It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: More Bad News for Russia  (Read 1075610 times)

Online krimster2

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: Resident
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4175 on: February 09, 2016, 02:31:06 PM »
and if there had been no Maidan, Ukraine would have gotten 15 billion in Russian loans, Crimea would still be a part of Ukraine, and there would have been no war in Donbass, and Ukraine’s economy would be performing far better than it is now, Russia would not have had sanctions and would have remained being Ukraine’s largest trading partner

meanwhile, what has Ukraine got to show for it all, is there any less corruption than there was before Maidan?  are the people better off?  is the country heading in the right direction, or is it heading for a cliff?

Offline mendeleyev

• RWD Advisor
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4176 on: February 09, 2016, 03:31:59 PM »
Crimea would still be a part of Ukraine

Not so sure about that myself. Almost a year prior to the events on Maidan, the Kremlin had already contracted for and conducted a poll to find out where Crimean residents stood on the issue of independence, remaining with Ukraine, or joining the RF.
The Mendeleyev Journal. http://mendeleyevjournal.com Member: Congress of Russian Journalists; ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.RU (Journalist-Russia); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.UA (Journalist-Ukraine); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.KZ (Journalist-Kazakhstan); ПОРТАЛ ЖУРНАЛИСТОВ (Portal of RU-UA Journalists); Просто Журналисты ("Just Journalists").

Online krimster2

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4177 on: February 09, 2016, 03:47:43 PM »
as someone who celebrated a few “Victory Day” parades in Sevastopol, I can tell you the mood in Crimea was always pro-Russian, however it was the paralysis of Maidan that handed Putin the opportunity he needed to seize it, had there been a functioning Ukrainian government there would have been military resistance to Russian occupation like there was over Donbas, Putin only invaded when he was sure there’d be no Ukrainian resistance, and there was none, not a single shot was fired by the Ukrainian side during the takeover, which I find remarkable...

Offline sleepycat

• Trips: 4 - 10
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4178 on: February 09, 2016, 04:44:53 PM »
FT:
Again, a little knowledge, just a little, would keep you from making silly comments.

Meanwhile FT's education continues...   :popcorn:

Offline fathertime

• Trips: > 10
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4179 on: February 09, 2016, 05:22:21 PM »

Please do not allow your ignorance of the region to colour your misguided thinking as to Russia having enough spare cash to throw out loans
, as if it is no big deal. It is a big deal, and under the threat of all that he has to lose, Putin simply has no choice other than to continue the frustrating bailouts.

At least he will get something valuable, he usually does, with each bailout. Luka doesn't get the money for free.

Despite your prior efforts to bolster your own 'unbiased' credentials, your post clearly demonstrate that you anything but...Contrast that with your silence to obvious off-base anti-Russian comments.   

Money will be exchanged for the benefit of Belarus, of course Russia will also benefit from this.  When we the US 'give' money it is characterized as being altruistic, obviously that is usually not the case. 

You have once again added in ignorant personalized comments, and ascribed thoughts (that weren't mine).  So when I read your commentary regarding Russia on this subject, I often think you are not portraying aspects accurately regarding them.   I guess it galls you that Russia isn't as broke as you would like. 

Fathertime! 
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline AkMike

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4180 on: February 09, 2016, 05:40:35 PM »
It seems that a couple more Russian soldiers,  Captain Sergey Kutsenko and Major Andrey Kornyak, from the Russian Joint Centre for Control and Coordination (JCCC) were headed for some R&R and got lost! They were arrested by the Ukrainian SBU Security Service at a border check point.   :wallbash:

The SBU Border services soldiers inspected their belongings and found 14 manuals on military affairs marked as "distribution limited",the insignia of DPR and LPR, chevrons of different types.

Whoopsie   :cluebat:  Putinmeister isn't going to be happy being shown a liar once again.  :cluebat:

Offline sleepycat

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4181 on: February 09, 2016, 05:48:40 PM »

Despite your prior efforts to bolster....blah....blah....blah....

LAME!

Offline southernX

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4182 on: February 09, 2016, 06:22:15 PM »
as someone who celebrated a few “Victory Day” parades in Sevastopol, I can tell you the mood in Crimea was always pro-Russian,

yes of course , most ukrainians where generally pro russian &especially on victory day , as the great patriotic war was fought as the USSR , under one banner together , why would they not be pro russian ?

did they expect russia to betray that trust and friendship ?? brother to brother ??  of course not ,

it was the paralysis of Maidan that handed Putin the opportunity he needed to seize it 

incorrect , putin clearly had made plans to invade/occupy crimea well in advance of maidan ,
 as he had over many years infiltrated the ukrainian military, gov and all service arms with key russian personnel  operating under his instructions , he had boosted his base in sevastopol to max numbers , he was prepared !!

had there been a functioning Ukrainian government there would have been military resistance to Russian occupation like there was over Donbas, ..

my view is that in the first instance in crimea , the ukrainian gov was caught off guard and without any warning of hostilitys from the russian side they neither knew & could not initially  concisely identify the ''little green men '' or where prepared to defend crimea against them , this initial confusion allowed the little green men the full 48 hours they needed to take control effectivly of all important infastructure & entrap the  ukrainian military bases , including belbek airfield  which was key in the invasion

Putin only invaded when he was sure there’d be no Ukrainian resistance, and there was none, not a single shot was fired by the Ukrainian side during the takeover, which I find remarkable...

putin  planned well in advance to invade crimea, he just needed to wait until the oppurtunity arose , partially of his own making and put it into action ,
what would have been achieved if ukraine had of fired back ??  total death and further killing of the population with the eventual result being defeat anyway , due to the ukraine sides lack of preparedness to fight back against an enemy they had believed to be an ally ?  while russia was totally prepared and on a war footing invading crimea ??with its bases fully loaded and fully prepared to fight ?

the donbass was different as by this time ukraine had confronted the reality that their ''ally '' & ''friend'' in russia was an aggressor who was waging a stealth war with them ? so it must be fight or again they would be invaded and lose more territory

SX 

Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

Offline AkMike

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4183 on: February 09, 2016, 06:50:13 PM »
Moscow's War on Kiosk owners.

Despite having current legal leases, current rental fees, current const. codes Moscow is tearing down up to 8,700 small business kiosks scattered though out the city. There will be no compensation for the investment that the owners have.  Rebuilding could triple the cost of the shops in the name of 'beautuification'.

The city has promised to build new ones, but none have been built yet. Meanwhile the old ones are being torn down in the middle of the night, some still full of merchandise.

Offline AkMike

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4184 on: February 09, 2016, 06:57:35 PM »
Moscow's airports are losing 76 million dollars due to flight bans from Turkey, Ukraine and Egypt. Not to mention the loss from the economic situation, so what do they do?

Build a new one! The new Ramenskoye Airport is set to open in March.  :wallbash:

Online krimster2

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4185 on: February 09, 2016, 07:33:12 PM »
>yes of course , most ukrainians where generally pro russian &especially on victory day , as the
 >great patriotic war was fought as the USSR , under one banner together , why would they not
 >be pro russian ?

big difference in being “pro-Russian" and being “Russian". Sevastopol for example had only 1% of it’s population survive the war, the population was replaced by Stalin in the 1950‘s with Russians from the Ural mountain region, these are the people who re-built the city and they and their descendents make up the vast majority of the population today, when the flags flew on victory day on “Bolshaya Morskaya ostrovskoy”, I saw quite literally hundreds of Russian flags and not a single Ukrainian one, and I really mean not a single damned one!

>did they expect russia to betray that trust and friendship ?? brother to brother ??  of course not ,

well yes they should have, because there were actually precedents, and it was why Ukraine stationed their own troops in Sevastopol.  In the past there were issues over the lease expiring on Russian military bases in Crimea, and I well remember in 1998 both Russian and Ukrainian soldiers marching in armed patrols in downtown Sevastopol over this issue, with each side displaying force until a new lease agreement was made, also in 2004-2006 time frame NATO held joint exercises with Ukraine over exactly the scenario of Russia seizing Crimea, so yeah I think they considered it as a realistic possibility and made some preparation for such a situation

Putin I’m sure had plans for invading Crimea before 2014, I’m sure plans existed even during Yeltsin’s time.  However, I would certainly relate the timing of events in Maidan to the taking of Crimea, after all Yanukovych left Kyiv on February 22, 2014, and On February 27, armed men seized the Crimean parliament and raised the Russian flag. 

Putin is an opportunist, and Maidan created an opportunity for him, if Poroshenko’s government collapses I expect Ukraine will hand him another opportunity

Offline southernX

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4186 on: February 09, 2016, 08:15:57 PM »
krimster ..Putin is an opportunist, and Maidan created an opportunity for him, if Poroshenko’s government collapses I expect Ukraine will hand him another opportunit
putin has shown he has tactical skills and strategys for events that may happen or he may be responsible for happening ,

people with his psychology & training  are always looking how to advantage themselves by their actions

big difference in being “pro-Russian" and being “Russian
yes to some degree true
however since 1954 crimea has been ukrainian, so many have that citizenship , and withotu any ''honest poll on the invasion/occupation/annexation of crimea in 2014, we will never know how the population would have chosen or voted on being pro russian in sentiment or actually becoming russian

crimea is not the same now , realisation may have set in
my guess is that russia would not have gotten  the outright vote that they would have needed , so they manipulated the situation to create the climate to take advantage of maidan and unleash their long held invasion plans onto the unsuspecting crimean populace , which they did succesfully

id believe many of the russain federations border countrys would also suffer the same fate if events line up in a similar way into the future

SX
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 08:20:53 PM by southernX »
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

Offline AkMike

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4187 on: February 09, 2016, 08:44:18 PM »
Russia is refusing to attend in the Minsk peace talks on Donbas on February 10. No reason given.

Offline AkMike

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4188 on: February 09, 2016, 08:56:37 PM »
The International Association of Athletics Federations showed the list of 4,027 Russian athletes banned from international competitions for doping. This list contains a total of 4,027 names, but it's not finalized.
Experts say it is highly possible that Russian teams will be suspended from the Summer Olympic Games held in Brazil.

Offline mendeleyev

• RWD Advisor
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4189 on: February 10, 2016, 01:29:31 AM »
I guess it galls you that Russia isn't as broke as you would like.

Just as any Russian on the street whether Russia is broke. Again, you write from a position of ignorance.

Frankly, as someone whose household operates on Rubles, it would be idiocy to think that I wish for Russia to be poor.

The Mendeleyev Journal. http://mendeleyevjournal.com Member: Congress of Russian Journalists; ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.RU (Journalist-Russia); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.UA (Journalist-Ukraine); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.KZ (Journalist-Kazakhstan); ПОРТАЛ ЖУРНАЛИСТОВ (Portal of RU-UA Journalists); Просто Журналисты ("Just Journalists").

Offline fathertime

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4190 on: February 10, 2016, 07:51:40 AM »

Frankly, as someone whose household operates on Rubles, it would be idiocy to think that I wish for Russia to be poor.

Yeah, well you have an escape hatch that most people in Russia don't have.  Regardless, clearly you are ok with the vast majority of anti Russian comments...but the moment a moderately positive comment comes up, your panties immediately hike up, and get twisted...You will read more into the comment while overlaying it with your own falsely added implications (As if they are mine).... it is interesting to view it happen, and give you opportunity to expose yourself.   :popcorn:

Fathertime! 

Offline mendeleyev

• RWD Advisor
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4191 on: February 10, 2016, 10:40:41 AM »
Actually I don't have the escape hatch that you imagine. True that I can leave, but the prevailing trend for those that get in the crosshairs of the government is to allow the Western spouse to leave, but deny exit for anyone else in the family. If both do manage to leave, which is not that often, assets left behind such as homes, cars, bank accounts, etc, seem to mysterious evaporate.

Oh, and what colour are your panties today, FT?  (I adore blue, just so you know.)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 10:43:43 AM by mendeleyev »

Offline LAman

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4192 on: February 10, 2016, 04:17:38 PM »
Moscow's airports are losing 76 million dollars due to flight bans from Turkey, Ukraine and Egypt. Not to mention the loss from the economic situation, so what do they do?

Build a new one! The new Ramenskoye Airport is set to open in March.  :wallbash:

Flight bans from Turkey??? Apparently the web sites aren't listening to you Mike!!!!
http://www.skyscanner.com/transport/flights/ista/mosc/160217/160224/airfares-from-istanbul-to-moscow-in-february-2016.html?adults=1&children=0&infants=0&cabinclass=economy&rtn=1&preferdirects=false&outboundaltsenabled=false&inboundaltsenabled=false#results

Now gets a little tricky between Russia and Ukraine, you need a middle man city to book a flight between those countries but still doable ( such as Belarus, Moldova, Latvia, Germany, ect.).
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Offline AkMike

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4193 on: February 10, 2016, 04:51:46 PM »
The Moscow Times must not be aware of these. Write them and clue them into your secret.   :clapping:

Offline fathertime

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4194 on: February 10, 2016, 05:21:02 PM »

Oh, and what colour are your panties today, FT?  (I adore blue, just so you know.)
I'm wearing blue plaid boxers today, but I doubt you would enjoy the site of them.

Actually I don't have the escape hatch that you imagine. True that I can leave, but the prevailing trend for those that get in the crosshairs of the government is to allow the Western spouse to leave, but deny exit for anyone else in the family. If both do manage to leave, which is not that often, assets left behind such as homes, cars, bank accounts, etc, seem to mysterious evaporate.
Regardless of what you are saying, you have clearly shown major bias in how you respond to posts.  If you are denying this bias, I don't find that believable.  As I've previously mentioned, posts that are clearly a distortion of facts when anti-Russian are usually looked past, whereas a rather moderate comment that states something moderately positive regarding Russia is blasted, as is the person bringing the subject up.  All this can easily lead a person to question, how YOU present your case, what you might be omitting or discounting altogether. 

Fathertime!

Offline Anotherkiwi

• Trips: 1 - 3
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4195 on: February 10, 2016, 06:39:58 PM »
I'm wearing blue plaid boxers today, but I doubt you would enjoy the site of them.

You are SO right!  I wouldn't particularly enjoy the sight of them, either.  :devil:

Offline sleepycat

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4196 on: February 10, 2016, 06:57:58 PM »

...You will read more into the comment while overlaying it....blah....blah....blah....

More lameness!

Offline msmobyone

• patriotism is the last vestige of fools, but hey
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4197 on: February 10, 2016, 10:34:01 PM »
The Moscow Times must not be aware of these. Write them and clue them into your secret.   :clapping:

akamike

As someone who uses TURKISH AIRLINES to get in and out of Russia.[Istanbul - Sochi ] I know that only the licences for CHARTER flights and Holidays [VACATIONS] were pulled by the Kremlin.

I last used them on DEC 30TH...

I am no fan of some of Putin's policies - but I wish certain posters could be more / careful accurate about what they write about day to day life in Russia - as I  tell Russians- who bring up that our w. media is biased - that - in my opinion - our TV news is often more accurate and objective and less agenda based..That it is a good idea to look at both and evaluate / question what is missing/ different

Those posting misleading info only re-enforce trolls looking to say '' you see - I told you - they lie about our country''....

Please excuse the Curmudgeon in my posts ..he will be cured by being reunited with his loved one ;)

Offline fathertime

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4198 on: February 11, 2016, 05:06:03 PM »
While browsing about the internet, I happened to run across this little article from FOX NEWS discussing the strength of the dollar being helpful to Russian governmental finances.
The dollar is strong, but the US stock market has been dropping like a stone, and that is where a lot of our wealth lies.   

Russia's ruble tumbles amid market turmoil

MOSCOW –  Russia's ruble has dropped nearly 2 percent amid the turmoil affecting global stock markets and oil prices.

The ruble was down by 1.9 percent at 80.1 rubles to the U.S. dollar in late afternoon trading in Moscow on Thursday.....

Economists say the ruble still has not fallen low enough to help government finances, which have been hurt by the collapse in oil prices. A weaker ruble helps boost state coffers because the state gets its oil revenue in dollars.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2016/02/11/russia-ruble-tumbles-amid-market-turmoil.html

Fathertime! 

Offline sleepycat

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4199 on: February 11, 2016, 06:11:33 PM »
While browsing about the internet, I happened to run across this little article...blah....blah....blah....

Clutching at straws...
 :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540999
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1868
Total: 1879

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM