It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Trip report - 1st day  (Read 32103 times)

Offline wallm

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 1 - 3
Trip report - 1st day
« on: November 04, 2016, 12:02:42 PM »
First date. A tall beautiful blonde who is 9 years younger than I am. Works as sales manager.  Wow, these folks make peanuts compared to us. She makes .014% of what I make.  Not meant to be offensive but wondering how they survive and save for retirement age. I know different economy, exchange rate and all that. I didn't talk about my income, etc. She didn't complain about her situation. We were talking in general about what life is like for people here, men and women. Talked about my son. Her daughter who has already left house. I am still learning about this country and culture and this is my first day. Spent about 5 hours together in a cafe and in my hotel lobby talking. She is affectionate. Lots of touching. We held hands a few times. I could have thought it is fake but we talked and skyped for weeks before I came here and had good chemistry. Almost got run over by a taxi making a right turn into a road we were crossing. She grabbed my hand and pulled me along. I thought I was walking streets of Manhattan with those cabbies on rampage. Apparently people in crosswalk means nothing here. Appears to be genuine hug when I bid her goodbye for the day. We planned another long date tomorrow. I am in testing phase to see if anything with her is real. Trying not to think with the little head just because she is beautiful, even without lots of makeup. Not thinking of scams either as I want to enjoy my time here and give the ladies and myself a chance.

P.S: not to worry. I won't be writing a report every single day.  ;)

Online Hammer2722

• Spouse's Country: Belarus
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Trip report - 1st day
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2016, 01:12:00 PM »
Good luck Wall, just remember to let things flow naturally. Make sure you let her know how you feel about her after a few dates. She should let you know how she feels as well. You will definitely know if she is really into you. Good luck!
every ship can be a minesweeper at least once...

Offline jone

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2016, 01:35:34 PM »
First date. A tall beautiful blonde who is 9 years younger than I am. Works as sales manager.  Wow, these folks make peanuts compared to us. She makes .014% of what I make.  Not meant to be offensive but wondering how they survive and save for retirement age. I know different economy, exchange rate and all that. I didn't talk about my income, etc. She didn't complain about her situation. We were talking in general about what life is like for people here, men and women. Talked about my son. Her daughter who has already left house. I am still learning about this country and culture and this is my first day. Spent about 5 hours together in a cafe and in my hotel lobby talking. She is affectionate. Lots of touching. We held hands a few times. I could have thought it is fake but we talked and skyped for weeks before I came here and had good chemistry. Almost got run over by a taxi making a right turn into a road we were crossing. She grabbed my hand and pulled me along. I thought I was walking streets of Manhattan with those cabbies on rampage. Apparently people in crosswalk means nothing here. Appears to be genuine hug when I bid her goodbye for the day. We planned another long date tomorrow. I am in testing phase to see if anything with her is real. Trying not to think with the little head just because she is beautiful, even without lots of makeup. Not thinking of scams either as I want to enjoy my time here and give the ladies and myself a chance.

Please do.  Everyone loves a good trip report.   Glad things are going well.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline HoundDaddyLee

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2016, 01:40:16 PM »

So far, so good. Be very careful with the drivers in Ukraine. I am sure most of us that have visited there have almost been hit. Good luck tomorrow with your lady. Happy you are doing a trip report.

HDL

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2016, 07:53:26 PM »

Thanks for sharing Wallm. Be interested in her culture but be careful of giving her the impression you're clueless to how the world operates outside America. This stereotype of Americans is not a good one.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Anotherkiwi

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2016, 04:46:58 AM »
Thanks for sharing Wallm. Be interested in her culture but be careful of giving her the impression you're clueless to how the world operates outside America. This stereotype of Americans is not a good one.

Shame on you, Billy!  You know well that, to most "Americans," their country IS the world.  :devil:

Offline msmob

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2016, 05:09:04 AM »
Shame on you, Billy!  You know well that, to most "Americans," their country IS the world.  >:D

Ouch - we must remember where we are, AK ..

Which 'World Series' rounders baseball team plays in NZ, UK, 'Oz, France Germany, Russia, Ukraine....?

Wllm - sorry for the sl. deviation, there ...

I guess I must also make peanuts compared to you, too - please carry on and make us feel 'poor'. ...

Offline wallm

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2016, 03:14:18 PM »
I guess I must also make peanuts compared to you, too - please carry on and make us feel 'poor'. ...

No offense meant. I was truly wondering how these folks save for the future. I can see folks here work hard. I asked her and response was hope is that their children will take care of them in their retirement. ouch...

We had a long second day with lots of conversation and food. Borsch! meh..... shared our first kiss. We had even longer third day. She was more hands-off today. Don't know why. But we still had enjoyable time. Even went to an opera for 3 friggin hours and spent 12 hours together. Just going with the flow to see how it turns out.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Trip report - 1st day
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2016, 03:58:26 PM »

No worries, just take a few notes to keep your story straight and then come back here
are write it up when you get time. Also if you put a blank space every 3-5 lines it makes
it much easier to read.

Udachi!

Bill
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline BillyB

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2016, 04:01:42 PM »
shared our first kiss.......... She was more hands-off today. Don't know why.............. Just going with the flow to see how it turns out.

Don't just go with the flow and hope for the best. You need to be in control of your destiny. She would like to see you as a leader and if she is thinking about spending her life with you, she will need to know if you're physically attracted to her. You can still be a gentleman and make some moves. She will stop you if she wants and if she does, at least she knows you're physically attracted to her and your equipment works.

Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2016, 04:43:26 PM »
From another thread.
What city r u in now?

I left out some useful info. I am going to Kiev and Nikolaev and probably zaporozhye.

« Last Edit: November 06, 2016, 04:47:01 PM by tfcrew »
~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline ML

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2016, 07:19:42 PM »
It's pretty silly to be saying (or even thinking to yourself) about how little an FSU gal makes compared to you, or anyone from West.

Of course they make little . . . that's why you are going to have any chance at all with a gal out of your league.

They do have a system there similar to our Social Security.

They do try to buy an apartment, and maybe even a second apartment to get some income for retirement days.

They will try to have a dacha where food can  be raised during all their years.

They do count on children and more fortunate brothers, sisters and cousins for help in old age; and even throughout all the years.  i.e. they help each other scrape up money for apartments, etc.

Since often they are an only child, they will inherit apartment from parents which they may rent out or sell.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline I/O

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2016, 02:28:59 AM »
They do have a system there similar to our Social Security.
Often better identified as an aging Western schmuck...

Offline wallm

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2016, 02:56:07 AM »
It's pretty silly to be saying (or even thinking to yourself) about how little an FSU gal makes compared to you, or anyone from West.

Of course they make little . . . that's why you are going to have any chance at all with a gal out of your league.

I don’t get that mentality. OMG, they are out of your league. Please. Sure many are beautiful. I have had close personal interaction with just one so far other than a few hellos and a few others I see serving us at restaurants. I am going to be meeting more over 3 weeks I am here. I like this girl because she is beautiful, smart and does little things in the few days I knew her that I find just as important. She has a style. She is very courteous to everyone she comes across. It may or may not work out with her. I don't lack confidence to think she or any of them are out of my league. :D

I had seen some wealth here or perhaps the typical American mentality of living high on debt. Lots of fancy cars that I can afford but don't drive. It is OK to think about how the regular folks here live in retirement. This girl doesn't own an apartment. Doesn't have parents or siblings. She seems happy with her life at least outwardly.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2016, 12:32:50 PM »
Initial signs look good Wall, you're getting more affection than I did at least anyway ;) Be sure the chemistry is there both ways and not just showing you affection for some other reason.

The state pension out in the Ukraine is not enough to live on. When I was out that way I was surprised by how poor many are despite the expensive cars some have. If she has a child, not own apartment and has no parents/siblings around she will no doubt be worried, but will not want to showork that. I wouldn't ask either.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2016, 03:22:24 PM »
That's a good start!

Udachi!
"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Offline wallm

« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2016, 07:47:33 AM »
So far so good. I plan to come back early next year and spend more time with her.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2016, 09:29:08 AM »
So far so good. I plan to come back early next year and spend more time with her.

Not a bad idea, I think the general advice of writing/skyping to many on the online dating I would imagine holds true for meeting many when out there for an extended period so you can compare, see who comes across as sincere by having others to compare them with. That said while your out there you might as well get a fair bit of time in with her when your free from your other meetings to get the best idea of her while your there, i.e what she is like after the initial welcoming period. Let us know how you're week goes :D 
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline wallm

« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2016, 09:58:22 PM »
Met 3 more ladies this week. First one I had good chemistry with. Great eye contact. Successful and pretty. Long dinner and good conversation. We spoke about seeing each other again later this week. Then two doctors. One I had great conversation with but not much physical chemistry from my perspective. She seemed like a genuinely nice person and seemed interested. Then another one complained a bit too much about pay for doctors in Ukraine (apparently 2500 UAH per month). She seemed all too eager to get out. I understand that part and won't hold it against anyone. I would too if I were in their shoes. But not much chemistry. She would make limited eye contact. So far two good prospects. Search goes on.

The first one I saw last week said I better not see any other women. But she is active on mamba everyday. So, I am not going to limit myself in my search even though there is a chance of something with her. We spoke about definite plans for me to come back early next year and see each other again.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2016, 10:05:41 PM »
The first one I saw last week said I better not see any other women. But she is active on mamba everyday. So, I am not going to limit myself in my search even though there is a chance of something with her. We spoke about definite plans for me to come back early next year and see each other again.

Be careful with women like that. When I date women who wants me to dedicate myself to them only after a few dates, I ask them if they're ready to dedicate their life to me after knowing each other for only a few hours. Their answers are always "no" and they begin to think how silly their requirements of me are.

Offline wallm

« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2016, 10:18:22 PM »
Yes. I agree. I am trying not to think with my little head. She is truly gorgeous. We spent better part of 4 days with each other spanning 10-12 hours each day. We did everything but have sex. ;D

Offline BillyB

« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2016, 10:25:03 PM »
We did everything but have sex. ;D

You've got to make some moves to increase your chances for that to happen. It seems you spent a lot of time with the lady. You can suggest the direction you want both of your lives to take and she can either say yes or no. If you two become exclusive, she can show you how dedicated she is by leaving Mamba. You say she's gorgeous so she probably gets and enjoys a lot of attention from men on dating sites.

Offline wallm

« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2016, 11:32:14 PM »
I would have had she not gotten a bad cold.  :D
I am sure she gets plenty of attention.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2016, 11:53:18 PM »
Met 3 more ladies this week. First one I had good chemistry with. Great eye contact. Successful and pretty. Long dinner and good conversation. We spoke about seeing each other again later this week. Then two doctors. One I had great conversation with but not much physical chemistry from my perspective. She seemed like a genuinely nice person and seemed interested. Then another one complained a bit too much about pay for doctors in Ukraine (apparently 2500 UAH per month). She seemed all too eager to get out. I understand that part and won't hold it against anyone. I would too if I were in their shoes. But not much chemistry. She would make limited eye contact. So far two good prospects. Search goes on.

Sounds like comparing different women is working out well for you. From this it looks like the first one is still best bet, the second one I don't think as I've been in the position of being with a woman over there you get on well with but the chemistry is just not there, ultimately fruitless. The third one is no doubt a definitely not as would likely just use you to get into US where she can earn loads more as a Doctor then move on from you.

I would say definitely meet up with first girl for at least a good few more days before you leave, you say you have 3 weeks there in all so time to do this. As BillyB suggests bring up going exclusive towards the end of your visit, after you have checked out the other girls ;) as the price for you not seeing any other girls which of course by then you would have already seen. Unless of course you met another girl you preferred more, or was more committal. Also, check her out by googling her full name if you have it to see if she is on any other dating websites, then you can check how sincere she is on any committal status ;)

Offline ML

« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2016, 07:47:37 AM »
If your time is running out, you may have to suggest that the two women have sex with you together to save time.

This can provide real time comparisons.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541017
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2385
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 2237
Total: 2248

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:57:04 PM

Re: Plumber earnings by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 09:37:55 PM

Plumber earnings by ML
Yesterday at 07:49:26 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 07:23:34 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 06:28:48 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:48:07 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Yesterday at 04:37:18 PM

If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:17:08 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Yesterday at 01:09:03 PM