It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: More Bad News for Russia  (Read 1086237 times)

Offline fathertime

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: > 10
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2650 on: February 24, 2015, 09:11:31 PM »
Just like all your constant reminders to us of "I just so happened to be browsing the internet this morning blah...blah...blah..."?
:D

Fathertime! 
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

lordtiberius

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2651 on: February 24, 2015, 09:43:01 PM »
This is a very bad day for Putin's supporters in the EU.

Offline Steamer

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2652 on: February 24, 2015, 09:49:40 PM »
This is a very bad day for Putin's supporters in the EU.

Because of 75 British troops?
Life ain't nothing but a poker game
And no two hands are quite the same
But I never saw a winner that didn't bet

Offline Brasscasing

• Trips: No Selection
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2653 on: February 24, 2015, 10:07:19 PM »

Why would I mind? I'm actually neutral on this. I get no joy from people getting killed and injured in a war. I've been saying that Russia considers Ukraine to be its backyard and will fight over it. When you start bringing in foreign troops to fight for Ukraine then you're begging for a war and you'll get one.

The thing is Russia wants UA a LOT more than the EU or the US does which is why the EU and US are paying it a lot of lip service and agitating but not really doing anything. It gives the appearance of concern without the commitment.

Not according to your last 50 or so posts.

Well then a fight is more than likely what the Russian's will get because right now  Ukraine already has foreign soldiers in their country. They're called Russians.

Ah but there's that pesky little UAE willing to supply Ukraine with the means to defend itself.

Maybe the west will continue to pay lip service and do nothing...maybe not. Stay tuned.

Brass

...Build the wall. Even Heaven has a gate...

"Because without America there is no free world" ~ Canada Free Press

lordtiberius

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2654 on: February 24, 2015, 10:49:49 PM »

Because of 75 British troops?

Where did I say that?

Offline Steamer

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2655 on: February 24, 2015, 11:04:26 PM »
Not according to your last 50 or so posts.

Phooey, I get irritated with you asshats howling for peoples blood. Makes you sound just like Bendara. If anyone says anything that isn't 'Death to Russians' and describe in detail how all Russians should be murdered then they're Putin apologists and will be harangued forever. Makes me want to cheer for Putin just to watch that vein pop out of your foreheads.

Ah but there's that pesky little UAE willing to supply Ukraine with the means to defend itself.

I suspect that the US would SELL UA weapons but their credit is in the pooper so if the UAE wants to donate weapons that we SOLD to them then wonderful.

Offline Steamer

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2656 on: February 24, 2015, 11:07:14 PM »
Where did I say that?

You didn't. You also didn't say why it's a bad day for Putin supporters.

Offline calmissile

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2657 on: February 24, 2015, 11:16:20 PM »
Phooey, I get irritated with you asshats howling for peoples blood.

Sort of like the Russian terrorists in East Ukraine howling for Ukraine blood, isn't it?

Makes you sound just like Bendara. If anyone says anything that isn't 'Death to Russians' and describe in detail how all Russians should be murdered then they're Putin apologists and will be harangued forever. Makes me want to cheer for Putin just to watch that vein pop out of your foreheads.

Sounds like your the one getting all steamed up STEAMER.     :D

Doug (Calmissile)

Offline Steamer

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2658 on: February 24, 2015, 11:22:10 PM »
Sounds like your the one getting all steamed up STEAMER.    

Yeah, I can take it for a while and then I get on a total grump.

Offline Boethius

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2659 on: February 24, 2015, 11:24:45 PM »
Phooey, I get irritated with you asshats howling for peoples blood. Makes you sound just like Bendara. If anyone says anything that isn't 'Death to Russians' and describe in detail how all Russians should be murdered then they're Putin apologists and will be harangued forever. Makes me want to cheer for Putin just to watch that vein pop out of your foreheads.

Bandera wasn't anti Russian.  He was anti Soviet.  His pact with the Germans lasted exactly one week longer than did Stalin's.  But, unlike Stalin, Bandera ended up in a German concentration camp.

Many of your posts give the appearance of cheering Russian actions in Ukraine, which includes the death of Ukrainian soldiers.  So, it's a two way street.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Brasscasing

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2660 on: February 24, 2015, 11:50:27 PM »

And I'm just as irritated with you asshat Putin apologists denying that there is already innocent Ukrainian blood being spilled by a murderous dictator. Makes you sound just like Stalin.

I will always oppose the criminal invasion of Georgia and Ukraine and whatever it takes to expel these vicious assassins you support from both countries is what I endorse.

Yeah, that's what I thought. You're a punk troll posting snarky sh*t to get a reaction. The comical thing is you're just not that good at it. 

I suspect that the US would SELL UA weapons but their credit is in the pooper so if the UAE wants to donate weapons that we SOLD to them then wonderful.

Ukraine acquiring the means to defend itself upsets you, eh? Good. Here's hoping the US/Canada lends them the money for procurement then forgives the loan.

Brass
...Build the wall. Even Heaven has a gate...

"Because without America there is no free world" ~ Canada Free Press

Offline southernX

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2661 on: February 25, 2015, 12:07:23 AM »
brass , agree totally

people need to get their  head up and do some critical thinking about what putin has done to date

steamer ... When you start bringing in foreign russian troops to fight for in Ukraine then you're begging for a war and you'll get one.

ftfy mate ,
mr putin started this aggression off , in time im sure his role in the snipers on maiden will be fully revealed , his actions show his intent ,

ours must match his IMO , if he is to be stopped

SX

Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

Offline AC

• Banned Member
  • Trips: 1 - 3
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2662 on: February 25, 2015, 12:33:11 AM »
Finally an american voice of reality and sanity!

Yes, Kremlin just keeps swallowing insult after insult. Putin should really get the Nobel peace price for being so persistent in search of Peace. Alas, Washington wants war and it's now up to Germany and France if they want to obey the orders from the neocons in Washington and damage their own economies as well as risk WW3, or if they want to come to a real agreement With Moscow and thus make a final break With US hegemony over the world. It's an easy Choice for a normal person, but a difficult one for a Group of psycopaths.......

Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

Yes I agree, anyone who makes a deal with Putin is a psychopath.

Offline AC

• Banned Member
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2663 on: February 25, 2015, 12:35:46 AM »
Well, we see your drunk on your ass again.
Sorry, I don't wear leather pants and I don't chase young Girls!  My wife is over 40.
I'll pass off your insults as it shows your character more than mine.

BTW, are you still fighting against vaccinating your children and holding them at risk to disease?

He's doing that?  He's not only a conspiracy theory believer of the greatest magnitude, he's very foolish. 

Offline AC

• Banned Member
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2664 on: February 25, 2015, 12:38:12 AM »
Phooey, I get irritated with you asshats howling for peoples blood. Makes you sound just like Bendara. If anyone says anything that isn't 'Death to Russians'

People would not be wanting Russians dead if they were not in Ukraine killing people and stealing land that does not belong to them. 

lordtiberius

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2665 on: February 25, 2015, 06:42:10 AM »

You didn't. You also didn't say why it's a bad day for Putin supporters.

Browse the internet to find out why

Offline Muzh

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2666 on: February 25, 2015, 02:35:42 PM »
And I'm just as irritated with you asshat Putin apologists denying that there is already innocent Ukrainian blood being spilled by a murderous dictator. Makes you sound just like Stalin.

Nope, nope, nope. Makes him sound like Walter Duranty, the man who constantly licked Stalin's scrotum.

To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline AkMike

• Trips: Resident
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2667 on: February 25, 2015, 03:29:40 PM »
The UAE-Ukraine Defence Deal

( Note, I was surprised to learn the UAE produces their own arms. See the link)

Yesterday Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko announced that the United Arab Emirates and Ukraine had reached a deal whereby the Arab State would cooperate militarily – thus theoretically paving the way for the UAE to send arms to Ukraine.

President Poroshenko making sure to keep strictly to the script of defensive weaponry only stated – “I want to stress that we increase the defensive capabilities of the Ukrainian army only for better defend our territory – to keep our independence, to keep our territorial integrity, to keep our sovereignty. I do not have any plans to attack anybody. I am a president of peace, and we are a country of peace. But to keep the peace, we should have an ability to defend ourselves.”
 http://www.odessatalk.com/2015/02/the-uae-ukraine-defence-deal/

Offline Anotherkiwi

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2668 on: February 25, 2015, 05:46:50 PM »
Why would I mind? I'm actually neutral on this. I get no joy from people getting killed and injured in a war.

Glad to hear it.

I've been saying that Russia considers Ukraine to be its backyard and will fight over it.

Why now?  It seems hypocritically strange that Russia left Ukraine alone for more than 20 years after the breakup of the Soviet Union, and only decided to take action after its own puppet President fled the country.

When you start bringing in foreign troops to fight for Ukraine then you're begging for a war and you'll get one.

Who said anything about foreign troops fighting for Ukraine?  Great Britain has offered 75 soldiers, but I don't see them being deployed to the front line.  All that Poroshenko has asked for is help in defending his country - for example, equipment that his own forces can be trained to use if they don't already know how.  In any case, as foreign troops are fighting AGAINST Ukraine, why shouldn't other foreign troops fight FOR Ukraine?  Alliances happen in every other war.

The thing is Russia wants UA a LOT more than the EU or the US does which is why the EU and US are paying it a lot of lip service and agitating but not really doing anything. It gives the appearance of concern without the commitment.

True - unfortunately.

While I agree to some extent with some posters about how detrimental the US has been in some of its foreign endeavours, one thing it hasn't done for a long time is try to remap borders or annex territory to become part of the US itself.  If Putin was such a peacemaker he would surely withdraw his troops and leave Ukraine to pick up the pieces, having already achieved his aim of destabilising the country (and sending it close to bankruptcy).  However, I agree with so many other commenters that he has probably gone so far already that he would lose too much face amongst his own people if he pulled out now - and that, of course, is amongst the ones who count (i.e. those who actually know that there ARE Russian troops in Ukraine).

Offline fathertime

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2669 on: February 25, 2015, 07:46:35 PM »

ftfy mate ,
mr putin started this aggression off , in time im sure his role in the snipers on maiden will be fully revealed , his actions show his intent ,

ours must match his IMO , if he is to be stopped

SX

Sounds like you already have your mind made up before the evidence....not atypical.

Fathertime!   

lordtiberius

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2670 on: February 25, 2015, 08:32:45 PM »
True - unfortunately.

People are getting tired of the Russian President's nonsense

Offline southernX

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2671 on: February 25, 2015, 08:41:54 PM »

Sounds like you already have your mind made up before the evidence....not atypical.

Fathertime!

FT,

you still on here banging away at your little keyboard  hey ??
bloody hell  ;D   ,

keep bashing them little keys if it gives you enjoyment  :( :( :( :(, thats a good fellow  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

SX
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

Offline fathertime

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2672 on: February 25, 2015, 08:47:29 PM »
FT,

you still on here banging away at your little keyboard  hey ??
bloody hell  ;D   ,

keep bashing them little keys if it gives you enjoyment  :( :( :( :( , thats a good fellow  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

SX

Thank you...I shall do just that!

I doubt my keyboard is smaller than yours...

You did admit to having your mind made up though without the proof you are 'certain' is forthcoming though.   ;) ;) ;)

Fathertime!

Offline Photo Guy

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2673 on: February 25, 2015, 10:37:04 PM »
There's basically a civil war in Ukraine. You have most of the country interested in democracy, happy with the removal of Yanukovych, happy with the idea of fighting ingrained corruption and happy with the idea of eventually joining the EU. On the other hand, there is a minority of the population that yearns for the Soviet Union and doesn't care about freedom of speech, freedom to protest, and thinks Putin is a good leader. The majority want to progress towards the future while the other wants to regress back to a Soviet era. I think nationalists are in the majority. The elections have shown us that. Separatists are in the minority and here's the thing: Russia and their strong military support the separatist minority. It's out of balance. the Russian military is stronger than the Ukrainian military. The Ukrainians who support a united Ukraine are strongly motivated to keep the country together. To maintain a balance, the West must arm Ukraine now. Otherwise, military superiority will allow the separatist minority to expand their territory. In my opinion, the Ukrainian should act stronger in a more definitive way- draw a line. Tell the rebels that if they try to invade Mariupol, utilities to Donbas will be eliminated. Make the strong connection between military expansion and retaliatory reaction.

Offline Photo Guy

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2674 on: February 25, 2015, 10:59:01 PM »

You are mislabeling in an effort to discredit.  If anything you have shown yourself to be VERY biased, and perhaps even hate-filled. 

Many people (including Western leaders) are concerned about escalating for the very reason that it will prompt a further escalation from Russia.  If i'm a 'conspiracy theorist' for thinking along those lines, then so be it...but don't forget to also label many of the Western representatives as well. 

Fathertime!

Unfortunately, the West does need to stand up to the bully in the neighborhood. If not, the bully will continue to act without regard to international protests. What are the stakes for Russia? Is Putin doing this just to manipulate the support of the Russian people? What is the psychology of the war, of Putin's ambitions?

I see it this way: Putin is a neo-com. He is ex-KGB, ex-Soviet. So he's a glorified KGB/Soviet/King who sees the cradle of his Russian civilization, Kievan Rus, wanting to be a Western-styled democracy and preferring to trade with the EU.!!!!   For Putin this is a mind-f#k.  So his Russian bride- Ukraine, wants to be with another man instead, a western man. Or more accurately, Russia's Ukrainian possession, wants its freedom. Putin cannot handle the pscychology and maybe most Russians can't handle the idea of their cousins wanting a Western-style democracy, rather than Putin's pseudo-democracy. Putin's tanks represent his inability to accept his cousins' choice of an ideology contrary to his own. It's about ideology rather than the fake concept of a military threat from NATO.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541451
Total Topics: 20864
Most Online Today: 1973
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 9
Guests: 1905
Total: 1914

+-Recent Posts

Re: Trippin in St Pete by krimster2
Yesterday at 12:26:08 PM

Re: Trippin in St Pete by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:34:19 AM

Trippin in St Pete by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 06:20:16 AM

Re: Hard work -- How can I explain this to my Russian wife? by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 01:03:56 AM

Re: Trippin in St Pete by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 01:01:18 AM

Hard work -- How can I explain this to my Russian wife? by 2tallbill
April 28, 2024, 01:53:18 PM

Russian/Ukranian women - views on sex before marriage? by 2tallbill
April 28, 2024, 10:57:05 AM

Russian/Ukranian women - views on sex before marriage? by 2tallbill
April 28, 2024, 10:55:23 AM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
April 28, 2024, 10:11:31 AM

Re: international travel by krimster2
April 28, 2024, 09:44:27 AM