It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: More Bad News for Russia  (Read 1086262 times)

Offline AkMike

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: Resident
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2475 on: February 11, 2015, 05:42:51 PM »
How to Save Money during a War..  :cluebat:
  It makes you kind of teary eyed to know that the terrorists think so much of their own people.  :rolleyes:
Bury "volunteers" in the "LC" became heavier and more expensive

02.10.2015 17:22

Leaders "LC" have significantly reduced the amount of payments to the victims of family workers' militia. " Earlier in compensation promised by 5000 hryvnia, (200 USD) as well as - "a funeral package." Which included funeral services, cross and wreath at the expense of the "republic." Now, as told informator.lg.ua  informed source, the amount of cut up to 3,000 hryvnia (120 USD). And reduced the "package". "Now relatives of the deceased themselves take the body and bury it. The body that are not able to pick up, buried in a mass grave. And the place of residence of the deceased to the cemetery is a symbolic hill with a cross. Thus there is a saving on the coffins and other funeral accessories "-
http://informator.lg.ua/?p=68501#more-68501

Offline fathertime

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: > 10
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2476 on: February 11, 2015, 05:54:34 PM »
AK--  if the west does support Ukraine with defensive weapons (+)   I would not care what Putin does.I hope he sends 50000 troops into Ukraine--the resultant massacre of Russian troops will be humiliating for Russia Putin & Kremlin cronies. If it takes that for the Russian people to wake up and recognise their responsibility in acquiescing Putins actions-  so be it-the sooner the better.

I really think you are delusional if you think this is going to happen without most of Ukraine being laid to waste.

Fathertime!   
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline fathertime

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2477 on: February 11, 2015, 06:01:53 PM »
There have already been massive casualties, or had you not noticed?
Thus far in Syria there is around 250,000 dead....Iraq some estimates of over 1,000,000.....Ukraine 5,500 (according to recent news).  I'd say things can get a whole lot worse.  If 5500 is considered massive casualties, how do you categorize Syria/Iraq, etc etc.

Fathertime!   

Offline bagalia

• Trips: No Selection
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2478 on: February 11, 2015, 06:29:23 PM »
Bunch of naive doves in Europe. There is always the possibility of a military win. Putin knows it.

lordtiberius

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2479 on: February 11, 2015, 07:30:53 PM »
That's not me LT.

I am sorry.  I was wrong.  Please accept my apology.

lordtiberius

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2480 on: February 11, 2015, 07:33:15 PM »
Except me and Russia..

FT too & me.  Nice try patriot.  Tell us how you love America again.

Offline AkMike

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2481 on: February 11, 2015, 07:38:08 PM »
Is that directed at me?  :o

lordtiberius

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2482 on: February 11, 2015, 07:41:21 PM »
Steamer

Offline AkMike

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2483 on: February 11, 2015, 07:51:55 PM »
Then quote him not me.

Offline Anotherkiwi

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 1 - 3
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2484 on: February 11, 2015, 09:58:50 PM »
Thus far in Syria there is around 250,000 dead....Iraq some estimates of over 1,000,000.....Ukraine 5,500 (according to recent news).  I'd say things can get a whole lot worse.  If 5500 is considered massive casualties, how do you categorize Syria/Iraq, etc etc.

The scale of casualties in the Middle East is truly mind-boggling.  However, the big difference between there and Ukraine is that there have been wars/rebellions/uprisings/religious differences going on in the former for many years, which have taken a steady stream of victims.  Excluding Maidan, which doesn't really count as "war," there had not been any deaths as a result of military action in Ukraine until Putin decided to invade Crimea.  The devastation and death toll since then can be laid squarely at Putin's feet - he may not have pulled the trigger on anyone but, most assuredly, all the actions (and consequences) in the last year are a direct result of his imperialistic warmongering.

Offline fathertime

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2485 on: February 11, 2015, 10:11:47 PM »
The scale of casualties in the Middle East is truly mind-boggling.  However, the big difference between there and Ukraine is that there have been wars/rebellions/uprisings/religious differences going on in the former for many years, which have taken a steady stream of victims.  Excluding Maidan, which doesn't really count as "war," there had not been any deaths as a result of military action in Ukraine until Putin decided to invade Crimea.  The devastation and death toll since then can be laid squarely at Putin's feet - he may not have pulled the trigger on anyone but, most assuredly, all the actions (and consequences) in the last year are a direct result of his imperialistic warmongering.

Well then I guess we can agree that the number of deaths has been very low, in comparison to what it easily could be.  Around a year and 5,000 dead pales in comparison to Perhaps 3 years 250K.   

Of course I don't blame Russia solely for this, as this is a worldwide dispute that happens to be manifesting in Ukraine at the moment....but obviously that is a different topic that has been covered.   

Fathertime!

Offline Anotherkiwi

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2486 on: February 11, 2015, 10:21:53 PM »
Of course I don't blame Russia solely for this,

Why not? I do.

...this is a worldwide dispute that happens to be manifesting in Ukraine at the moment....but obviously that is a different topic that has been covered.

How can this be a "worldwide dispute?"  In case you haven't noticed, every other country in the world is taking your advice and keeping out of the conflict.  It must be wonderful to have every world leader take so much notice of your prognostications.  :cluebat:

Offline JayH

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2487 on: February 11, 2015, 10:23:35 PM »
The death toll in Ukraine is over 15,000 . It may well be considerably higher.
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline AkMike

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2488 on: February 11, 2015, 10:26:20 PM »
Possibly,,

50,000 casualties in Ukraine? German intel calls Kiev’s 6k toll ‘not credible’
http://rt.com/news/230363-ukraine-real-losses-german-intelligence/

Except if you google it you'll see a few pages that refer back to each other without citing the "German Intel" source. And I'm not going to waste more time looking at Russian sources.

Propaganda!  :crackwhip:

Offline fathertime

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2489 on: February 11, 2015, 10:32:38 PM »
Why not? I do.

Because you remain ill-informed.

How can this be a "worldwide dispute?"  In case you haven't noticed, every other country in the world is taking your advice and keeping out of the conflict.  It must be wonderful to have every world leader take so much notice of your prognostications.  :cluebat:
Actually you are mistaken, many countries are involved through sanctions....and many others are not. 

Who said any worldwide leader is reading this?
I hold that it is an ongoing dispute between East and West as it pertains to worldwide resources, and the battlefield isn't just pertaining to guns and bombs...but I'm ok with your simplistic approach....although since I'm viewing it differently I'm going to reach different conclusions. :-*

Fathertime!     

Offline fathertime

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2490 on: February 11, 2015, 10:35:41 PM »
The major news sites are all saying under 6K.  I don't see any reason for them to work in collusion to artificially deflate the number of dead.

Fathertime!   

Offline JayH

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2491 on: February 11, 2015, 10:38:53 PM »
That shows how truly clueless and lacking in comprehension -- you cannot even add up. :cluebat:
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline fathertime

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2492 on: February 11, 2015, 10:48:08 PM »
That shows how truly clueless and lacking in comprehension -- you cannot even add up. :cluebat:

I will take major news network numbers over numbers that YOU provide....and they all have been saying under 6000.  Back to 2nd grade if you can peel yourself off the recliner.   

Fathertime!

Offline JayH

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2493 on: February 11, 2015, 11:02:05 PM »
I will break my decision to simply ignore your ignorance and ridiculous posts-- to point out how simple it is to illustrate your ignorance.
The Ukrainian military admit to approx 1500 dead-- there are also a considerable number unaccounted for. Ukrainian civilian deaths are acknowledged as close to 6000 -once again with this figure there are quite high numbers missing.The figure has also been estimated as being much higher. Add the Russian military ( &/or Russian mercenaries) from across the border at the figure of approx 6500 --
Now add the figures and that is approx 14,000 - As I said-- 15000 is more like the figure used in the media -- so you need to actually read what is posted here.

Offline fathertime

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2494 on: February 11, 2015, 11:16:26 PM »
I will break my decision to simply ignore your ignorance and ridiculous posts-- to point out how simple it is to illustrate your ignorance.
The Ukrainian military admit to approx 1500 dead-- there are also a considerable number unaccounted for. Ukrainian civilian deaths are acknowledged as close to 6000 -once again with this figure there are quite high numbers missing.The figure has also been estimated as being much higher. Add the Russian military ( &/or Russian mercenaries) from across the border at the figure of approx 6500 --
Now add the figures and that is approx 14,000 - As I said-- 15000 is more like the figure used in the media -- so you need to actually read what is posted here.

Looks like a bunch of fuzzy math when all the major outlets are reporting under 6000 dead, and they usually like to make things worse then they really are...but "JayH News and Special Report" is reporting live that it is 14000. 

Unaccounted for, could easily be men abandoning their posts or switching sides...as there are reports that is fairly commonplace. 

When some of the main media outlets start reporting the number as 14000 then I'll probably believe it...meanwhile it sounds like more of your fantasy, like the 400 Russians killed in this battle, and the 550 killed in that battle..etc etc....now do I get the privilege of going back on ignore?    :D

Fathertime!   

Offline sleepycat

• Trips: 4 - 10
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2495 on: February 11, 2015, 11:46:18 PM »

Aren't you the one that keeps getting schooled by Mendy on the subject of international politics?  :crackwhip:

lordtiberius

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2496 on: February 12, 2015, 05:03:43 AM »
Aren't you the one that keeps getting schooled by Mendy on the subject of international politics?  :crackwhip:

He denies a Russian invasion while the whole world says it is a Russian invasion.

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2497 on: February 12, 2015, 06:21:21 AM »
I heard an interview today by Bill Browder, who ran the most successful investment fund in Russia.  When corrupt officials tried to take it over, his lawyer, Sergey Magnitsky, was killed, and eventually, faced trial posthumously.

Browder had good relations with Putin, but eventually alleged Putin is head of the world's largest criminal organization.  Browder takes extraordinary security precautions, as his life has been threatened numerous times.

Here are two good interview with Browder -

http://www.cbc.ca/thecurrent/episode/2015/02/11/bill-browder-on-red-notice-death-threats-from-the-kremlin/

http://www.cbs.com/shows/60_minutes/video/j653nLra74lxu2imMCHYao7la8h8HOKK/american-s-fight-to-expose-corruption-in-russia/

and a few good overview of his story -

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/jan/25/-sp-bill-browder-kremlin-threatened-to-kill-me-vladimir-putin

http://www.gsb.stanford.edu/insights/bill-browder-warning-against-investment-russia
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline fathertime

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2498 on: February 12, 2015, 07:31:06 AM »
He denies a Russian invasion while the whole world says it is a Russian invasion.

You are rather forgetful or confusing the different posters.  I'm not a Russian denier.  I think there are Russians involved. 

Fathertime! 

Offline Anotherkiwi

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2499 on: February 12, 2015, 05:46:29 PM »
Of course I don't blame Russia solely for this,

Why not? I do.

How so?  At least you are prepared to admit this...

...I'm not a Russian denier.  I think there are Russians involved.

...but, on that basis, how can you come to any conclusion other than the Russians being responsible for the conflict?  It was the Russians who invaded Crimea on a completely bogus pretext - even their number one supporter on this forum, justme100, never EVER accused the Crimean authorities of any discrimination against her for being a Russian-speaking ethnic Russian!

It was the Russians who conducted a meaningless "referendum" which was the biggest crock of shit in modern history (4 million ballot papers printed for 2 million voters, and there are plenty of videos showing stacks of them already completed BEFORE the voting was opened; no option to keep the status quo; and a turnout of 114% (or was it 124%?) in Sevastopol), and who invaded the Crimean Parliament and forced a regime change in the middle of the night at the point of many guns, with the new leader being so popular in the previous real election that his support was less than the margin of error in any poll!

...this is a worldwide dispute that happens to be manifesting in Ukraine at the moment....but obviously that is a different topic that has been covered.

Actually you are mistaken, many countries are involved through sanctions....and many others are not.

My apologies - perhaps I should have spelt it out that "conflict" here refers to the actual fighting.  If the EU had got off their collective bums when Donbas was first invaded, sanctions probably would not even have been needed.

Who said any worldwide leader is reading this?

I'm so sorry - I couldn't find the sarcasm icon.

I hold that it is an ongoing dispute between East and West as it pertains to worldwide resources, and the battlefield isn't just pertaining to guns and bombs...but I'm ok with your simplistic approach....although since I'm viewing it differently I'm going to reach different conclusions.

That's the only thing which you've written that I could even begin to agree with.  The battlefield IS, however, on the ground - sanctions may well eventually cause hardship to the average Russian, but they are unlikely to affect the ruling elite.  Who cares if Putin loses half his fortune?  He would still have enough left to buy most countries.

The people who have been killed as a result of an invasion under completely false pretences, or who have been forced out of their homes, are (or were) not the slightest bit interested in economic warfare which doesn't directly affect them.  They, and the families of all of those killed, are the only ones I care about.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541451
Total Topics: 20864
Most Online Today: 1973
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 8
Guests: 1772
Total: 1780

+-Recent Posts

Re: Trippin in St Pete by krimster2
Yesterday at 12:26:08 PM

Re: Trippin in St Pete by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:34:19 AM

Trippin in St Pete by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 06:20:16 AM

Re: Hard work -- How can I explain this to my Russian wife? by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 01:03:56 AM

Re: Trippin in St Pete by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 01:01:18 AM

Hard work -- How can I explain this to my Russian wife? by 2tallbill
April 28, 2024, 01:53:18 PM

Russian/Ukranian women - views on sex before marriage? by 2tallbill
April 28, 2024, 10:57:05 AM

Russian/Ukranian women - views on sex before marriage? by 2tallbill
April 28, 2024, 10:55:23 AM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
April 28, 2024, 10:11:31 AM

Re: international travel by krimster2
April 28, 2024, 09:44:27 AM