It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Coronavirus, how are you preparing for it and how it is affecting you so far?  (Read 455856 times)

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Coronavirus, how are you preparing for it and how it is affecting you so far?
« Reply #1025 on: March 22, 2020, 03:06:34 AM »
Was watching a repeat of FA Cup football games and already the roar of a crowd made me pine for the day we'd bot blink an eyelid at being in such close proximity with others....

Offline BC

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #1026 on: March 22, 2020, 03:27:25 AM »
One thing is pretty sure now, that rolling out new containment measures in steps is going to be less effective than just putting a stop to everything.  A leaky faucet with even a slow drip will still fill up the bucket.

Controls and fines here going up along with a full stop to non-essential businesses.

Online krimster2

• He/Him
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #1027 on: March 22, 2020, 05:42:04 AM »
http://www.chron.com/news/medical/article/Virus-rebels-from-France-to-Florida-flout-15148783.php

they're called "Virus Rebels"
it's why I NOW openly wear a pistol when I am out...
virus rebels avoid armed boomers...

Offline Gator

« Reply #1028 on: March 22, 2020, 06:58:18 AM »
We are still playing golf in Florida, refreshed by spring breezes from the Gulf of Mexico and extensive forests. 

More walkers than carts these days.  My course is spread out amid wetlands, so the distances from greens to tees adds another 3,000+ yards, making carts a necessary for us seniors.  Carts  limited to single riders, disinfected before and after, and BYOB (no water on the course). 

Other changes:

-  Rake sand bunkers with your feet
-  Do no pickup another player's ball or club. 
-  Leave pins in (love the new rule)
-  In my group, some debate about no wagering (avoid exchange of money).

When I return home, the Coronavirus Gestapo greets me.  Disrobing, showering, disinfecting in the mudroom (which is now mine, and only mine).   

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #1029 on: March 22, 2020, 08:20:28 AM »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-51991972

New York Governor Andrew Cuomo hit out at young people who he claims have been ignoring orders not to gather in groups. He said that he planned to visit a park "to see what the situation is myself".

"I don't care frankly. This is a public health issue and you cannot be endangering other peoples' health," he said. "You shouldn't be endangering your own."

If it's happening in NY, it's happening elsewhere. There's a reason schools are closed to keep kids away from each other. I passed by a park Friday and seen about 50 teens playing basketball and none were practicing social distancing. They look like they were from ghetto and white trash families. Probably didn't get educated by the parents. Also Government and media been educating people it's mostly old people that die. That does not help keep the kids in the house. We need to put some fear into those kids otherwise this virus will be around a lot longer.

While the value of private companies tank, Germany to block foreign takeovers. Smart move that more countries will probably follow.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/germany-block-foreign-takeovers-avoid-160551732.html
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #1030 on: March 22, 2020, 08:28:46 AM »
Looks like many UK stores are choosing to close voluntarily:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-51995189

Parks in London are also being shut. To my mind it looks like we are now increasingly moving towards a lockdown situation of the entire country. I think odds are these stores have had the heads up that its coming and due to few people visiting have decided to make the call today.

It could well be that this coming week will see more & more lockdown measures in the daily briefings from Downing Street. One by one stuff will likely be ordered to close rather than one big lockdown announcement I think. The last will come at the end in terms of the 'don't go to work or travel'. We're probably only a week or so away from that I reckon.

Numbers are starting to climb here now and I think the government will be moving to more locksdown measures to avoid the numbers skyrocketing like in Italy.

From Italy's example though it looks like we will have to go in more harder more sooner towards a total lockdown. It's probably going to be pretty much house arrest situation for every citizen of every nation I reckon.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline msmob

« Reply #1031 on: March 22, 2020, 08:35:59 AM »
Most xenophobic, wasn't that long ago you were giving that title to the UK, lol.

Inattentive, as ever..   RACIST..was the term I used 

Mobe, if you had listened to posters here several weeks ago and stopped being one of the cocky ones plane travelling oblivious to the oncoming crisis you would have gotten SC back to the UK pronto BEFORE any quarentining was put in place.

You and BillyB are daft enough to 'go on' about this...

SC and I agreed that she would NOT spend any virus 'lockdown' with her M-i-L ...  We could have met up and been together in FR or CY - that was the plan - but I am in the best position to care for Ma...  with whom I'm on day 2 in self isolation..possibly for 3 months

SC STILL has the right to come in the UK ...as a resident ...she is designated category 2 ( no quarantine requirements ) - as of yesterday  from Thailand

Clear ?

Offline BillyB

« Reply #1032 on: March 22, 2020, 09:01:06 AM »

SC and I agreed that she would NOT spend any virus 'lockdown' with her M-i-L ...  We could have met up and been together in FR or CY - that was the plan - but I am in the best position to care for Ma...  with whom I'm on day 2 in self isolation..possibly for 3 months

SC STILL has the right to come in the UK ...as a resident ...she is designated category 2 ( no quarantine requirements ) - as of yesterday  from Thailand

Clear ?

If SC is allowed in the UK, move out of your momma's basement, get your place and bring your wife home.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline msmob

« Reply #1033 on: March 22, 2020, 09:14:19 AM »

If SC is allowed in the UK, move out of your momma's basement, get your place and bring your wife home.

Really, Silly BillyB can you be THAT thick ?

My mother has Alzeimers and cannot got out for 3 months - nor can anyone caring for her ... she has poor auto-immune functionality

I CHOSE to look after her as my bro and sister need to work / have younger kids ..

http://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guidance-on-shielding-and-protecting-extremely-vulnerable-persons-from-covid-19/guidance-on-shielding-and-protecting-extremely-vulnerable-persons-from-covid-19

Offline BillyB

« Reply #1034 on: March 22, 2020, 09:28:53 AM »
Really, Silly BillyB can you be THAT thick ?

My mother has Alzeimers and cannot got out for 3 months - nor can anyone caring for her ... she has poor auto-immune functionality

I CHOSE to look after her as my bro and sister need to work / have younger kids ..

Your mom isn't your only responsibility. You have a wife. You have responsibilities just like your brother and sister do. Who took care of your mom when you were living in Cyprus and travelling all over the world for business? Your brother and sister do not need to work 24 hours a day. Move out of your mom's basement, get your own place, and bring your wife home. Rotate with your brothers and sisters to take care of your mom. Another option is all siblings chip in to hire someone to look after your mom. Every time someone here gives you good advice, you find a reason why following good advice can't be done.

Offline GenMish

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #1035 on: March 22, 2020, 09:53:26 AM »
GenMish,

For those that do get the 'bug' and survive, hopefully some resistance will have been acquired.  Once testing is more widespread and cannot infect others they are likely those that will have the first step out their doors with more free movement.  It may come down to .gov providing certifications.  Those that test negative will likely have to watch out and stay more isolated for some time to come. 

May does seem a bit early.  I don't foresee all restrictions including travel being lifted this year. :/

Good call, I heard Thailand already wants a health certificate, however more ominous news.

"DUBAI, March 22 (Reuters) - Emirates, one of the world's biggest international airlines, will ground its entire passenger fleet this week and cut staff wages by as much as half because of the coronavirus and its impact on travel demand."

Makes you think that Level 4 Travel warning by the State Dept means ALL the airlines are going to shut down.

This really sucks for me, because intl travel is essential to my business.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #1036 on: March 22, 2020, 09:54:59 AM »

Clear ?

Hmmnn, I notice that my post has been deleted but you have already cherry picked from it what you wish to hear.

Mobe, listen to BillyB he is TRYING TO HELP YOU. Forgot about any rubbish about it being a 3 month lockdown, its going to be WAY MORE THAN THAT. Boris only talked about a 12 week lockdown so as to ease the concerns of the nation. It will only be 12 weeks if house arrest style of quarentining comes in. That is very unlikely to happen effectively straight away. Look at the article above about what is happening in Italy, France & Germany, the population has been brought up free & easy and have no backbone for it, especially the young. The millennial generation in particular have been brought up as such precious little snowflakes who date not be told they can't do something for want of a tantrum that Police & Army guys will have to patrol the streets in a martial law situation ready to slap one of the buggers the moment they step onto the street.

Now is your Mother's abode of such a small nature that it can't accommodate your wife with an area she can inhabit as her own?

I would get her in now if I was you while there is still time. I think this thing could drag on for many months, many more than three. Then of course there is the situation of it taking off in Russia which may not necessarily end up in sycronisation with our own situation. So potentially having to wait many months after we finish with our own problem.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Gator

« Reply #1037 on: March 22, 2020, 11:03:06 AM »
Question to All:  Is anybody reading the exchanges between Moby and Trenchcoat? 

Offline Gator

« Reply #1038 on: March 22, 2020, 11:08:58 AM »
Monday - New York Mayor Bill de Blasio (D) defended his decision for going to the gym with his staff. 

Today (Sunday) - de Blasio is in panic mode.  He demands the military mobilize and intervene in NYC.   He is also criticizing Trump's decisions. 

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #1039 on: March 22, 2020, 11:11:02 AM »
For those who sing the praises of socialized medicine, just remember:
Don't get old!
We no longer help those over 60
http://www.jpost.com/International/Israeli-doctor-in-Italy-We-no-longer-help-those-over-60-621856

In Italy’s Coronavirus Crisis, the Elderly Are Left to Die.
http://www.haaretz.com/us-news/.premium-in-u-s-coronavirus-crisis-will-trump-save-the-elderly-or-condemn-them-to-death-1.8687478

A lack of resources could mean that younger, healthier patients are
prioritised, while others are left to die

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/mar/14/coronavirus-outbreak-older-people-doctors-treatment-ethics

« Last Edit: March 22, 2020, 11:17:57 AM by 2tallbill »
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline msmob

« Reply #1040 on: March 22, 2020, 11:12:36 AM »
Jeez, when Silly Billy is on a roll of fails, he can't stop himself ..

Your mom isn't your only responsibility.

My Wife doesn't have Alzheimer's

Who took care of your mom when you were living in Cyprus

*I* did .. I took her with me ... You DO understand that Alzheimer's is a progressive disease - that the patient's cognitive abilities and brain's capacity to regulate gets worse - not better ?

What applied even a month ago.. no longer holds true ..  Ma cannot be left alone ... PERIOD ...   Even when SC was here - we might have grabbed a 20 minute walk ..

and travelling all over the world for business?

Mum's younger sister and my Uncle cared for her - 'sis at weekends ... my trips had become long weekends - four days max..   Do you think we all live a few miles apart ?

Your brother and sister do not need to work 24 hours a day. Move out of your mom's basement, get your own place, and bring your wife home.

Yep - you are THAT thick ..

Did you read the link about advice for the vulnerable and isolation ?  Thought not ..

Rotate with your brothers and sisters to take care of your mom. Another option is all siblings chip in to hire someone to look after your mom. Every time someone here gives you good advice, you find a reason why following good advice can't be done.

Sure - a total stranger can come and live with Mum ... that day may well come - but *I* can still do that job better and we promised her that we're not going to take her out of her home and into a nursing home while she can still understand where she is ..

Silly BillyB, WHY do you 'advise' folks on stuff on subjects on which it is clear you have not the sl. clue ?

Offline msmob

« Reply #1041 on: March 22, 2020, 11:19:30 AM »
For those who sing the praises of socialized medicine, just remember:
Don't get old!
We no longer help those over 60
http://www.jpost.com/International/Israeli-doctor-in-Italy-We-no-longer-help-those-over-60-621856

Beel,

I am over 60 and read about how the shortage of staff / ventilators has caused such decisions to be made ..what sticks in my throat is your attempt to suggest this a failure on the part of social health care

You'd better worry about how many time fewer your / my nations' provisioning of ITU ( intensive car unit ) beds has available ....  Italy's was far higher and they cannot cope ...

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #1042 on: March 22, 2020, 11:21:42 AM »

Jeez, when Silly Billy is on a roll of fails, he can't stop himself ..

Gentlemen,

Let's keep the personal stuff out of the discussion at hand.
FSUW don't do vague

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #1043 on: March 22, 2020, 11:22:54 AM »
Beel,

what sticks in my throat is your attempt to suggest this a failure on the part of social health care

Your poor throat.
FSUW don't do vague

Offline msmob

« Reply #1044 on: March 22, 2020, 11:23:17 AM »

I guess they are as 'relevant' as someone who's still playing golf when the lesson we have to learn is social distancing

Offline msmob

« Reply #1045 on: March 22, 2020, 11:24:14 AM »
Your poor throat.

))

Very good.. now perhaps you can try not to obfuscate / deflect with witty 'ripostes' !

Offline Gator

« Reply #1046 on: March 22, 2020, 11:31:36 AM »
So much for trying to keep to the critical subject.  I drafted the following, and when time to post I see we have a couple of hissy fits. 

My final post if the COVID discussion remains interrupted:

I watched some CNN today.   The network had some interesting reports from health professionals.  The coverage was laced with many political contributors criticizing Trump, essential claiming Trump is failing as a leader.  Yep, the liberal strategy to frighten everyone in unfolding. 

If over half the press in 1932 were reporting that FDR will fail, would that have helped?

I agree with Governor Cuomo that the Federal Government needs to oversee the role of redistributing supplies of limited medical equipment among the states.   Supposedly FEMA is already involved; however, the particular role of the Feds and States is unclear.    Perhaps Cuomo is correct that the Feds need to do more. 

Trump's FEMA team claims that there is no need to invoke the Defense Production Act to order businesses to alter their manufacturing for the goal of  producing more medical equipment.  Why?   A preponderance of businesses have already volunteered to help and are taking direction from FEMA.             

Online Faux Pas

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #1047 on: March 22, 2020, 11:31:52 AM »

No. After Moob's big shaming there's nothing of substance

Offline msmob

« Reply #1048 on: March 22, 2020, 11:36:12 AM »

Mobe, listen to BillyB he is TRYING TO HELP YOU.

Only you / he could still be in agreement on this ! 

Boris only talked about a 12 week lockdown so as to ease the concerns of the nation. It will only be 12 weeks if house arrest style of quarentining comes in.

Our 12 weeks applies to specific vulnerable medical issues ..

You seem to have missed that all the IDIOTS who have escaped the cities are being told .. "if you cannot social distance yourselves .. the govt will help you by ordering, same ..

"PM Boris Johnson warned the government would take "further measures" to enforce social distancing advice if it is not respected
He said he would think "very actively" about this over the next 24 hours
He said he wanted people to continue to be able to go to parks, but people should stay 2m (6f) away from others"

That is very unlikely to happen effectively straight away.

You're just not paying any attention ..

Now is your Mother's abode of such a small nature that it can't accommodate your wife with an area she can inhabit as her own?

Do you think someone with Alzheimer's appreciates where she could once go and a new rule that she cannot ?   Thank you for demonstrating you have NO concept of the condition ...

I would get her in now if I was you while there is still time. I think this thing could drag on for many months, many more than three. Then of course there is the situation of it taking off in Russia which may not necessarily end up in sycronisation with our own situation. So potentially having to wait many months after we finish with our own problem.

Trench, it is now several days since we discussed being apart ... We made our choices ..but thanks for the 'advice' ..

Offline msmob

« Reply #1049 on: March 22, 2020, 11:38:02 AM »
No. After Moob's big shaming there's nothing of substance

As always, Mr Mistake arrives on cue to deliver nothing of substance or accuracy ..     

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541425
Total Topics: 20862
Most Online Today: 2422
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 7
Guests: 2294
Total: 2301

+-Recent Posts

Re: Russian/Ukranian women - views on sex before marriage? by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 11:54:55 PM

Re: Hard work -- How can I explain this to my Russian wife? by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 11:43:10 PM

Re: Teenage Sex- RW and their sons by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 11:11:53 PM

Re: international travel by krimster2
Yesterday at 08:36:08 PM

Re: Teenage Sex- RW and their sons by ML
Yesterday at 07:31:53 PM

Re: Russian/Ukranian women - views on sex before marriage? by ML
Yesterday at 07:21:37 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 06:56:07 PM

international travel by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 06:52:39 PM

Hard work -- How can I explain this to my Russian wife? by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 06:45:25 PM

Re: Hard work -- How can I explain this to my Russian wife? by krimster2
Yesterday at 06:37:55 PM