It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Age difference and length married poll  (Read 16142 times)

Offline sledder

Age difference and length married poll
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2005, 07:53:36 PM »
I hate to take the focus off of WWII, but the poll here, although perhaps does not have enough responses to clearly see the full picture does scare me!!  The girls i am interested in are all in the (I believe the range was 11-15 )  the odds look stacked against me / us.  Has anybody seen more statistical averages on how marriages to RW end up?

Offline Bruce

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2005, 04:01:38 AM »
Sledder, all this poll shows is a range of age difference and length of marriage between FSU woman and Western men (almost all American I believe).  In the 11 -15 year category there are 5 listed as married less than 5 years and 2 married greater than 5 years.  I believe they are all still married.  However, there may be a few responders who after divorce to a FSU woman listed their statistic to this list.   The only one I know of is Bruno, and I believe he was not in the 11 - 15 age group but a younger age group.  Therefore, all it shows at this point is that the majority of guys who married a girl from the FSU who responded (7 total so far) married a girl with an 11 to 15 year age difference.  Sledder, I do not believe there is real solid information out there.  If you find any please share it with us.

When I put together this poll 5 years seemed a logical cut-off point keeping in mind that usually Western guys really could be maximally married to a FSU woman for 15 years due to perestoika and the BCINS cut off was traditionally thought of as 5 years.  Polls are very hard to make and there is space limitation so I tried my best.

The more you married guys contribute to the poll the better and more informative the data will become. 
"A word is dead when it is said, some say.  I say it just begins to live that day."  Emily Dickinson

Offline Bruno

« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2005, 05:10:35 AM »

[line]
The only one I know of is Bruno, and I believe he was not in the 11 - 15 age group but a younger age group.
[line]

Yep, i was in the 10 year range... but i think that these age difference is only one side of the problem... it was only 10 year, but the lady was 19 yo and i was 29 yo... this little age difference was more difficult that these between a man of 60 yo with a woman of 40 yo...

I think that more old is the man, more big can be the difference of age... i think that my problem was due to a difference of maturity... she was always at school and living by her parents... she have never know the real life, the difficult one...

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 9
Guests: 1963
Total: 1972

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM