It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Poll

Do you think posting photos of ladies in a trip report is OK??

Only if it's THE lady
9 (6.4%)
Any lady in a G rated photo
26 (18.4%)
Only with permission
53 (37.6%)
Any photo at all (even risque)
16 (11.3%)
A simple pic of us together is fine
31 (22%)
No photos...
6 (4.3%)

Total Members Voted: 116

Author Topic: Trip Reports Photos poll  (Read 7392 times)

Offline Daveman

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Trip Reports Photos poll
« on: April 15, 2007, 05:20:43 AM »
With the recent events, I am wondering what are members true thoughts on the issue of posting photos of ladies in Trip Reports.

I have to admit that I've always thought it is a little ethically borderline without prior permission granted, but most seemed to really want to see all the girls.  As a photographer, I always get a signed release form to use images in a portfolio, etc, but this isn't quite practical in this type of situation for obvious reasons.

So, what do you really think?  Is posting photos with TR's bad for OUR  image as western men? Is it disrespectful to FSU women? Any other thoughts?

The recent actions of the Antidate crew are really irrelevant for this discussion.  I am asking what do WE think about this, based on our own sense of ethics, perception of ourselves, and sense of responsibility for the consequences of our actions. Whaddya think?

Dave

The duty of a true patriot is to protect his country from its government. -- Thomas Paine

Offline catzenmouse

• Victory Park - Omsk
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: No Selection
Re: Trip Reports Photos poll
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2007, 06:23:44 AM »
This is really an "it depends" situation. Many of these ladies already have their picture in the internet on some kind of dating web site so it is already available on the internet to begin with.

Now it depends on the context of the post or TR.

- If we had something like "I bedded 8 women and here are their pics." I think we'd have a public hanging for the poster.

- As part of a normal TR I feel that it is fine to do and it adds immensely to the story. We have a lot of pictures here and they really have not been a problem before this latest issue.

- We had one guy awhile back, sorry I cannot remember his name, who had some issues with the lady he went to see. He posted a TR with a pic of them together and it was VERY clear by her actions and especially the picture that she was totally not into him!

- What about street scenes? There are quite often pictures of ladies on the street posted which I am quite sure are enjoyed by many of the readers here. I'm surprised that the "issue" from another thread didn't focus on some of those pictures but perhaps it is not really the pictures that are the issue. Sorry I digress.

Brain is running out of air so I'll stop for now.
 Ken
"Marriage is that relation between man and woman in which the independence is equal, the dependence mutual, and the obligation reciprocal."
-- Louis K. Anspacher

Offline BillyB

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2007, 09:02:21 AM »
So, what do you really think?  Is posting photos with TR's bad for OUR  image as western men? Is it disrespectful to FSU women? Any other thoughts?

I don't think it's bad for our image if you're proud of your woman. I don't even mind posters who post women walking down the street. I like getting a visual of a story. Here's my pride and joy: http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?topic=1303.0

If one is offended by half naked women, do not click here: http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?pid=26
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Bruno

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2007, 09:29:52 AM »
I don't think it's bad for our image if you're proud of your woman. I don't even mind posters who post women walking down the street. I like getting a visual of a story. Here's my pride and joy: http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?topic=1303.0

Yes, i see it... a photo with the comment : "another dirty photo" ... we can clearly see you with a phalic symbol named Komatsu... sorry, you are ready for the black list...

:ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

Offline Gator

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2007, 09:33:34 AM »
most seemed to really want to see all the girls

Yes, but is it necessary for the report?  I think some photos from socials with several women in a photo is acceptable.  Yet a series of photos of different woman, each with one's arms around her, is wrong, dead wrong.  Somewhere in between - possible dependent upon the contex as Ken said.

One should ask himself if the woman would gladly consent to publishing the photo.  If in doubt, call her.  And you know the answer if you are not planning to see her again.

If one came away from the trip with a favorite, and she felt the same, then her photo is acceptable, and it adds a lot to the story.  Strangely, some men will not show a photo of their honey yet show photos of those who did not make the finals.  I think it should be the reverse.

So a guideline for image could be:  would the photo feel acceptable if this were your sister, daughter (for the old coots here), or future wife?

Offline Bruno

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2007, 11:29:13 AM »
One should ask himself if the woman would gladly consent to publishing the photo.  If in doubt, call her.  And you know the answer if you are not planning to see her again.

Why only in case of doubt... better always ask... for my first trip, it was yes from the two ladies... but after some time, the original one that i have visited have seek again a potential husband ( his local boyfriend have not stay long ) and she have ask to remove them...

For my last trip in Odessa, i was writting daily my report in a book... She was reviewing it and correct it... by example, to much sensitive data about who she was, where she work, her job... she was simply fearing that someone of his job read it on internet and inform her boss that she was with a foreigner...  later, i have choose for not post it... she have not prohibith me to post it but she was not very confortable about it.

When you are taking a photo, it is not difficult to ask the lady if she agree that you post it in a trip report... and when you write something concerning the lady, it is not difficult to send her a e-mail with the text and ask if she agree or if she wish delete/change something...

Offline wxman

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2007, 11:42:16 PM »
When it comes to socials, the person operating that social is the one who must make aware to all people that their photos may used for advertising. Placing them on a forum by a person operating socials is a form of advertising, and thus the people in the pictures should be aware that this may occur. Individuals taking and posting pictures of the women they met, dated or are still dating should have the common courtesy to ask permission of these women if it is ok to post for the entire world to see. I would doubt many of the women would agree to it. Once on the internet, they can be copied, placed on other sites, and used by scamming dating agencies too.  TR do not need to have photos of women, but if they have been asked and know which photos will be posted, and they agree to it, I see no problem. I also agree that they also have the right to know what you will write about them, and should give permission for that to be posted.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2007, 11:45:06 PM by wxman »
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting that vote." – Benjamin Franklin -

Offline Zmejka

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2007, 02:59:09 AM »
I agree it should be done from girl's permission. Posters posting their pics from TR didn't have problems with the girls (if they are not their wives) because the girls could not expect their pictures together will be placed on forums and in general they rarely read such forums if have the computer in access. I already wrote in another thread that they can be positive about a guy showing pictures to his family or friends but internet it's different.
If to compare the photos girls post on the dating sites with photos from TR - the main difference is in the first case they are fully aware to let the others see their pictures - so the site posts them from their content but with TR i really doubt they at least know about that. Try to ask about it - and you'll know for sure their opinion.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2007, 03:01:00 AM by Zmejka »

Offline Daveman

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2007, 06:17:34 AM »
I would agree that "street scenes" are pretty much nothing.  Monuments, tourist places, street scenes where simply "everybody" is walking around.  Those are pretty much tourist photos anyway really.  I guess it would also depend on the personality of your girl.  Some may not care. Others may go absolutely ballistic if they found out afterwards. 

I would feel a little 'strange in the gut' posting pics of anyone other than my girl... and same for her alone, without permission.  That feeling would be my own moral compass giving me a kick.

I see nothing wrong with a 'simple pic of us' as part of the story, but even then, I'd ask her before posting just because it's more of a trust issue.  I'm not saying trust would be broken if I did post it, but it easily could be, so to me it isn't worth the risk. At the very least she'd probably feel a little strange about it.

That's one lesson I finally learned.  There are some things that are nothing to me, but damn sure ARE something to her.  And I guess we all learn those kinds of lessons - after we do them.

I really don't care if my pic is in a post somewhere because I like the idea of scaring the hell out of anyone who clicks through and sees it.   :P

Dave

The duty of a true patriot is to protect his country from its government. -- Thomas Paine

Offline MaxxumUSA

• Back in the game!
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2007, 04:22:27 PM »
Hmm...

I let my Elena read/view all of my posts here.  She had never mentioned any objection to my posting of photos.  I think if she was not serious about me she might object.  Not sure...  just guessing.

Also there are some more personal photos (not nudes...  just personal) that are just for us and family to enjoy.

This is a tough decision.

I voted G rated OK by the way.
Back to having fun in life!

Offline wiz

• Alt Forum
  • Born in Greece living in England
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2007, 09:10:48 PM »
Writing a travel report and adding photos in it, some one above said, adds colour and feel to the report and I agree. It makes it more enjoyable to read and the reader can visualise a little the narrative of the report.

Having published many holiday brochures for over 25 years, I have learned that is important that you always must have the written permission of the person appearing in the photo. That way as Daveman said you avoid any copyright issues and other problems.

In our travel reports here of course you have to ask the permission of the woman if she has any objections to publish her photo here or not, is a matter of courtesy. I do not agree with the thinking just because the woman has already posted her photo in an internet dating site you are free to post her photos here too. After all these photos taken for private consumption and therefore you must ask the woman if she agrees or not.

Despite the recent events and everybody knows what happen, I totally agree with you BillyB, if you are proud of your woman and you have her permission then why not show the world your pride and joy. I have no insecurity problem and I am not afraid to publish my photo.

Offline mirror

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2007, 09:30:27 PM »
...if you have her permission

Offline Shadow

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2007, 01:49:03 AM »
I think that seeing a picture of the couple together with a trip report contributes to the advise. Often we can see signs that are hidden to the poster which show if they are in to each other or not.
But I would advise to ask permission, even if that might open the can of worms of your woman reading this forum and seeing your previous writings.  ;D
If you want to show off you woman,be prepared to show your own mug as well.  ;)
No it is not a dog. Its really how I look.  ;)

Offline DKMM

« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2007, 02:42:10 AM »
Well if you end up with one girl after the trip, she should be the only one with a photo on here, but that is common sense really.  I would say any photo that she would not mind being posted is fine.  If things take a turn for the worse later though, I would consider deleting it.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 9
Guests: 1958
Total: 1967

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM