It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: OK, you passed stage 1 - you are 'in' to each other.. Some signs ?))  (Read 15526 times)

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: OK, you passed stage 1 - you are 'in' to each other.. Some signs ?))
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2015, 10:39:34 PM »
I am often asked - why do you prefer a Women from the former Soviet Union as opposed to a local lass?

The answer I give is 'their mentality' if they are 'in' to you......

One of the things they do is to take ownership of your appearance. You are no longer
permitted to go outside with a wrinkled shirt or a hair sticking out of your ear or rough
finger nails or a hundred things like that.
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline msmobyone

• patriotism is the last vestige of fools, but hey
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2015, 11:00:47 PM »
One of the things they do is to take ownership of your appearance. You are no longer
permitted to go outside with a wrinkled shirt or a hair sticking out of your ear or rough
finger nails or a hundred things like that.

:D

This makes me smile, Beel.

SC is tiny and has a thing for OTT Platform shoes - which I dislike - when 'elegance v height factor' is exceeded.... My feelings on this are known, but discounted ....

I bought a pair of bright orange swimming trunks  - we both like bright colours - and she told me to take them back as I'd look 'blue' / gay or I worked for Russian railways... :-\

I have poor toe nails - thanks for those genes, Dad !-  and found myself becoming a metro-sexual as S.C PAINTED my toe and finger nails with a neutral matt gloss - to 'improve' their appearance.

The things we do for love.... no-one noticed, but my nails smelt good..
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 11:08:41 PM by msmobyone »
Please excuse the Curmudgeon in my posts ..he will be cured by being reunited with his loved one ;)

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2015, 11:38:19 PM »

My feelings on this are known, but discounted ....

LOL  ;D
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline Noch1

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2015, 03:22:47 AM »
On a topic such as this, many will believe based on there direct experiences.
Looking at your own life or that a few people you know is to small of a sample size.

I find people today are far more open minded, than even 10 years ago.
I see more age gaps, more interracial, even more openly gay relationships.

For anyone to say to another, she is only with you because of A,B,C is short sighted at the very least. ( for what its worth, I don't have big age gap)
Common sense, Is not so common!

Offline AC

• Banned Member
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2015, 09:25:04 AM »
Or they are just telling you what they believe you (a relatively "old" guy)  want to hear. :)

If this attitude were so prevalent, most FSUW would be married to much older FSUM.  Most are not, and never have been.

While this is certainly true, they are not the outliers.  By very nature of being willing to marry a Western man versus only marrying somebody within their own culture, they have other differences as well in regards to what is acceptable.

Offline AC

• Banned Member
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2015, 09:52:24 AM »
I kinda doubted that I'd get any real discussion here.  Am a little disappointed. 

I know that I have certain attributes which attract a younger woman.  My zip code, my avocation, whatever. 

But many of the couples that I have met do not have my advantages.  I asked one gal from Belarus why she hooked up with a guy 25 years her senior.  She said that she felt that in the years to come she would age faster than her husband.    Now this is a beautiful gal who had Los Angeles at her finger tips.  Her guy is in the computer business and does not have a lot of money.  He lives in a condo in the Hollywood hills area and my guess is that he's on his third marriage after some discussion.

I would put her pics up here from VK, but don't want to invade their privacy.  They are a fun and good looking couple. 

Does regional mores have something to do with these attitudes?  Dunno.

Even in the USA women have always actually preferred a slightly older guy.  Take the High School girls who would only go out with an older guy already graduated who had a job to buy her stuff.

Men tend to mature mentally at a later state then women do.  So in any country women will actually often look for a guy 3 to 5 years older.  It's the larger age gaps that are not usual.

Because an FSUW (or an Asian woman from Asia, or a Latina, etc) has decided to look outside of her own country, then financial security and mental maturity (lack of alcoholism, for example) become paramount.  Then the possibility of a larger age gap may creep in to the equation as well.

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2015, 10:40:11 AM »

SC is tiny and has a thing for OTT Platform shoes - which I dislike - when 'elegance v height factor' is exceeded.... My feelings on this are known, but discounted ....

Platform shoes provide a comfort and stability that regular heels of that height do not.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline LAman

« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2015, 11:07:41 AM »

This makes me smile, Beel.

I bought a pair of bright orange swimming trunks  - we both like bright colours - and she told me to take them back as I'd look 'blue' / gay or I worked for Russian railways... :-\

I have poor toe nails - thanks for those genes, Dad !-  and found myself becoming a metro-sexual as S.C PAINTED my toe and finger nails with a neutral matt gloss - to 'improve' their appearance.

The things we do for love.... no-one noticed, but my nails smelt good..

At least you are in touch with your feminine side!!!!!!
Nobody noticed the nails??? Did you have heels on at the time???  :o
« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 11:09:43 AM by LAman »
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Offline msmobyone

• patriotism is the last vestige of fools, but hey
« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2015, 11:18:07 PM »

Platform shoes provide a comfort and stability that regular heels of that height do not.

Yes, this is her reasoning....!

At least you are in touch with your feminine side!!!!!!
Nobody noticed the nails??? Did you have heels on at the time???  :o

:clapping: ..good one  ;)
Please excuse the Curmudgeon in my posts ..he will be cured by being reunited with his loved one ;)

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2015, 05:11:48 PM »
  Some  Many FSU women don't want to mess with a young guy who is going to have many (alleged) insecurities.   While it would sound silly to most, this a very serious thing in many of the FSU women that I have talked to. 

Most of the women I've talked to said the same thing. I don't buy the excuse the women are saying it because that's what we want to hear. I don't use sites that agency employees write profiles for the women. I use sites where the women themselves write what they want. A guy can go to bride.ru and see the ladies 18 to their young 20's and see many of them prefer men 30+ years old. Ladies in their 30's may accept men 20+ years older. FSU men may go to bed with women with children but they rarely marry them so older women with children are willing to accept a wider age gap while younger women don't want the drama younger men deliver. I've dated two women in their 20's that told me they've never dated a man under 30. They want a man, they don't want to be a mother to a boy. Interesting thing is that at bride.ru, average and ugly women 18-20 prefer men closer to their age. Beautiful women who have plenty of experience dating and plenty of men to choose from tend to want older men.

Jone, the reason you may not get any 'real' discussion here is that this topic was literally beat to death several years ago before you became a member.

So most everything that you could say has already been said many times before.

There are those who have listed a hundred reasons why FSUW want or like we older WM; and others who have debunked each of those hundred reasons.

Mostly it comes down to the guys here don't want to admit (causes cognitive dissonance) that the women don't want them for themselves; but rather the women want WM for economic reasons.

Now it is true that what starts out as an economic transaction can blossom into real love . . . but rarely does it start out that way.

Everybody likes to be in a good financial situation including American women. One reason American women can accept a man closer to her age is because she is more able than her sisters in the far east and South America to be in a good financial position without assistance of a man.

The only FSU women that is willing to marry any western man based on his financial status alone is insincere. Economics are not the only reason most FSU women marry western men. As a matter of fact, MOST meetings between western men and FSU women never materializes into marriage and a green card. MOST FSU women will not marry a financially secure man if she feels there is no chemistry between them.

I wouldn't want to marry a woman, American or FSU, if she's happy living in a trailer park. I want a woman that prefers a higher standard of living for us and future children. Even with that said, I don't believe economics is the only reason FSU women marry western men and with most meetings ending in failure, I doubt it's the main reason they want to marry western men. They are smart enough to understand jumping out of a sorry situation into another sorry situation isn't a good move.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline RoboCop

• Spouse's Country: Azerbaijan
« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2015, 07:04:55 AM »
Great post Moby, and I agree with your opinion that it's a certain mentality and caring, and all the little things which go into that.  As far as being healthy we all seem to need to focus on this.  Being currently in a new town I found a health food store which makes organic carrot juice.  Great stuff and very good for your health. 

I am curious, does Russia allow fluoridation of their drinking water?  As you probably know there has been ongoing controversy about this for quite a while.  I know that FSU people clearly prefer "natural" or "organic" meats.  What about their drinking water?

Good to see you're still posting AC. The question about fluoridation made me laugh for some reason though. I was thinking about getting a reverse osmosis machine some time ago, but nothing ever eventuated. It sounded like quite an effort to maintain to tell the truth.
Married 3 years now, with a 2 year old son. Wife is from Baku, the capital of Azerbaijan.

Offline RoboCop

• Spouse's Country: Azerbaijan
« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2015, 07:17:50 AM »
I am often asked - why do you prefer a Women from the former Soviet Union as opposed to a local lass?

The answer I give is 'their mentality' if they are 'in' to you......

Little things change.. It is suggested that you should - in my case - eat more fruits and salads and 'eat more healthier' ..I already thought I did...

Now that I'm back in the UK I already miss going to the market with S.C and buying fresh fruit, veg and Black Honey - I disliked honey before - only using it with lemon and hot Irish Whiskey - if I came down with  cold/flu.

I am also instructed to 'drink' raw eggs - 3/day - as it will make me 'strong' - in direct conflict with Edwina Currie in 1988

http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/stories/december/3/newsid_2519000/2519451.stm
..the local farmer loves me and his eggs can't keep up ...

I MISS being brought freshly mixed concoctions of mixed vegetables and fruits - not being allowed to ask what is in them ..' just drink '  ..

This is a question for all of those, married, dating or with experience as the FSUW..

What made you realise... ''I would miss this'' - if it was taken away from me ?

I concur with everything said above. There is something about FSU women--maybe all this talk about feminism polluting the female psyche in the west is true--but there is a tenderness and sense of caring I got from my wife that I never got from any other girl back home. It's like feminism has drilled it into their heads that showing affection and tenderness towards their man makes them weak, fragile and is reinforcing the "status quo"of patriarchy, or some other BS along those lines.

Still to this day, everytime I even remotely sound like I have a cold, wifey makes me some concoction with milk, honey, garlic, and lemon--with some added soda water sometimes--that she makes me drink! She believes it's the concoction which makes me feel better, but in actuality, it's the placebo effect I get from knowing she cares that does.

The most important thing is the initial chemistry between the two of you. I knew after our first night together, from the way she looked at me and stood next to me as we were walking, that there was chemistry between us. With somethings in life, you just got to trust your intuition.

Aghh...romantic nostalgia.
Married 3 years now, with a 2 year old son. Wife is from Baku, the capital of Azerbaijan.

Offline Chicagoguy

« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2015, 11:44:42 AM »
Older... something I haven't seen yet.

Two couples who were good friends of my parents and lived next door to each other. The one couple had a nice looking son and when he was about in his late 20's he married their friend who lived next door. She was at least 30 years older than him. They were happily married until she died in her early 80's.

They lived out their life chartering and running their large sailboat in the Caribbean. Saw A picture of him lately - about age 78 now - and he looked terrific. Maybe he should it again  ;)

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 9
Guests: 1947
Total: 1956

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM