It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Whatever happened to?  (Read 25345 times)

Offline jb

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Whatever happened to?
« Reply #75 on: June 09, 2006, 02:07:10 PM »
Agreed, Muckraker did make it sound simple.  Having been, years ago, to Vladivostok myself, I know that courting a girl from there is about the same as courting a girl who lives on the far side of the moon.  Unless transportation routes have changed dramatically, a man would earn X 10 every kiss he got from that experience.  I'll bet Muck gets a chuckle everytime he reads about someone who has written off Russia because there's a little hassle of getting a visa; "why bother with the RU, I'll just jet directly to Kiev".

I always feel like saying; "Because, you ninny, there are some very special women living there".

Offline BC

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #76 on: June 09, 2006, 02:27:35 PM »
I'll bet Muck gets a chuckle everytime he reads about someone who has written off Russia because there's a little hassle of getting a visa; "why bother with the RU, I'll just jet directly to Kiev".

I always feel like saying; "Because, you ninny, there are some very special women living there".

jb,

Knowing what I know today, *if* I were actively seeking a partner there would really be no question.  SVO would be the first POD.

Offline Maxx2

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #77 on: June 09, 2006, 03:15:32 PM »
BC, I recall every painful detail. I can also recall the insults and jabs at me over at the other board. Some people formed an opinion about me without knowing all the circumstances or the details in my life. Maybe I indicated "I got some" and your right, I doubt I would have been that obtuse in my wording about myself. I remember ALLOT of people hinting around about the same thing with themselves and their wives. As example MarkInTx and what happened 15 minutes after his arrival. Do you think Jet posting photos of his wife in a swimsuit with the bottom of her breasts showing isn't him saying "Lookee boys what I get!" Frankly this stuff doesn't bother me a bit. I am happy for you guys! (Captmonk too) Good for you! But for an immigration attorney bring it up and splatter me with this muck I got to wonder if it has more to do with how I have positioned myself on these boards and less on his Puritan inclinations (which I doubt he has). For the record I like most attorneys I have met. I always recommend to the guys to find a good (effective) one at the first sign of trouble. Yes, they are interesting fellows just like the Russian mafia guys.

Maxx  

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #78 on: June 09, 2006, 03:22:03 PM »
I am helping an Airforce guy whose wife is from Vladivostik.

Russian Embassy to the husband: "Oh, and don't worry the American government would never discover your wife's criminal record"  :o to himself

The detective's report should be in any day now.

Maxx   

Offline Muckraker

« Reply #79 on: June 09, 2006, 04:18:40 PM »
I'll post my trip report on this board, it might be somewhat helpful to people thinking of going to Vladivostok.   Nice to hear it is remembered!

Maxx, I imagine you sitting at your computer wearing a spandex super hero costume that you designed yourself with a big letter M on the front.  I actually applaud all of your efforts, and whatever position you have acheived on these boards.  Also nice to hear you characterize your struggle as one small spot on your record.  That is exactly what it is.  (But maybe give yourself another half credit for the first RW psycho you hooked up with before Elvira)  But you were messed up back then, and that's OK.  It's over. 

Lots of nice women in Vladivostok.  You should go, spend a month chasing the girls on the beaches.  Guarantee you'll meet someone that will make you forget all of this nonsense!

Muck

Offline Jet

• Married 11/03 Divorced 9/09 Married 6/12
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #80 on: June 09, 2006, 04:40:56 PM »
Do you think Jet posting photos of his wife in a swimsuit with the bottom of her breasts showing isn't him saying "Lookee boys what I get!" Frankly this stuff doesn't bother me a bit. I am happy for you guys!   
photos? ??? As I recall it was 1 photo posted in response to SmoothOperator's rant about how women over Twenty Eight are "all washed up" and fail to have enough "sexiness" to overcome the raveges of gravity and diet  ::)

for those of you that missed the "Lookie what I get" brest shot....here's the offending material  :o

Maxx, why you gotta drag me into this?
Every action in company ought to be done with some sign of respect to those that are present. ~ Geo. Washington

Offline Maxx2

Re: Whatever happened to.... Maxx?
« Reply #81 on: June 09, 2006, 05:14:46 PM »
Jet, I think it is being rather symetrical in that I am about to leave the board and it was you who dragged me into these boards. It was April 03 and the topic was divorce statistics about RW/AM marriages. You said "I just got a call from a guy last night married to a RW. It looks like his marriage isn't going to make it. IMO it is due to unrealistic expectations on both sides". I responded that she wanted me to set her to live in "California, Florida or Las Vegas. I think Las Vegas because I can get a job in a Cass-in-no". ( I heard this as I was driving her back from the pickup at the airport)  I have a business here in Minnesota and I have driven to Florida non stop. It took me almost 26 hours to reach the border. The commute seemed unrealistic to me. So IMO you were at least half right. The combined marital skills of you, JB, KenC and the legal machinations of Muckraker couldn't have kept that marriage together.

So long

Maxx

Offline Jet

• Married 11/03 Divorced 9/09 Married 6/12
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #82 on: June 09, 2006, 05:34:01 PM »
Maxx,
I recall the days before RWG on the old G-7 board and the late night conversations as we awaited our gov't getting off its @ss so we could follow what we thought to be our destinies. It was an interesting time in our lives that neither of us is likely to forget. I gotta tell ya though, if you had confided 10% of what you disclosed after the fact, I'd have told you to run for the hills and never look back. My guess, and it is only a guess, is that the reason you didn't is because you had the feeling I'd tell you to run (even considering how nieve I was back then). I am absolutely positive that Elvira is no saint, but putting on blinders when an unrelenting series of red flags stare you in the face, is an unrealistic expectation at best. You're a good man, and you deserve to be happy.

I sincerely hope that the years in front of you bring you more joy than those behind you.
Jim
« Last Edit: June 09, 2006, 05:35:58 PM by Jet »
Every action in company ought to be done with some sign of respect to those that are present. ~ Geo. Washington

Offline PeeWee

« Reply #83 on: June 11, 2006, 10:18:09 AM »
BC, I recall every painful detail. I can also recall the insults and jabs at me over at the other board. Some people formed an opinion about me without knowing all the circumstances or the details in my life. Maybe I indicated "I got some" and your right, I doubt I would have been that obtuse in my wording about myself. I remember ALLOT of people hinting around about the same thing with themselves and their wives. As example MarkInTx and what happened 15 minutes after his arrival. Do you think Jet posting photos of his wife in a swimsuit with the bottom of her breasts showing isn't him saying "Lookee boys what I get!" Frankly this stuff doesn't bother me a bit. I am happy for you guys! (Captmonk too) Good for you! But for an immigration attorney bring it up and splatter me with this muck I got to wonder if it has more to do with how I have positioned myself on these boards and less on his Puritan inclinations (which I doubt he has). For the record I like most attorneys I have met. I always recommend to the guys to find a good (effective) one at the first sign of trouble. Yes, they are interesting fellows just like the Russian mafia guys.

Maxx  

I like you, Mad Maxx.

I had read that the Red Mafia was though to be the most ruthless crime group in the world.

Peewee

Offline Jumper

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #84 on: June 11, 2006, 12:07:15 PM »
Maxx's story,  and willingness to be so open about it, has probably helped more men looking into this to be realistic, have open eyes , and hopefully avoid many of the pitfalls,
than just about any other post.

If his tale ,with all is twists and turns of the agency and families involvement in screwing the  guy over,
 dint open a mans eyes reading it.
Certainly nothing anyone else could post would do so.

His "divorcing my RW" thread 
 was the ultimate clue bat.

I admire his abilty ,even at a terrible low point in his life, to retain his since of humor and dignity, even when he was also taking tons of flak..
It always made me sure maxx would have no trouble meeting a decent woman over there, and yes he just needed a little luck.
fate certainly plays a role,
as his story could have easily been a wonderful romantic tale, if he had met a decent person. And there are many there!
 Maxx is a good guy just looking for a decnt person and giving people the benefit of the doubt..
he happened to meet a shark..a shark with very unrealistic expectations, truly nothing could have saved that marriage..
heck she had been thru how many marraiges before?

Sorry to rehash this Maxx, and i hope you stick around.
You've helped who knows how many newbies, and always posted some humours stuff as well.

As always I wish you the very best,and hope you continue to look to the east.I know plenty of RW that would be very very happy to have a man like Maxx in thier lives.

Offline CaptB

« Reply #85 on: November 20, 2023, 10:09:47 PM »
Just for some entertainment. This was my very first post on the RWD.

Capt B
"A Yooper in Moscovia"

Offline CaptB

« Reply #86 on: November 20, 2023, 10:19:00 PM »
Whoops ! My post did not go to the intended spot. Go to page #2 on this thread. It is the 5th post from the bottom.

Capt B
"A Yooper in Moscovia"

Offline ML

« Reply #87 on: November 21, 2023, 09:53:57 AM »
KenC doesn't come  around since he married a Chinese gal.
Gator doesn't come around since he started changing diapers again (not his own).
Maxx doesn't come around since starting his restaurant in Georgia.
BillyB doesn't come around since . . . . ?
BC, I/O, Turboguy, Pat, Calmissile, HiTech, Jumper, Shadow, AKMike, tfcrew, Hammer, Steamer, Vaughn and others are here rarely.

Mendeleyev disappeared completely . . . hope he is not in some Russian jail.

Sandro even decided to pass-on rather than come here.

I am here more than I should be since my wife is so busy with her university professor job, all my consulting work dwindled away (at my desire), and my housing development only has one parcel left to sell.  20 new houses there in last few years and two probably starting next year.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #88 on: November 23, 2023, 12:32:50 PM »
KenC doesn't come  around since he married a Chinese gal.
Gator doesn't come around since he started changing diapers again (not his own).
Maxx doesn't come around since starting his restaurant in Georgia.
BillyB doesn't come around since . . . . ?
BC, I/O, Turboguy, Pat, Calmissile, HiTech, Jumper, Shadow, AKMike, tfcrew, Hammer, Steamer, Vaughn and others are here rarely.

Mendeleyev disappeared completely . . . hope he is not in some Russian jail.

Sandro even decided to pass-on rather than come here.

I am here more than I should be since my wife is so busy with her university professor job, all my consulting work dwindled away (at my desire), and my housing development only has one parcel left to sell.  20 new houses there in last few years and two probably starting next year.

I hope no one left on my account. I would of course leave if wished to do so.

I think Boe said that BillyB chose not to post here a while back when the Russian Invasion of Ukraine kicked off due to his pro-Russian tendancies with regard to his support for MAGA and this sites pro-Ukrainian tendencies. Despite him having a Ukrainian girlfriend. I know he used to post over on the other site but I don't get the impression he has posted their for a while either. I only look in occasionally on that site and don't really post as I only have so much time on my hands and am comfortable enough here. My thoughts on BillyB is that he is a very logical intelligent guy and has helped me a lot along with other posters such as Krimster here. However, I wondered if more recent if he was in the best situation with regard to his girl. She was a lot younger than he is, getting her career in nursing or whatever together. Billy meanwhile is a guy, I'm guessing well into his fifties now maybe cracking onto the big 60s. Last I heard (probably over 2 years ago) he still hadn't had any children with her. Correct me if I'm wrong though as I'm in no way up with his life. Well, a young girl will at some point want children most likely. There could possibly well come a poi t where she might see a younger guy in the US as having more go on that front than a very much older guy. On that I could be wrong as well but if it were me I wouldn't want it to be hanging out there too long.

I think it's a great shame that this site is not busy like it used too be, it used to be buzzing not long ago and fun to hear everyone's differing input and topics.

Pat kind of disappeared since posting I guess a year back, I don't know why, again I hope it wasn't my presence. He seemed pretty keen to make another play for a girl out FSU direction.

KenC, mostly before my time, I first originally cam on here briefly around 2008. At that time there was some old guy looking for girls at some agency out in Siberia. Seemed to have a good hand in things, possibly it was him.

I think its pretty impressed with your housing development ML, it's good to provide houses for others and of course make a few bob from doing so :)
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline ML

Ukraine vs Israel
« Reply #89 on: November 23, 2023, 04:09:20 PM »
I don't think MAGA folks (in general) are pro-Russian.
[I don't think BillyB's MAGA ideas (if even true) would outweigh his marriage to a Ukrainian gal.]

They seem to want to cut back on funding for Ukraine; but this is a fiscal goal, not support for Russia.

An extremely small number of people in USA would be considered pro-Russian.
Mostly just those married to Russians, but not even all in that category.

I don't quite understand Republicans willing to give more support to Israel compared to Ukraine.

A google search turned up:

Richard F Bensel, a government studies professor at Cornell University said Ukraine has neither the emotional appeal of a religious ally nor the geopolitical importance of Israel, and the differences between the two issues reflect deeper divisions within the Republican Party between secular rationalism and sectarian emotionalism.

I ask: WTF do 'secular rationalism and sectarian emotionalism' mean?

Stephen Zunes, a professor of politics and international studies at the University of San Francisco said isolationism sentiment was particularly strong after World War I, as the country tried to disentangle itself from continued tensions in Europe.  He says that now isolationism is making a comeback.

Recent years have witnessed a growing segment of the Republican Party moving away from its more overtly imperialistic and interventionist foreign policy to a more isolationist foreign policy, Zunes said.  However, the strong Christian leanings in the Republican Party allow for a more easy embrace of aid requests for Israel.

An exception is made for Israel, in large part due to the strong influence of fundamentalist Christians who believe that the modern state of Israel is the manifestation of Biblical Israel and therefore is in God’s favor, Zunes explained. 

Also an important factor is that newer conflicts will get more attention than ongoing conflicts, Zunes said.  Some experts point to the prevalence of war fatigue among the American public. The war in Ukraine has stretched on for months since its start in February 2022, arriving at a seeming deadlock.  But the Israel-Hamas war is new.

However, aid to Ukraine still has prominent supporters among the Republican Party in both the House and Senate, including Senate minority leader Mitch McConnell.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2023, 04:19:27 PM by ML »
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #90 on: November 23, 2023, 05:58:56 PM »
Thanks for the insight ML, I get it but the way I see it choosing between Israel & Ukraine is Israel already has a good army (& apparently nukes) so do they need much help. Even if they do, they do the borders aren't going to change a lot, unlike Ukraine. My guess is that there would be far wider implications of not supporting Ukraine enough than there would be Israel. Israel will stay much the same I think support given from the US or not. If Russia take Ukraine then we will have a lot bigger beast on our hands. If they fail to take it then they have had their shot and they're done.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Steamer

« Reply #91 on: November 23, 2023, 07:32:49 PM »

I'm still lurking but I don't think that anyone is interested in my opinions. This forum has devolved from helping each other and sharing experiences to 'Lets bitch about bad, bad Russia'. No one is looking for a wife so the purpose of this group is fading away.
Life ain't nothing but a poker game
And no two hands are quite the same
But I never saw a winner that didn't bet

Offline CaptB

« Reply #92 on: February 02, 2024, 02:33:32 AM »
Leslie,

CaptB....here. Just found your post here on RWD. The wife and I have been married over 20 years now. If you are still aroud.....maybe we will chat.

CaptB, Marc
"A Yooper in Moscovia"

Offline ML

« Reply #93 on: February 02, 2024, 08:58:53 AM »
Patagonia and Calmissile do send me emails once in a while.
And Gator (Bucky) (Phil) gave an update here in early January 2024.

Offline Hammer2722

• Spouse's Country: Belarus
« Reply #94 on: February 02, 2024, 11:22:51 AM »
I no longer post here that often but I do come around to read posts sometimes. Olushka is currently in Minsk renovating her apartment since Nov last year. We spent New Years in Poland together.
every ship can be a minesweeper at least once...

Offline ML

« Reply #95 on: February 02, 2024, 01:31:38 PM »
I no longer post here that often but I do come around to read posts sometimes. Olushka is currently in Minsk renovating her apartment since Nov last year. We spent New Years in Poland together.

Send Olushka here to help us with our house renovation.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541437
Total Topics: 20863
Most Online Today: 2422
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 9
Guests: 1953
Total: 1962

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Today at 05:23:57 PM

Re: international travel by krimster2
Today at 04:41:40 PM

international travel by 2tallbill
Today at 04:20:06 PM

Re: Does it ever feel strange to visit a place where you were with a previous girl? by 2tallbill
Today at 04:05:32 PM

Re: international travel by krimster2
Today at 04:05:13 PM

International travel by 2tallbill
Today at 02:39:39 PM

Re: Does it ever feel strange to visit a place where you were with a previous girl? by ML
Today at 02:16:29 PM

Does it ever feel strange to visit a place where you were with a previous girl? by Trenchcoat
Today at 11:21:59 AM

Re: Russian/Ukranian women - views on sex before marriage? by Trenchcoat
Today at 08:13:26 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine by Trenchcoat
Today at 08:03:37 AM