It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: is USSR-STAR.COM a valid site to search for Russian brides?  (Read 44918 times)

anandaroop

is USSR-STAR.COM a valid site to search for Russian brides?
« on: October 30, 2011, 03:33:47 AM »
 :deadhorse:
a few days back i joined this site called USSR-STAR.com. i have been receiving letters and virtual kisses from females members registerd in that site ever since. they are beautiful and quite model like. i need ur advise that is this website a good one just as elenas models? or is it another scam filled site?

Offline Vinnvinny

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: > 10
Re: is USSR-STAR.COM a valid site to search for Russian brides?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2011, 04:46:36 AM »
Long and in-depth answer: Look at the age range the hottest of hots are open to then join Mamba and write to the young hottest of hots and compare the responses.

Short answer: Scam.

anandaroop

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2011, 08:23:55 AM »
i am sorry i didnot get the word 'mamba'. will u kindly explain me. i am sorry for asking u again. but it will be nice if u can please help me find whether the profiles of girls in this website are fraud or not?

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2011, 09:49:43 AM »
The first website shown below is the same as mamba.

http://singles.ru/
http://www.luckylovers.net/
http://www.rbrides.com/
http://www.ukrainedate.com/
http://www.allsinglerussiangirls.com/
http://freepersonals.ru/
http://bride.ru/
http://fdating.com

Go to the above free and monthly cost ($19-30) websites.  Make up a nice profile of yourself.  Use the search engines to find about 800 - 1,000 women who are in the age range you want and have other education, etc., parameters that you desire and are in a single target geographical area.

Send a generic but well written introductory message to all.

Of those  who reply, filter out all who make you worry in any way or give you concerns.

Send second generic but well written letter to all.  Modify it a bit to answer any questions that an individual woman may have asked.  Yes, this takes a lot of time.

Repeat these procedures over about 6-8 emails and you will have narrowed down your list to 15-30 gals.  You can continue to use a generic letter for each successive mailing, but be sure to modifiy it a bit to answer specific questions any gal may have asked and to ask specific questions of your own related to the family, interests, jobs, etc., of each individual woman.  Yes, this takes a lot of time, but each week you will be cutting your list down. 

Plan your trip and start scheduling the women into time slots.

If you follow the above procedure, you will no longer have the need to ask us questions about scammers, etc., as you will have filtered out all scammers.  And if any of the women you are writing to give you any sheeeeet or cause you any concern at all, you simply drop them off your lists and continue on.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 09:52:03 AM by ManLooking »
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline JohnDearGreen

• It's 5 o'clock somewhere...
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2011, 10:11:40 AM »
a few days back i joined this site called USSR-STAR.com. i have been receiving letters and virtual kisses from females members registerd in that site ever since. they are beautiful and quite model like. i need ur advise that is this website a good one just as elenas models? or is it another scam filled site?
ASD:
  • There are good and bad ladies on all sites.  Some more than others.
  • Choose your own ladies.  Don't let them choose you to reduce chances of a scam.
  • The ladies on that site are many of the same ladies as on various other agency sites.
  • The rules say the lady can give you her contact information after exchange of a couple of emails (total cost about $20-$30.  Then switch to some other email method.)
So if you want to contact a large number of ladies, that site would be expensive compared to others, so avoid it.   OTOH, if you see a small numbers of ladies (4 or 5) that you think might be a good match for you, go for them.  $30 for a good contact is not unreasonable.  $20 wasted on ladies who don't answer back should not kill you.
But first you want to google/search and check if the ladies you like are on a better site with a fixed monthly cost.

Are you confident enough that you can choose the right 4 ladies with a decent chance of one being interested in you?  If not, go to another site.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 10:29:27 AM by JohnDearGreen »

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2011, 10:12:17 AM »

a few days back i joined this site ..
You've already joined and now you want to check on it?
Curious...why are you beating the dead horse?
~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline Chicagoguy

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2011, 11:44:37 AM »
A method I came to like was just writing my profile with some nice but realistic pictures, posting my profile, and let the women choose/write me. That way you know they already have some interest.

Offline OlgaH

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2011, 02:17:20 PM »
You've already joined and now you want to check on it?
Curious...why are you beating the dead horse?

tfcrew,

Personally I don't look at the question asked as at "beating the dead horse", but rather as at a question by a member who is new in this "adventure" and has his doubts.
If you know that the website is a dead horse that was beaten already 10 times I think Anandaroop as maybe other newbies would appreciate a link to the reviews.  :)

I looked at the website and their office address in Belize really concerns me and the enhanced photos of women as well...
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 02:21:49 PM by OlgaH »

Offline Daveman

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2011, 02:38:13 PM »
tfcrew,

Personally I don't look at the question asked as at "beating the dead horse", but rather as at a question by a member who is new in this "adventure" and has his doubts.
If you know that the website is a dead horse that was beaten a;ready 10 times I think Anandaroop as maybe other newbies would appreciate a link to the reviews.  :)

I looked at website and their office address in Belize really concerns me and the enhanced photos of women as well...

Olga, I think tfcrew is referring to the OP beating the dead horse (the smiley thingie) in his own opening message...

Anandaroop, welcome to RWD.

I think you already know the answer to your question.  Something at that site seems just a wee bit too good to be true so that inner voice is telling you that something is amiss. It probably is.

I think what Vinny suggests in his message is for you to go to mamba.ru (www.singles.ru), set up a profile there similar to the one you have at this questionable site - then write to women comparable to those who write to you at the 'questionable' site -- then you can compare the responses you get to prove to yourself that at a more 'normal' dating site, the same 'types' of women will not have the same behavior, thus giving you a clue.

Other suggestions and advice in this thread are also spot on.   Hang around and ask questions.  Or dive in and learn by trial and error.  If I had this to do over again, I'd do something very much (if not exactly) like what Man Looking suggests to you. 

Good luck!

The duty of a true patriot is to protect his country from its government. -- Thomas Paine

Offline OlgaH

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2011, 02:43:32 PM »

Olga, I think tfcrew is referring to the OP beating the dead horse (the smiley thingie) in his own opening message...

Oh, I think you are right  :) Sorry.

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2011, 07:35:52 AM »
:deadhorse:

The short answer is Yes. There is likely some sincere women on the site but getting to them in akin to walking minefield.

Is the site a "pay by the letter"? Any site that bombards your email account with "kisses" "interest" or letters/emails from multitudes of women that you didn't solicit, is generally nefarious. Anandaroop, keep in mind posting your profile on a website doesn't magically transform you into an Adonis or Brad Pitt. The site is likely baiting you with hopes of getting into your wallet.

Offline ML

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2011, 09:38:16 AM »
A method I came to like was just writing my profile with some nice but realistic pictures, posting my profile, and let the women choose/write me. That way you know they already have some interest.

I am happy for you, if this worked for you.

Generally, the results are not too satisfactory for the man.

Reason:  The women would also like to trade up.  Thus we, the men, will be contacted by those who see us as a trade up from themselves.

This is just not acceptable!   8)
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 05:09:23 PM by ManLooking »
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline BC

« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2011, 04:49:40 PM »
Generally, the results are not too satisfactory for the man.

Reason:  The women would also like to trade up.  Thus we, the men, will be contacted by those who see us as a trade up from themselves.

This is just not acceptable!

So... men can trade up but women should not?

Strange world we live in.

Offline Muzh

« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2011, 06:25:52 AM »
So... men can trade up but women should not?

Strange world we live in.

It's a man's world. What can you say?  :o
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline AzNCowboy587

• Canada eh!?
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2011, 07:28:36 AM »
Hey,

I'm actually a user of "ussr-star.com" (funny thing is I don't remember how I came across this one haha), and so far its seems legit to me "on the surface". I say that only because I haven't notice any of the usual "red flags" others had come across while using these particular dating sites. I've been satisfied with the correspondence's and never had any ask me for money or anything suspicious like that. I have setup a generic "first" letter that I send out, always the responses I get back are different, been able to ask questions, and have them return answered.

If they do have a think-tank of letter writers, they're doing a hell of a job subduing my initial doubts. I'm almost inclined to even say they genuinely just want to connect people.  ;D 

They do have a FAQ page if you'd actually take the time to browse the website.

It is a pay-per-letter website, so be aware that it gets pretty expensive. I suppose the upside to this is that all your messages will be replied, and they don't screen the letters for phone numbers, e-mail addy's, skype, etc. From experience, I've actually had a woman give me her e-mail address, and another wanted to skype with me, so we didn't have to use the site as the barrier between us (other sites I've read actually screen out their contact info, and sucker you to make more business out of that).

I suppose my only suspicions with this particular site is that - Virtually most of the women on the site are gorgeous and model-like (they did explain in their FAQ that all the girls use a professional photographer... whatever), news and stories/tips haven't been updated in a while, and from what I could gather it's a relatively new website.

But hey its Online Dating and you should know the dangers that come with it, or you shouldn't have any business using them. The good things in life that require work is never certain!

Cheers!!

« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 10:14:26 AM by AzNCowboy587 »

Offline bioschool

« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2011, 01:43:30 PM »
Hi,

I just got onto the site. I did wonder if it was a 'legit' because the women all looked like models. I need to see 'everyday' type pictures. I know there is a flood of 'kisses', so i just delete all the ones too young or that are not interesting. I'll pick a few to respond to. If it goes well, go to normal email for more info and pictures. Funny the site says something about meeting in 3 weeks! Much too soon for long travel. Cost is too high to respond to everyone, and I say that in my Profile.

Offline Jumper

« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2011, 02:23:20 PM »
Same basic scenario, different wrapper.

*valid* is just too vague in the case of MOB websites ;)

Are there legit women there? likely.
and if they allow immediate exchange of direct contact info
it seems a big plus.

Are the majority of model like photo's/ profiles,  with names like DreamyNights, YourOneandOnly, Enchanted-Smokinhotkova a valid way to seperate keyboard romeos from their money by exchanging letters?

just as likely.

Good luck

Offline popeye101

« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2011, 05:36:41 AM »
this one got my curiousity going; it sounds fake but i decided to try it any way. so i picked a few different gals the 1st try from different backgrounds, different age group and sent them letters from the site and instructed them to reply to my private email address; well, u guessed it! they all replied from within the web site and within 24 hr period with similar subject line; asking me to to read their letters. I did not stop here, so i tried it again with a few more different characters and the result was the same although i placed my private email in the subject line. conclusion, if u are looking for a russian girl STEER A WAY from this site all the pics are FAKE. there may be some real people on that site but u will have to spend a bundle before u can find them and then it may not work with u so u have to do the search all over again. best practice is not to be taken by a site like this one. it is wayyyyy tooooo gooood to beeeeee truuuuuuuuue. hope this answered all of u out there.

Offline ML

« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2011, 08:51:11 AM »

. . . all the pics are FAKE. there may be some real people on that site . . .

A rather unique combination.

Maybe there are also some not fake pictures of unreal persons.

anandaroop

« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2011, 10:01:29 AM »
this one got my curiousity going; it sounds fake but i decided to try it any way. so i picked a few different gals the 1st try from different backgrounds, different age group and sent them letters from the site and instructed them to reply to my private email address; well, u guessed it! they all replied from within the web site and within 24 hr period with similar subject line; asking me to to read their letters. I did not stop here, so i tried it again with a few more different characters and the result was the same although i placed my private email in the subject line. conclusion, if u are looking for a russian girl STEER A WAY from this site all the pics are FAKE. there may be some real people on that site but u will have to spend a bundle before u can find them and then it may not work with u so u have to do the search all over again. best practice is not to be taken by a site like this one. it is wayyyyy tooooo gooood to beeeeee truuuuuuuuue. hope this answered all of u out there.

this explains everything. thank u sir. it has been so very nice to hear all ur opinions. i think i shall move on and join another website. than u once more for all your time and effort in letting me be aware.
regards
Anandaroop Sagar Datta.

Offline AzNCowboy587

• Canada eh!?
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2012, 09:41:52 PM »
Well, If you really research this sort of Online Dating and those particular sites that run those e-mail messaging service, you'll see that ussr-star.com and other sites use "similar agencies". I've actually gone to other different FSU Dating sites and they have those same "Glamour" Photo's that I've seen on ussr-star.com. You should of read their FAQ's page, as they do give a "valid" reason why the girls use Glamour Photography; most likely for us guys' benefit. And "fake" photo's is arbitrary from guy to guy, but whatever if you personally think it's a fake site that's your own prerogative.

You'll notice as well that they employ people to "translate" them letter's when they go back and forth from you and whomever your corresponding with. On ussr-star.com, they do encourage you to use their services at the premature stages of your interactions; you can exchange e-mails with the girls (because they don't screen letter's like other sites do), and eventually you can "steer them" away from the site. But obviously you need to know your basic Russian/Ukrainian because I've noticed quite a few of them know little to no English.

But then again, It's Online Dating and not for certain whomever your talking to may/may-not be that actual person you see on the profiles; which meeting people at bar's and whatnot has the advantage of. Obviously you guy's wouldn't be on here if you were having decent luck in that situation.  ;D
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 09:44:10 PM by AzNCowboy587 »

Offline deabu

« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2012, 02:44:21 AM »
I am an indian and I want to marry a russian women because they are beautiful and very cute, I never mind if she was divorce or having kids but the thing is to marry a women who take care of me and kids, please tell me what I have to do for marring a russian women I am also a separated man and my kids are living  with their mother.

Offline Eduard

• Commercial Member Restricted
  • Family is where it's at!
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2012, 06:34:26 AM »
a good place to start is making your divorce final IMO.
realrussianmatch.com

Offline iloveukrayinkas

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2013, 11:57:33 PM »
Hey,

I'm actually a user of "ussr-star.com" (funny thing is I don't remember how I came across this one haha), and so far its seems legit to me "on the surface". I say that only because I haven't notice any of the usual "red flags" others had come across while using these particular dating sites. I've been satisfied with the correspondence's and never had any ask me for money or anything suspicious like that. I have setup a generic "first" letter that I send out, always the responses I get back are different, been able to ask questions, and have them return answered.

If they do have a think-tank of letter writers, they're doing a hell of a job subduing my initial doubts. I'm almost inclined to even say they genuinely just want to connect people.  ;D 

They do have a FAQ page if you'd actually take the time to browse the website.

It is a pay-per-letter website, so be aware that it gets pretty expensive. I suppose the upside to this is that all your messages will be replied, and they don't screen the letters for phone numbers, e-mail addy's, skype, etc. From experience, I've actually had a woman give me her e-mail address, and another wanted to skype with me, so we didn't have to use the site as the barrier between us (other sites I've read actually screen out their contact info, and sucker you to make more business out of that).

I suppose my only suspicions with this particular site is that - Virtually most of the women on the site are gorgeous and model-like (they did explain in their FAQ that all the girls use a professional photographer... whatever), news and stories/tips haven't been updated in a while, and from what I could gather it's a relatively new website.

But hey its Online Dating and you should know the dangers that come with it, or you shouldn't have any business using them. The good things in life that require work is never certain!

Cheers!!

Hey, hello fellas! First off, sorry for posting on such an old thread but I found this thread actually really interesting and useful. IMO we shouldn't judge everything because most things have their in betweens or shades in which we can judge by ourselves and our empirical experiences with each site.
In the case of AZCowboy, I found his opinion very useful. I'm also a user of USSR-Star and since I first found it back in late 2012 I found it really interesting, a little more user friendly like sites such as Dream Marraige or Anastasia Rape. Most people came here trashing the site w/o having a real 1st hand experience w/ it, so someone who is actually involved with it comes as a very valuable source.
Like I said the site is quite user friendly, you don't have all these chat request popping up every 2 seconds and also the only means of communication are pretty much message exchanges. What is a bit expensive is the Sending flowers thingies but I guess it's worth it given that they also give you a bunch of pictues at the time of delivery, which is important.
The quality of the pictues is pretty professional and almost all the girls look gorgeous so I can spend hours and hours just browsing profiles pictures and reading them.
The KISS option is actually pretty fun, since you can send pretty much any amount of kisses for free. I've actually had a young 19 year old babe send me like 5 kisses. She's checking on me every now and then but I just havent sent her anything yet since I;ve been out of budget lately. But even corresponding with just 1 babe can get pretty expensive considering you write her 1 message a week and then recieve 1 back, it's 2 msg a week, times 4= 8 messages X 5 credits= 40 credits a month=  $46/mo

Anyway, I'm currently addressing just one beautiful ukrayinka and since her first message to me I found it very natural and non-suspicious. We've been exchanging messages and fortunately there has been a special kind of chemistry and mutual liking. Like cowboy says, if they have just prefabricated responses, then you would notice. I've been scammed before by an agency and so I'm always careful for "Red flags". And if they're hiring people to write responses or like a think tank like Cowboy says, they're doing a hell of a job for sure!!
To this point I think it's better for me to steer her away from the site and see if it works out like this. There are also like 10 other beautiful ukrayinkas more I'm interested in but it would actually be a little expensive to correspond with all of them, so maybe I'll be contacting a couple more and see what happens or just throw them my email/skype and wait for them to contact me off-site?
To be sincere the quality of the brides is OFF THE HOOK, even though there are also other very average looking women too and older women so that could clear some doubts as well.
Elena's models advises you not to go for the knock outs and most sought out women since you'll find a lot of competition, but it's actually really hard since you'll always gravitate towards the highest beauty.
Also what Cowboy says at the end is very important. You wouldn't actually be having to take any risks with online dating if your luck in a bar or club situation was decent at least, unless you only want to have fun with local women but you find something necessary with ukranian or foreign women, like the ability to cook well for example. In my case, I still quite young compared to guys I've seen on the tours and stuff, and I also have pretty decent looks and decent game but I haven't been able to find something convincing in my community. So much so, that I feel I'm beating the dead horse with Guatemalan dating  :deadhorse: so now I'm pretty much sold on getting a russian bride instead.
I'll keep you guys posted in case I see anything suspicious.
Cheers and good luck with dating!
Life won't get easier. You just have to get stronger.

Offline Vinnvinny

« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2013, 04:12:12 AM »
Welcome iloveukrayinkas.

I should start by saying that I am one of those people who will ‘trash’ a site that I have never used. I also have no experience of being hit by a speeding locomotive but knowledge gained throughout life has told me that it’s likely to be a little painful and probably something to avoid.

If you’re simply looking for a little e-titillation the website in question is probably ideal for such a purpose. If however you seek something more romantic then please get back to me once you have visited Ukraine and met those ‘ukrayinkas’ you write about. In the meantime I for one don’t need you to report any ongoing ‘suspicions’. ;)

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 1999
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 1989
Total: 1999

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM