It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Could this all be true?  (Read 20362 times)

Offline Zeusophobia

Could this all be true?
« on: November 30, 2007, 12:18:53 PM »
So I've recently discovered the wonders of Russian Mail order brides. Let me just start by saying- I'm 24, I make  slightly above average pay, and theirs nothing wrong with me. Sooo I'm guessing if someone's going to be marrying one of those 18 year olds it'd be me. Unless their all after money or somthing (please clear that up for me)

First of all, I want to know if this is true.- Russian/Ukraine women do not have any dumb femenistic ideas, they are less annoying than American women, and if I told one to just stay home all day with the kids while I work this would make her happy? The main reason these girls don't just get a husband in her own country is beceause all Russian men are alchoholics/beaters/lazy?

Also, durring my research I found that theirs about 5x as many Ukraine women up as MOBs as Russians, and Russia has 3x the population of Ukraine. Ukraine is in a worse financial situation than Russia, and Russia is pretty bad as is. This leads me to beleive that alot of the Ukrainain women are in a piss poor situation in their home country and they just want to jump ship to America more than anything.

Also, I'm gunna link some profiles of girls I've found that are unreasonable gorgeous. It is completely unreasonable to think that any of these girls cannot find a man in her own country. If there were 5 good men in their general area they would all probably be competing for one of these girls. There has got to be a catch.

http://yourbride.com/detailgirls.php?girl_id=3596&b_page=10&previewLines=10&age_sel=18&age1_sel=20&height_sel=0&height1_sel=174&weight_sel=0&weight1_sel=0&hair_sel=0&eye_sel=0&child_sel=1&a_edu=0&country=0&a_state=0&languages_sel=0&date_pub=0&city=

http://yourbride.com/detailgirls.php?girl_id=2258&b_page=40&previewLines=10&age_sel=18&age1_sel=20&height_sel=0&height1_sel=174&weight_sel=0&weight1_sel=0&hair_sel=0&eye_sel=0&child_sel=1&a_edu=0&country=0&a_state=0&languages_sel=0&date_pub=0&city=

http://yourbride.com/detailgirls.php?girl_id=1354&b_page=50&previewLines=10&age_sel=18&age1_sel=20&height_sel=0&height1_sel=174&weight_sel=0&weight1_sel=0&hair_sel=0&eye_sel=0&child_sel=1&a_edu=0&country=0&a_state=0&languages_sel=0&date_pub=0&city=

I mean come on, that is just rediculous, look at the first blonde. Nobody even needs to be that beautiful.

Are these girls the supposed scammers? How many girls are supposted to be scammers? Like what I'm tryin to ask is, if I took 10 random gorgeous girls, how many are trying to scam me?

Offline Jazzyclassy

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: Resident
Re: Could this all be true?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2007, 12:47:32 PM »
well with such attitude you need to stay away from these girls, they will definitely scam you :P

Offline acrzybear

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2007, 12:53:56 PM »
You're going to go far with that attitude
« Last Edit: November 30, 2007, 01:35:40 PM by acrzybear »
Necessitas dat ingenium

Offline Zeusophobia

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2007, 01:08:13 PM »
Ok, well I'm 24, and most of you are 40 plus. The only reason I'm looking for a Russian is beceause I want quality and quality is what I will get.

I am 24, I have the typical attitude of a 24 year old American, if you don't like me then don't marry me/ talk to me.

Ok the thing with the pictures was kindof a joke, even though I did want an answer I understand that stuff 70 percent.

But could someone please tell me why so many more Ukrainians than Russians?

Offline catzenmouse

• Victory Park - Omsk
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2007, 01:28:08 PM »
they are less annoying than American women, and if I told one to just stay home all day with the kids while I work this would make her happy?

:ROFL: :selfharm: :ROFL:

The main reason these girls don't just get a husband in her own country is beceause all Russian men are alchoholics/beaters/lazy?

If you want to know the truth it has already been written here a few dozen, more likely hundred, times already. Do some reading and you'll get your answers.

In the end you'll need to get off you butt and go and find out. Do you have a passport? Ever been off this continent? If you answer no to those two question then you have some other things to take care of before you go scouring the net for hotties.

FWIW,
 Ken
"Marriage is that relation between man and woman in which the independence is equal, the dependence mutual, and the obligation reciprocal."
-- Louis K. Anspacher

Offline Shadow

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2007, 01:38:43 PM »
About the profiles. Nr 1 and 3 are average, not a problem concerning pictures. Nr 2 has very professional pics. Unless she does modeling, watch out.

Women in Russia and Ukraine know what they want. They want a guy that is stable in financial and emotional matters. You earn a little more than average, does that mean you will be able to spend 20k in the next year on finding the right woman ?
As far as emotional stability, you are on a limb there. Stop believing agency hype, and start reading what people here tell.
You will find that married guys are equally positive about RW, but in a much more realistic way.

Women are women everywhere. And while work and money are not a nr 1 priority in the FSU, it does not mean RW will sit down and do whatever you tell them. If that is what you want, look to Asia.
No it is not a dog. Its really how I look.  ;)

Offline KenC

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2007, 01:42:36 PM »
Zeus,
Welcome to RWD.  I recommend that you read the FAQS section for some good basic information regarding the pursuit of a woman from the FSU. (Former Soviet Union)  You wrote:
So I've recently discovered the wonders of Russian Mail order brides. Let me just start by saying- I'm 24, I make  slightly above average pay, and theirs nothing wrong with me. Sooo I'm guessing if someone's going to be marrying one of those 18 year olds it'd be me. Unless their all after money or somthing (please clear that up for me)
  While you ponder the "wonders" also ponder the horrors" of finding a wife over seas.  As any where, yes, there are some that are after the money more than the man.

First of all, I want to know if this is true.- Russian/Ukraine women do not have any dumb femenistic ideas, they are less annoying than American women, and if I told one to just stay home all day with the kids while I work this would make her happy? The main reason these girls don't just get a husband in her own country is beceause all Russian men are alchoholics/beaters/lazy?
My, my my, you HAVE been reading the agency sites now haven't you? :D  Most fsuw do not have the same feminist views as their American sisters.  Not all fsuw women are career driven, but some are.  Not all RM are losers.  In fact, many are good looking, charming and very well educated.

Also, durring my research I found that theirs about 5x as many Ukraine women up as MOBs as Russians, and Russia has 3x the population of Ukraine. Ukraine is in a worse financial situation than Russia, and Russia is pretty bad as is. This leads me to beleive that alot of the Ukrainain women are in a piss poor situation in their home country and they just want to jump ship to America more than anything.
Even though the economies of both countries have improved greatly in recent years, Russia is in an overall better economic condition than Ukraine.  There are many other former Republics of the Soviet Union that are in worse condition than Ukraine however.

Also, I'm gunna link some profiles of girls I've found that are unreasonable gorgeous. It is completely unreasonable to think that any of these girls cannot find a man in her own country. If there were 5 good men in their general area they would all probably be competing for one of these girls. There has got to be a catch.

http://yourbride.com/deta...&date_pub=0&city=

I mean come on, that is just rediculous, look at the first blonde. Nobody even needs to be that beautiful.

Yes, it is true that there are many beautiful and available women in the fsu
Are these girls the supposed scammers? How many girls are supposted to be scammers? Like what I'm tryin to ask is, if I took 10 random gorgeous girls, how many are trying to scam me?
Some are scammers and some are not.  You will never know for sure until you begin to communicate with them and eventually go to meet them in person.  There are some agencies that are more respected than others, but there can be scammers any where.  There also can be sincere women on a less respectable site too.

My suggestion is for you to read as much of this site as you possibly can, so you can begin to understand the dynamics of what it takes to do this.  Your information here will be much much more grounded than the agency hype you have already read.  Good luck.
KenC
You are a den of vipers and thieves-Andrew Jackson on banks
Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies-Thomas Jefferson

Offline ScottinCrimea

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2007, 02:01:24 PM »
Okay, I'll tackle this one:  Zeus, just so you know, I'm one of the guys in my 40's.  I'm married to a Ukrainian woman, have a teenage Ukrainian daughter and have lived there for a couple of years.

RW tend to be more mature than AW so many might consider you too young and/or immature for them.  Some of your comments, though typical of a 24 year old AM, would tend to confirm this.  I don't know what you would consider slightly above average pay, but this isn't just a "place your order and wait for the delivery" process.  It involves a significant amount of time, effort and money to succeed.  At the young age range that you would be looking at, they tend to be more materialistic than the older women, but this is extremely variable, just like anywhere else.  some will suck you dry just for the pleasure of doing it and some will be more thrifty than anyone you can imagine.  What you will find will depend on what you go looking for

FSU women, while not holding the traditional western feminist views, are some of the most independent, strong-willed women you will ever meet. They see the roles of women and men as equal and are generally more willing to act in the woman's role, and they also aren't afraid to look and act feminine, but this doesn't mean you can control them or walk over them.  The minute you try this or fail to act in your role as a man, they will either eat you alive or just walk away.  And when they walk away, they don't look back.  If you're looking for a housekeeper/sex slave/mother of your children, best to stop right now.  You need to realize that many of these women are very intelligent and extremely well educatedI have met plenty of Russian men who I am sure are better looking than you, smarter than you, harder working than you and richer than you.  I've seen many who are great husbands and fathers.  The problem is that there are not enough in supply to meet the demand.  A significant issue is that the women expect someone who can support a family, and with the current economical situation, that can be difficult. Other women just have a more expanded view of the world and see no reason not to look beyond their borders, the same as you seem to be doing now.
I don't believe your estimate of the numbers of Ukrainian vs Russian women on websites is accurate but maybe others can comment on this.  I will say that the economic situation in Ukraine isn't as bad as you seem to think, and many of these women lead quite nice lives there.  When I married my wife I moved to Ukraine because she preferred it over the US and in fact so did I.  While many do see increased opportunities in the US, it doesn't mean they are willing to "jump ship", leave their culture, family and friend when the first American with a little money makes the offer.  If you think you can just wave your blue passport and women will come running, you're wrong.
To be honest, the girls whose profiles you posted I would consider as average in Ukraine - no, seriously!  For whatever reason, the FSU has an abundance of gorgeous women.  The first time I traveled to Ukraine my jaw was dropping every couple of minutes.  Of course they can find men in their own country, but they are looking for something more for whatever reason.  Bear in mind that RM have been spoiled by the numbers of gorgeous women there and what you see as drop dead gorgeous, they see as just another of the many available to them.  What you also don't understand is that because there are so many good looking women, they don't get drooled all over for their looks so they have more balanced personalities and are much more approachable.  If your priority is just looks, you're going to miss out on a lot of these "average" girls that have a lot more to offer

http://yourbride.com/detailgirls.php?girl_id=3596&b_page=10&previewLines=10&age_sel=18&age1_sel=20&height_sel=0&height1_sel=174&weight_sel=0&weight1_sel=0&hair_sel=0&eye_sel=0&child_sel=1&a_edu=0&country=0&a_state=0&languages_sel=0&date_pub=0&city=

http://yourbride.com/detailgirls.php?girl_id=2258&b_page=40&previewLines=10&age_sel=18&age1_sel=20&height_sel=0&height1_sel=174&weight_sel=0&weight1_sel=0&hair_sel=0&eye_sel=0&child_sel=1&a_edu=0&country=0&a_state=0&languages_sel=0&date_pub=0&city=

http://yourbride.com/detailgirls.php?girl_id=1354&b_page=50&previewLines=10&age_sel=18&age1_sel=20&height_sel=0&height1_sel=174&weight_sel=0&weight1_sel=0&hair_sel=0&eye_sel=0&child_sel=1&a_edu=0&country=0&a_state=0&languages_sel=0&date_pub=0&city=

How many scammers you run into will depend on where you look and what you look for, as well as what you are willing to overlook.  It's impossible to give you an accurate number.  But I will tell you that there are plenty of gorgeous girls who are sincere if you know how to find them and most important, how to keep them.

Based on what you've written so far, I would recommend that if you are serious about this, you empty your head of all of the agency hype, take some time to study the Russian culture, learn about the process from those who have done it successfully, spend some time getting yourself more stable and then maybe consider it.  You just aren't ready yet.

Offline Zeusophobia

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2007, 02:24:18 PM »
Ok, thanks for the responses so far. Here's what I'm gathering.

I need to learn Russian- I can do that.

I need a ton of money- I make between 80-100,000 a year. I don't have 20,000 a year to throw around. 5000 is reasonable. Could someone please tell me how much it costs for a round trip to the Russia Ukraine area?

Ok, I can beleive the bottom two are average, but the first blonde is REALLY average??? Could someone please show me an example of above average FSU girls? My mind can't comprehend what looks better than those girls.

So I'm supposted to go for an average looking FSUW so I can balance personality with looks. If the girls I posted are really average looking and someone can prove that, then no problem lol. Most people I know would either forget how to talk or burst into siezures upon viewing what is supposted to be considered "average".

Offline KenC

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2007, 02:35:01 PM »

Not totally necessary, but knowing the language opens many more opportunities to you like women that do not speak English.

I need a ton of money- I make between 80-100,000 a year. I don't have 20,000 a year to throw around. 5000 is reasonable. Could someone please tell me how much it costs for a round trip to the Russia Ukraine area?
Many have done this with a lot less.  Read the FAQS section, there is a very good breakdown of expenses.  You can catch a winter (non holiday) flight for under $1K.  You can do a trip for under $5K easily.
Ok, I can beleive the bottom two are average, but the first blonde is REALLY average??? Could someone please show me an example of above average FSU girls? My mind can't comprehend what looks better than those girls.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  Check out the photo thread here to see some real life married RW.

So I'm supposted to go for an average looking FSUW so I can balance personality with looks. If the girls I posted are really average looking and someone can prove that, then no problem lol. Most people I know would either forget how to talk or burst into siezures upon viewing what is supposted to be considered "average".
No one is going to "prove" anything to you.  Read, reserch and come to your own conclusions.
KenC
You are a den of vipers and thieves-Andrew Jackson on banks
Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies-Thomas Jefferson

Offline AnastassiaAsh

• Commercial Member
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2007, 02:56:58 PM »
Wow, you are 24 and making 80-100,000 a year! You must have a place of your own already, right? That's the best start i have ever heard, do you agree, guys?  ;) Where do you work? Just curious...

Offline Zeusophobia

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2007, 03:05:16 PM »
Wow, you are 24 and making 80-100,000 a year! You must have a place of your own already, right? That's the best start i have ever heard, do you agree, guys?  ;) Where do you work? Just curious...

Well I'm actually a diesel mechanic. I learned this while I was in the marine corps for 3 years (division of the US military)

It pays by book hour which basicly means, they pay me for completeing the job, not hourly. If they say fixing an exhaust system is worth $70 and is a 3 hour job, the guy who fixes an exhaust system in an hour gets the same amount of money the guy who fixes it in 4 hours gets.

I don't have a college education though, would this bother a Russian girl even though I make the same as someone who DOES have a college education?

And yeah, I got my own car and place.

Offline BC

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2007, 03:29:15 PM »

Hats off if you can get anywhere near fluent.. (-from someone who uses 3 languages (not Russian) each and every day, married 5 years with a RW).  Stick with someone you can communicate with.  The depth of a relationship is not measured with a ruler.

And yeah, I got my own car and place.

As far as money goes, disposable income is what counts.  The dating part is probably the cheapest (if we're talking a couple years or so..). 

If your 'place' and 'car' include a mortgage and loan don't use 'I got' or other words describing ownership to your future wife.  Explaining monthly payments for something that was described as 'yours' might get tricky.

Offline timothe

• Self honesty is a very elusive thing.
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2007, 03:29:56 PM »
If I were 24 and making 80k to 100k per year, I wouldn't be in any hurry to settle down.  

I started this process at 33.  Now I'm 40 and I'm still not married.  (hopefully soon, though)  I made a number of trips to Russia before I met the girl I want to marry.  

By and large, the women I met were very feminine and were of higher quality overall than what I could date in the USA.  The women there are beautiful and there is lots of them to choose from.  The links you provided may very well be the kind of woman that you could marry.  

But....

There's a lot more to this process than meets the eye.  Way more than I can jam into one post.  And it's not all good.

If I were in your situation, I would plan a vacation to a tourist friendly place like Moscow or Kiev and then once you have bought the tickets, write honest letters to some ladies who reside on recommended agency websites.  Tell these women upfront that you are young and not sure about marriage but that you'd like to meet a single Russian woman with some English skills to see Moscow and have a nice vacation.   It might cost you 5k to 6k for one trip, but then you'd know more about the kind of women that are out there.

Just promise that you won't be a dirty dog while you're there and ruin some nice woman for the next guy.  OK?  

Offline AnastassiaAsh

• Commercial Member
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2007, 05:24:02 PM »
Well, i will agree that you, being 24, still have lots of time to do this. 28-29 I would say is the perfect time for a young man like you to marry. But it is great you are starting this now, it can take some time if you want quality results as you say.

As for education, if you ask me personally, that's almost 1st on my list, but i can comfort you that there will be plenty young beautiful women who don't have high education (or just half of it) who won't place such a significance on this, but on the other hand your financial stability will matter more to her, or for example where you live: big city or a little town, or how you look... My advice - search for ladies who could be your equals.

Offline AnastassiaAsh

• Commercial Member
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2007, 05:33:15 PM »
By the way what's up with Zeusophobia? Do you have this? if you don't mind me asking... I had to google this phobia as i have never heard about it. Or maybe it is just another cool word you decided to use...

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2007, 05:57:38 PM »

Are these girls the supposed scammers? How many girls are supposted to be scammers?

I'd say girls 1 and 3 are average. If hot looking women are scammers, then most the men's women in this forum are scammers and they tricked us into marrying them! Here's my thread with my lady and another thread of other men's beautiful wives and fiancees. Which ladies do you think are scammers?

http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?topic=1303.0

http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?topic=1974.0

Zeusophobia, if you want quality as you mentioned earlier, you need to grow as a person to become attractive mate. Catching a hot looking woman without brains can be difficult, catching a hot looking woman with brains is certainly much more difficult.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline William3rd

• Commercial Member
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2007, 06:54:31 PM »
can anyone give me a link to the ex-lax distributor? I need to finish my Christmas shopping. . . . .

Offline Zeusophobia

« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2007, 08:03:17 PM »
Ok I guess I will put off getting married, I heard Russian women like men who are extreme amounts older than them anyways. This will also give me time to learn the language.

And no I'm not zeusophobic, infact I'm prettymuch the opposite. I just like to use this sn beceause nobodys ever able to pronounce this word and I find it funny.

Offline Lily

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2007, 09:54:06 PM »

Zeusophobia, I think that Yana, at least on those photos, would probably be above average. However, one should hear her talking  :)
Da, da, Canada; Nyet, nyet, Soviet!

Offline Makkin

• Opted-Out
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2007, 12:15:59 AM »

Annastassia gives great advice here Zeus and she has a fine way of getting her ideas to you in a easy way to understand. If I were you I'd listen to her as well as many of the other fine members here.

Semper Fi,

Makkin

My spelling is funny sorry.
FUBAR

Offline thedub

« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2007, 01:31:28 AM »

Actually, if you wanna be impressed by hot (and dubious) FSUW looking for AM... that's not even remotely impressive. (You could go to a dozen other sites and find hundred of other "hotter" women.) But instead... simply read the FAQ sections.. and then go to one of the agencies that most people here approve of:

Elena's
Cindy's Agency
Merry Dating
Kherson Girls ... (just signed up and sent some cash) myself  :P
Lviv Brides
Kiev Connections
Bride.Ru
Ukraineloves.com

Start reading this site like it's for the bar exam. Then ask questions over PM (personal message) or post when you're ready to go... and you'll find a lot of helpful peeps.

Semper Fi, champ!

Offline Shadow

« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2007, 03:49:41 AM »
Ok I guess I will put off getting married, I heard Russian women like men who are extreme amounts older than them anyways. This will also give me time to learn the language.

And no I'm not zeusophobic, infact I'm prettymuch the opposite. I just like to use this sn beceause nobodys ever able to pronounce this word and I find it funny.
Stop reading the agency hype. Russian women like the same age difference as women anywhere else. It is just that the me of young age either do not visit them, or are not mature enough for them.
No it is not a dog. Its really how I look.  ;)

Offline vwrw

• Each post of mine is expression of MHO, not a fact
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2007, 04:37:37 AM »
The gals you listed are pretty average for this endeavor.   As you scout around more you will see that.

There are guys who have been at this a long time.   For me it was a decade.   I see others that get close to that mark.   I think the worst thing may be to meet a gal on the very first trip.   You miss a lot and there is a chance that your newness may let you make a mistake but many have met great women on their first trip.

If you can fix an exhaust in 1 hour that is supposed to be taking 3-4 hours I am not sure I would want you working on my exhaust.   I hope you don't carry that through to the search for a RW.   Take the time to do it right.   It is easier to do a k-1 in two days than it is to change the exhaust that fast but it would be a big mistake. 

There are women who will accept a larger age gap than is customary in the USA but most want a pretty normal age gap.   You have lots of time at  your age.
If you don't understand something, why the other person is the idiot?
~ A member of this forum.

Offline Turboguy

« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2007, 04:40:15 AM »
Ooops, that previous post was me.  I didn't realize that my fiancee was logged in and not me, sorry.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541319
Total Topics: 20860
Most Online Today: 3934
Most Online Ever: 12701