It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Could this all be true?  (Read 20255 times)

Offline deccie

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Could this all be true?
« Reply #125 on: January 13, 2008, 04:50:26 PM »
:ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: LOL this is halarious...!!! BC: yep.....!!! No water shortages in Russia lol. Deccie: Dishwasher won't solve the problem, mine had one in Russia, but she'll wait and wait, it is much too expensive to use more than once per day. Of course running water for 30 minutes to clean 5 cups and a plate costs nothing.

OH man, have you got it all in front of you or what....!!!!!! If your RW leaves your kitchen tidy, then count your blessings. Personally I have never been such a great subsciber to the notion of RW's domesticness. They have their passions in this respect, but they sure ain't the be all and end all when it comes to house keeping. However to be fair, there is a difference between keeping a house and keeping an apartment.

FWIW Deccie, I've found the best way to get what you want or have your suggestion upheld is to avoid engaging in a discussion and simply demonstrate without making too much of a point. Just be pig headed and do it. Mostly, although she won't admit it, she'll watch and pick up the best of your ideas.  Wait a day or two and watch her doing the same thing again and very often you'll notice the technique has changed. If it doesn't, don't sweat it.

I/O

Hmm.. She's in for a surprise when she lives with me then as I am an electricity hog. Back in Aus my bill used to average $400 a quarter. Thankfully my employer pays for that here. (-:

I have used your method in the past but it becomes hard when she snatches whatever implement you are using out of your hands. I end up normally snatching it back and doing it my way anyway. (yes, pig headed like you say)

Offline SANDRO43

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #126 on: January 13, 2008, 05:59:36 PM »
FWIW Deccie, I've found the best way to get what you want or have your suggestion upheld is to avoid engaging in a discussion and simply demonstrate without making too much of a point. Just be pig headed and do it. Mostly, although she won't admit it, she'll watch and pick up the best of your ideas.
Sounds like training chimpanzees ;D.
Milan's "Duomo"

Offline I/O

« Reply #127 on: January 13, 2008, 06:34:10 PM »
Sounds like training chimpanzees ;D.

There is certain similarities. Pretty cute chimps BTW.

Deccie, I dunno 'bout that one, mine would never try to snatch something out of my hand, she simply wouldn't go that far. She'll verbalise me over whatever and I simply answer, yeah whatever, which usually produces a snort and a haughty look for a while, but that's 'bout it. Having said that, I'm always happy to learn a better or easier way to do something and if she comes up with a solid suggestion I'm more than happy to take it on board and try it.

As for $400/quarter electricity accounts.....................oh how I wish mine was $400. 

I/O

Offline SANDRO43

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #128 on: January 13, 2008, 06:54:03 PM »
you come from Aus (Mangos are quite prevalent)
When I was in Caracas, my greengrocer taught me that there are male and female mangoes, females being smaller and juicier (or was it viceversa ?). Are your Oz mangoes also bi-sexuated ? If so, you could always tell your FSU that her way of cutting them is suitable only for the OTHER kind ;).
Milan's "Duomo"

Offline deccie

« Reply #129 on: January 13, 2008, 08:22:31 PM »
When I was in Caracas, my greengrocer taught me that there are male and female mangoes, females being smaller and juicier (or was it viceversa ?). Are your Oz mangoes also bi-sexuated ? If so, you could always tell your FSU that her way of cutting them is suitable only for the OTHER kind ;).

I think your greengrocer was pulling your leg.

There are male and female papaya trees. (and some bisexual ones) but all the mango trees I have ever seen produce male and female flowers and only the female ones develop mangoes and hence seeds.

Offline Turboguy

« Reply #130 on: January 14, 2008, 04:57:58 AM »
Hmm.. She's in for a surprise when she lives with me then as I am an electricity hog. Back in Aus my bill used to average $400 a quarter.
Humm,  someone is in for a surprise, just not so sure you are right about who.  :D

Offline I/O

« Reply #131 on: January 14, 2008, 05:23:58 AM »
Humm,  someone is in for a surprise, just not so sure you are right about who.  :D

And............ain't that the truth...!!!!!!! :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

I/O

Offline chivo

« Reply #132 on: January 14, 2008, 07:51:27 AM »
Yes, those are lovely times..  soapy sponge and constant running water.. thank goodness we have a well and solar water heater.

:P Man can I relate to this. I remember when I moved here and settled into my first apartment. At the time of course I knew no one and pretty much had to fend for myself.

as per my usual dishwashing routine in the states, meaning I'd get around to it when the sink was full and nothing else was available to eat on :o, I'd resort to finally washing the dishes.

Since I had a dishwasher, the rinse, load and push a buttom method was barely manageable but doable for this bachelor 8). Imagine my surprise here when I couldn't even go to the "fill up the sink, throw the dishes in, and let them soak for awhile (you know maybe a day or two ;D) method of my younger years.

So here I was trying to figure out how to wash these dishes. Hmmm, should I fill the bath tub up and do them in there...naw to many dishes. Should I look in Iz Ruk V Ruku ( like the PennySaver in the states), and hire a maid? naw my Russian wasn't good enough then...hmmm, well let me just turn on the water and lather up the sponge and see what happens. BC, I imagine this is how its always been here ;D.

and yes the hot water never ends here, well except for 3 weeks in the summer, but thats another story.

Thank god I have a dishwasher now...my g/f. :flowers:  :whew:

To the original poster:

You have much time to do this. I'm not going to add anything else other than to reiterate learning the culture and language better. Take a trip and see things first hand. I can assure you that the image you have in your head and the truth of the situation are two different realities.

I think you can accomplish what you set out to do, just take your time and learn the rules of the game. Tough to be successful any other way. good luck.

chivo

Offline Jumper

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #133 on: January 14, 2008, 08:25:45 AM »
Oh, you have much to learn, Grasshopper!

KenC

LMAO!
exactly what i was thinking.

deccie ,
i have been married 4 years, and dating her 7..

you have no idea the number of times we have been over the infamous-
you shouldnt care "how" i get it done, just that it IS done
trust me *she* cares ,a LOT, on anything,,even the most insignificant,
 and no , she cant explian why..

LOL

I told her i dont tell my employess how to hold a hammer, or even that they must use a hammer,
just be glad the nail is driven in all the way.. in a timely and safety concious fashion.

while she agrees with the *concept*,
 that does not translate into real life with most RW.
or at least not mine..
 :cluebat:

me? i either try to accomadate how she likes to see something accomplished..
if its not  a big deal either way..why not?
 or I simply do not do it at all..
honestly- it's all   in the initial request, or style of delivery of the message? ;)
if its made a big fuss of for little actual reason, i'll find something else to do or intentionally do it "wrong" for effect..depending on the entertainment value to me.. lol
(and no , i do not expect her to do things *my way*she can do them anyway she wants ..
with no comments even..lol)

and no , it hasn't lessened much with time,,
now of course  you'd think that it would , LOL
makes common sense right? as repetition,, cause and effect being the same each time a scenerio occurs? the fact (that she acknowledges)
that if this *expectation* was relaxed, it would make her own life a bit easier and less stressed.. would seem to assure it would lessen..

but then i am still but a padawan , and yet to catch the fly with the chopsticks.

when i find the resolution , i'll let you know!
LOL

my guess is the cure for cancer will be an over the counter tablet by that time..

I/O-
In my case quite the opposite,everything is cleaned instantly, and maybe twice,
,the house is a hospital operating room..
and goes thru stages of what i call *recreational cleaning* to boot.. :)
(a good thing,but that can be carried too far)
her mother is the same, almost to the point of obsessive compulsive.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2008, 08:32:43 AM by AJ »

Offline KenC

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #134 on: January 14, 2008, 08:31:30 AM »
You know guys, sometimes I understand why Russian men drink so much! :hairraising:
KenC

You are a den of vipers and thieves-Andrew Jackson on banks
Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Jumper

« Reply #135 on: January 14, 2008, 08:36:36 AM »
 :ROFL:

KenC-
i've told my wife that many times!

also why married RM tend to die younger, because they WANT to.. ;)

yes girls we are joking,
but there's an old expression in the west..

cant live with them, cant live without them

;D

Offline KenC

« Reply #136 on: January 14, 2008, 08:41:22 AM »

KenC-
i've told my wife that many times!

also why married RM tend to die younger, because they WANT to.. ;)

yes girls we are joking,
but there's an old expression in the west..

cant live with them, cant live without them

;D

Funny, I always heard it as:
Can't live with em, can't shoot em!
KenC

Offline ScottinCrimea

« Reply #137 on: January 14, 2008, 11:48:04 AM »
Boy does this discussion strike home!  My wife even went so far as to insist that I was preparing a recipe wrong that she had never seen before and that had been taught to me by my mother years ago.  Needless to say, that didn't go over well with me.  I used to fall into these arguments about which way was the correct one.  I once gave her an example by placing two shoes on the floor and asking her which one should be picked up first.  After she chose one I asked her if it would be wrong to pick up the other one first, and of course in her mind it would be, for reasons still not clear to me.  Maybe two days later I learned that she had gotten the point, but of course it didn't stick and just the other day she was telling me how I was using the oven cleaner wrong even though she had never seen or used anything similar before.

But now I have a very simple strategy.  Any time she tells me that I am doing something wrong, I just agree with her and suggest that perhaps from now on she should be the one to do that particular chore to be sure it is done right.  :)

Offline groovlstk

« Reply #138 on: January 14, 2008, 01:20:45 PM »
When I was communicating w/my wife before our first meeting, she'd always ask me what I was having for lunch or dinner and most of the time I'd just say, "a sandwich." She believed that sandwiches were very unhealthy and would often tell me I needed to eat something more healthy.

Fast-forward to the first hour of our first meeting, and my wife is preparing a snack for me before we went out for the first time: sliced bread, sausage, cheese, sliced onions and peppers, etc. I figured I had her beat and pointed out that what she was serving was perfectly representative of one of my sandwiches.

She didn't even blink when she told me that combining all the elements between two slices of bread was unhealthy, but eating each seperately - even during the same meal - was healthy. Needless to say, I learned to pick my spots more carefully after that.

Offline Photo Guy

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #139 on: January 14, 2008, 01:28:06 PM »
Reminds me of the time I learned that Thousand Island dressing
was perfectly fine on spaghetti.
 :hairraising: :ROFL:

Offline timothe

• Self honesty is a very elusive thing.
« Reply #140 on: January 14, 2008, 01:30:57 PM »
Funny, I always heard it as:
Can't live with em, can't shoot em!
KenC

Or as Norm from Cheers used to say:  "Can't live with 'em....pass the Beer Nuts."

Offline Daveman

« Reply #141 on: January 14, 2008, 01:38:45 PM »
Or as Norm from Cheers used to say:  "Can't live with 'em....pass the Beer Nuts."

I always thought that was a great line... and I'm beginning to wonder if this isn't absolutely true!  ;D

My favorite quote of late was in another thread.. posted by Jet I think.. something like..

"No matter how beautiful she is... there's someone somewhere who's tired of her sh!t".. or something like that...  god how true THAT is.. lol 

The duty of a true patriot is to protect his country from its government. -- Thomas Paine

Offline KenC

« Reply #142 on: January 14, 2008, 01:52:55 PM »
I always thought that was a great line... and I'm beginning to wonder if this isn't absolutely true!  ;D

My favorite quote of late was in another thread.. posted by Jet I think.. something like..

"No matter how beautiful she is... there's someone somewhere who's tired of her sh!t".. or something like that...  god how true THAT is.. lol 

um, I thinkthat was me.
KenC

Offline Daveman

« Reply #143 on: January 14, 2008, 02:10:07 PM »
um, I thinkthat was me.
KenC

ooops... Sorry Ken... that line is definitely a classic.  ;D
The duty of a true patriot is to protect his country from its government. -- Thomas Paine

Offline deccie

« Reply #144 on: January 14, 2008, 08:25:14 PM »
You know guys, sometimes I understand why Russian men drink so much! :hairraising:
KenC

I've heard that one before!

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540998
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1968
Total: 1979

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM