It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Off Topic Topic  (Read 2135 times)

Online krimster2

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: Resident
Off Topic Topic
« on: March 06, 2020, 11:03:18 AM »
Were your speculation true, the USSR would not have collapsed peacefully.  All those "conforming citizens" wouldn't have become capitalists overnight.”

not too many get to become capitalists in a kleptocracy
only kleptocrats

about 70% of the Russian work force works for the government...
what kind of capitalism do you call that?

“Incidentally, the better half is far more liberal in his views than am I, always has been.”

quoth the woman who as a teen ran away from Saskkatchawan to the CCCP ....
and married a Soviet Jew from the intelligentia
such a conservative choice indeed...
compared to a sex change maybe...

but...
da, kanyeshna
I know that your’re “a good girl BO” in terms of your belief in “traditional family values”

but, if you look at it from Freud’s perspective, you know his simple hierarchical representation
of the mind, the id, ego, super ego....
you’re more a person of the super ego
and I am more of the ego
who just lets his ego out to play sometimes
instead of letting it be kept inside all day by the super ego

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
Off Topic Topic
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2020, 11:16:25 AM »
I was referring to the aftermath of the collapse, not now re capitalism.

I'm not from Saskatchewan, nor are any of my family members, going back, in some cases, to ten generations in Canada.

The better half has not an OUNCE of Jewish blood.  I do.  He can trace his family lineage to the 11th century.  As a member of what Lenin defined as the "historically obsolete class", post secondary schooling was closed to his family, and therefore, he was never part of the "Soviet intelligentsia", an oxymoron if there ever were one.

You're really more of an "id" poster, assuming you believe in Freud speak (I don't).

This post was composed without the aid of google.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Online krimster2

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: Resident
Off Topic Topic
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2020, 11:39:48 AM »
"You're really more of an "id" poster,"

do you REALLY think so?
or are you just trying to flatter me?

so for mistaking your familial background...
I have a lot on my mind now
regardless of the inaccuracy of some of the details
my conclusion holds steadfast
you are hardly "conservative" except in your acceptance of conventional beliefs and morality
was a conflict between those beliefs and morality and your reality in Canada
the force propelling you towards the CCCP
or...
something else....

why did you NEED to go...

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
Off Topic Topic
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2020, 12:29:16 PM »
No, I'm not conservative in world outlook, in general.  I am in my personal life and the standards I hold myself to (for example, I don't personally believe in abortion), but I don't really care how others live their lives, and I'm far more pragmatic than social conservatives. 

I didn't "need" to go to the USSR.  An opportunity arose to study there, in a field I was studying, so I took it.  It's not so unusual where I live.  I know of half a dozen university students who did the same thing.

This post was composed without the aid of google.

After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540999
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1949
Total: 1960

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM