It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Coronavirus, how are you preparing for it and how it is affecting you so far?  (Read 455823 times)

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
I was merely enquiring after your good health and I find this is how you think of me :o

Just me being my considerate self is all :)

Just Trench demonstrating sociopath mode ... :popcorn:

Offline SteveInBoston

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 1 - 3
Trench,

You seem to actually take joy in the suffering of others.  You gleefully cheer for the collapse of other society.
 You actively hope for an increase in self worth not through self improvement but through the downfall of everyone else.

Stop being a f**k up.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2020, 10:17:20 AM by AnonMod »

Offline BillyB

Chris Cuomo has  battled COVID-19 for two weeks and it's not over. Earlier he said he lost 13 lbs in 3 days. Now he's suffering from psychological symptoms. Dr. Sanjay Gupta said it’s causing depression, brain fog and edginess in patients who have the coronavirus infection.

http://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/chris-cuomo-coronavirus-brain-050430835.html
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Trench,

You seem to actually take joy in the suffering of others.  You gleefully cheer for the collapse of other society.
 You actively hope for an increase in self worth not through self improvement but through the downfall of everyone else.

Stop being a f**k up.

Not at all, I've never stated that I favour said event, other than on the EU of course. I am merely stating quite possible events ahead of them happening based on the evidence around me. Most of them do happen and so I feel the only decent thing to do is to let said person know in advance what might be on the cards.

For example if I hadn't highlighted the foolishness of your idea to go out to Ukraine to visit your other half you might have well have done it and ended up in a pretty bad situation. So you see you might indeed have a lot to me and my input here to be thankful for :)
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline GQBlues

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
Chris Cuomo has  battled COVID-19 for two weeks and it's not over. Earlier he said he lost 13 lbs in 3 days. Now he's suffering from psychological symptoms. Dr. Sanjay Gupta said it’s causing depression, brain fog and edginess in patients who have the coronavirus infection.

http://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/chris-cuomo-coronavirus-brain-050430835.html

If you objectively read the article from Chris himself, his 'frustration' is borne more because of a) being isolated/quarantined in a room for weeks now, and b) the persistent 'fever'.
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline BillyB

If you objectively read the article from Chris himself, his 'frustration' is borne more because of a) being isolated/quarantined in a room for weeks now, and b) the persistent 'fever'.

In time, we will learn if he and others with COVID-19 have long term problems with their nervous systems and brains. There may be huge costs involved if people need counseling for mental issues.

From the article below:

It is now known that coronaviruses can invade the central nervous system and cause damage to nerve cells in the brain.

one study found that almost half of patients with severe respiratory symptoms from COVID-19 also had neurological symptoms, including stroke, brain hemorrhage, and impaired consciousness.

http://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/the-superhuman-mind/202003/what-does-coronavirus-do-the-brain
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Online Faux Pas

• Trips: No Selection
In time, we will learn if he and others with COVID-19 have long term problems with their nervous systems and brains. There may be huge costs involved if people need counseling for mental issues.

From the article below:

It is now known that coronaviruses can invade the central nervous system and cause damage to nerve cells in the brain.

one study found that almost half of patients with severe respiratory symptoms from COVID-19 also had neurological symptoms, including stroke, brain hemorrhage, and impaired consciousness.

http://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/the-superhuman-mind/202003/what-does-coronavirus-do-the-brain

IMO Chris Cuomo has needed psychological counseling for a very long time prior to his case of covid

Offline GQBlues

No wonder CNN is financially challenged these days. Also, Tom Hanks supposedly just hosted SNL, so that could be a clear sign damages to the brain is worse than previously studied.

From the article below:

It could well be true since COVID mainly attacked the blue states since its inhabitants possess fragile/weak brain cells. Except notable areas of SoCal, that is...
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.

Offline LAman

It could well be true since COVID mainly attacked the blue states since its inhabitants possess fragile/weak brain cells. Except notable areas of SoCal, that is...

You are on to something there. COVID only thrives in those that the brain is functioning at more than 40%.

Happy to not be in one of those red states!!! )))
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Offline GQBlues

Proof Trump plans to collude with Russia in the midst of the current pandemic. Democrats will likely rush to pile up evidence to finally trounced Trump.

http://www.oann.com/u-s-to-send-russia-equipment-to-combat-covid-19/

Offline BillyB

Washington State doctor thinks he didn't wear his PPE properly and got infected. Nearly died, not from COVID-19 but by his own immune system. Doctors gave him experimental drugs and high dosages of Vitamin C which probably helped him pull out of his coma and onto recovery.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/emergency-room-doctor-near-death-with-coronavirus-saved-with-experimental-treatment/ar-BB12CdXL?ocid=spartanntp

Something is really wrong with Chris Cuomo's brain. He's not caring about his CNN show anymore.

http://www.yahoo.com/news/chris-cuomo-cnn-show-not-160116157.html

We have altered our behavior and we have altered the behavior of other animals that depend on us. Rats are starting to eat each other.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/newsfeature/starving-angry-and-cannibalistic-americas-rats-are-getting-desperate-amid-coronavirus-pandemic/ar-BB12ArzM?ocid=spartanntp

Offline BillyB

Some people are still underestimating this virus.

Right now worldwide we have 1,991,810 people infected by the coronavirus. Let's say half the people infected hasn't be counted so we actually have 4 million people on earth infected right now. Many nations under report deaths and most of those people currently infected haven't even finished their battle with the virus but let's assume everybody survives and  the true death toll worldwide is currently at 126,019 dead. 7.8 billion people divided by 4 million infected is 1950. One out of every 1950 people on earth has been infected. If everybody got infected we multiple 126,019 dead by 1950 to get a worldwide death toll of 246 million people. That would definitely overwhelm hospitals and a reason we need to limit this virus's damage over many years. Although 246 million may be dead, there will be many more alive that need expensive long term medical care which can crush economies. Another reason we need to desperately slow the spread. My calculations is based on each person on earth fighting this virus once in their lifetime. I hope we don't have to fight this virus numerous times throughout our lives.

Offline Gator

Nearly died, not from COVID-19 but by his own immune system.

This is how COVID-19 deaths occur.  One component of the body's immune system becomes hyperactive, producing a runaway "cytokine storm" in the lungs, resulting in inflammation inhibiting the O2 - CO2 exchange, or blood clotting throughout the body, etc.   

Dilemma - How to stop the antagonistic response of the immune system and allow the beneficial biochemical functions?  The various vaccines and therapeutics under study go about this in different ways.       

Offline GQBlues

Some people are still underestimating this virus.

Right now worldwide we have 1,991,810 people infected by the coronavirus. Let's say half the people infected hasn't be counted so we actually have 4 million people on earth infected right now. Many nations under report deaths and most of those people currently infected haven't even finished their battle with the virus but let's assume everybody survives and  the true death toll worldwide is currently at 126,019 dead. 7.8 billion people divided by 4 million infected is 1950. One out of every 1950 people on earth has been infected. If everybody got infected we multiple 126,019 dead by 1950 to get a worldwide death toll of 246 million people. That would definitely overwhelm hospitals and a reason we need to limit this virus's damage over many years. Although 246 million may be dead, there will be many more alive that need expensive long term medical care which can crush economies. Another reason we need to desperately slow the spread. My calculations is based on each person on earth fighting this virus once in their lifetime. I hope we don't have to fight this virus numerous times throughout our lives.

Not quite BillyB.

Even in your exercise of 4 million infected, you need to factor in the hospitalization rate. Not all the infected cases are hospitalized. I believe the *average* rate of hospitalization is between 15-20%. So your number would be between 600,000 - 800,000. Now get the number of countries where the infections are ( worldometer said 210 countries), that means an average of 2,900 - 3,800+/- hospitalization for each country. Not serious at all..

Your seasonal flu is far worse, man. 

Offline BillyB

Dilemma - How to stop the antagonistic response of the immune system and allow the beneficial biochemical functions?  The various vaccines and therapeutics under study go about this in different ways.

I think in the end, we are going to learn Trump's miracle drug, Hydroxychloroquine is ineffective against the virus. The drug is used by people who have lupus, a disease where people's immune system attacks flesh and organs. If a doctor gave Hydroxychloroquine to a person who had a mild case of COVID-19, it may actually restrain that person's immune system giving the virus a better chance to win. So the drug and combo drugs should be reserved for the worst cases where a person's immune system is on overdrive. In the end, it's possible we will see Trump's miracle drug approved but with restrictions that are going to disappoint most people looking for a treatment 100% of the people can benefit from.

Even in your exercise of 4 million infected, you need to factor in the hospitalization rate.

Most people infected do not get hospitalized. I'm just counting all infections, hospitalized or sitting at home or quarantined in a motel. They are all included. I doubled the number assuming some people walk around without symptoms and haven't been tested.

Assume 4 million people are infected and they will all survive and with the registered 126,000 dead, that is a 3.17% case fatality rate. multiply that by 7.8 billion and you got 247 million dead.

Things seem to move slow but look at the past to predict the future. From December to March 21, the world had 13,000 deaths. Three weeks later, even with the action we've taken to slow things down, we have ten times the amount of deaths right now. Guess what would happen exponentially 3 weeks from now if we didn't take drastic action. Without action, every three weeks will see exponential growth. We do not want to treat this virus like the flu.

Offline BillyB

In the link below show's a graph and COVID-19 killing just under 2000 Americans a day makes it our number #1 killer. Flus + pneumonia kills 153 Americans a day. Accidents kill 466 Americans a day. There's only a few hotspots in America that have raised the entire death rate of COVID-19 in America to #1. Most of America is fine and I hope it stays that way. Hospitals can handle all those other diseases and physical injuries in their community but a community facing a COVID-19 outbreak will overwhelm them. We can't go back to a normal life with a healthy economy if we want to keep the numbers down.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8208015/Coronavirus-leading-cause-death-America-doctor-says.html

Offline Gator

... COVID-19 killing just under 2000 Americans a day makes it our number #1 killer.

Billy,  the repeated patterns of your posts suggest you are becoming hyper about this disease, even repeating yourself.   

Each day more and more data are collected and analyzed, and the conclusion is always the same - actual statistics are less dire than predicted.  Its getting better.       

Offline fathertime

In the link below show's a graph and COVID-19 killing just under 2000 Americans a day makes it our number #1
I'm not seeing the just under 2000 a day number, perhaps I'm not looking in the right place.  Looked like 1253 died on the latest day.  Nevertheless, it seems like a lot, although several people here think it isn't much greater than flu deaths.   

Something still just isn't right though.  Why shut everything down if indeed the Coronavirus isn't THAT much worse than the flu like some here are saying or implying?  As much as I don't like it, I'm not sure there is that much that can be done ultimately except to let the strong survive.  If the virus doesn't run it's course I don't think the people of the world are going to be able to isolate it into extinction, if that is even possible. 

Fathertime! 
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline BillyB

Its getting better.   

2407 Americans just died yesterday which is our worst day topping the previous worst day by 400 deaths. That is a 20% increase. As NY gets better, other parts of America will flare up so we can't expect the deaths to dramatically drop anytime soon just because NY is showing improvement. Changing our behavior will reduce deaths but by how much? There will always be a daily death toll. Question is how many hundreds dead a day can we accept and still run the economy at a decent pace?

Each day more and more data are collected and analyzed, and the conclusion is always the same - actual statistics are less dire than predicted. 

It's the government's job to predict good news. Last week they dropped their prediction to 60,000 Americans dead. There's 26,000 Americans dead right now. There's 261 days left in the year. To stay below the 60,000 day mark, we need to limit the dead to 130 a day average. To achieve that low of a death count may require a steady 15% unemployment rate and some of the work we do will be inefficiently done at home. We're learning what works and doesn't work. After the first States open up on a limited scale, we'll see how long they can go before having to close things again.

I'm not seeing the just under 2000 a day number, perhaps I'm not looking in the right place. 

Under the first video is the chart a Doctor created. The top line is in red with COVID-19 having 1940 deaths. You may have to put on your reading glasses to magnify the tiny words and numbers.

Offline msmob

It's the government's job to predict good news.

No.. it's the govt's job to protect it's citizens, first ..

Offline BillyB

No.. it's the govt's job to protect it's citizens, first ..

Telling citizens bad news that leads depression, suicides, and panic which leads people hurting each other over the last bit of food and toilet paper is protecting the citizens? All government needs to tell people is to stay home, we'll pay you some money, we're working on a vaccine, things are looking better everyday, and in the end everything is going to be alright.

Offline msmob

Telling citizens bad news that leads depression, suicides, and panic which leads people hurting each other over the last bit of food and toilet paper is protecting the citizens? All government needs to tell people is to stay home, we'll pay you some money, we're working on a vaccine, things are looking better everyday, and in the end everything is going to be alright.

My sentence covered protecting citizens... it was simple and to the point..

Telling citizens 'good news' when it's BS will result in mistrust

Offline GQBlues

Most people infected do not get hospitalized. I'm just counting all infections, hospitalized or sitting at home or quarantined in a motel. They are all included. I doubled the number assuming some people walk around without symptoms and haven't been tested.

Assume 4 million people are infected and they will all survive and with the registered 126,000 dead, that is a 3.17% case fatality rate. multiply that by 7.8 billion and you got 247 million dead.

We went through this exercise before BillyB. It was as futile then as it is now apparently. You went through your equation with a hypothetical baseline. You shake and bake that cookie, all you’ll really have is speculation. We’re you trying to arrive to anything else than idle speculation?

Things seem to move slow but look at the past to predict the future. From December to March 21, the world had 13,000 deaths. Three weeks later, even with the action we've taken to slow things down, we have ten times the amount of deaths right now. Guess what would happen exponentially 3 weeks from now if we didn't take drastic action. Without action, every three weeks will see exponential growth. We do not want to treat this virus like the flu.

It doesn’t work like that. You took the high average in a few days then extrapolate it to an entire period since inception, and, again, stretch it out to a hypothetical projection. We’re you the one doing all those gross estimated modeling coming from Washington the good folks from the task force were scaring the bejesus out of all of us all these time?

If you’re trying to established a sound baseline to try and get a good rate and show how deadly something is, you need to create a datum, e.g. per xxx. 100,000, /million, etc. to get a better rate of whatever you’re trying to achieve.

But, if you only want to say 3.17% dies of COVID from the infected total, then that number is hardly frightening. It means the survival rate is 96.83%. Especially if you factor in comorbidity in that equation. In essence you’re saying the vast majority of healthy folks recovers and survive. If a person’s obesity, heart disease, diabetes, black lungs (smoking) doesn’t kill him/her, COVID may help. Make sense?

Billy, we have annual vaccine for influenza, yet tens of thousands of us still die of it every year. Think about that.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2020, 10:52:11 PM by GQBlues »

Offline BC

Each day more and more data are collected and analyzed, and the conclusion is always the same - actual statistics are less dire than predicted.  Its getting better.     

Although less dire (so far) than predicted, they are much worse than they could have been.  I estimate casualties could have been halved if Italy had implemented the national lockdown a week to 10 days earlier than they did.

We do not know if and how many rebounds and flareups await.

Offline BC

Telling citizens 'good news' when it's BS will result in mistrust

Mistrust is the least destructive.  Complacency, on the other hand, is a killer.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541425
Total Topics: 20862
Most Online Today: 2422
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 7
Guests: 2370
Total: 2377

+-Recent Posts

Re: Russian/Ukranian women - views on sex before marriage? by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 11:54:55 PM

Re: Hard work -- How can I explain this to my Russian wife? by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 11:43:10 PM

Re: Teenage Sex- RW and their sons by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 11:11:53 PM

Re: international travel by krimster2
Yesterday at 08:36:08 PM

Re: Teenage Sex- RW and their sons by ML
Yesterday at 07:31:53 PM

Re: Russian/Ukranian women - views on sex before marriage? by ML
Yesterday at 07:21:37 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 06:56:07 PM

international travel by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 06:52:39 PM

Hard work -- How can I explain this to my Russian wife? by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 06:45:25 PM

Re: Hard work -- How can I explain this to my Russian wife? by krimster2
Yesterday at 06:37:55 PM