connection DC referred to is common in lots of areas of Ukraine.  I experience that with relatives in Western Ukraine.  I can still chat, but it isn't clear.

ETA - My better half is beside me watching football (UK Premier league).  He says that Severodonetsk has 2Gs, so the connection from there would not be good.

This post was composed without the aid of google.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2019, 09:54:54 AM by Boethius »
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline LAman

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #104 on: March 30, 2019, 10:19:31 AM »
Boe, as you say connections vary greatly.

However, do both parties have Internet connections and mobile phones?

Spouse regularly video talks with several people in Kyiv on both Skype and Viber.
And she does the same with her parents in very small town in western Ukraine.

Not sure how Viber works even as I set it up for wife some months back.  Seems must have both Internet connection and a mobile phone.  Or maybe don't need Internet, but it can be put there also for an alternative route.

I suspect the experts here can clarify what I did, even as I don't remember.

Viber has desktop version so you use your computer but your account must be set up through a phone number. I don't think you can set up purely through a computer. Uses internet/wifi

I rarely ever use phone number to call to anyone anymore
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Offline LAman

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #105 on: March 30, 2019, 10:26:07 AM »

ETA - My better half is beside me watching football (UK Premier league).  He says that Severodonetsk has 2Gs, so the connection from there would not be good.

Bo, I was in Kramatorsk last summer for a couple days ( and Isyum) and my connection is okay with WhatsApp using my Ukrainian number. I think there are many areas in Ukraine using only 2G.
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #106 on: March 30, 2019, 04:55:35 PM »
There are, and I can notice the difference in video chats.

DC, did she commit to use the money to communicate with you face to face?

« Last Edit: March 30, 2019, 05:00:33 PM by Boethius »
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline DCcowboy

« Reply #107 on: March 30, 2019, 05:51:48 PM »
There are, and I can notice the difference in video chats.

DC, did she commit to use the money to communicate with you face to face?

yes, that is why she only wanted me to send enough for communication.

Offline msmob

« Reply #108 on: March 30, 2019, 11:11:57 PM »
Viber has desktop version so you use your computer but your account must be set up through a phone number. I don't think you can set up purely through a computer. Uses internet/wifi

One can setup a Viber (and WhatsApp ) account using a burner sim and and no id in some countries so do not take a account as being verification of someones true id...

I rarely ever use phone number to call to anyone anymore

Then how do YOU contact someone when they have no internet?  Lots of rural places in the FSU have voice coverage but not even 2G

Example..try contacting someone on a train journey.

I have a voIPI service with a Moscow number to allow SC to be contactable in such cases and she call use a RU free phone tel #  to call the RU bank from abroad...if she has internet coverage.

In the UK..I use the normal mobile phone network in perference as I get fed up with the 'reconnecting' pauses.

Often the viver/whatsapp issue is poor internet in the UK)

Offline JayH

« Reply #109 on: March 31, 2019, 02:07:17 AM »

Then how do YOU contact someone when they have no internet?  Lots of rural places in the FSU have voice coverage but not even 2G

In the UK..I use the normal mobile phone network in perference as I get fed up with the 'reconnecting' pauses.

Well--   again an issue you don't get-- you mocked me previously on this very issue    --     I have paid subscription on SKYPE   and also a credit account on VIBER  --  that allow calls to the "normal" phone system. Problem solved  !

In Australia  -- I pay a flat $10 ( USD $7) per month for all calls and sms -- AND internet access.
In Ukraine --  same basic system  and about  the same cost .
In other countries --I get local sim that does much the same -- the aim is to always have internet access  .
Additionally -- I try and use free wi-fi as much as feasible  .

I use whatever is convenient and best at any given time  !

The quality of of the various systems does vary considerably--  even with supposedly quality internet - there are many factors.

SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline msmob

« Reply #110 on: March 31, 2019, 02:54:12 AM »
Well--   again an issue you don't get-- you mocked me previously on this very issue    --     I have paid subscription on SKYPE   and also a credit account on VIBER  --  that allow calls to the "normal" phone system. Problem solved

Duh...they require the internet your end, I can choose what telephone number to use..e.g Moscow, Kyiv, London, etc, and if you are MAD enough to pay their rates...more fool you..... 

Once again, JayH chooses to butt heads with someone who does comms stuff for a living...and proves his 'expertise'

In Australia  -- I pay a flat $10 ( USD $7) per month for all calls and sms -- AND internet access.
In Ukraine --  same basic system  and about  the same cost .
In other countries --I get local sim that does much the same -- the aim is to always have internet access  .
Additionally -- I try and use free wi-fi as much as feasible  .

Your last comment proves..once again..uour 'usefulness' to advise on comms.....Only an IDIOT uses free wifi ...

Using such a system opens up your mobile phone to allow hackers to get your vital and private data...((

I pay 10 GBP a month for a sim that gives me unlimited WhatsApp Viber Facebook chats and calls and internet access ..6gigs for browsing and calls in 73 countries...

When abroad, I point it in a MiFi device and it provides isecure nternet access for the laptop and phones..

If you value your privacy....ignore JayH

Offline DCcowboy

« Reply #111 on: December 26, 2019, 06:51:54 AM »
Sorry to bring this thread up from the grave. But I wanted to give a update. In 9 months of communication with this lady I have only sent 300usd I figure that is less than what I spend in a month on gas. I have exchanged videos several times, video chatting is too choppy. We are planning a trip to Kiev this late summer. She is paying her own way. I will pay for the hotel. I have sent her a nice warm jacket. Which she received and sent a video modeling it. I have also paid for her English lessons as well. I think that is about it for updates. Full free to ask questions.

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
« Reply #112 on: December 26, 2019, 07:36:56 AM »
Sorry to bring this thread up from the grave. But I wanted to give a update. In 9 months of communication with this lady I have only sent 300usd I figure that is less than what I spend in a month on gas. I have exchanged videos several times, video chatting is too choppy. We are planning a trip to Kiev this late summer. She is paying her own way. I will pay for the hotel. I have sent her a nice warm jacket. Which she received and sent a video modeling it. I have also paid for her English lessons as well. I think that is about it for updates. Full free to ask questions.
Thank you to come her for the update.
First of all book a flat THREE KOMNATA. NOT an hotel. Else if she could hole up in her room and you will never know if the relationship could come closer. 
Use Dobovo 

I think you have already sent a LOT of money, this not about how cheap it is for you, but HOW EXPANSIVE it is for her. There are no reason for her to stop this game, if she is not genuine.
You have paid for internet and that was smart. English lessons, hummmh, to whom the money had be done? 

Change your plan and go to Kharkov where you can set up backups and find ladies if things don't work rather than Kiev. 

You should have already met this woman. Nine months is already too much, and planning a meeting in 8 additional months (9 + 8 months ) looks for me, excuse me; weird. As a woman I would have already activated other options. 

Ok you need to live your life and do your trip. But if things don't work you have to reset all to zero and take a map before to write to any lovely ass in the FSU. That's a basic.

"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Offline DCcowboy

« Reply #113 on: December 26, 2019, 08:25:18 AM »
Thank you to come her for the update.
First of all book a flat THREE KOMNATA. NOT an hotel. Else if she could hole up in her room and you will never know if the relationship could come closer. 
Use Dobovo

Thank you for advice, unfortunately I have to stay in northern Ukraine. but will check into a flat.

I think you have already sent a LOT of money, this not about how cheap it is for you, but HOW EXPANSIVE it is for her. There are no reason for her to stop this game, if she is not genuine.
You have paid for internet and that was smart. English lessons, hummmh, to whom the money had be done?

How much would've you spent in dating a western women in the same time frame? 300usd only equates to 34usd a month. I sent her some money and She paid for English lessons.

You should have already met this woman. Nine months is already too much, and planning a meeting in 8 additional months (9 + 8 months ) looks for me, excuse me; weird.

I don't think weird. I have a friend who had a 8 year courtship with a foreign lady, and has now been married 4 years now, 12 years total.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2019, 08:28:10 AM by DCcowboy »

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
« Reply #114 on: December 26, 2019, 08:55:11 AM »

Thank you for advice, unfortunately I have to stay in northern Ukraine. but will check into a flat.

How much would've you spent in dating a western women in the same time frame? 300usd only equates to 34usd a month. I sent her some money and She paid for English lessons.

I don't think weird. I have a friend who had a 8 year courtship with a foreign lady, and has now been married 4 years now, 12 years total.
This not how much about YOU sent, it's about how much SHE receives, that's very different. 

Dating for a long time is good and the way of success, but if you can, make frequent travels to her.
"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Offline DCcowboy

« Reply #115 on: December 26, 2019, 09:07:27 AM »
This not how much about YOU sent, it's about how much SHE receives, that's very different.
Not sure what you mean? I sent it through money gram, directly to her. Are you talking about the value of the Money? 1 gallon Milk 75.71UAH = 3.26USD..... is that what you are talking about? OR is it that for 3.26USD it is worth a greater value? Or that she is only getting a percentage of what i send her? I cant imagine money gram taking a cut. Just trying to understand.
Dating for a long time is good and the way of success, but if you can, make frequent travels to her.
Definitely plan on that! Work got in the way this year, constantly being sent some where. But the coming year looks to be calmer.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2019, 09:10:56 AM by DCcowboy »

Offline ML

« Reply #116 on: December 26, 2019, 12:53:33 PM »
Pat is right here.

He is trying to explain to you that the important thing is not the value of the money from your viewpoint, but rather from her viewpoint.

i.e. what might be a day's wages for you, might be a month's wages for her.

So while you don't think you have spent a lot on  her . . . she might be thinking that you are either (1) a generous reliable man or (2) an easy mark . . . all dependent on her sincerity.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline DCcowboy

« Reply #117 on: December 26, 2019, 01:58:18 PM »
Pat is right here.

He is trying to explain to you that the important thing is not the value of the money from your viewpoint, but rather from her viewpoint.

i.e. what might be a day's wages for you, might be a month's wages for her.

So while you don't think you have spent a lot on  her . . . she might be thinking that you are either (1) a generous reliable man or (2) an easy mark . . . all dependent on her sincerity.
Ahh.. Makes cents.. She seems sincere with all considered, so lets hope it is (1), We will find out this summer.

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
« Reply #118 on: December 26, 2019, 02:47:15 PM »
Thank you ML to have provided the right explanation.
DCowboy, we try to put things in perspective sp you get the better possible protection.
But this can only happen if the guy who wants to try the FSU journey has some awarness, conscioussness. 
That's our job to setup this treshold. Some reach it and some don't, for various reasons.

So let me explain it to you,
Let imagine that you permanently  live in Alaska , very few girls, and you cannot almost move from there and you earn 5000$ per month, (45000$ in 9 months) and now a girl is giving you in cash and in gifts 30000$ last 9 months.
You could understand that this amount of money is maybe twisting for a while your willingness to continue or not continue this relationship? 

So now what happens when a lady is (if she has such job, in the war zone, not even sure) a job between 100$ and 200$ (more likely the wages that many women are getting there) and you bring to her let say a total net value of 1000$, compare to the let say 1000$ in 9 months she is paid as a teacher, do you understand that she is doubling her income, does it makes sense to you? And do you imagine what can people may tell her around in those difficult times in the war zone.   
Do you know that in those area many guys have enrolled the local milice, mainly because it was well paid (If I remember 300$) 

There has no attack from me, we hope this woman is totally genuine, many are...
But we want you to get the PERSPECTIVE. 
Sending money is not an INNOCENT game, it has some twisting way and so our job is to warn you about the pyramidal consequences that you are not about to get from the scratch. 
Because you start to give some money while there is NO relationship at this stage (correct me if I am wrong, maybe I am)

I never show photos of my house, my car, never write a sum about my money and assets in a relationship (a real with sex, several travels), I have only opened this to my ex wife for real.
You DON'T know in the beginning with whom you are dealing, local criminals can keep you in a basement for months while getting your cash every week with your credit card and the code you have gently given to them (if you want to not be beaten and eat in your basement). You really think that I am fool, it has already happened in such countries.
Be prudent.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #119 on: December 26, 2019, 07:06:15 PM »
In 9 months of communication with this lady I have only sent 300usd I figure that is less than what I spend in a month on gas. I have exchanged videos several times, video chatting is too choppy. We are planning a trip to Kiev this late summer.

By the time you meet her, you'd have spent a year and a half of your life on her. Hope it works out. I would've made a decision earlier to visit or abort. My time is worth more than money.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline DCcowboy

« Reply #120 on: December 26, 2019, 07:41:14 PM »
By the time you meet her, you'd have spent a year and a half of your life on her. Hope it works out. I would've made a decision earlier to visit or abort. My time is worth more than money.
That is part of the award..... Right?

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Severodonetsk?? Risk/Reward
« Reply #121 on: December 27, 2019, 09:08:23 AM »

Risk/Reward

The risk is that you arrive and there is no chemistry. It's happened to me.
I met a very sincere, very honest, very interested woman from Georgia.
We spent a very long time getting to know each other on the internet
and I arrive and poof, there isn't mutual chemistry.

The reward would have been great, we had built up all this interest and hope
and we really wanted everything to mesh and be beautiful, but it wasn't and
all that time, effort, energy and emotion was down the drain.

Since I was in Georgia getting another date with somebody else was really
difficult. It happened to me again and again.

I really hope that everything works out for you and wish you nothing but the
very best, but keep in mind that sometimes it doesn't. It happened to me in
St Petersburg, in Georgia and in Voronezh.

I was living in oil fields of North Dakota. I met a beautiful tall woman from
Voronezh and we both were sincere and hopeful and wanted it to work but
it didn't. We broke things off and I asked other women to have coffee or tea
with me. I was feeling sorry for myself but I thought that I would keep trying
so I met several different women that I was definitely not interested in and then
I met my Angel Eyes.

There are some mistakes that you've gotta make on your own to learn from
and there are other times that you can learn from the mistakes of others.
Mistakes that you make on your own are the costliest. They have the biggest
emotional impact. So many men go out make a bunch of mistakes and quit.
They don't pass go and they don't collect $200 dollars.

It's up to you on how much advice to accept and how much to ignore.

You can read the nine year journey, trials and tribulations of finding
the joy of my life and happiness by following the link below. 
http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?topic=3432.1250

Udachi!

Bill
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline BillyB

« Reply #122 on: December 27, 2019, 09:20:29 AM »

If you find an outstanding woman, don't punish yourself by waiting a year and a half to see her. Most quality women that are in demand have choices and won't wait a year an a half for a man to make a decision. I read guys on this forum waiting a long time to see their girls who later disappear. One can only assume they got tired of waiting or another man showed up first.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline DCcowboy

Re: Severodonetsk?? Risk/Reward
« Reply #123 on: December 30, 2019, 06:50:13 AM »
http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?topic=3432.1250

Udachi!

Bill
thanks Bill that is a great read! Very informative. It has given me alot to think about. Maybe I will try to get to Dnipro in March.

Offline DCcowboy

Re: Severodonetsk?? Risk/Reward
« Reply #124 on: December 31, 2019, 06:57:29 AM »
Any restrictions traveling from Severodonetsk to Dnipro?

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541295
Total Topics: 20859
Most Online Today: 3011
Most Online Ever: 12701