It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: More Bad News for Russia  (Read 1086261 times)

Offline AkMike

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: Resident
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2625 on: February 24, 2015, 03:39:50 PM »
China has a vested interest in UA for grains and other commodities that have been in place before this invasion. They're covering their investments.  :clapping:

I doubt that they've got much cash invested in Russia.

Offline Steamer

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2626 on: February 24, 2015, 03:46:16 PM »
Great news! Finally, a country willing to assist with real aid.

Putin will be displeased.

Well that will just give Putin the green light to do likewise (openly) in east Ukraine. He'll match whatever the west does and life will get even worse for Ukraine.
Life ain't nothing but a poker game
And no two hands are quite the same
But I never saw a winner that didn't bet

Offline Brasscasing

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2627 on: February 24, 2015, 03:47:27 PM »
China has a vested interest in UA for grains and other commodities that have been in place before this invasion. They're covering their investments.  :clapping:

I doubt that they've got much cash invested in Russia.

Never mind the grain. China has their eye on the real prize.  ;D ...

Ukrainian Brides May Solve China’s Gender Gap, Chinese Media Claims

..."The 34 million extra men pose serious social risks, but some just see a matchmaking bonanza."...

http://foreignpolicy.com/2015/01/28/ukrainian-brides-may-solve-chinas-gender-gap-chinese-media-claims/

Brass
...Build the wall. Even Heaven has a gate...

"Because without America there is no free world" ~ Canada Free Press

Offline Brasscasing

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2628 on: February 24, 2015, 03:55:05 PM »

Well that will just give Putin the green light to do likewise (openly) in east Ukraine. He'll match whatever the west does and life will get even worse for Ukraine.

Putin's pouring men and equipment into Ukraine anyways, green light or not.

Besides, I don't buy into appeasement at any cost and neither does Ukraine. Ask the Ukrainian population whether or not they'd prefer to defend themselves or be crushed under the marching jackboots of the Russian military machine.

Bet you won't like the answer. ;)

Brass

Offline Steamer

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2629 on: February 24, 2015, 06:02:47 PM »
Putin's pouring men and equipment into Ukraine anyways, green light or not.

Besides, I don't buy into appeasement at any cost and neither does Ukraine. Ask the Ukrainian population whether or not they'd prefer to defend themselves or be crushed under the marching jackboots of the Russian military machine.

It's an escalation.

Bet you won't like the answer. ;)

Brass

It's no skin off my nose.

Offline Brasscasing

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2630 on: February 24, 2015, 06:25:43 PM »
It's an escalation.

Russia escalated when it invaded. The west/NATO/US should have evened the field last year. Help for Ukraine has been far too long in coming.

It's no skin off my nose.

Good, then you won't mind if 45 million plus Ukrainians can finally start defending themselves.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 06:27:22 PM by Brasscasing »

Offline AkMike

• Trips: Resident
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2631 on: February 24, 2015, 06:38:52 PM »
It's an escalation.

Much less of an escalation that the huilomeister sending more columns of fresh tanks, APC's and troops into Ukraine.

Offline fathertime

• Trips: > 10
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2632 on: February 24, 2015, 07:29:00 PM »
It's an escalation.

I'd also say it is a slight escalation on the West's part...probably right on the border of enough of an escalation to prompt another Russian escalation....which then may 'require' another Western escalation....which may 'require' another Russian escalation.   Stakes gonna get high....I'm curious if/when Russia decides to go headlong into this thing and start taking what they want right away. 

Fathertime!   
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline The Natural

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2633 on: February 24, 2015, 07:54:58 PM »

I'd also say it is a slight escalation on the West's part...probably right on the border of enough of an escalation to prompt another Russian escalation....which then may 'require' another Western escalation....which may 'require' another Russian escalation.   Stakes gonna get high....I'm curious if/when Russia decides to go headlong into this thing and start taking what they want right away. 

Fathertime!

Finally an american voice of reality and sanity!

Yes, Kremlin just keeps swallowing insult after insult. Putin should really get the Nobel peace price for being so persistent in search of Peace. Alas, Washington wants war and it's now up to Germany and France if they want to obey the orders from the neocons in Washington and damage their own economies as well as risk WW3, or if they want to come to a real agreement With Moscow and thus make a final break With US hegemony over the world. It's an easy Choice for a normal person, but a difficult one for a Group of psycopaths.......

Offline Boethius

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2634 on: February 24, 2015, 08:03:54 PM »
No, he is a conspiracy theorist with a lack of understanding of the history of the region.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline calmissile

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2635 on: February 24, 2015, 08:06:29 PM »
Finally an american voice of reality and sanity!

Yes, Kremlin just keeps swallowing insult after insult. Putin should really get the Nobel peace price for being so persistent in search of Peace. Alas, Washington wants war and it's now up to Germany and France if they want to obey the orders from the neocons in Washington and damage their own economies as well as risk WW3, or if they want to come to a real agreement With Moscow and thus make a final break With US hegemony over the world. It's an easy Choice for a normal person, but a difficult one for a Group of psycopaths.......

Your beginning to sound like a basket case!  Step back and see the big picture...
1.  Ukraine is a sovereign state with borders recognized by the international community for many years.   FACT #1
2.  Russia invaded and annexed Crimea.  There would have been no invasion and annexation if Russia had minded it's own business.  FACT #2
3.  Russia sent troops and military weaponry into Eastern Ukraine to fight the legal and legitimate government of Ukraine.  FACT #3

Do you have any sense of right and wrong?
Doug (Calmissile)

Offline fathertime

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2636 on: February 24, 2015, 08:14:39 PM »
No, he is a conspiracy theorist with a lack of understanding of the history of the region.

You are mislabeling in an effort to discredit.  If anything you have shown yourself to be VERY biased, and perhaps even hate-filled. 

Many people (including Western leaders) are concerned about escalating for the very reason that it will prompt a further escalation from Russia.  If i'm a 'conspiracy theorist' for thinking along those lines, then so be it...but don't forget to also label many of the Western representatives as well. 

Fathertime!   

Offline The Natural

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2637 on: February 24, 2015, 08:22:19 PM »

On the contrary. He's a brilliant mind With Perfect understanding of the history of Ukraine, as well as the rest of the universe and everything in between. Just like you Boethius.

Your beginning to sound like a basket case!  Step back and see the big picture...

Basket case, me? That's coming from a + 70 year old  in leather pants chasing young Girls? How on Earth do you think Im gonna take Your  serious?
And on top of that question
 my sense of right and wrong? Wherever do they dig up like that? Well, as he's a rather old idiot, I Guess it's easier......
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 09:03:43 PM by AnonMod »

Offline fathertime

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2638 on: February 24, 2015, 08:34:02 PM »
1.  Ukraine is a sovereign state with borders recognized by the international community for many years.   FACT #1
2.  Russia invaded and annexed Crimea.  There would have been no invasion and annexation if Russia had minded it's own business.  FACT #2
3.  Russia sent troops and military weaponry into Eastern Ukraine to fight the legal and legitimate government of Ukraine.  FACT #3

I don't think you are seeing the big picture yourself.  If you think Russia participation in Ukraine is the BIG picture you are mistaken...this is only a small part of the larger picture....at least that is how Russia likely views it. 

It is interesting how our sins (The USA) and other western nation's sins are forgiven/minimized and chuckled over...while a Russian sin is potentially blown up into a wider war.   If we are able to force regime change in various countries, then other powerful nations are bound to do the same. 
[size=78%]  [/size]

Fathertime! 

Offline calmissile

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2639 on: February 24, 2015, 08:35:35 PM »
On the contrary. He's a brilliant mind With Perfect understanding of the history of Ukraine, as well as the rest of the universe and everything in between. Just like you Boethius.

Basket case, me? That's coming from a + 70 year old in leather pants chasing young Girls? How on Earth do you think Im gonna take You for serious?
And on top of that question
 my sense of right and wrong? Wherever do they dig up like that? Well, as he's a rather old idiot, I Guess it's easier......

Well, we see your drunk on your ass again.
Sorry, I don't wear leather pants and I don't chase young Girls!  My wife is over 40.
I'll pass off your insults as it shows your character more than mine.

BTW, are you still fighting against vaccinating your children and holding them at risk to disease?

BTW, you never explained your perception of right and wrong concerning the Russian invasion and occupation, instead you deflected the issue as usual.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 09:04:34 PM by AnonMod »
Doug (Calmissile)

Offline Larry1

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2640 on: February 24, 2015, 08:37:30 PM »
Putin should really get the Nobel peace price for being so persistent in search of Peace.

Putin launched this invasion of a sovereign country and he is persistent in search of peace?

Offline fathertime

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2641 on: February 24, 2015, 08:38:29 PM »

I'll pass off your insults as it shows your character more than mine.

BTW, are you still fighting against vaccinating your children and holding them at risk to disease?

You say you will 'pass off' insults...and the very next sentence you try to bait him.   Notice how that is a little hypocritical?  :rolleyes:

Fathertime!   

Offline Steamer

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2642 on: February 24, 2015, 08:42:07 PM »
Good, then you won't mind if 45 million plus Ukrainians can finally start defending themselves.

Why would I mind? I'm actually neutral on this. I get no joy from people getting killed and injured in a war. I've been saying that Russia considers Ukraine to be its backyard and will fight over it. When you start bringing in foreign troops to fight for Ukraine then you're begging for a war and you'll get one.

The thing is Russia wants UA a LOT more than the EU or the US does which is why the EU and US are paying it a lot of lip service and agitating but not really doing anything. It gives the appearance of concern without the commitment.

Offline Boethius

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2643 on: February 24, 2015, 08:42:12 PM »

I have never stated I have a brilliant mind, nor a perfect understanding of Ukraine's history, nor the universe.  But, as you hold me in such contempt, don't bother answering my posts.  I won't respond.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Boethius

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2644 on: February 24, 2015, 08:43:50 PM »

You are mislabeling in an effort to discredit.  If anything you have shown yourself to be VERY biased, and perhaps even hate-filled. 

Many people (including Western leaders) are concerned about escalating for the very reason that it will prompt a further escalation from Russia.  If i'm a 'conspiracy theorist' for thinking along those lines, then so be it...but don't forget to also label many of the Western representatives as well. 

Fathertime!

Hate filled?  My children all have Russian surnames.  Yours do not. 

Offline fathertime

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2645 on: February 24, 2015, 08:50:02 PM »

Hate filled?  My children all have Russian surnames.  Yours do not.
Irrelevant. 

Why would I mind? I'm actually neutral on this. I get no joy from people getting killed and injured in a war. I've been saying that Russia considers Ukraine to be its backyard and will fight over it. When you start bringing in foreign troops to fight for Ukraine then you're begging for a war and you'll get one.

I agree with that 4-square!   

The thing is Russia wants UA a LOT more than the EU or the US does which is why the EU and US are paying it a lot of lip service and agitating but not really doing anything. It gives the appearance of concern without the commitment.

Hopefully you are right on that one...thus far it has been the case....not that there shouldn't be costs, just not the types of costs people here are begging for...this should be a relatively minor regional issue, and shouldn't be blown into a war with global consequences. 

Fathertime!   

Offline Boethius

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2646 on: February 24, 2015, 08:52:03 PM »
No, it is not irrelevant to your baseless accusation.

Offline fathertime

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2647 on: February 24, 2015, 08:53:38 PM »
No, it is not irrelevant to your baseless accusation.

actually you don't know what my earlier statement was in reference to... :-*

Fathertime!   

Offline Boethius

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2648 on: February 24, 2015, 08:55:19 PM »
Well, I can only go by what you post. 

Offline sleepycat

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2649 on: February 24, 2015, 09:07:32 PM »
Irrelevant. 

Just like all your constant reminders to us of "I just so happened to be browsing the internet this morning blah...blah...blah..."?

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541451
Total Topics: 20864
Most Online Today: 1973
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 8
Guests: 1774
Total: 1782

+-Recent Posts

Re: Trippin in St Pete by krimster2
Yesterday at 12:26:08 PM

Re: Trippin in St Pete by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:34:19 AM

Trippin in St Pete by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 06:20:16 AM

Re: Hard work -- How can I explain this to my Russian wife? by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 01:03:56 AM

Re: Trippin in St Pete by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 01:01:18 AM

Hard work -- How can I explain this to my Russian wife? by 2tallbill
April 28, 2024, 01:53:18 PM

Russian/Ukranian women - views on sex before marriage? by 2tallbill
April 28, 2024, 10:57:05 AM

Russian/Ukranian women - views on sex before marriage? by 2tallbill
April 28, 2024, 10:55:23 AM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
April 28, 2024, 10:11:31 AM

Re: international travel by krimster2
April 28, 2024, 09:44:27 AM