It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Planning a first visit  (Read 43423 times)

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Planning a first visit
« Reply #125 on: November 11, 2016, 09:37:43 PM »
Why do you spell "great" as "grate"?

You need to read again and think a little.

You are supposed to be smart . . . yes ?
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline jone

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #126 on: November 11, 2016, 10:01:57 PM »
May be smart, but some people great on your nerves.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline papakota

• Banned Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #127 on: November 12, 2016, 06:58:30 AM »
You need to read again and think a little.

You are supposed to be smart . . . yes ?
I don't know. To me it all doesn't make any sense. Why to ban shredded cheese and this "grate" spelling.

Offline Anotherkiwi

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #128 on: November 12, 2016, 07:50:39 AM »
I don't know. To me it all doesn't make any sense. Why to ban shredded cheese and this "grate" spelling.

It's a joke.  :cluebat:  Look up "grate" in the dictionary - it has nothing to do with "great."

Offline papakota

• Banned Member
« Reply #129 on: November 12, 2016, 08:12:30 AM »
It's a joke.  :cluebat:  Look up "grate" in the dictionary - it has nothing to do with "great."
Thanks for explanation! I see now. 'cos I thought he was pro-Trump candidate who couldn't spell.

Offline ML

« Reply #130 on: November 15, 2016, 11:53:01 AM »
Thanks for explanation! I see now. 'cos I thought he was pro-Trump candidate who couldn't spell.

Hey, watch it buddy.
Between the two of us  . . .  you could be in deep do do.

P.S. Pretty tacky from someone who spells cos.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 11:56:15 AM by ML »
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline papakota

• Banned Member
« Reply #131 on: November 15, 2016, 01:12:29 PM »
Hey, watch it buddy.
Between the two of us  . . .  you could be in deep do do.

P.S. Pretty tacky from someone who spells cos.

Sorry if I offended you, but it was just my first impression. It's clear that 'cos means because. It's an accepted abbreviation online. But I'm more than willing to speak to you in Russian and we'll see how you spell it or understand. I bet that my English is somewhat better than your Russian. And who said that we MUST communicate in YOUR language?

Offline Bounder

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #132 on: November 15, 2016, 02:27:54 PM »
Sorry if I offended you, but it was just my first impression. It's clear that 'cos means because. It's an accepted abbreviation online. But I'm more than willing to speak to you in Russian and we'll see how you spell it or understand. I bet that my English is somewhat better than your Russian. And who said that we MUST communicate in YOUR language?

Well, actually it is in the website's Terms of Service:

Rules of Conduct

The 'official' language is of this site is English. The vast majority of our board members are literate in English, hence, posts and communications are expected to be in English. Accommodations may be made for our international visitors to post in other languages in specific sections of the site, but the predominant and 'official' language remains English.

http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?action=ezportal;sa=page;p=41

Personally, I think the wording around the use of English is too strong given the topic focus is Former Soviet Union countries, but you asked, so there it is.

The Make America Great and grate cheese in ML's signature is an English language play on words, which made me chuckle when I first saw it.  I can totally understand, however, why the humour or sense may not be readily apparent to someone using English as a foreign language, even if their abilities were quite advanced.

Offline papakota

• Banned Member
« Reply #133 on: November 15, 2016, 06:10:38 PM »
Bounder,
Thanks for that link. I wasn't serious when I proposed him to communicate in Russian here. What I was trying to say was that he should be more understanding if someone like me doesn't get the meaning of something etc.
In other words, one shouldn't treat me same as an English speaker, since I simply don't understand part of what's being said here. And that signature is a good example. That's all.

Offline Bounder

« Reply #134 on: November 15, 2016, 08:20:05 PM »
Bounder,
Thanks for that link. I wasn't serious when I proposed him to communicate in Russian here. What I was trying to say was that he should be more understanding if someone like me doesn't get the meaning of something etc.
In other words, one shouldn't treat me same as an English speaker, since I simply don't understand part of what's being said here. And that signature is a good example. That's all.

Yes, I agree.  For what it's worth, your English is pretty good.  Carry on.

Offline danieln_2000

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #135 on: November 20, 2016, 11:01:28 AM »
One of our members here who lives in Moscow says to try Angel Taxi at airport. If you are interested in them I can locate info. You must be careful about airport taxi group.

Chicagoguy, thank you for the Angel Taxi suggestion. It feels kind of crazy, I'll be in Moscow this week!

Offline LAman

« Reply #136 on: November 20, 2016, 01:35:31 PM »
Chicagoguy, thank you for the Angel Taxi suggestion. It feels kind of crazy, I'll be in Moscow this week!

There's Uber, Yandex and Gett besides Angel taxi. Most if not all have apps on phone. If you are adventurous, you can take aeroexpress and metro to your hotel/apt. If want easiest route go to taxi counter (official) for ~2100 ruble to destination.
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Offline danieln_2000

« Reply #137 on: November 20, 2016, 10:33:43 PM »
Thank you for the additional suggestions. I feel more comfortable when I walk into a situation and have multiple options. And, I can look into options for future visits.

Offline danieln_2000

« Reply #138 on: December 06, 2016, 04:27:29 PM »
I wanted to provide an update. I just got back from my trip. And, yes it was way too quick. I traveled for business with a side-trip to Moscow. Because of the very short duration of this trip, I decided to only meet one woman. So, I choose one that I knew I wanted to meet. Let’s just call her Ms. Moscow, as I wish to respect her identity and privacy. We had been talking for a while. Because I flew in when I knew she wouldn’t be able to meet me, I arranged to use Angel Taxi. Angel Taxi did a good job of getting me to my hotel. (Although, I probably could have followed the other advice here and gotten to my hotel via a cheaper method.) That evening Ms. Moscow met me at my hotel for a drink in the Restaurant. Fortunately, I brought her a small gift. As, she also had brought me a gift. The next 3 days we spent exploring Moscow together. It was a lot of fun. Google translate, along with patience made for a wonderful experience. I am not sure what will happen between the two of us. We both would like to see each other again. I have been home for less than 24 hours, I haven’t had a chance to make any follow-up plans yet. Due to some last-minute changes, I did not go to Kiev this trip.

Regardless of where this relationship goes, it was an amazing trip that I hope to remember forever. And while I would like this relationship to work out, I do have to keep in mind I am looking for a good long-term woman. As opposed to trying to make a relationship work with the most recent girl that I just happened to meet (and also like). So, now I am on the process of learning more about her to see where this might go.

Another nice bonus for actually going out and doing something, is that if this doesn’t work out for any reason. I know a lot more about how to start this process over again.

I would consider my first visit a success. And, I owe at least part of the success, and some of the craziness to actually do this, to the people on this website.

I would like to mention a lesson that I observed. On the return flight to the US, Norwegian airlines outsourced the route to Hi Fly. Anyone who pre-ordered a meal was served food on the flight. And, anyone who was planning on purchasing a meal on the flight, was left without food for a long flight. (They had neglected to put extra food onto the airplane.) There were people who were told in the air that they would have to make the entire trip with no food. (They were planning to purchase the food en-route.)  Based on what I saw on this flight, I would recommend everyone travel with a little bit of food, just in case they should need it. I do want to give a credit to the crew of Hi Fly, they did their best to make sure everyone had something. Some people just had some extra dessert. Chocolate cake is better than nothing. And extra meals were distributed to people. I recommend traveling with some granola bars or similar food that can easily be eaten should the need arise.

You guys are awesome here, thank you for all of the helpful suggestions.

Offline Anotherkiwi

« Reply #139 on: December 06, 2016, 04:44:23 PM »
Glad you had such a great trip!  We're probably all voyeuristic enough to want to know how this relationship progresses.

...Based on what I saw on this flight, I would recommend everyone travel with a little bit of food, just in case they should need it...I recommend traveling with some granola bars or similar food that can easily be eaten should the need arise.

Sounds sensible, but you will find that some countries simply won't allow this to happen because of security or concerns about possible environmental contamination (e.g. you cannot bring any sort of fresh food into New Zealand - it must be dumped in the appropriate agricultural bins in the arrivals area).  Chocolate should be OK, but muesli bars or similar may contain individual ingredients which are prohibited.  You'll just have to make sure that you eat everything before you disembark.  8)

Offline danieln_2000

« Reply #140 on: December 06, 2016, 05:16:24 PM »
Sounds sensible, but you will find that some countries simply won't allow this to happen because of security or concerns about possible environmental contamination...You'll just have to make sure that you eat everything before you disembark.

That's good to be aware of.

Online Faux Pas

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #141 on: December 06, 2016, 05:23:58 PM »
I wanted to provide an update. I just got back from my trip. And, yes it was way too quick. I traveled for business with a side-trip to Moscow. Because of the very short duration of this trip, I decided to only meet one woman. So, I choose one that I knew I wanted to meet. Let’s just call her Ms. Moscow, as I wish to respect her identity and privacy. We had been talking for a while. Because I flew in when I knew she wouldn’t be able to meet me, I arranged to use Angel Taxi. Angel Taxi did a good job of getting me to my hotel. (Although, I probably could have followed the other advice here and gotten to my hotel via a cheaper method.) That evening Ms. Moscow met me at my hotel for a drink in the Restaurant. Fortunately, I brought her a small gift. As, she also had brought me a gift. The next 3 days we spent exploring Moscow together. It was a lot of fun. Google translate, along with patience made for a wonderful experience. I am not sure what will happen between the two of us. We both would like to see each other again. I have been home for less than 24 hours, I haven’t had a chance to make any follow-up plans yet. Due to some last-minute changes, I did not go to Kiev this trip.

Regardless of where this relationship goes, it was an amazing trip that I hope to remember forever. And while I would like this relationship to work out, I do have to keep in mind I am looking for a good long-term woman. As opposed to trying to make a relationship work with the most recent girl that I just happened to meet (and also like). So, now I am on the process of learning more about her to see where this might go.

Just a word of caution. Don't think you need to cast a wider net or play the field at this juncture. You sound really interested in this woman but really non committal. Get back and see this woman asap if you enjoyed her. Keep looking and lose her. You liked her, she like you pursue this one. Forget everything else.

There are no hard and fast rules but keep in mind finding a connection with anyone of the opposite sex in life is getting rarer and rarer. Lighting seldom strikes in the same place.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #142 on: December 06, 2016, 09:53:59 PM »
You guys are awesome here, thank you for all of the helpful suggestions.

No applause please. Just throw money!
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline HoundDaddyLee

« Reply #143 on: January 12, 2017, 11:25:58 AM »
My flight leaves for Minsk in Mid-December. I'll be staying 28 days in Minsk, from Mid-December to Mid-January.

Have my Passport and Belarussian Visa. Have had my round-trip plane tickets for quite awhile now. For you folks saying "I cannot travel to Belarus because it requires a Visa, therefore I must travel to Ukraine because it is Visa-Free"......IMO this is pretty silly, as it was extremely quick and painless for me to get my Belarussian Visa with the help of a local company in my city who did both my Passport and Visa and held my hand every step of the way since I had never done any of this before.

I am extremely excited as this is my first time to ever leave the Continental United States. I am also pretty scared as this is my first time to ever leave the Continental United States. Belarussian Women hold a very special place in my heart. I was never treated with anywhere near the kindness by Ukrainian women as I have been treated by Belarussian women. That could be unique to me as, who knows, on average Ukrainian women might be just as kind and loving as Belarussian women. I dunno, never been to Ukraine or Belarus and have no experience in person. But Belarussian women have been extremely kind to me, many have been like Mother Figures to me since they know I don't know what I am doing, I am absolutely clueless in this endeavor, they know I am very green around the ears and when I get off the plane in Minsk the evening of December 11th, they and I both know I am going to have the terrified "Deer in the Headlights" look on my face.

Anyways, Belarussian women have given me so much good advice. I have become pretty good friends with several Minsk women I met on Mamba and VK. Even though with some of these women, we are well aware we are not compatible as a Husband and a Wife and when we meet, it will strictly be as friends, these Minsk women amaze me as they simply want to help me and have gone out of their way to help me..in particular 2 women, whom after chatting extensively with, we mutually agreed we would not be a good Husband and Wife, but would make terrific, very close friends....these 2 girls just took it upon themselves to introduce me to a few of their very thin/skinny/slender and very cute single (no child, no BF, no husband) girlfriends on VK and did all the legwork for me in writing the initial letters to their GF's on VK, telling them all about me, giving them my VK profile so their GF's could decide for themselves if they wanted to give me a chance and get to know me.

I hear all of this talk about Ukraine and Russia. Easily, greater than 99% of Men in this journey travel to either Russia or Ukraine. It is a shame that less than 1% of Men, in my estimation, travel to Belarus. There are a lot of beautiful, very kind, sweet and loving women in Belarus who very badly want to be Wives and Mothers. I think there is a chance that some of these Western men traveling to Russia and Ukraine could have success if they did pursue a Belarussian woman.

2tallBill, MiniMe just keeps getting more and more handsome. I really enjoy looking at all of the pictures you post of your little Boy. It is just always fun for me to look at little kids' pictures. I hope you continue to post pics of your handsome little Son, as it brings a lot of joy, happiness and laughter into my life to look at his pictures. Thank you Bill so much for sharing a small piece of your life with me and the other members of RWD.

Hey, our Guy did it last night! Trump did it!  :)

TreadmillDude,

Inquiring minds want to know. Did you make the trip? How was it? You seem to have vanished... I just returned from 10 days in Belarus and was curious what your impressions were.

HDL

Offline msmob

« Reply #144 on: January 12, 2017, 11:47:03 AM »
Good point, TMD has gone V.quiet ..

Offline HoundDaddyLee

« Reply #145 on: January 12, 2017, 12:42:45 PM »
Good point, TMD has gone V.quiet ..

Hopefully not locked into an apartment in Minsk.  >:D

HDL

Offline Anotherkiwi

« Reply #146 on: January 12, 2017, 04:15:07 PM »
His last activity here was December 7, and he was supposed to go to Minsk in "mid" December.  Maybe the trip, and the women, were just so exhausting that he hasn't had the energy to turn on his computer since then.  :devil:

Offline HoundDaddyLee

« Reply #147 on: January 12, 2017, 07:05:23 PM »
His last activity here was December 7, and he was supposed to go to Minsk in "mid" December.  Maybe the trip, and the women, were just so exhausting that he hasn't had the energy to turn on his computer since then.  >:D

Nope, I am still voting locked in an apartment. :)

Offline BillyB

« Reply #148 on: January 12, 2017, 09:53:24 PM »
Nope, I am still voting locked in an apartment. :)

I'm voting he's playing a game with us or the women over there. He's made multiple statements here and previously another forum about making a trip only to cancel and plan a trip another time. One time he cancelled because his niece was having a birthday party and wouldn't miss his nieces birthday for the world. I wonder how the FSU woman he was suppose to visit felt losing her man to his niece.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541387
Total Topics: 20862
Most Online Today: 3932
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 2669
Total: 2679

+-Recent Posts

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine by krimster2
Today at 07:36:35 AM

Re: Navigating the longest story ever told by Stirlitz
Today at 02:18:56 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine - Senate just passed the Bill! by Stirlitz
Today at 02:12:24 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine - Senate just passed the Bill! by Trenchcoat
Today at 01:56:55 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine - Senate just passed the Bill! by krimster2
Yesterday at 07:07:31 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 11:31:49 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Manny
Yesterday at 11:07:15 AM

Re: international travel by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:50:04 AM

Re: international travel by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 08:20:37 AM

Re: Trippin........... by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 08:06:00 AM