It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: More Bad News for Russia  (Read 1086297 times)

Offline AkMike

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: Resident
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #950 on: December 15, 2014, 05:20:41 AM »
http://news.yahoo.com/ruble-hits-low-despite-interventions-111703875.html

Talk about pouring money down the drain!   :ROFL:

If the central bank would have saved their money the ruble very well would have been at 62 /$ now. 70 by New Years is looking like a 'sure thing'.

Offline AkMike

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #951 on: December 15, 2014, 05:22:13 AM »
Called my kids in Russia- they say things are not that bad
Real estate market is crazy- people are buying more than before

Sure it's no big deal what's happening as long as mommy keeps bailing the out with extra cash.

Offline sleepycat

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #952 on: December 15, 2014, 05:22:39 AM »

People in a rush to spend their Roubles before the currency becomes even more worthless...

Offline AkMike

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #953 on: December 15, 2014, 05:27:51 AM »
They're $pending a bunch on fancy cars to save something tangible.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/economics/11292912/How-much-worse-can-it-get-for-the-Russian-bear.html

I will highlight a quote from this article:

"Sales of Porsche and Lexus cars rose by 55% and 63% respectively, as the elites made bets on the automobiles as a way to maintain their wealth. "

Offline AkMike

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #954 on: December 15, 2014, 05:37:28 AM »
Since the ruble was propped up by the bank and still managed to break thru the 59/$ mark yesterday, just wait for the free fall that ensues when it breaks the psychologically important level of 60/$.
 Do Sividaniya Ruble! :D :D :D

Offline Doll

• Trips: No Selection
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #955 on: December 15, 2014, 06:06:03 AM »

Sure it's no big deal what's happening as long as mommy keeps bailing the out with extra cash.
no , they are on their own

Offline AkMike

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #956 on: December 15, 2014, 06:12:06 AM »
Yes, things are getting harder, but as for my concern- I can help him from here.

Yeah they're on their own as long as mommy keeps sending dollars to prop them up.

Offline AkMike

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #957 on: December 15, 2014, 06:44:47 AM »
60.46 rubles to the dollar! 75.13 to the Euro!  :D :D

http://zenrus.ru/

Offline Boethius

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #958 on: December 15, 2014, 08:18:20 AM »
Most of Germans? Prove it

Some 61% of respondents have a positive attitude towards the tightening of policies on Moscow, according to a poll conducted by German research center Infratest dimap, which was commissioned by German television’s ARD channel as part of its Deutschlandtrend project.

However, the majority of respondents are skeptical that Western sanctions will affect Russia's actions, with 66% having this opinion.   However, a total of 54% consider the policy to be correct.

http://www.unian.info/world/1018124-poll-germans-support-sanctions-against-russia-but-do-not-see-ukraine-in-nato.html

After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Boethius

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #959 on: December 15, 2014, 08:35:35 AM »
Called my kids in Russia- they say things are not that bad

That makes sense.  When currency loses its value, many assume real estate will retain its value.  In the West, such people usually buy gold.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline mendeleyev

• RWD Advisor
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #960 on: December 15, 2014, 01:04:09 PM »
Belvis, I find it interesting that you would attach Kaliningrad (Konigsberg) in relation to a vote of the people. Are you of the opinion that the Germanic people there were delighted to be captured and watch their homes confiscated? Was there a referendum then?

Perhaps history is accurate in that those who were not able to flee were eventually moved out by force. History reveals that Kaliningrad was about LAND (and sea access), not about PEOPLE.

If you raised the Chechen situation as an argument you must approve the war in Chechnya as the legitimate way to settle similar disputes. Chechya is the case we have to avoid, not to reproduce.

You are trying to wiggle out of this one, my friend.  :)   Of course I would not approve of the wars in Chechnya, but Vladimir Putin would not have been interested in my opinion on the issue. He ignored the will of the Chechen people, who in 1991 declared independence from Russia, and instead led the Second Chechen war to prevent Chechens from obtaining independence.

Odd that you'd raise the International Court ruling on Kosovo. Their independence is something to which Russia has displayed strong opposition. Again, a case of Russia choosing which referendums to recognize, and which to conveniently ignore.

Russia has consistently opposed that International Court opinion, well right up to the moment it illegally seized Crimea. Then, Russia suddenly decided to reference Kosovo as justification for taking Crimea. How convenient.

For the record, I opposed NATO/US actions in Serbia. The West was on the wrong side of that conflict. NATO supported the Islamic KLA (Kosovo Liberation Army). In my estimation it stained the record of US President Clinton.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 01:08:23 PM by mendeleyev »
The Mendeleyev Journal. http://mendeleyevjournal.com Member: Congress of Russian Journalists; ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.RU (Journalist-Russia); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.UA (Journalist-Ukraine); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.KZ (Journalist-Kazakhstan); ПОРТАЛ ЖУРНАЛИСТОВ (Portal of RU-UA Journalists); Просто Журналисты ("Just Journalists").

Offline Photo Guy

• Trips: 1 - 3
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #961 on: December 15, 2014, 01:41:07 PM »
Mendeleyev:
'...Again, a case of Russia choosing which referendums to recognize, and which to conveniently ignore...'

So true! I think most of the world sees it this way. How many Russians are able to see it that way? 2%?Probably most Russians who are living outside of Russia... away from the Kremlin's televised distortions.

Offline jone

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #962 on: December 15, 2014, 01:56:53 PM »
Jone, you impressed me as an intelligent man. So why you can not see the fakes?  :)
You have demonstarted   an example of west propaganda zombification when writing about  violating the airspace of another country.
OK, I have to help victims of info wars :D

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/12/14/world/europe/sweden-russia-planes-near-collision/

Thank you for the compliment.  So let me tell you what an intelligent man thinks:  Russia has satellites.  The only purpose for putting up intelligence gathering jets that threaten the sovereignty of another nation and then not respond when queried is to act belligerent.    Such aggressive actions are not that of a friend.  They are that of an enemy.  And if Russia wants to make enemies of all of the nations that surround it except those that it can belligerently beat into submission, it will suffer more and more consequences faster than you can say 'free fall' for your ruble.

Belvis, the number of paid trolls on the Kremlin payroll is impressive.  Were the US to begin belligerent flights towards the Russian mainland I would be willing to sound off against my country.  But then our nation boasts the most powerful army and navy in the world, so we don't have to do so.  Moreover, we have intelligence gathering satellites that outstrip our air assets.  Simply put, we don't need to be aggressive.  Your response sounds more and more like the paid trolls I am constantly reading in the comment sections of various news outlets.

My desire is to see Russia revert to a friendly status.  But it cannot.  It has traveled down pathways that lead to its own demise.  It now looks like only a change of leadership can alter the current course.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline jone

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #963 on: December 15, 2014, 02:01:50 PM »
Belvis, I find it interesting that you would attach Kaliningrad (Konigsberg) in relation to a vote of the people. Are you of the opinion that the Germanic people there were delighted to be captured and watch their homes confiscated? Was there a referendum then?

Perhaps history is accurate in that those who were not able to flee were eventually moved out by force. History reveals that Kaliningrad was about LAND (and sea access), not about PEOPLE.

You are trying to wiggle out of this one, my friend.  :)   Of course I would not approve of the wars in Chechnya, but Vladimir Putin would not have been interested in my opinion on the issue. He ignored the will of the Chechen people, who in 1991 declared independence from Russia, and instead led the Second Chechen war to prevent Chechens from obtaining independence.

Odd that you'd raise the International Court ruling on Kosovo. Their independence is something to which Russia has displayed strong opposition. Again, a case of Russia choosing which referendums to recognize, and which to conveniently ignore.

Russia has consistently opposed that International Court opinion, well right up to the moment it illegally seized Crimea. Then, Russia suddenly decided to reference Kosovo as justification for taking Crimea. How convenient.

For the record, I opposed NATO/US actions in Serbia. The West was on the wrong side of that conflict. NATO supported the Islamic KLA (Kosovo Liberation Army). In my estimation it stained the record of US President Clinton.

Mendy,

Upon obtaining the spoils of WWII one of the first things that the Soviets did was displaced the natives in Konigsberg with transplants from the Rodina.  The Russians are now beginning the same processes in Krim.     
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline Photo Guy

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #964 on: December 15, 2014, 02:24:26 PM »
It can be argued that the US or NATO has made stupid mistakes in the past. That's true. Two wrongs do not make a 'right'. Also, the goal of the US or NATO was NEVER to annex sections of the Balkans or to impose an American culture on the Balkans. NATO and the US recognize the value of freedom and democracy in all countries. That's an ideal that is recognized in the EU, and in most democracies. There's a huge ideological difference found in the Kremlin where the idea of Russia expanding into 'New Russia' involves the expansion of a dictatorship. It's a dictatorship that wants to control and suppress the freedom of local citizens. It's a dictatorship that wishes to promote a sense of ethnic Russian superiority and repress alternative cultures and religions. NATO never had that kind of strategy in the Balkans. So again, we need to discuss democracy versus dictatorship. When Russia sends it's warplanes close to the borders of other countries, it's just another example of 'bullying', a word not found in the Russian language. Acting in a threatening way, pushes countries away from Russia. Putin is ruining Russia by doing this.

Offline AC

• Banned Member
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #965 on: December 15, 2014, 05:51:35 PM »
Most of Germans? Prove it

excerpt
(Reuters) - The number of Germans supporting European Union economic sanctions against Russia over the Ukraine crisis has risen in the last month and a large majority supports Chancellor Angela Merkel's toughening stance, a poll on Friday found.

The Politbarometer poll for ZDF television found 58 percent back the EU sanctions even if they damage the German economy, up from 52 percent a month ago.

The poll also found that 76 percent backed the sharper tone of Merkel's recent criticisms of President Vladimir Putin's policies.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/11/28/us-ukraine-crisis-germany-sanctions-idUSKCN0JC18B20141128

Offline AC

• Banned Member

Offline sleepycat

• Trips: 4 - 10
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #967 on: December 15, 2014, 07:22:20 PM »
Central Bank of Russia jacked interest rates up from 10.5% to 17%.

If this is not a sign of panic by the regime then I don't know what is...

At this new interest rate, it'll probably be cheaper to borrow from a loan shark than from a legitimate Russian bank!

:ROFL:

Now we wait for the Putin apologists to try to spin this massive rates hike as a positive for the Russian economy...
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 07:27:30 PM by sleepycat »

Offline Chelseaboy

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #968 on: December 15, 2014, 07:52:31 PM »
We all know what happens to property prices when interest rates get hiked-up.

Looks like all those Russians who rushed to buy property in Russia,according to Doll, just caught a cold.....and that's without the higher repayments they'll now be paying,assuming they're not all Oligarch cash buyers.

I wonder if GQ has bought that property in Crimea yet ?

It's comical watching some of the pro-Russian  financial "experts" on these forums trip themselves up with their perceived financial acumen.

You can BS some of the people some of the time,but you can't BS all of the people all of the time.

;D
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 08:00:12 PM by Chelseaboy »
Just saying it like it is.

lordtiberius

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #969 on: December 15, 2014, 08:37:57 PM »
Jone, you impressed me as an intelligent man. So why you can not see the fakes?  :)
You have demonstarted   an example of west propaganda zombification when writing about  violating the airspace of another country.
OK, I have to help victims of info wars :D

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/12/14/world/europe/sweden-russia-planes-near-collision/

lordtiberius

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #970 on: December 15, 2014, 08:40:57 PM »
I would agree about the same amount of justification if Piter was still populated by Swedes.

BTW, Piter was not existing during Swedish times  :D

Hand back? You have huge gaps in knowledge of Chinese  history and geography as well as Siberian.

Offline AkMike

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #971 on: December 15, 2014, 11:36:00 PM »
With the Ruble now at 64 and climbing, and the interest rates bat 17%...

What's your best guess as to when/where the Ruble will bottom out?

150/1 by early summer?

250/1 by fall?

Offline AC

• Banned Member
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #972 on: December 15, 2014, 11:41:53 PM »
With the Ruble now at 64 and climbing, and the interest rates bat 17%...

What's your best guess as to when/where the Ruble will bottom out?

150/1 by early summer?

250/1 by fall?

80 something.  Putin is going to get out of Ukraine before it gets worse than that.  He is a slimeball but he's no dummy. 

Offline southernX

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #973 on: December 16, 2014, 12:01:48 AM »
to date though when he should be taking heed and changing course he just diggs down even deeper , tightens the crash helmut and pushes onwards

he is either totally reckless and consumed by his own belief or he still has some planed tactic he hasnt used yet  to walk away without a huge loss

personally i think he is hoping the EU/US/NATO will blink first , and let him consolidate his gains if he can , & that is his only strategy

SX
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

Offline AC

• Banned Member
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #974 on: December 16, 2014, 12:21:00 AM »
Somethings up and I expect that the USA is finally giving Ukraine some weapons.  Two sources I found seem to confirm this:

http://investmentwatchblog.com/blogger-colonel-cassad-the-reason-for-shutting-down-ukrainian-airspace-is-to-accept-military-cargo-from-usa-new-unofficial-military-advisersassistants-should-be-expected-to-show-up-as-well/

and this guy
Dimitry Bespalov

December 13 at 9:33am ·
Наткнулся на такой комментарий, не знаю правда ли.

Пришло сообщение из Харькова. Мои источники говорят, что аэропорт готовят к приему грузовых самолетов из США, которые везут подарки на новый год для агрессора и террористов на Донбассе. А знаете какие подарки? Правильно, — летальное оружие… Тизерная сеть GlobalTeaser Говорят, что готовят 3 аэропорта для приема: Запорожье, Харьков, Днепропетровск. Именно поэтому их и закрыли. Россия попытается всячески помешать доставить груз. В том числе может применить и свои »Буки». Для того, чтобы не пострадали мирные и для того, чтобы сбить агрессора с толку, было принято решение закрыть сразу 3 аэропорта. Пускай Путин думку гадает куда именно прибудет груз. А если хочет, пускай сбивает все, что летает в воздухе над Донбассом). Тогда и летального оружия не надо.. Сами россияне параноика уберут. Поводов для радости у террористов и агрессора должно быть очень много. Первый — Порошенко дал Путину 10 дней на размышление, иначе военное положение. Второе — Конгресс США одобрил акт военной поддержки Украины. И наконец третье — Аэропорты Харькова, Днепропетровска и Запорожье закрыли для мирной авиации. В СНБО не комментируют ситуацию. Ликуйте враги Украины! Подарки к Новому Году от союзников Украины уже на подходе. Мы уничтожали Вас ржавыми танками, уничтожали довольно таки успешно. Не сомневайтесь! С подарочками наших союзников вы будете умирать быстрее, возможно не мучаясь в агонии смерти…

Came across this comment, I do not know whether it was true.

Message from Kharkov. My sources say that the airport is prepared to receive cargo planes from the United States who bring gifts for the new year for the aggressor and terrorists in the Donbass region. Do you know what kind of gifts? Correctly, is a lethal weapon ... Teaser GlobalTeaser network say they are preparing to receive airport 3: Kiev, Kharkov, Dnepropetrovsk. That is why they have closed. Russia will try to prevent to deliver the goods. Including may apply and their "Beeches". In order to not hurt the peace and in order to bring down the aggressor be confusing, it was decided to close the airport 3 right away. Let Putin por. s. Karolak and wondering where it will load. And if you want, let them is anything that flies in the air over Donbass). Then lethal weapons do not.. The Russians are paranoid to be removed. Reasons for the joy of the terrorists and the aggressor should be very much. The first 10 days, Putin gave Poroshenko on meditation, or martial law. The second United States Congress approved the Act of Ukrainian military support. And finally the third Airports Kharkiv, Dnipropetrovsk and Zaporizhia was closed to civilian aircraft. The NATIONAL SECURITY and DEFENSE COUNCIL does not comment on the situation. Ukraine's enemies rejoice! Gifts for the new year from allies of Ukraine are on the way. We destroyed you rusty tanks, destroyed quite successfully. Do not hesitate! With podaročkami our allies you will die faster, perhaps not suffering the agony of death ...

Translated by Bing

« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 12:22:37 AM by AC »

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541452
Total Topics: 20864
Most Online Today: 1973
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 9
Guests: 1642
Total: 1651

+-Recent Posts

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine by krimster2
Today at 11:32:07 AM

Re: Trippin in St Pete by krimster2
Yesterday at 12:26:08 PM

Re: Trippin in St Pete by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:34:19 AM

Trippin in St Pete by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 06:20:16 AM

Re: Hard work -- How can I explain this to my Russian wife? by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 01:03:56 AM

Re: Trippin in St Pete by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 01:01:18 AM

Hard work -- How can I explain this to my Russian wife? by 2tallbill
April 28, 2024, 01:53:18 PM

Russian/Ukranian women - views on sex before marriage? by 2tallbill
April 28, 2024, 10:57:05 AM

Russian/Ukranian women - views on sex before marriage? by 2tallbill
April 28, 2024, 10:55:23 AM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
April 28, 2024, 10:11:31 AM