It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Chicken Kiev Weekend  (Read 32250 times)

Offline Davo

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
Re: Chicken Kiev Weekend
« Reply #150 on: April 13, 2019, 08:41:06 AM »
"it's warm weather but I always thought a suit or at least a shirt was the way to go out there?

depends on the weather, you want to look nicer than the "average bear" but not stand out
back then I had a lot of high end polo shirts in "spring" colors i'd unbutton in the front to "show off"
also a lot of short sleeve silk shirts

you want the wimmin to notice you
why do you think male birds all have bright plumage
so don't dress "men in black"ish

you want to create a "whooaaa" moment when a woman first sets her eyes on you...

I always wore good quality dress shirts and button up slim fit, short sleeve shirts. With both I wore tight fitting tee shirts underneath. I had black, grey and blue  denim jackets, that were good quality with a slim cut and several other zip up cheaper jackets. Pants... I had 4 pairs of slim fit jeans in various colours. I brought a pair of Vans old school shoes and two pair of cheaper versions in different colours and some Italian leather dress shoes with a 1” heel.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2019, 08:45:16 AM by Davo »

Offline LAman

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #151 on: April 13, 2019, 08:48:27 AM »
I always wore good quality dress shirts and button up slim fit, short sleeve shirts. With both I wore tight fitting tee shirts underneath. I had black, grey and blue  denim jackets, that were good quality with a slim cut and several other zip up cheaper jackets. Pants... I had 4 pairs of slim fit jeans in various colours. I brought a pair of Vans old school shoes and two pair of cheaper versions in different colours and some Italian leather dress shoes with a 1” heel.

No wonder 'K' took one look at you and suggested new clothing from the start!!! ))
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Offline Davo

« Reply #152 on: April 13, 2019, 09:31:51 AM »
No wonder 'K' took one look at you and suggested new clothing from the start!!! ))

Hhaaa, my daughter also seriously questions my fashion sense..... I’m not used to the cold climate. I didn’t really own a jacket before I travelled as even in winter here, it rarely gets below 15c in the day. This summer my city saw almost 47c (I was welding in a leather jacket that day)  and 300km up the road recorded 49c
« Last Edit: April 13, 2019, 09:34:29 AM by Davo »

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #153 on: April 13, 2019, 11:01:19 AM »

Kherson girl (2nd girl I met in Kiev) was a bit like that. I wore shirts and decent fashion brand stuff but she had issue with what I was wearing, several times mentioning it. One bug bear of hers was that I wore too much black. She preferred bright colours in the main. I'm getting the impression maybe a lot of girls like that out that way rather than the dark colours we often get told is the way to go.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Davo

« Reply #154 on: April 13, 2019, 11:15:57 AM »
Kherson girl (2nd girl I met in Kiev) was a bit like that. I wore shirts and decent fashion brand stuff but she had issue with what I was wearing, several times mentioning it. One bug bear of hers was that I wore too much black. She preferred bright colours in the main. I'm getting the impression maybe a lot of girls like that out that way rather than the dark colours we often get told is the way to go.

There were a few stereotypes I heard before travelling, that in my experience when on the ground were opposite. One was the dark colour thing. The other was the chronic alcoholism. From what I saw of middle class Russians they drank less than Australians and the last were that men were bad husbands / fathers  and never helped with the children. I saw some very romantic gestures from middle aged men and there were just as many fathers taking their kids out and spending time with them as the mothers I saw. One other thing I saw was that the people I met had a very good quality of life and definitely weren’t looking to escape their situation.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2019, 11:17:37 AM by Davo »

Offline BdHvA

« Reply #155 on: April 13, 2019, 07:35:54 PM »
Trench Coat, Forget the suit ~ go with Spandex swimming trunks.
Experierence is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you. A. Huxley

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #156 on: April 14, 2019, 04:55:11 AM »
"it's warm weather but I always thought a suit or at least a shirt was the way to go out there?

depends on the weather, you want to look nicer than the "average bear" but not stand out
back then I had a lot of high end polo shirts in "spring" colors i'd unbutton in the front to "show off"
also a lot of short sleeve silk shirts

you want the wimmin to notice you
why do you think male birds all have bright plumage
so don't dress "men in black"ish

you want to create a "whooaaa" moment when a woman first sets her eyes on you...
+1When i see how many westerners are dressed, it's getting worse year after year.
And the forget the whooaa factor when they meet a woman, an FSU are even more conservative on this topic
"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #157 on: April 14, 2019, 05:43:48 AM »
+1When i see how many westerners are dressed, it's getting worse year after year.
And the forget the whooaa factor when they meet a woman, an FSU are even more conservative on this topic

The girl I was with definitely had an idea of fashion/clothing a lot different to me and seemed to view my dress sense with disdain. I dress mainly in darker colours which I see as subdued and refined if you will so somewhat conservative in terms of colour scheme and look even. Now I know some guys in the UK particularly the young crowd may dress in bright colour but overall I would say it's mainly darker colours. I generally thought I was dressed very reasonably and spent a bit of money doing so. So you can imagine my surprise when the girl had issue with my choice of clothing.

So I'm guessing you are in agreement with Krimster then Pay that it is the brighter colours that are the way to go?
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
« Reply #158 on: April 14, 2019, 07:13:21 AM »
The girl I was with definitely had an idea of fashion/clothing a lot different to me and seemed to view my dress sense with disdain. I dress mainly in darker colours which I see as subdued and refined if you will so somewhat conservative in terms of colour scheme and look even. Now I know some guys in the UK particularly the young crowd may dress in bright colour but overall I would say it's mainly darker colours. I generally thought I was dressed very reasonably and spent a bit of money doing so. So you can imagine my surprise when the girl had issue with my choice of clothing.

So I'm guessing you are in agreement with Krimster then Pay that it is the brighter colours that are the way to go?
We can not summarize the question "how to dress" for a man around bright/dark colors. I would advise you to ask to a pro a make a relooking wordshop, providing 2000$ at least for such purpose.
Many time first men don't wear clothes that don't fit them (too large, shirt outside the trouser...).
Come back in the first pages of my trip report "operation white panther" and you will have many photos of possible outfits with different clothes and shoes.
"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #159 on: April 14, 2019, 08:23:46 AM »
We can not summarize the question "how to dress" for a man around bright/dark colors. I would advise you to ask to a pro a make a relooking wordshop, providing 2000$ at least for such purpose.
Many time first men don't wear clothes that don't fit them (too large, shirt outside the trouser...).
Come back in the first pages of my trip report "operation white panther" and you will have many photos of possible outfits with different clothes and shoes.

Thanks Pat, yeah the at least one size too large used to be the mistake I used to make, thinking comfort but neglecting look. Looking back it really didn't look that good wearing stuff way beyond the exact size it would of been. I've noticed some peeps make the opposite mistake, particularly those with a bit of a belly wear they've gone one size too small highlighting all the not so sightly stuff they should have hidden a bit more with a size larger. I'll take a look.

Offline LAman

« Reply #160 on: April 14, 2019, 08:29:46 AM »

The style now is shirts outside of trousers, they are made for this purpose.

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #161 on: April 14, 2019, 09:01:22 AM »
Patagonie, you are asking Trench to spend money.

You should know by now that Trench is the ultimate Scrooge and asking him to part with his cash is  :deadhorse:
I’m sure he gets his wardrobe from the top end Charity shops.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 11:13:14 AM by John Gaunt »

Offline Boethius

« Reply #162 on: April 14, 2019, 10:41:54 AM »

That depends on the style and the event.

This post was composed without the aid of google.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Olga_Mouse

« Reply #163 on: April 14, 2019, 11:03:00 AM »
I had black, grey and blue denim jackets, that were good quality with a slim cut and several other zip up cheaper jackets.

Gosh... Denim jackets! Don't get me wrong, I still own 2 or three of them - and loved the times when they were considered fashionable! - but aren't these times already gone?

Davo, may I ask you: what age group are you aiming at?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 11:58:24 AM by Olga_Mouse »
"If I get through this job without completely losing my mind, it will be a miracle of Biblical proportions" [Commander Susan Ivanova, Earth Alliance space station Babylon 5]

Offline LAman

« Reply #164 on: April 14, 2019, 11:12:56 AM »

That depends on the style and the event.

That is true but it is more popular now. Sure some events are suits or formal wear.
There was a time dress shirts were only made to be tucked in.

This post was composed solely without aid of google.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #165 on: April 14, 2019, 11:18:32 AM »

Gosh... Denim jackets! Don't get me wrong, I still own 2 or three of them - and loved the times when the were considered fashionable! - but aren't these times already gone?

No, they are not, however, some fashion "police" believe they shouldn't be worn by anyone over 40.  Although the monochromatic look can work, denim looks best, I think, when mixed up a bit.

After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Boethius

« Reply #166 on: April 14, 2019, 11:21:21 AM »

That is true but it is more popular now. Sure some events are suits or formal wear.
There was a time dress shirts were only made to be tucked in.

I think dress shirts are always tucked in.  But yes, shirts are now made to not be tucked.  Any short sleeved shirt should not be tucked in.  Any shirt with tails should be, although you do see men committing the faux pas of wearing tailed shirts untucked.  The keys should be the event, and the type of shirt.

This post was composed solely without aid of google.

Oh, did posters also accuse you of googling all your posts?  I post this so that those individuals can see exactly how often I rely on google. 

« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 11:23:11 AM by Boethius »

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #167 on: April 14, 2019, 11:52:05 AM »

It is a 'style' for fat gits ....

Offline Boethius

« Reply #168 on: April 14, 2019, 11:59:59 AM »
Not necessarily.  Our older son is 6' and weighs, soaking wet, 130 lbs.  He wears almost everything untucked, unless he's wearing a suit.  I think this is the trend, particularly with younger men, but when I see it, it's always straight hemmed shirts, or short sleeved shirts.

Offline Olga_Mouse

« Reply #169 on: April 14, 2019, 12:12:53 PM »
Although the monochromatic look can work, denim looks best, I think, when mixed up a bit.

I personally find monochromatic look boring...
...and denim surely looks best when mixed up with something else. E.g. jeans + shirt + jacket of another material \ fabric.
"If I get through this job without completely losing my mind, it will be a miracle of Biblical proportions" [Commander Susan Ivanova, Earth Alliance space station Babylon 5]

Offline LAman

« Reply #170 on: April 14, 2019, 12:15:31 PM »
It is a 'style' for fat gits ....

If you think that, you must be a fat git or you have no style!!! )))

Offline LAman

« Reply #171 on: April 14, 2019, 12:17:35 PM »

Oh, did posters also accuse you of googling all your posts?  I post this so that those individuals can see exactly how often I rely on google. 

Just a tease, relax, I too don't rely on google. And we ALL know everything on internet is COMPLETELY true.

Offline LAman

« Reply #172 on: April 14, 2019, 12:20:55 PM »
I think dress shirts are always tucked in.  But yes, shirts are now made to not be tucked.  Any short sleeved shirt should not be tucked in.   

It depends on the cut, there are many dress shirts made to be untucked. Now if you wear a tie, that is different ))

The event should be the reason your attire should match.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #173 on: April 14, 2019, 12:22:50 PM »
By dress shirts, I mean something formal - button up, intended to be worn with a jacket.  Cotton shirts untucked with a jacket always look sloppy.  If you don't want to tuck in the shirt, wear a t-shirt.

Offline Davo

« Reply #174 on: April 14, 2019, 12:31:37 PM »

Gosh... Denim jackets! Don't get me wrong, I still own 2 or three of them - and loved the times when they were considered fashionable! - but aren't these times already gone?

Davo, may I ask you: what age group are you aiming at?

I think you’re r thinking of the blue denim jackets we all wore in the 80’s (I was 13 in 1990).... They have come a long way since then in cut and style. Most major men’s brands are making versions for all ages. You’re probably walking past men all the time and not realising they are wearing denim due to the colours and style. A few of the brands I have are mossimo, and surf brands Quick Silver and Rusty

I wasn’t looking for any age group in particular I here due to one woman, the same age as me.

I’m 43 and 2 years ago I met a Russian woman online with the view of her teaching me German and me helping her with more advanced English..... one thing lead to another we spent the last 3 weeks together and got on great.

« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 12:37:08 PM by Davo »

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541017
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2385
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 2217
Total: 2227

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:57:04 PM

Re: Plumber earnings by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 09:37:55 PM

Plumber earnings by ML
Yesterday at 07:49:26 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 07:23:34 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 06:28:48 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:48:07 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Yesterday at 04:37:18 PM

If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:17:08 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Yesterday at 01:09:03 PM