It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Opinion Regarding Tiger Woods  (Read 82235 times)

Offline GQBlues

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
Re: Opinion Regarding Tiger Woods
« Reply #50 on: December 06, 2009, 11:01:55 AM »
Not sure if anyone else here aside from Gator is an avid golfer. But this Tiger drama will undoubtedly have a rippling effect well beyond the Windemere residence. Golf Channel reported that when Tiger first turned pro in '96, the total PGA purse was 65 million - it's grown to 275 million through the Tiger years. Is there a doubt PGA players are concerned the effect this may have in their careers? That goes for the past, current, and budding players - worldwide. Even Arnold, Jack, and Miller had reaped higher financial windfalls since and because of Tiger.

After our recent economic turmoil, Finchen had been busy trying to find, replace, and solicit sponsors for future tournament events. Many sponsors already had bowed out because of economic times i.e. Buick, Target, etc...so the league already was in danger even before this event (check LPGA). That, on top off the fact TV contracts are all up for renegotiation next year.

Not least of all, Tiger also single-handedly banished the racial barriers in the sport (remember the fiasco at Augusta?).

The league thought there were attractive promises for next year at least. Phil's late season resurgence as his valid challenger. Tiger's season will see him with an even more advantage (opined) because of rule changes regarding 'U' grooves. The US Open's return to Pebble Beach, British to St Andrew's - then of course, the inclusion of Golf into the Olympics in 2K16.

Ironically, Golf is known as the sport of Gentlemen. A game of patience, integrity, and grace. Morals aside, this event will have a far wider effect - global, as Tigermania had reached deep into Asia, SA, and even the Middle-East. Tiger single-handedly changed the present and future landscape of his sport. He stands to maybe single-handedly take it all back. Already his tournament this weekend in 1000 Oaks, like the rest of the Tiger-less tournaments, clearly lacks the buzz and electricity it has when Tiger is out on the course firing his stingers.

Like Magic, Bird, and Jordan - athletes credited for changing and saving the course of their league's existence, Tiger stood the chance to be even bigger than those 3 combined. I, for one, hopes he saves par.

Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline BC

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #51 on: December 06, 2009, 11:23:00 AM »
The highest trees in the forest catch the most wind.

Over night, the guy has a substance abuse problem, his wife is a husband beater, and all kinds of 'immoral' affairs coming out of the woodwork.

If anything, it highlights press desire to to feed public lust for fallen heroes in an all consuming frenzy.

Shame.

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #52 on: December 06, 2009, 11:33:25 AM »
Asking for more money makes her worse in my opinion. 

Where did you read that at? After learning of the affairs, I'm sure Elin stated she was leaving so Tiger went into panic/damage control mode. Tiger could also be looking at this as another investment since an ugly divorce will bring out more dirty laundry and he stands more to lose a lot more money in endorsements if his squeaky clean image is lost. Go to keep selling that image to kids. Maybe, and I say this lightly, he's truly trying to prove his love with this money and promises from this day on to build a strong marriage with his wife. Why did he do it? My guess is either he's the kind of man that gives into temptation easily, enjoys living it up while he's got the money and fame, or Elin was a cold fish and didn't take care of her man.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline KenC

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #53 on: December 06, 2009, 11:42:26 AM »
GQ (and others),
I know that this all has drastically changed Tiger's squeaky clean image.  Even if he really is not so pure with the comments about cursing up thread.  Don't you think when all the hub bub settles down, he may be even more popular?  The greatest golfer of all time and a stud too.  I think Slick Willy became more popular after the Monica dust settled.  Clinton and even JFK are looked on in almost a higher regard now because they had a playboy side too.  I am sure he will take an intial hit, but his target market is adult men mostly.  Even Kobe just got his first endorsment deal since the RAPE allegations.

Contrary to what I just said, I read where Tiger is getting a lot of flak from the black community.  Not for his infidelities, but because they were only white women.  The thought is that is he had strayed with an occasional black woman, he would be a hero.
KenC
« Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 03:05:22 PM by KenC »
You are a den of vipers and thieves-Andrew Jackson on banks
Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies-Thomas Jefferson

Offline BillyB

« Reply #54 on: December 06, 2009, 11:47:55 AM »
  Don't you think when all the hub bub settles down, he may be even more popular? 

If I remember right, there's a saying that bad(or any) publicity is good publicity. Maybe it'll make him more popular in some ways because more people than ever around the World now are talking about "Tiger Woods" but one thing is for certain, this is going to hit him hard in the pocketbook.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
« Reply #55 on: December 06, 2009, 11:52:02 AM »
 I was wondering why this thread is in the 'Questions to Ladies' forum? 
~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #56 on: December 06, 2009, 12:12:59 PM »
KenC-

Tough question, man. As Kenny Perry (fellow PGA player) said in an interview, what happens next to Tiger (and the league) highly depends on Tiger and what he does from here on in. Apparently none of his peers knew any part of this either, or at least won't admit to knowing about it.

If I were to tailor the event following Magic's infidelity, then I would likely say it would have a huge impact. But if I looked at Kobe Bryant's case (and slick Willy or even David Letterman) - it may not have a big of an impact at all. One thing's for certain however, Golf is a mental game and while Tiger is tough on the course, I would imagine this would have a huge impact on the mental side of his game.

As for the black community uproar - Hahah! I bet it's the usual suspects, too! The interesting thing about this is, Tiger is NOT black in the sense America's African-American folks are known to be. Tiger is more Thai than African-American (I believe his Dad was half African-American, 1/4 Thai and 1/4 American-Indian) - in short a typical American hybrid. It's silly for these folks to keep calling him 'African-American when everyone knows his Mum is a Thai. He is less of an African-American than our half-breed vassilator-in-Chief.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 12:32:43 PM by GQBlues »
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.

Offline Gator

« Reply #57 on: December 06, 2009, 02:47:44 PM »
Arnie or Jack would never behave in
that manner.

Not with alcohol or profanity. 

However, Arnie had a reputation for the women.  At a tournament decades ago Arnie walked near my date and me.  he looked long and hard at her.  She said, "He made me wet."

Hope JD makes a comeback.

People accept JD for the redneck he is.  He certainly is not pretentious.  However, he has a severe case of alcoholism.  It is up to him to hit'em straight.

Offline tim 360

« Reply #58 on: December 06, 2009, 02:51:30 PM »
I don't see this as a long term big problem for Tiger, there are just too many people and corps making big money with Tiger.  Very soon a slick spin machine will start to cleverly manipulate the media.  Right now they are test spinning many different approaches and scenarios on how to handle this.  With Tiger looking better the money will keep coming in.  The entire golfing industry alone will come to help him.  Without Tiger--there are not the crowds and the money.  Just put Tiger in a tournament and the excitement level goes way up, whether his wins or places 4th.  NOBODY else in golf does that. They need him badly.  Will he still attract the audience?  Sure.  And if he wins all this will slowly be forgotten.

Besides, its not like he hit a dog with a golf club or anything.  Then he'd be in Michael Vick territory.  Tiger just had a bunch of affairs with a bunch of women all to willing to accommodate him.  The spirit is strong but the flesh is weak.  Actually the whole thing is like a comedy show.
"Never argue with a fool,  onlookers may not be able to tell the difference".  Mark Twain

Offline Gator

« Reply #59 on: December 06, 2009, 02:58:49 PM »
Tiger has been a sex addict prior to their marriage...How do I know - fishing is my hobby as well at very expensive remote locations.  Sometimes lodge owners get drunk and talk and show photos.

I believe you; this makes a lot of sense. 

But Tiger's wife is no angel either.  Asking for more money makes her worse in my opinion.  Tiger is just treating her like the whore she is as well.  So two whores get married.  

We don't know the full story.  We don't know her.  Jesper says she is a genuine sweetheart even if she tried to maim Tiger.  Maybe Tiger volunteered to give her more money. Child custody would be the bigger issue.  Perhaps she wants a father for her children and she hopes he will change.  If not, she will live comfortably with her babies.

If Tiger's father was still alive he would give Tiger a good 'whooping.'

My wife never heard of tiger before and when she saw a photo and since he was black did not want to discuss him.

My wife thinks Tiger is attractive.  Everybody is different.  

Offline BC

« Reply #60 on: December 06, 2009, 03:01:20 PM »
Arnie or Jack would never behave in that manner.

Guess I'm not a golfer.. Schwarzenegger and Nicholson came to mind..

was about to draw my clue bat..

Offline Gator

« Reply #61 on: December 06, 2009, 03:11:47 PM »
Guess I'm not a golfer.. Schwarzenegger and Nicholson came to mind..

was about to draw my clue bat..

:ROFL:

Arnie and Jack were also known as the King and Bear.  So you probably don't know the Slammer and the Squire.  Not important, not in the least.

Offline Gator

« Reply #62 on: December 06, 2009, 03:12:16 PM »
I was wondering why this thread is in the 'Questions to Ladies' forum? 

Using Tiger only to prompt some thought, I was wondering whether RW thought it was okay for their husband to have sex with other women provided it was just sex and not love.

I was wondering if those RW who said it is "not okay" would be violent towards their husband.

I was wondering if it changed anything if the guilty husband gave his RW a lot of money.

Then the RWD men took over, as happens frequently in "Ask the RW" threads. 

Also, I phrased my questions too open ended, so I did not get the type response I expected from the few RW who participated.  So blame me.  Nevertheless, it is an interesting thread,  and it did touch on my primary objective.

Offline KenC

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #63 on: December 06, 2009, 03:23:21 PM »
Gator,
My dad had a signed framed photo of Sam Snead in his workshop. ;)  And my mom would always sigh when Arnie was on TV.  Not to make you feel too old. :rolleyes2:
KenC
You are a den of vipers and thieves-Andrew Jackson on banks
Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies-Thomas Jefferson

Offline SANDRO43

« Reply #64 on: December 06, 2009, 03:31:19 PM »
Arnie and Jack were also known as the King and Bear.
Meaning Palmer and Nicklaus, IINM ;)? And what about Gary Player and Lee Trevino ;D?
Milan's "Duomo"

Offline BC

« Reply #65 on: December 06, 2009, 03:54:01 PM »
And what about Gary Player

The Gary Player Stud Farm has received worldwide acclaim for breeding

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Player

Does that make me a good journalist?

Offline I/O

« Reply #66 on: December 06, 2009, 04:26:53 PM »
Hope this shows up clearly enough to read. It appeared and a a local newspaper this morning.

Offline Turboguy

« Reply #67 on: December 06, 2009, 04:50:28 PM »
Gator,
My dad had a signed framed photo of Sam Snead in his workshop. ;)  And my mom would always sigh when Arnie was on TV.  Not to make you feel too old. :rolleyes2:
KenC
A lot of women sighed with Arnie was on TV.   Yes, the framed photo of Sam Sneed does make me feel old.  Heck if I would have been on the putting green at Greenbrier when I was supposed to be I would have been putting with him.   My co golfers told me he left about two minutes before I got there (late)

To be totally correct it wasn't "The Bear" it was "The Golden Bear" and it wasn't the slammer it was Slammin Sammy Sneed.   I am not placing "The Squire" and do know a lot of the golfers way back even before my time.   I could make some guesses but theyu would be just that.

Offline Gator

« Reply #68 on: December 06, 2009, 05:39:45 PM »
Sam Snead - stories about Slamming Sammy. 

1.  One of my golfing friends was playing at Greenbrier in a foursome.  They had hit onto a Par 3, parked their carts  and were walking to the green.  Suddenly a golf ball hits on the green in their midst.

They look around wondering where it came from, thinking it an errant shot from another hole.  They look back to the tee and see a single golfer with caddy approaching them. 

They stop and study him.  As he walked closer they could tell it was Sam Snead.  Sam walked up to green, his caddy removed the pin, and Sam sunk his putt for a birdie.  He walked away.  Never said a word, not "Excuse me" or "Thank you."

2.  Sometimes he would without an invitation just join golfers  while playing at Greenbrier.  He would play a couple of holes and move on, giving some pointers along the way.  When the golfers finished the round they received a bill for "Playing Lesson with Snead."

3.  My three friends and I saw him at his Sam Snead's Tavern in Homestead.  He was dining and we asked him several questions, and he answered them and never stopped chewing. He was so old that he had to hold his money up close to read the denomination. Interesting night.  The most fascinating was when he asked us, "What's my ringer score at Greenbrier?"  Greenbrier has only two par 5s and he had an ace on only one par three (among his career 56 aces).  His answer, "Two over twos."  Incredibly good.  And he did not send us a bill.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 05:41:37 PM by Gator »

Offline BillyB

« Reply #69 on: December 06, 2009, 06:54:21 PM »

I was wondering if it changed anything if the guilty husband gave his RW a lot of money.

Although there is a lot of tough talk by the RW, some may throw out their values if money was involved. I got a call from a local RW last night and the conversation went like this.

RW: Hi Billy

Me: Hi RW. So what inspired you to finally return the calls I made to you a couple of weeks ago? I thought you lost interest in me or found someone else.

RW: I didn't want to call because you didn't seem interested in marriage and family.

Me: You probably have me mixed up with another guy or you misunderstood me. I said we should start out as friends and I'm open to having a serious relationship and marriage with the right woman. We've only went out once so it's too early to talk of marriage.

RW: I'm a serious woman and I don't search for just friends or lovers. I want to go with man only for marriage. Why did you divorce your Russian wife?(sizing me up to see if I could qualify being her husband)

Me: You must have me mixed up with another man again. I told you had a Ukrainian wife. I then tell her why we divorced and one reason was because we married to early without truly understanding we were compatible with each other.

RW: Okay, how long will it take you to decide if you want marry? Years, months, weeks or one more date with me?

Me: It would take me months and possibly more than a year. It's best we go out with as friends first and not talk of marriage so soon. I appreciate the fact you are marriage minded but if you marry a guy too quick, you will probably end up divorcing. Remember you told me you agreed to marry within two weeks when first meeting your FSU husband who brought you here?. You have to take some time to know who you're going to marry. Let me ask you some questions. What do you think is a man's and woman's responsibility to each other in marriage?

RW: My man should support me and buy me what I need such as clothes and a car.

Me: What are the responsibilities of the man who's dating you?

RW: Same.

Me: In America it doesn't work that way. We date to learn more about if we could live and share a life together. Sometimes the women even pay for dinners on dates.

RW: If you don't want to marry or you will take long time to decide, I want to make a suggestion. I don't need to go to restaurants or movies. I need support. I don't work and I go to college now. If you don't want marriage and only want to be lovers then I still need help. A man should help his woman.

Me: What kind of help do you need in your life??

RW: About $500 but you can't be jealous if I continue to search for a husband.

Wow! The adventures of being a single man I tell ya. Here is a woman that seems focused on marriage and family but willing to temporarily trade her goals and values for some financial help while allowing me the opportunity to serve her physical needs while she searches for a husband.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 06:56:16 PM by BillyB »

Offline JohnDearGreen

• It's 5 o'clock somewhere...
« Reply #70 on: December 06, 2009, 07:44:21 PM »
People accept JD for the redneck he is.... However, he has a severe case of alcoholism. 

He is no longer an alcoholic.  His new girlfriend, a Hooters exec and former Hooter's waitress from Chicago,
has "straightened him out" and "tamed the Wild Thing" with coffee and Snickers candy bars:

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/sport/anna-cladakis-chiefly-responsible-for-turning-dalys-life-around/story-e6frg7mf-1225805927903
http://www.theage.com.au/sport/golf/daly-throws-weight-behind-obesity-battle-20091201-k3sd.html

Offline Turboguy

« Reply #71 on: December 07, 2009, 03:54:39 AM »
Well, it looks like more mistresses are pouring out of the wood work.   Now it appears he had an ongoing affair with Cori Rist

http://www.yardbarker.com/golf/article_external/Alleged_Tiger_Mistress_6_8216NYC_Clubgoer_8217_Cori_Rist/1692342

And a 14 month affair with Mindy Lawton a Perkins waitress.

http://www.yardbarker.com/golf/article_external/Mistress_5_Claim_Perkins_Waitress_Mindy_Lawton/1690063

We all knew Tiger was famous for swinging a club we must have been a little confused about what club he was really good at swinging.

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #72 on: December 07, 2009, 08:25:51 AM »
LOL...Tiger Woods is hitting for a double bogey.

The three things I remember John D the most was the speech he gave after winning the British Open; a bad tee shot and immediately hurling his driver away; and when teed-up facing the crowd to prove he can hit the ball above everyone's head.

Did you guys spotted Lee Westwood's gamesmanship yesterday at the 18th?

Offline Gator

« Reply #73 on: December 07, 2009, 08:47:51 AM »
BillyB,

A good post, and it will be lost in this thread.  I suggest that you start a new thread or place it in VWRW's entitlement thread.

BTW, I have had the same conversation as you with a couple of RW, but it has always occurred after spending a few days with a RW - not in phone conversations before the first meeting.  She is a brave bold girl.

Offline Gator

« Reply #74 on: December 07, 2009, 08:48:55 AM »

Did you guys spotted Lee Westwood's gamesmanship yesterday at the 18th?

Missed it, watching football.  What happened?

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 9
Guests: 1966
Total: 1975

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM