It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: More Bad News for Russia  (Read 1087348 times)

Offline AkMike

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: Resident
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4825 on: June 05, 2016, 12:13:48 AM »
It's looking more and more like Russia won't be going to Rio for the Olympics because of drugging.  :crackwhip:

WADA, World Anti-Doping Agency, was made aware of Russian doping since 2010! But until 2015 they didn't have the authority to investigate the charges.

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/article/571264.html

Offline JayH

• Trips: > 10
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4826 on: June 05, 2016, 02:12:11 AM »
Russian President Vladimir Putin's regime has not yet collapsed is only because in politics there are no serious forces able to confront Putin.

"regime is dead": , who can "remove" Putin

"Representatives of the protest groups can go into the Duma. It is clear that some Liberals in the parliament will not change anything, but they will become subjects of public policy. It is important to crystallize the democratic opposition. In the future it can play a role in the split of the ruling elite. Power in Russia in the elections does not change, but elections can contribute to this process. Moreover, the situation in Russia - in the process of change ", - the journalist said.

http://obozrevatel.com/abroad/74926-ego-rezhim-mertv-rossijskij-zhurnalist-rasskazal-kto-mozhet-ubrat-putina.ht
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline msmobyone

• patriotism is the last vestige of fools, but hey
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4827 on: June 05, 2016, 03:55:49 AM »
JayH

When where you last IN Russia ?

It's just that your posts don't reflect the attitude / scenario I detected.
Please excuse the Curmudgeon in my posts ..he will be cured by being reunited with his loved one ;)

Offline AkMike

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4828 on: June 05, 2016, 09:22:57 AM »
Does it matter Moby?

It's news about Russia.   As in "More Bad News for Russia"   :clapping:

Offline msmobyone

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4829 on: June 05, 2016, 10:50:59 AM »
Does it matter Moby?

It 'matters' as it is only 'bad news' if the population feel it
Please excuse the Curmudgeon in my posts ..he will be cured by being reunited with his loved one ;)

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4830 on: June 05, 2016, 11:56:14 AM »
Does it matter Moby?

Too funny, as you asked me the exact same question when I pointed out my skepticism about the Ukrainian economy, Ukrainian politicians, the honesty of Ukrainian police . . .  8)
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline AkMike

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4831 on: June 05, 2016, 12:10:24 PM »
Correct Moby,  except this is for the interwebs population, not merely Russia. Is there a possibility that you're looking thru rose colored glasses and not seeing enough?

Boe, Ironic huh? ;)

Offline msmobyone

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4832 on: June 05, 2016, 05:01:46 PM »
Correct Moby,  except this is for the interwebs population, not merely Russia. Is there a possibility that you're looking thru rose colored glasses and not seeing enough?

XaXa,

AkMike , This thread is about Russia and what is 'bad news' .... I'm just pointing  out that a lot of the 'bad news' is more some folks wishful thinking, rather than apparent to 'man in the street', in Russia

'Irony' is being labelled a 'Russophobe' in one place  - if my posts / profile aren't edited / deleted, former Soviet style - and it being suggested - when I simply point out what I see, on here  - that I might be suffering from 'Stockholm Syndrome'   :D

Offline JayH

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4833 on: June 05, 2016, 06:06:14 PM »
JayH

When where you last IN Russia ?

It's just that your posts don't reflect the attitude / scenario I detected.

You can bet money that I was there a lot more recently than you were in Ukraine!
The fact is I avoid going there now if I possibly can.

Your detection? What down at the beach in Sochi?On a chartered yacht? Yeah--you will have your finger right on the pulse!

I prefer to listen to Mende for intelligent assessment of today;s Russia-- and the many reports we can read-- some of which I post!

It 'matters' as it is only 'bad news' if the population feel it

Nonsense-- it has been repeatedly documented that the truth is being kept from most Russians.By the time they wake up as a whole--chances are it will after the really bad news!!

« Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 06:10:32 PM by JayH »
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline AkMike

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4834 on: June 05, 2016, 06:11:07 PM »
Your Stockholm Syndrome has already been talked about Moby..    :D 

I find it interesting that the men who've married Russians,(for the most part) seem to support the invasion of Ukraine and the Kremlin's roughshod treatment of many including their own citizens. Others that have married Ukrainians seem to have a view that Russia is the invader and at fault. A more western view as it were. (Supported by the vast majority of the world as shown by UN votes against Russia.)

Offline JayH

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4835 on: June 05, 2016, 06:15:47 PM »
Your Stockholm Syndrome has already been talked about Moby..    :D 

I find it interesting that the men who've married Russians,(for the most part) seem to support the invasion of Ukraine and the Kremlin's roughshod treatment of many including their own citizens. Others that have married Ukrainians seem to have a view that Russia is the invader and at fault. A more western view as it were. (Supported by the vast majority of the world as shown by UN votes against Russia.)

Supported by the bleeding blind obvious facts !! 
Only those with the heads up their a...s  would conclude differently.

ps Mike--"men who have married Russians"-- I do not agree with that.Certainly some fit that category-- but to their credit some (many) have kept their ability to think and see Russia.s behaviour for what it is.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 06:19:42 PM by JayH »

Offline Boethius

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4836 on: June 05, 2016, 06:41:19 PM »

That is inaccurate.  The posters here married to Russians are Mendy, Изумруд (both of whom either live or lived in Russia), Faux Pas, Gator, BC, and Turboguy.  I'm mostly likely missing someone.  Not one of them has expressed support for the Russian regime.

The men married to Ukrainians often are not balanced in their perspectives of Ukraine, IMHO.  I say this as someone who is ethnically Ukrainian, speaks Ukrainian, and could find it on a map when most of you did not know the difference between a Russian and a Ukrainian.

I don't think moby's comments are particularly "pro Russian".  He is merely noting the attitudes on the ground.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline jone

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4837 on: June 05, 2016, 07:03:13 PM »
Seems to me you left out Natural (who married a gal from Krim) and Tiger Paws (whose wife, prior to their marriage, callled Moscow home, even though she was originally from Uzbekistan (or one of the Stan countries) but is a Russian national.

Of course neither of these guys have leanings towards the Russian regime.  They are solidly here on behalf of Ukraine.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline JayH

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4838 on: June 05, 2016, 07:03:52 PM »

That is inaccurate.  The posters here married to Russians are Mendy, Изумруд (both of whom either live or lived in Russia), Faux Pas, Gator, BC, and Turboguy.  I'm mostly likely missing someone.  Not one of them has expressed support for the Russian regime.

Wrong--it is an insult to the others to include BC in that list.

Offline JayH

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4839 on: June 05, 2016, 07:06:51 PM »

]The men married to Ukrainians often are not balanced in their perspectives of Ukraine, IMHO. .[/font][/size]

I agree--being married to a Ukrainian is no guarantee of knowing anything!!

Offline Boethius

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4840 on: June 05, 2016, 07:09:52 PM »
Seems to me you left out Natural (who married a gal from Krim) and Tiger Paws (whose wife, prior to their marriage, callled Moscow home, even though she was originally from Uzbekistan (or one of the Stan countries) but is a Russian national.

Of course neither of these guys have leanings towards the Russian regime.  They are solidly here on behalf of Ukraine.

I excluded Natural because his wife was from Ukraine.

I forgot about TP, and I noted, I had probably forgotten about some posters.

Offline JayH

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4841 on: June 05, 2016, 07:12:01 PM »

I excluded Natural because his wife was from Ukraine.

I forgot about TP, and I noted, I had probably forgotten about some posters.

Jone was tongue in cheek--those guys are fascist believers in all of Putins stupidity

Offline Boethius

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4842 on: June 05, 2016, 07:13:17 PM »
I agree--being married to a Ukrainian is no guarantee of knowing anything!!

Are you suggesting I was wrong in my assessment of the current regime?  Sorry but nope, I was not, and the current situation in Ukraine proves it.  Same criminal activity.  Only the players have changed.

I know Ukrainians.  I can speak to them, in their own language.  I know what they say when they are unguarded.  And I've lived among the current leadership.  I know their mentality, something which is foreign to most Westerners.  That is why I am not as rosy about the future as are you.  It will take a seismic shift in who is running the country (by that I mean the Rada) for real change to occur.

Offline Boethius

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4843 on: June 05, 2016, 07:14:25 PM »
Jone was tongue in cheek--those guys are fascist believers in all of Putins stupidity

I know.  But I specifically excluded Natural, who yes, does seem to support a fascist regime, as his wife is ethnically Russian, but was not a Russian citizen, AFAIK.

I just forgot about TP - sorry about that.

PS - I do think BC is balanced, though he hasn't discussed Ukraine much.

Offline JayH

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4844 on: June 05, 2016, 07:18:33 PM »

Are you suggesting I was wrong in my assessment

I was agreeing with you !I expanded slightly on who was included!! :)

]The men married to Ukrainians often are not balanced in their perspectives of Ukraine, IMHO
. ]

Offline Boethius

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4845 on: June 05, 2016, 07:40:32 PM »
OK.  I apologize.  I'm extra feisty tonight from clearing spruce needles, and some are still embedded in my hands.

« Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 07:42:15 PM by Boethius »

Offline JayH

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4846 on: June 05, 2016, 07:49:22 PM »
OK.  I apologize.  I'm extra feisty tonight from clearing spruce needles, and some are still embedded in my hands.

Yeah- but who would notice !! :devilish:
Sounds painfull-hope it is all ok !

Offline Boethius

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4847 on: June 05, 2016, 11:30:04 PM »
So you have problems with women who have opinions.  Got it. 

You are indeed a supporter of a fascist regime, and seem to be proud of that fact.

It is beyond my comprehension how anyone can not only support, but admire a regime comprised of former KGB agents, with the blood of millions on their hands.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 11:36:37 PM by Boethius »

Offline The Natural

• Trips: 4 - 10
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4848 on: June 05, 2016, 11:41:29 PM »
So you have problems with women who have opinions.  Got it. 

You are indeed a supporter of a fascist regime, and seem to be proud of that fact.

It is beyond my comprehension how anyone can not only support, but admire a regime comprised of former KGB agents, with the blood of millions on their hands.

I don't have problems with women who have opinions, but as always, when you disagree you spin what I say to suit your own views.

Offline BC

• Trips: 4 - 10
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #4849 on: June 05, 2016, 11:44:13 PM »
Wrong--it is an insult to the others to include BC in that list.

awww so sweet of you to mention me.

Yes, I don't agree with your 'schadensfreude' posts.
Yes, I believe one should contribute and not just distribute.
Yes, I look at both sides of the coin and don't just blame the other.
Yes, I'll call you out when you post unbalanced nonsense.

The only thing I am 'pro' about is reality and learning the truth behind what happens in this world.  The only thing I am against is an attitude that only blames someone else when the root cause of all that ails lies within.

Instead of bitchin' n moanin' UA should write off Crimea and Donetsk and expend all it's efforts and resources instead towards turning UA around politically and economically. Until that is done UA will be preyed upon, overtly by both east and discretely by the west and China.  It's obvious that neither a civil or world war is going to quick fix the issues at hand; aside from the fact there is neither support nor resolve for doing what it takes to get RU to relinquish their influence in disputed areas.

so.. what's wrong with that?

<-- passes the cheese to go with your whine.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541479
Total Topics: 20864
Most Online Today: 3854
Most Online Ever: 12701