It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Raiffeisen Russia, Financial Monitoring and 'security'  (Read 4495 times)

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Raiffeisen Russia, Financial Monitoring and 'security'
« on: May 25, 2018, 02:43:09 AM »
We have a car in Russia - in t'other half's name and she has credit cards - which are cleared once a month

I was using opaltransfer but changed to transferwise - sending money to her Raiffeisen DEBIT card - often same day from UK

Then one day the bank refuses to let monies be drawn - asking WHERE DOES the money come from ?

We were asked to write to the 'Financial Monitoring Dept' at info@raiffeisen.ru - we did - showing the originating transactions and what the monies where being used for ....nothing heard in response

That was March 30th

May 15th and the 'monthly limit' for incoming was reached - but we had sent in the evidence required... " No you didn't" .... say the bank - so I simply forwarded the original email - plus attachments - from t'other halfs email account they have on file ..

Two days later - "you must come to the branch- we don't want emails" ( which is what was requested ) - kinda hard when t'other half in in Cyprus.. and has been since late Feb.

So, Missus' goes back and finds they have now blocked the account from incoming and £300 is bouncing around - looking for a home.

I wrote to the H.O in Vienna - they own 80 % of the Russian subsidiary - according to Wiki - but they say "cannot help" - but "will forward to Moscow..."

WHY - when someone takes a wrong decision in Russia - will NO ONE take ownership to resolve the problem ?

Clearly, they THINK we haven't responded - even though Madam has printed off and even translated the emails...

As it stands - can no longer recommend this bank

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Raiffeisen Russia, Financial Monitoring and 'security'
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2018, 09:03:03 AM »
We have a car in Russia - in t'other half's name and she has credit cards - which are cleared once a month

I was using opaltransfer but changed to transferwise - sending money to her Raiffeisen DEBIT card - often same day from UK

Then one day the bank refuses to let monies be drawn - asking WHERE DOES the money come from ?

We were asked to write to the 'Financial Monitoring Dept' at info@raiffeisen.ru - we did - showing the originating transactions and what the monies where being used for ....nothing heard in response

That was March 30th

May 15th and the 'monthly limit' for incoming was reached - but we had sent in the evidence required... " No you didn't" .... say the bank - so I simply forwarded the original email - plus attachments - from t'other halfs email account they have on file ..

Two days later - "you must come to the branch- we don't want emails" ( which is what was requested ) - kinda hard when t'other half in in Cyprus.. and has been since late Feb.

So, Missus' goes back and finds they have now blocked the account from incoming and £300 is bouncing around - looking for a home.

I wrote to the H.O in Vienna - they own 80 % of the Russian subsidiary - according to Wiki - but they say "cannot help" - but "will forward to Moscow..."

WHY - when someone takes a wrong decision in Russia - will NO ONE take ownership to resolve the problem ?

Clearly, they THINK we haven't responded - even though Madam has printed off and even translated the emails...

As it stands - can no longer recommend this bank

Not your dodgy past catching up with you again is it Mobers ;D

I think you'll find no one wants to 'own' the mistake as they probably don't get paid well enough to put up with the ordeal of straighting out someone else's or the systems cock up ;)
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline msmob

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2018, 02:49:04 PM »
Trench - can you try to not pollute all threads with your inane bollox - that offers nothing helpful ?

IF this is how you behave in real life - this could be a clue as to your 'luck' at dating ... 

Try to make a rule:  If you don't know anything about a subject - refrain from joining in ?

It's not like your sense of humour is a mitigating factor ...

Offline BdHvA

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2018, 04:59:33 PM »
Raiffeisen is not a typical 'bank' in the common understanding of the word. Based in Austria they have branches in various countries.

On an number of occasions Raiffeisen has indicated they wish to exit both Russia and Ukraine. Both operations have been for sale. They also have been mentioned numerous times in fraud and white washing of illegally gained assets from both countries.

Trenchcoat unless you have concrete information regarding another member it is tactless to suggest otherwise. Since you seem both daf and dimwitted I would suggest that you restrict your posting efforts elsewhere.
Experierence is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you. A. Huxley

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2018, 05:44:51 PM »
You are indeed correct BD, I must indeed apologise Mobe I am sorry, I will certainly ensure I will not follow your foolishness in dealing with this bank. It's by the relaying of stories such as yours that the rest of us can avoid repeating such stupidity, you have truely enlightened your fellow man thereby moving evolution one step forward :)
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2018, 05:46:08 PM »
You must have money to require the services of a bank.  So, not much risk for you in any event.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline JayH

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2018, 06:07:44 PM »
 ;D :ROFL:
You must have money to require the services of a bank.  So, not much risk for you in any event.
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline msmob

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2018, 12:24:16 AM »

On an number of occasions Raiffeisen has indicated they wish to exit both Russia and Ukraine. Both operations have been for sale. They also have been mentioned numerous times in fraud and white washing of illegally gained assets from both countries.

Ironically, when seeking the top of the tree - to try and get them to give the RU lot a wake up call - they boast that 70 of the profit comes from the RU operation, alone..They want to sell, that ? ;)

Offline CaptB

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2018, 02:15:48 AM »
msmob,

Sending money to the FSU. We started with Western Union back in 2004. We send money to my Mother-in-law every now and then. The cost was about $22 for the first $100.
New... we sent her "my" bank debit card (I never use one)......telling the bank my Mother-in-laws name and city in Russia. Did this for many years.....no problems. Cost was about $3.85 for her to withdraw $100. In the last few years.......we have used "Paypal". My Sister-in-law is an artist (extremely talented). When we want to send "Mom" some money.......my SIL sends us a bill from her Paypal account. Cost to us.........$0.

Capt B
"A Yooper in Moscovia"

Offline msmob

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2018, 11:32:59 AM »
Dear CaptB, thanks for your input, but it doesn't solve the dilemma((

We are WAY more advanced than those outmoded cross-border transfers or credit  / debit card 'conversion rates

1/ We have a debit card attached to the paypal balance

However,

2/ I'm talking about paying a monthly finance repayment for a car and clearing RU credit cards from a UK source to a RU debit card - once a month

Using a peer to peer banking app - like transferwise  - the charges are minimal and transfers can be within hours

The RU bank seems to think we are doing something 'dodgy' - paying no heed to our relationship  and we've been doing this for YEARS..

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2018, 12:08:32 PM »
We are WAY more advanced than those outmoded cross-border transfers or credit  / debit card 'conversion rates

- paying no heed to our relationship

Yeah Capt B I think you'll find that Mobes is one off those bank customers where you walk into your local bank branch and there they are rattering on to the poor bank clerk about some long winded problem they've brought upon themselves in their attempt to take over the world financial system. All the while expecting the bank clerk to sort out the ins & outs of it while everyone else stands bored in line in the ever so long queue forming behind him.

Mobers yes I'm sure your relationship is of their upmost concern and follow the ins & outs of it daily ;D

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2018, 12:54:47 PM »
Yeah Capt B I think you'll find that Mobes is one off those bank customers where you walk into your local bank branch and there they are rattering on to the poor bank clerk about some long winded problem they've brought upon themselves in their attempt to take over the world financial system. All the while expecting the bank clerk to sort out the ins & outs of it while everyone else stands bored in line in the ever so long queue forming behind him.

You do realize his issue with the bank is that he is online transferring funds to the Russian bank to pay for bills in Russia, and the Russian bank is blocking those transfers, right?

Mobers yes I'm sure your relationship is of their upmost concern and follow the ins & outs of it daily

If a Russian bank is blocking transfers from a UK partner, then the fact those transfers are coming from a partner who lives in Russia part time and has a vehicle there, should be of their concern. 

The payment is flagged because of internal bank policies, and possibly, government policies.  For example, I knew an immigrant who sold his car for $10,000 cash.  When he went to deposit that cash, the police were called - extreme - but, banks here are required to report any deposit from $10,000 up for potential money laundering.  Typrically though, the police aren't called when the customer is in the bank.

Once the proof of why funds are coming into Russia from the UK because the UK source is funding his Russian partner's car payments and their credit card statements, that should be enough for the bank.  In this case, the bank does not seem to care.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline msmob

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2018, 01:21:51 AM »
Boethius

Thanks for explaining to those with reading comprehension issues

Thanks to Moscow kicking a kick from Vienna - all sorted - the bank accepts we DID write and explain and our explanations ( with statements to match the corresponding transfer from the UK )  were not acted upon - free banking for a year - as a sorry

Offline Anotherkiwi

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2018, 06:28:28 PM »
Boethius

Thanks for explaining to those with reading comprehension issues

Thanks to Moscow kicking a kick from Vienna - all sorted - the bank accepts we DID write and explain and our explanations ( with statements to match the corresponding transfer from the UK )  were not acted upon

Well done!

- free banking for a year - as a sorry

Any idea how much that might be worth?

Offline msmob

« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2018, 10:56:24 PM »
A whole 300 Roubles a month - so 3600 = £40  / $55 / €45 ;)

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 1994
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 1981
Total: 1991

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM