It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Coronavirus, how are you preparing for it and how it is affecting you so far?  (Read 444298 times)

Offline SANDRO43

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
Coronavirus, how are you preparing for it and how it is affecting you so far?
« Reply #1875 on: April 05, 2020, 07:07:53 PM »
Many people despise Trump's style. I find him to be more open and direct about his opinions than past Presidents.
Even if he changes them all too often :wallbash:?
However, I would be cautious if buying a condo from him, dismissing half of what he said.
Exactly Phil, it's a question of credibility. IMHO, politics should be at a higher level than shady real-estate deals, or used-car lot sales :(.
Milan's "Duomo"

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #1876 on: April 05, 2020, 07:32:52 PM »
I would expect a President/Prime Minister to "obtain facts" BEFORE making statements that he then has to change to the opposite - but I maybe old-fashioned in my views on statecraft, particularly in these contemporary days :-\.

Trump didn't make a statement. He was asked a question at a briefing. There are a million things that go on everyday. The Navy relieving a Captain of duty isn't high on Trump's need to know list. So when a reporter asks Trump how he feels that a Captain got relieved of duty for caring about his soldiers, of course Trump will say he believes it's wrong. Reporters play games giving the wrong question so they can get a wrong answer. If the "investigative" reporter asked the proper question such as "The captain of the ship got relieved of duty because he wrote a multi page email and sent it to 20 other people outside secure channels besides sending it to his chain of command, do you agree with him being relieved of duty?" Then Trump could've given the correct answer for the proper question but instead the reporter asked him a question that wasn't based on fact which was "Do you agree with the Captain getting relieved of duty because he cared about his soldiers?"

Sandro, it seems you and a few others here embrace the media believing they can do no wrong. Many Americans understand the games the media plays and no matter how hard the media tries to influence our votes, we understand the truth about the games they play. Trump will get re-elected with a bigger win than he had last election.

I do hope he will get better. I do however remember how he wanted most of us to get infected in order to get herd immunity while currying on as normal. He had all the information from China and Italy but sadly he changed his mind way too late. Karma, my friend,

Do you or any other person from the UK have an article or video of saying he wants everybody infected to get herd immunity? Or is it possible the media twisted his words. If he said what you've said he said, that would be irresponsible.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline ML

« Reply #1877 on: April 05, 2020, 08:14:58 PM »
A lot of jokes about how husbands and wives are ready to kill each other due to spending 24/7 with each other.

But in truth, it is happening and it's not so funny.

Local newspaper reports domestic violence calls are way up, along with increased calls related to mental health problems, etc.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Gator

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #1878 on: April 05, 2020, 08:28:24 PM »
Even if he changes them all too often :wallbash:?

Often?  I disagree.  Trump has stayed on track regarding the following: tax cuts, regulatory reform, jobs, foreign trade, Iran, Syria's use of chemical weapons, climate change, ISIS, troop deployments, Israel-Palestine,  Paris accords, right to life, etc.   He undertook each of these and stayed on course all the time being subjected to partisan investigations and impeachment.       

Where has Trump changed his policies? He changed some immigration policies because the Democrats refused to negotiate legislation to ease a crisis at our SW border caused by outdated laws.  Trump's  gun control proposals have been inconsistent, yet that is a thorny issue.

You can fault him on Greenland.   My Gawd, the future of America was hanging on that one!;)

You can fault him for a changing message about COVID-19, yet I assert every other national leader was caught flat footed, all of whom made changes as the crisis unfolded.  You can criticize him for voicing hope on numerous occasions, when most were projecting gloom and bleak.  His did promise  the virus will "go away."

Exactly Phil, it's a question of credibility. IMHO, politics should be at a higher level than shady real-estate deals, or used-car lot sales :(.

The economy, China trade, etc.  are not used cars. 

There are many here in the US who do not attempt to analyze Trump's policies.  Credibility is not an issue to them because they do not listen to what he has to say.   They never would believe it if they did.   It sounds closed-minded to me, but they don't care.   

Offline Grumpy

• Spouse's Country: Moldova
« Reply #1879 on: April 05, 2020, 08:32:10 PM »
Critical work must go on.

http://www.world-nuclear.org/information-library/current-and-future-generation/covid-19-coronavirus-and-nuclear-energy.aspx

http://world-nuclear-news.org/Articles/Rosatom-takes-measures-to-protect-workers-from-COV

Glad I am retired. When I was working in powerhouses many of my coworkers were from Chicago. Their children would bring bugs home from school, give them to their parents, and it would quickly spread to the job sites. Seemed like everyone was fighting at least one new bug if not several.
Good women are not cheap
Cheap women are not good
(but they can be a lot of fun)

Offline fathertime

« Reply #1880 on: April 05, 2020, 08:43:24 PM »
To the board's Brits TC, JG, CB, Ranetka…

Don't forget good old mooby!

Fathertime!
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #1881 on: April 05, 2020, 08:47:17 PM »

I do hope he will get better. I do however remember how he wanted most of us to get infected in order to get herd immunity while currying on as normal. He had all the information from China and Italy but sadly he changed his mind way too late. Karma, my friend,

Karma indeed. But you’re gracious as always for wishing him well anyway. As for what you tell us he said, I’d rather have the folks of the U.K. opine about that.

Stay safe.q
« Last Edit: April 05, 2020, 08:51:06 PM by GQBlues »
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline msmob

« Reply #1882 on: April 05, 2020, 08:50:11 PM »
Don't forget good old mooby!

I have a very special status ;)

Offline fathertime

« Reply #1883 on: April 05, 2020, 08:59:01 PM »
Was talking to my buddy in Lake Havasu Arizona.   He says the populace is up in arms over the unwanted Californians coming over and bringing the virus to their lake community.  They have a few cases there now and are blaming it on people from California.  They want to keep Californians out so they have closed down the docks.  My buddy is slated to come over here to California to pick up some stuff but is concerned the Arizona border will be closed up on him.  I think that is a little over the top, but that is the mindset some apparently have. 

Fathertime!   

Offline msmob

« Reply #1884 on: April 05, 2020, 09:18:13 PM »
Often?  I disagree. 

Then you are selectively blind..

Trump has stayed on track regarding the following: tax cuts, regulatory reform, jobs,

To benefit whom ? ..  example Jobs: mainly lost to automation / A.I. .. not China

foreign trade

(!) He hasn't delivered' and often made matters worse.

Iran, Syria's use of chemical weapons

1/ ( Iran) Sanctions on whom the the RoW ignored - and for good reason - 'Trampu's' policy SUCKED - pushing  Iran's 'govt.'  into a lose,lose situation

2/ (Syria) Firing a few missiles ( not so accurately ) from afar, has done NOTHING to save ( 'the 'terrorists') the population of Syria (that disliked an un-elected Family Dynasty)  from being aerial bombed and shelled - with Kremlin help .. a la Spain before WWII ..then we had the Kurd debacle.. where thousands were killed by Trampu's stupidity

climate change

Are you for REAL ?  Most of his own advisers (at the time) -even Oil firms CEOs - warned him of the folly of withdrawing from Kyoto ..
ISIS

Hmm, who's actions caused thousands of 'ISIS' ... (Daesh) fighters to be released after US allies had rounded  them up ?

troop deployments,

Again, their removal called thousands of lives to be lost ... ( not US ones ) but the lives the US presence ensured lives weren't being lost ..e,g. Syria

Israel-Palestine

Now, you've REALLY lost it .. Recognising Jerusalem as the 'capital' of Israel .. ?   

Paris accord

Madness- already covered

right to life

'Trampu' : "pro-choice in every respect,” now ( anti-abortion?) and 'consistent' to you  ?

:deadhorse:

There are many here in the US who do not attempt to analyze Trump's policies.  Credibility is not an issue to them because they do not listen to what he has to say.   They never would believe it if they did.   It sounds closed-minded to me, but they don't care.

Based on your very own post  - my contention re blindness / selective hearing would seem to be polite way of illustrating whose minds are closed ..

The man flip-flops on what he says / does so often it's SCARY
« Last Edit: April 05, 2020, 11:27:50 PM by msmob »

Offline BillyB

« Reply #1885 on: April 05, 2020, 09:53:09 PM »

I have very good news. Vietnam and Laos are tied with North Korea for zero deaths. Although all three nations border China, they are doing a fabulous job controlling the virus. They all have Communist governments. If only we had Communist governments, we'd be safe from the virus too.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline fathertime

« Reply #1886 on: April 05, 2020, 10:27:45 PM »
I have very good news. Vietnam and Laos are tied with North Korea for zero deaths. Although all three nations border China, they are doing a fabulous job controlling the virus. They all have Communist governments. If only we had Communist governments, we'd be safe from the virus too.
I'm not sure about how they are keeping their stats...but it does seem the virus isn't as deadly as it was originally reported to be...although it could jut be wishful thinking on my part.   Seems to be a lot worse than the flu but it isn't spreading as fast as it seemed it would in most of the world...and if it is spreading it isn't taking out as high a percentage of people as it seemed it might when it started. 

Fathertime! 

Offline msmob

« Reply #1887 on: April 05, 2020, 10:32:58 PM »

..or one could wish to be ruled by dictatorships..

THEY have no deaths either .. Syria, Belarus, Turkmenistan

OR

nations where 'leaders' tell their people this is nothing to worry about ..

“It’s going to disappear. One day, it’s like a miracle, it will disappear”
On February 28, Trump said that coronavirus will “disappear” like a “miracle” while speaking at a press conference for his coronavirus task force. On Tuesday, he told reporters on Capitol Hill that coronavirus “will go away.” In late February, he speculated that warm weather would kill the virus and stop its spread. None of these statements are backed by science or infectious disease experts within his own administration"

Thank you, BillyB for drawing attention to those who tell us 'good news' ..

Offline BillyB

« Reply #1888 on: April 05, 2020, 10:47:04 PM »
I'm not sure about how they are keeping their stats...but it does seem the virus isn't as deadly as it was originally reported to be...

Either the virus doesn't like nations that have Communist governments or the governments are purposely reporting low deaths to give the impression they are doing a good job fighting the virus.

Offline BC

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #1889 on: April 05, 2020, 10:50:23 PM »
Did this Navy flip-flop change anything? 

Trump's style keeps opponents off balance. As an industrial giant once advised me privately, "Confusion to the enemy." 

Many people despise Trump's style.  I find him to be more open and direct about his opinions than past Presidents, who all seem to have spoken fewer times and said less.    I prefer that over warm, secretive, and reticent.   However, I would be cautious if buying a condo from him, dismissing half of what he said.   

Gator,

That feeds into the hypothesis expressed by many of His supporters that He is somehow smarter than us all, that somehow his 'wisdom' is infallible and beyond our means to comprehend and understand.

Or is it a self-preservation technique?  Going 'both ways' he can always refer back to the time he was right.

My bet is on the latter. 

A typical example is his push for the yet unproven drug hydroxychloroquine.  From a 'could be a gamechanger' based on anecdotal evidence, a market was created. Trump's fallback CYA position: "What do you have to lose?"  Sounds more like a snake-oil salesman than a well-informed leader.  It is a gamble. If it works He can claim brilliance even with limited efficacy, but if not - well you didn't lose anything.  That's His game of Trump.

Ordered your supply yet? Maybe taking it already?

There are a ton of remedies being researched.  Why not just list them all and simply say that scientists are doing their damnedest find something that can kill this bug?.  No political gain in doing so..

Disclaimer:  This post contains political content as a reply and is not intended to 'inject political partisanship' into this thread.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #1890 on: April 05, 2020, 10:56:24 PM »
A typical example is his push for the yet unproven drug hydroxychloroquine.  From a 'could be a gamechanger' based on anecdotal evidence, a market was created. Trump's fallback CYA position: "What do you have to lose?"  Sounds more like a snake-oil salesman than a well-informed leader.  It is a gamble. If it works He can claim brilliance even with limited efficacy, but if not - well you didn't lose anything.  That's His game of Trump.

I wouldn't say it's Trump's game. It's what people want. They so much want a cure and treatment to be found. I read it from people on the forums. My wife sometimes tells me wonderful news about a cure or treatment that is around the corner. She tells me her cousin in Germany talked to people "in the know" about a vaccine they're about to create. I know it's not true. I know there has never been a treatment or vaccine ever created for a coronavirus but people want hope and they want to hear good news. Give the people what they want. Trump delivers.

Offline BC

« Reply #1891 on: April 05, 2020, 11:11:09 PM »
Billy,

People do deserve and can handle the truth.  They don't need to be sold alternatives.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #1892 on: April 06, 2020, 03:18:39 AM »
Italy's health service on the brink of falling apart. Many Doctors & Nurses there infected with Coronavirus as they try to treat the infected. May not be long before many cut and run for it:

http://www.google.com/amp/s/news.sky.com/story/amp/coronavirus-italys-doctors-and-nurses-are-in-trauma-over-deaths-of-more-than-100-colleagues-11968928
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline BC

« Reply #1893 on: April 06, 2020, 04:08:50 AM »
Trench,

Tell all that to the folks making the same enormous sacrifices that may end up treating you. 

The article mentions nothing of the sort you claim.

in fact:

As medics grieve for the colleagues they have lost, they are working to compensate for so many others that have been infected and are in quarantine.

Shame on you. Go live your dark, miserable life elsewhere.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #1894 on: April 06, 2020, 04:26:54 AM »
Trench,

Tell all that to the folks making the same enormous sacrifices that may end up treating you. 

The article mentions nothing of the sort you claim.

in fact:

Shame on you. Go live your dark, miserable life elsewhere.

I'm living my dark, miserable life in Dorset at the moment so far we have had only 180 Coronavirus cases and 28 deaths and being in the Southwest region of the UK one of the least hit areas in the UK so far. So in quiet a good situation so far compared to the rest of the world :)

Recent news from these parts are that the local hospitals are going to take part in Coronavirus trials offering patients the chance to take potentially life saving drugs that may help cure them rather than faceca pessimistic outlook. That has to be good news since it is better to have the option than not at all I feel. With a bit of luck progress will come quick and we'll have some stuff to help treat this virus soon.

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/18360185.coronavirus-royal-bournemouth-hospital-agrees-trials/

You see BC, I can be positive where there is good news to be had :)

I only thought it decent of me to spell out what can happen in certain situations to give people wind of it in advance so at least they are prepared for the eventuality should it occur.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline msmob

« Reply #1895 on: April 06, 2020, 04:28:56 AM »
Meant to be humorous..

From a Cypriot friend living in San Francisco..

Thank you, Marina!

A bit of humour so we can maintain sanity.
Some clever soul (meaning: not me) came up with this:

*A RECAP OF THE LAST THREE WEEKS*

AMERICA: Oh my god! Coronavirus! What should we do?

CALIFORNIA: Shut down your state.

AMERICA: Wait... what? Why?

CALIFORNIA: Because 40 million people live here and we did it early, and it’s working.

NEBRASKA: Whoa... whoa... let’s not be hasty now. The President said that this whole coronavirus thing is a Democratic hoax.

CALIFORNIA: He also said that windmills cause cancer. Shut down your state.

TEXAS: But the President said that we only have 15 cases and soon it'll be zero.

CALIFORNIA: The President can’t count to fifteen nor even spell it. Shut down your state.

NEW JERSEY: Us too?

CALIFORNIA: Yes, you guys too. Just like when Christie shut down the bridge, but it’s your whole state.

FLORIDA: But what about all these kids here on spring break?? They spend a lot of money here!

CALIFORNIA: Those kids invented the Tide pod challenge. Shut down your state.

LOUISIANA: But wait let’s have Mardi Gras first. It entertains people.

CALIFORNIA: It also kills them. Shut it down.

GEORGIA: Ok well how about we keep the state open for all of our mega churches? Maybe we can all pray really hard until the coronavirus just goes away!

CALIFORNIA: Which is working like a charm for mass shootings. Jesus told us to tell you to shut down your state.

OKLAHOMA: What about the tigers?

CALIFORNIA: What about a dentist. Shut it down.

WYOMING: Hold up, maybe we should go county by county like the president said.

CALIFORNIA: Stop acting like there are counties in Wyoming. There are no counties in Wyoming. Wyoming is a county. Shut it down.

PENNSYLVANIA: But big coal.

CALIFORNIA: But big death. Shut it.

WEST VIRGINIA: But we were the last state to get coronavirus!

CALIFORNIA: And don’t make us explain to you why that was. Shut it down.

NORTH CAROLINA: But the Republican National Convention is coming here!

CALIFORNIA: SHUT... OK, fine, do what you want.

Offline msmob

« Reply #1896 on: April 06, 2020, 04:34:03 AM »
I'm living my dark, miserable life in Dorset at the moment

Last week you were in Wales..what 'essential travel' are you doing that would incur such movement?

I am in the SW and the cases are proportionate with other regions of the UK other than Gtr London and the W.Midlands..

Please stop travelling..

Do you understand govt. Ministers in Scotland had to resign for doing the same?

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #1897 on: April 06, 2020, 04:40:13 AM »
Last week you were in Wales..what 'essential travel' are you doing that would incur such movement?

I am in the SW and the cases are proportionate with other regions of the UK other than Gtr London and the W.Midlands..

Please stop travelling..

Do you understand govt. Ministers in Scotland had to resign for doing the same?

I don't travel to socialize that's the difference, travelling alone does not spread the virus or risk catching it at all, how can it? There is no one else around and I'm surrounded by a metal & glass box moving at speed. It's those out doing their daily exercise that could risk spreading it. Though that could soon finish it appears.

Offline msmob

« Reply #1898 on: April 06, 2020, 04:58:25 AM »
I don't travel to socialize that's the difference, travelling alone does not spread the virus or risk catching it at all, how can it? There is no one else around and I'm surrounded by a metal & glass box moving at speed. It's those out doing their daily exercise that could risk spreading it. Though that could soon finish it appears.

I'm afraid our Trench is too thick to absorb ....

1/ You went shopping in Wales ..

2/ You'll go shopping in Dorset ..

You're a potential spreader ...  end of .. a TWAT and a dangerous one, at that ..   

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #1899 on: April 06, 2020, 05:05:10 AM »
I'm afraid our Trench is too thick to absorb ....

1/ You went shopping in Wales ..

2/ You'll go shopping in Dorset ..

You're a potential spreader ...  end of .. a TWAT and a dangerous one, at that ..   

Both regions already have Coronavirus, I would need to shop for food where ever I  am, we all have to do that. So no more risk is amounting out of me travelling back and forth to Wales since I always travel alone.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541296
Total Topics: 20859
Most Online Today: 3088
Most Online Ever: 12701