It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: The best path to take...  (Read 10996 times)

Offline Vasilisa

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: Resident
Re: The best path to take...
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2012, 09:03:35 PM »
Yes, about 3 years ahead of time.

Complete your first visit.

Then make plans for second  visit within the year; if all went well in  first meeting.

Then, start making plans for third visit within a year of that, perhaps a month long visit for her to your country.

Then start talking about marriage . . . not before.
If that had worked you and me would have been married now, lol Besides the guy is 29 and he may need sex more often than twice a year for 3 years' time
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 09:10:14 PM by Vasilisa »

Offline hynnilau

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2012, 09:25:08 PM »
She knows English, she has an interest in Australia, our culture, history ect. She also has distant relatives in Sydney and has studied English for the past 3 years and it shows as it is rather good. She does still get confused by some words but is always keen to look them up and learn more, smart girl with a high education. ( I know I've found a diamond right). Her family also know some English, but not as good as I understand.

Thanks for th tip on learning some russian, I will do so.

@vas: I have a distinct advantage, I am young and she is the same age.
With the credentials I stated.

In my opinion and its unfortunate but older guys are at a disadvantage, I think of it from a women's perspective. I'm a Russian lady in my 20's why would I be interest (in some cases balding) older guy perhaps 20 years or more my senior? Unless it was to get out of my country. Dont get me wrong I am not saying its impossible for older and youger to fall in love but one must not ignore the facts.

Think about every girls dream it is to meeting a young handsome man in the same age bracket that has similar morals (these are the good women). The bad ones may seek money or simply to leave their country any way they can. (Which is understandable along with immigration screening processes for visa's.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 09:42:55 PM by hynnilau »

Offline Vasilisa

« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2012, 09:42:09 PM »
Gone :popcorn:

Offline cc3

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2012, 11:09:22 PM »
Aloha hinnyilau:

Could you explain why your marginal profile info states that you are and have been married for 10+ years to a Russian...and that you are now wishing to connect with another FSU woman. Are you trying to effect a polygamous relationship with Slavic women? Is that allowed in Oz?  :popcorn:

Offline hynnilau

« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2012, 12:24:33 AM »
Yeah we can have 10 wives here..
I am up to my 7th....and 4 are up the duff.

No, when I got all these unhelpful posts I changed all my details I was even from Afghanistan. It is fixed now.

Offline Marian

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2012, 05:11:55 AM »
This thread is confusing me completely  :deadhorse:

Offline ML

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2012, 05:55:59 PM »
ML bangs everyone he talks to on this site when the first come on here . . .

Actually, that is not true.

Do a little more research on my first posts to newbies seeking help and you will find I most always refer them to the "Pursuing FSUW 101" thread
http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?topic=14615.0

But when someone comes with wild ideas, then something a little stronger may be best for them.

Some of the best (corrective) advice I received early in my professional career came with a pretty good slap.  I was mad as he!! at the moment, but never made those mistakes again.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline cc3

« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2012, 06:16:06 PM »
Yeah we can have 10 wives here..
I am up to my 7th....and 4 are up the duff.

No, when I got all these unhelpful posts I changed all my details I was even from Afghanistan. It is fixed now.

You are an Afghan vet? Thank you for your service!  :clapping:

Offline jone

« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2012, 06:52:44 PM »
Actually, that is not true.

Do a little more research on my first posts to newbies seeking help and you will find I most always refer them to the "Pursuing FSUW 101" thread
http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?topic=14615.0

But when someone comes with wild ideas, then something a little stronger may be best for them.

Some of the best (corrective) advice I received early in my professional career came with a pretty good slap.  I was mad as he!! at the moment, but never made those mistakes again.

I stand corrected.   Just don't run 'em off the tract before they've completed their first lap.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline TheTraveler

• Married to a Disproportionately Hot Russian Wife
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2012, 08:09:06 PM »

In my opinion and its unfortunate but older guys are at a disadvantage, I think of it from a women's perspective. I'm a Russian lady in my 20's why would I be interest (in some cases balding) older guy perhaps 20 years or more my senior? Unless it was to get out of my country. Dont get me wrong I am not saying its impossible for older and youger to fall in love but one must not ignore the facts.

Think about every girls dream it is to meeting a young handsome man in the same age bracket that has similar morals (these are the good women). The bad ones may seek money or simply to leave their country any way they can. (Which is understandable along with immigration screening processes for visa's.

... and then sometimes the handsome young guy she marries turns out to be every girl's worst nightmare.

Offline JayH

« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2012, 10:48:32 PM »

What a stupid piece of arrogant comment. You forgot to ad "as dumb as" in you description of yourself.
You come to the forum and ask questions that are answered in numerous threads-- are you incapable to find them?Good for those that indulged  you and have tried to help-- you would be well served to read info on topic already her-- as many variations are discussed.
Mostly Australian posters on forums show good manners and respect-- and common sense.
Now to the crux of your offensive obnoxious arrogance--your presumption about  why  a FSUW would consider a "balding" guy 20 years older-- perhaps because he is mature and has grown up already-- mostly 29 yo FSUW are well and truly over having a baby as an excuse for a man.
Grow up and show some respect for those on forum that have tried to offer advice-- I note you behaved like a little cry baby and wanted thread deleted-- what a joke.
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline jone

« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2012, 11:15:43 PM »
Gentlemen!!!

There are two schools of thought by the UW's that I have met.  The first group wants to stay in country and marry their same age.  But the second group, that are choosing to go out of country, seem to not mind an insubstantial age difference in their future spouse. 

The age difference between myself and the gal I see now is just less than 10 years.  I am certain I could have gone with a bigger difference, but that is what I am comfortable with. 

For many of the men that are seeking UWs or RWs or FSUWs, the ultimate objective is to fall in love, get married and have a family.   Too great of an age difference and the chemistry for a family just doesn't work.  The women know that.  We know that.

I am just like other men here.  I would easily put myself up against someone my gal's age with great confidence that I would win her heart over the guy almost ten years younger.  And it has absolutely nothing to do with my wallet.  But simply the knowledge and maturity that it took to fill that wallet in the first place. 

There is room on this forum for both the young and the young at heart.  Let's keep things civil.

-j
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline southernX

« Reply #37 on: November 29, 2012, 11:31:46 PM »
GENTLEMEN .

at the end of the day what matters is are you the man with the right attitude she will trust , appreciate , respect and give her heart to with 100% committment ??

AND are you able to do the same in return to her ??

age , money etc all take a  back seat to the above if you are looking long term for a life partner

SX
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

Offline Eduard

• Commercial Member Restricted
  • Family is where it's at!
« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2012, 06:38:57 PM »
Just curious.  How are you two communicating through Skype.  Are you using the translation program or does she know English?  (That is what you guys speak Down Under, don't you? Hehehe)

I am interested in knowing someone who is using the new translation program add-on that I have heard about.

In any event, if you are to meet her family, I recommend going onto Biki and at least spend an hour a day for as long as you can before you go.  It is amazing how far you can get with only 200 russian words.  I remember the first time I tried to spell Putesheshtvavot.  If you need something even more basic, use MasterRussian.com and start with the alphabet.

But let me know about the Skype add-on.  I'm curious.

-j
I've seen skype translator in action and it's the worst translation I've ever seen. Hope this helps.
realrussianmatch.com

Offline calmissile

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2012, 06:56:05 PM »
I've seen skype translator in action and it's the worst translation I've ever seen. Hope this helps.

Actually, using google translate with Skype was terrible.  The other translator programs I recommended are working much better.  We use them everyday.  One thing that helps is for each party to send/receive only one sentence at a time.  It also allows you to indicate that a particular word did not translate properly so the sender can rephrase or choose a different word.  In any case it sure beats the helll out of google translate and other cut and paste translators.
Doug (Calmissile)

Offline hynnilau

« Reply #40 on: December 04, 2012, 04:50:08 PM »
@ jay: mad bro? I obviously hit a nerve here. Don't lose any sleep over it and all you have said keep telling yourself if it makes you feel better. You will still wake up in the morning and still look the same in the mirror. at the end of the day you have your opinions and I have mine. you have no idea what sort of person or how mature or immature I really am. Keep guessing baby.

@ML: what you experienced doesn't mean everyone else will experience the same.

@jone & southern: your advice is always well received. If only some of these other knuckle heads would take a leaf from your books.

Offline ML

« Reply #41 on: December 04, 2012, 05:11:03 PM »

@ML: what you experienced doesn't mean everyone else will experience the same.

@jone & southern: your advice is always well received. If only some of these other knuckle heads would take a leaf from your books.

Wait a minute here!!  :o

What purpose is served by your comment to me.
That is like telling someone that just because apple pie is their favorite, that apple pie might not be everyone's favorite.
Well duh.

And then to add to your silliness, you praise the advice of two others,  without adding the equally applicable . . . what you experienced doesn't mean everyone else will experience the same.

I am really hurt by this discrimination and will not sleep well tonight.  I may even call my mother.   :'(
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline hynnilau

« Reply #42 on: December 04, 2012, 05:42:25 PM »
Wait a minute here!!  :o

What purpose is served by your comment to me.
That is like telling someone that just because apple pie is their favorite, that apple pie might not be everyone's favorite.
Well duh.

And then to add to your silliness, you praise the advice of two others,  without adding the equally applicable . . . what you experienced doesn't mean everyone else will experience the same.

I am really hurt by this discrimination and will not sleep well tonight.  I may even call my mother.   :'(

Ah there we go, I knew you weren't so bad after all. I laughed hard at the last part, thank you. :)

Offline JayH

« Reply #43 on: December 07, 2012, 02:09:42 AM »
@ jay: mad bro? I obviously hit a nerve here. Don't lose any sleep over it and all you have said keep telling yourself if it makes you feel better. You will still wake up in the morning and still look the same in the mirror. at the end of the day you have your opinions and I have mine. you have no idea what sort of person or how mature or immature I really am. Keep guessing baby.
om your books.

Your maturity level is obvious in all your posts-- so -no need for anyone to be guessing.My comments all stand-- and reinforced in this post. I am not into insults for the sake of it on the internet-- but your ignorance knows no bounds.Make sure you keep us all posted here on how your life is-- my guess is that will amuse us for some time. Or will you want to do some more sooking and have thread deleted?
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline hynnilau

« Reply #44 on: December 07, 2012, 02:50:41 AM »
Your maturity level is obvious in all your posts-- so -no need for anyone to be guessing.My comments all stand-- and reinforced in this post. I am not into insults for the sake of it on the internet-- but your ignorance knows no bounds.Make sure you keep us all posted here on how your life is-- my guess is that will amuse us for some time. Or will you want to do some more sooking and have thread deleted?

Hahaha you amuse me old bloke.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 03:29:55 AM by hynnilau »

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541011
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1907
Total: 1918

+-Recent Posts

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 04:37:18 PM

If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 04:17:08 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 02:48:08 PM

Today at 01:09:03 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:51:13 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Today at 09:47:10 AM