It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Planning a first visit  (Read 43126 times)

Offline DearGod

• Banned Member
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: None (yet)
Re: Planning a first visit
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2016, 05:52:54 PM »
My ex would go to her mums and cook me these. Mince meat in the center, not sure why she kept using sugar, i persisted she should use salt but she never listened.She used to cook me breakfast, and spend her own money getting us some pastries for the morning.

She was a good cook. She wouldn't let me spend money on her, we met up in a shopping mall, took a walk, i told her" i am going up stairs i need to use the toilet, you can go ahead", went to grab some roses to surprise her with. Her response was priceless, she had a bit of a smirk and said "don't waste your money", that was her response whenever i tried to get something for her, she wouldn't even take my metro ticket, she was staying at her aunties, so she had a few trips to make back home.  Her excuse was, she only would want me to spend money on her if we were married, otherwise it would be a waste, she kept this attitude till the end. 

Only difference i noticed with Ukrainian women and russian, is russians have just more money. Russia has less women eager for a age gap from what i seen browsing profiles. The women i get on with are mostly financially good for fsuw.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 06:03:31 PM by DearGod »

Offline danieln_2000

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2016, 06:56:33 PM »
At first, I was worried this thread would degenerate into RW vs UW. However it is interesting to hear personal experience from people. And, I have the belief that there is likely no single place that an amazing woman could not be found. Having said that, depending on what happens with this trip, I may consider the Ukraine for a follow-up visit.

UW are much more hard working than are RW around the house.

I had several RW in my apartments, and only 1 or 2 out of 10 would volunteer to cook, tidy up a bit, etc.  They were very big on going out to restaurants.

With UW, it was 9 out of 10 who would readily volunteer to cook, tidy up, etc., and even wash my underclothes by hand in the tub or bathroom sink. They often would say restaurants were too expensive and they wanted to take care of their man themselves.

Of course each woman differs...

This makes me think that if I don't get an apartment this time, I should consider getting one for the next trip. Just as a way to try and learn more about a woman quicker.

Offline I/O

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2016, 10:04:52 PM »
Iwas worried this thread would degenerate into RW vs UW.
Back in the day they would invariably degenerate into VM vs VO (visit many vs visit one) arguments.

I would like to have fun learning about another culture and country.
Do that first and foremost - I haven't been around here much of recent times but if you go back, for 10 or more years I've advocated exactly this for a first trip. Fact finding / familiarisation project - if a romantic encounter(s) occurs then great but don't get hung up on it. By doing this, you'll gain a much clearer picture and refine the settings on your BS filter which will ultimately benefit you and potentially Mrs U.

Offline Yes

« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2016, 04:26:46 AM »
Honestly, what I've mentioned before is my clients' statement and I agree with them 100%.  Everybody has own opinion and it is normal, no sense to argue about that.
Я здесь, чтобы не спорить с вами. вы просто пытаетесь привлечь больше людей для Вашего бизнеса. понял

Я надеюсь, что в будущем, вы будете думать немного больше о том, а не о том что происходит между Украиной и Россией

все лучшее для вас
« Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 04:47:34 AM by Yes »

Offline Yes

« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2016, 04:28:47 AM »
It's Sunday, which means I have some time to post a reply or two.

So what is your point? Americans can go to Ukraine visa free. That is another $300 expense depending on what it takes to obtain it.
Like I said, it's not that big of a deal. I have had many visas of all types and never has it influenced my decision to go to Ukraine or Russia. IOW, it's a non-issue.

I'd love to agree with you on the other but then that would make us both wrong.
If an old man from Italy had made the same statement, I'd seriously doubt I'd be reading or responding to your nonsense.

And while your faux chilvary is faux honorable, it's misplaced.

The rest is all subjective and Mila believes what she believes. You believe what you believe.
It has nothing to do with beliefs.

If I come on a forum and say "all Canadian women are more beautiful and make better wives than American women", not only would it be a ridiculous statement, it's flat out not true. I would expect to be called on it as well.

That it's purely an individual thing is also at the core of my motivation to respond like I did. And that is my point sir; not to flame as you put it. Actually, I said nothing even remotely disparaging directly to the lady; I only disagreed with her and found her remarks overall more imflammatory than mine.

Had the fair lady simply said "come to Ukraine and you will find the women beautiful and great wife material" then no problem. But, to infer that Russian women, or any woman from any other country doesn't stack up to Ukrainian women is absurd. And it makes no difference to me if the absurdity comes from an old ugly man or a sweet young thing.

Maybe you will recognize your own absurdity. Because, what you're basically saying, since you're married to a RW and agree with Mila, is that all Ukrainian women are better looking and make better wives than your own.

Really, your reply to me is/was contradictory in and of itself as you say it's an indivdual thing (my point) and then side with Mila who, IMO, made a crazy blanket statement. Strange.

I know many Russian and Ukrainian women and could not call either as a group prettier or morally superior and I am married to a RW.
Thanks again for making my point, yet failing to even understand it.

And I doubt you know many. I'm sure you've met a few women through your wife and had a few conversations with a few others, but you don't know that many on a personal level.

Вы можете рассказать мне о людях, которых вы встречали или  с которыми вам довелось поработать за эти годы ...на русском языке?

Я уверен, что у вас есть некоторый опыт проживания в странах бывшего Советского Союза, как и я. Я уверен, что мы могли бы встретиться, выпить пива и поговорить о нашем опыте...на русском языке.

Я уверен, что у вас есть много интересных историй о русской или украинской культуре и обычаях, и вы расскажете мне о ваших больших приключениях ... на русском языке. Да, я уверен, что я будете впечатлены вашим глубоким знанием страны и народа.

If not, excuse me if I don't think of your knowledge and experience about the FSU, its culture or its people, as anything more than a passing fancy.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2016, 05:47:56 AM »
This makes me think that if I don't get an apartment this time, I should consider getting one for the next trip. Just as a way to try and learn more about a woman quicker.

Hotels are good choice for first time, unless you are going for a long time or fairly certain your definitely meeting someone that might lead to something and a hotel room would be awkward. Think in any case I vaguely recall somewhere that its often less of an issue for women in Russia in big cities like SPB or Moscow than Ukraine. Apparently down to a somewhat more business orientation or something. I think in any case that a hotel is more manageable first time instead of trying to find an apartment. There's receptionists there, etc so always a point of call. FSU cities are big cities so go for one right in the very centre, the touristy area as it will be buzzing with stuff to do rather than feeling out on a limb in some generic looking area. Go for a good quality hotel as well, at least three star, four preferable, you'll feel better as a result, also a double bedroom preferably even a small suite room can be good as again a better feel I find than a pokey single bed room. For me although I'm not one to want to spend out loads of cash getting a decent room that makes me feel happy is important as it creates a more positive frame of mind that is helpful when out on the search, or at least in a foreign country. Look in the reviews of hotels for staff that speak English, if it looks like there are a lot of reviews all pointing to few English speaking staff probably look at another hotel I would say. Also reviews of friendly staff important as well, particular if also English speaking, a hotel that seems well predisposed towards English guests (not just facilities) can help a lot I think. Going down each day to meet miserable staff who speak little no English is not what you'd want so avoid those if any reviews point too much to that. Hotels with an English name also handy for pronouncing to taxi Driver or passers by if you get lost, but of course look at the whole picture as well. Big hotels or particularly attractive ones also better for being more widely known.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2016, 12:41:49 PM »
It's Sunday, which means I have some time to post a reply or two.
Like I said, it's not that big of a deal. I have had many visas of all types and never has it influenced my decision to go to Ukraine or Russia. IOW, it's a non-issue.
 If an old man from Italy had made the same statement, I'd seriously doubt I'd be reading or responding to your nonsense.

And while your faux chilvary is faux honorable, it's misplaced.
 It has nothing to do with beliefs.

If I come on a forum and say "all Canadian women are more beautiful and make better wives than American women", not only would it be a ridiculous statement, it's flat out not true. I would expect to be called on it as well.

That it's purely an individual thing is also at the core of my motivation to respond like I did. And that is my point sir; not to flame as you put it. Actually, I said nothing even remotely disparaging directly to the lady; I only disagreed with her and found her remarks overall more imflammatory than mine.

Had the fair lady simply said "come to Ukraine and you will find the women beautiful and great wife material" then no problem. But, to infer that Russian women, or any woman from any other country doesn't stack up to Ukrainian women is absurd. And it makes no difference to me if the absurdity comes from an old ugly man or a sweet young thing.

Maybe you will recognize your own absurdity. Because, what you're basically saying, since you're married to a RW and agree with Mila, is that all Ukrainian women are better looking and make better wives than your own.

Really, your reply to me is/was contradictory in and of itself as you say it's an indivdual thing (my point) and then side with Mila who, IMO, made a crazy blanket statement. Strange.
Thanks again for making my point, yet failing to even understand it.

And I doubt you know many. I'm sure you've met a few women through your wife and had a few conversations with a few others, but you don't know that many on a personal level.

Вы можете рассказать мне о людях, которых вы встречали или  с которыми вам довелось поработать за эти годы ...на русском языке?

Я уверен, что у вас есть некоторый опыт проживания в странах бывшего Советского Союза, как и я. Я уверен, что мы могли бы встретиться, выпить пива и поговорить о нашем опыте...на русском языке.

Я уверен, что у вас есть много интересных историй о русской или украинской культуре и обычаях, и вы расскажете мне о ваших больших приключениях ... на русском языке. Да, я уверен, что я будете впечатлены вашим глубоким знанием страны и народа.

If not, excuse me if I don't think of your knowledge and experience about the FSU, its culture or its people, as anything more than a passing fancy.

Your comment here-

http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?topic=21301.msg447909#msg447909

was just as subjective and inflammatory as the one you criticize.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 01:18:37 PM by Boethius »
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Online krimster2

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2016, 02:12:29 PM »
"Вы можете рассказать мне о людях, которых вы встречали или  с которыми вам довелось поработать за эти годы ...на русском языке?

Я уверен, что у вас есть много интересных историй о русской или украинской культуре и обычаях, и вы расскажете мне о ваших больших приключениях ... на русском языке. Да, я уверен, что я будете впечатлены вашим глубоким знанием страны и народа."

ona mozhet, yesli ona khochet, i, veroyatno, gorazdo luchshe, chem angliyskiy yazyk razmeshcheniya zdes'!

And I would recommend Obolon over Baltika!  So take that!!

Offline Yes

« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2016, 04:20:43 AM »
Your comment here-

http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?topic=21301.msg447909#msg447909

was just as subjective and inflammatory as the one you criticize.
I disagree. It's just your opinion nothing more.

I have never posted that all Ukrainian women coming from proletarian cities are gutter snipes. But, if a woman displays certain behaviors, then yes, you can make the assumption.  Most FSUW would say the same about a woman who runs off to party on weekends when she has a child at home, and scams clothing stores to make extra cash.  YVMV on the wonderful qualities of such a bride.
Yes, not all, just many in your opinion judging by some of your comments.

Seems you agree with me and my initial statement (actually counter point since I responded to an initial statement) which you have deemed so flammable :rolleyes:.

ona mozhet, yesli ona khochet, i, veroyatno, gorazdo luchshe, chem angliyskiy yazyk razmeshcheniya zdes'!

And I would recommend Obolon over Baltika!  So take that!!
Ouch, you sure showed me. How can I ever compete with someone with such a command of the language as you? And as soon as I locate a cryptologist to make sense of this gibberish and what it actually has to do with what I wrote, I'll get back to you.

As far as beer goes, well, you're an American (I think), and the 3 best selling beers in America are Bud Light, Coors Light, and Budweiser. Nuff said. 
« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 04:29:43 AM by Yes »

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2016, 09:04:02 AM »
I disagree. It's just your opinion nothing more.

You said almost the exact same thing.  So it's not just an opinion.
Yes, not all, just many in your opinion judging by some of your comments.

Seems you agree with me and my initial statement (actually counter point since I responded to an initial statement) which you have deemed so flammable :rolleyes: .

Irrelevant to your post.  But no, I don't agree that UW are "morally worse" than RW.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Online krimster2

« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2016, 09:16:03 AM »
Da (Yes)

You really don’t know very much about American beers, now do ‘ya?  All that ale warmin’ on the stove musta’ dulled the ole gullivar a bit, forget about which mass market beer sells the most, I don’t know anyone who touches that stuff, here, this’ll help:

http://www.beeradvocate.com/lists/style/38/
http://www.ratebeer.com/Ratings/TopAmerican.asp

Anyhow, you shouldn’t have to go to Bletchley Park and dig up the ole’ Enigma Secret Decoder Ring, it’s my attempt at phonetic Russian, which if you’re a Russian speaker, to, chto vy mozhete ponyat! (I don’t remember how to use my keyboard in Cyrillic, I did many years ago, but forgot, and I’m too lazy to go and learn it again)

Anyhow, seems to me that your message(s) are really about your antagonism about anything not Russian, which of course means just about everything. 

So what’s your story moy droog?  Have you gone over to the dark side?

Offline JohnDearGreen

• It's 5 o'clock somewhere...
« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2016, 06:38:59 PM »
.... its often less of an issue for women in Russia in big cities like SPB or Moscow than Ukraine. Apparently down to a somewhat more business orientation or something.   

I would say its best to schedule any out-of-town ladies first.  If you meet a local lady first, she will wonder why you aren't calling her during the days you are meeting the other ladies.  Out of town ladies are usually there for a specific number of days, and easier to manage scheduling.

I would agree about the hotels (above).   Years back met a redhead dentist from Volgograd, I had emailed a few times.  She was in Moscow at same time for some dental convention.  She owned her own practiice.  She had no problem with going up to my room.   Elevator guy stopped her a second, but she told him where to go. 

Offline danieln_2000

« Reply #37 on: October 24, 2016, 07:01:06 PM »
I would say its best to schedule any out-of-town ladies first.  If you meet a local lady first, she will wonder why you aren't calling her during the days you are meeting the other ladies.  Out of town ladies are usually there for a specific number of days, and easier to manage scheduling.

That's an excellent point. Thank you.

Offline danieln_2000

« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2016, 06:22:18 PM »
Would anyone have any recommendations on how to find a translator in Moscow? I will be meeting a woman whom I'm not sure how good her English is. I've been around enough foreigners to be OK being around someone who doesn't speak English very well. However, if there appears that there might be interest, it would be nice to be sure that at least some of the time we can clearly communicate with each other.

Offline Larry1

Finding an interpreter in Moscow
« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2016, 06:32:03 PM »
Quite possibly some members can recommend an interpreter, but if not you can look at fiverr.com.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2016, 08:12:50 PM »
Would anyone have any recommendations on how to find a translator in Moscow?

I know a guy named "Google" who has a few ideas. Google (translator moscow russia tourist guide) or similar to get some sites who offer translators for hire. I suggest staying away from agency translators who may try to get you to fail with the girl you'll meet and get you to date their women.

I will be meeting a woman whom I'm not sure how good her English is.

Before hiring anybody, I suggest you call or Skype with her often. You won't regret it and you can build a friendship with her before the visit improving your chances things go well. I've had women hesitant to give me their phone number for the reason that they don't speak English well. I was surprised in many cases they spoke English good enough for me to understand. In other cases where the English was bad, I could still understand if they were excited to hear my voice or not. If they didn't give me their phone number or was excited I called, I would not visit them.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline msmob

« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2016, 04:54:59 AM »
Welcome, Daniel

When you are a newbie- no question is daft or stupid..

I agree 3 days is just too short - try for longer - if you can

I would stay at a hotel for the first trip - until you get your feet.  The points concerning women's attitudes to being invited up to your room are valid - but that depends on the two of you ...;)

Moscow or Kyiv ?

I'd decide by the women you hope to meet ..

Russia - you'll need a Visa- no big deal - but loads of guys get put off by this

Kyiv is smaller and - I think - easier for you - for a first trip

Remember - it's where the woman is that interests you the most that is important - not which country she lives in ..

Keep asking questions and don't be surprised when us 'experts' just fighting over which advice is best .... that depends on you and 'her' ...

Whatever you do .... do not send big money to a blind date ... by all means pay for her taxi / ticket - if she has come a long way ...There are services in Kyiv and Moscow where you can order taxis - in Englsh - who will quote fares...

Whichever city you use - the 'subway' / mero system is - normally- the fastest way around

Offline oso

« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2016, 05:50:35 AM »
Hello and welcome,

My information to you is from Ukraine. The longer you can stay, the better. In Kyiv you can find anything. It is easy to meet a woman. I would troll the food courts in the malls. The world cafe' or sit on a wall going down to metro. But if I were to look for a woman...travel west! But for a first timer stick to Kyiv if that is where your first visit takes you.

Use airbnb to find an apartment....it will be cheaper than a hotel...and you might meet a neighbor :)

Never use any taxi in the airport area.....order a taxi, they will tell what it cost before you get in one...right now it is about 200UAH to city center from the airport....or ride Skybus to the train station for 65UAH and take metro.

Your woman should be able to meet you at the airport....if she can't, i would be suspicious. Most women will be so excited that you are visiting them....it doesn't really happen that much.

Treat your trip like a vacation.....Just because you come from the other side of the world doesn't mean your date owes you something....Remember it is as just you took the bus across town

Offline GatoMoon

« Reply #43 on: November 02, 2016, 06:07:34 AM »
Ukraine is much better, believe me. First, you don't need visa, second, Ukraine is more European and open country and the most important is Ukrainian women are better looking and much better wives. I think it is also easy to get to Ukraine! So, please, think about that. Good luck!

and also more scammers unfortunately !!!

Offline GatoMoon

« Reply #44 on: November 02, 2016, 06:11:56 AM »

Your woman should be able to meet you at the airport....if she can't, i would be suspicious. Most women will be so excited that you are visiting them....it doesn't really happen that much.

+1

Offline olgaavel

« Reply #45 on: November 03, 2016, 12:42:05 PM »
First of all, I am Russian.After reading many posts I  am really surprised.Some guys try to give many absolutely silly advices.You should know how currently the situation stand in Russia.I think, currently to plan to go to Russia is very stupid idea.The  situation in Russia has changed much. Yes, view years ago you could be able to do like this. However, this time can bring you only many problems and damages you so much.Most russians  consider Americans like enemies, so there are some events when Americans who came to Russia were returned back and russian goverment charged from them some penalties even.Do you want to have some problem like this?
If you like extremism you can go to Russia.In my case, I think it is a bad idea.I noticed some guy,in this forum, giving many stupid  advices like considering themself  as  the experts of Russian but I am absolutely positive they  don't understand russian mentality at all.
About Ukraine.I think, probably the girl who said  the situation in Ukraine is different from Russia is right  . You can plan to  your  visit to Ukraine

Offline Larry1

« Reply #46 on: November 03, 2016, 12:58:09 PM »
Hi Olga. Welcome to the forum.

Offline Bounder

« Reply #47 on: November 03, 2016, 01:50:16 PM »

Never use any taxi in the airport area.....order a taxi, they will tell what it cost before you get in one...right now it is about 200UAH to city center from the airport....or ride Skybus to the train station for 65UAH and take metro.

Oh, well that is very interesting.  It tells me something more about the girl I went to meet in Kiev a year and a half ago.  She arranged with a driver from work (apparently) to come with her to fetch me at the airport.  She said the cost was 50USD.  Each way.  I paid.

Live and learn!  :D

Offline ML

« Reply #48 on: November 03, 2016, 02:24:13 PM »
  She said the cost was 50USD.  Each way.  I paid.

But this included sex . . . coming and going.

And you did get screwed.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Hammer2722

• Spouse's Country: Belarus
« Reply #49 on: November 03, 2016, 02:51:17 PM »
But this included sex . . . coming and going.

And you did get screwed.

:ROFL:
every ship can be a minesweeper at least once...

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 9
Guests: 1958
Total: 1967

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM