It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Bringing them from Russia  (Read 1968 times)

Offline jj

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Bringing them from Russia
« on: September 28, 2007, 01:58:11 PM »
Just a brief update on my last trip to Volzhsky ,Russia to bring "home"  Marina and daughter.  This was my 4th trip to Russia, and we met in Kiev for 1 trip to see the sights back in May.  Marinia got her visa approval (after 3 months in administrative reiview) on August 30.  I went to spend some time with them and brought them thru customs in Atlanta on Sept 12.  

Everything about last visits with her friends, closing up her apartment she owns, etc went well until 20 minutes before her friend was to drive us to airport.  She went to cut off the water supply to the toilet and the valve broke and water started spurting everywhere.  I managed to put the valve handle back on and reposition it back to normal on position, but it was still dripping.  She called an appartment maintaince type person who came up and looked at it. He called another guy, etc and about 8 guys gave their opinion on it.  I tryed to tell them they probably just needed a new valve, but they said better check other things.  Anyway, woman of the couple driving us to airport was going to stay in apartment  a made sure job got done while her husband drove us to airport.  10 minutes into the trip she called, and said she really wanted to go with us and her son was on the way to stay with maintaince guys. So we drove back, picked her up, and her husband drove like a bat out hell to the Volgograd airport.  The girls got a little sick in the back seat from the weaving and the bumps but we made with some time to spare.  Marina worried about the water on the bathroom floor etc. and called for 3 days after we got to states, until she was reassured she could have piece of mind that it was fixed.  

Her interview on the 30th (in moscow embassy)was only 4 questions.  We breezed thru customs in Atlanta and it was on a Wednesday, and virtually no line at check in with their K1/K2 packages.  We are settling in nicely.   I am staying very busy catching up at the office, and our days off involve driving lessons from me now, updating my kitchenware with griller, french press coffee maker, decent pots and pans etc.   Next tuesday afternoon we go for the marriage application, and then will have just small wedding, but will celebrate later when we catch up with my relatives.  

Our next step of course in filing AOS, and the usual forms.. I have hired an attorney to make sure Tatiana does not age out before interview in Charlotte.  It will flagged and request it be expidiated.  It will cost, but well worth our best effort.  He feels we will have good chance if started soon.   I feel we are already a family, and affection abounds.  She likes the countryside now that she has seen the beauty of the mountains.  Her daughter just needs to make friends now and that will be a little slower in a rural area, but she should be in college by January.  Will try to post more soon as I can.  Got to get home now-she is waiting with open arms!   Also, is calling all their Russian friends on freecall anytime they want, and now can call their stateside friends up north.  That has helped alot.  -jj

Offline Vaughn

• Trips: No Selection
Re: Bringing them from Russia
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2007, 08:02:41 PM »
jj and Ladies! Welcome home to North Carolina! Please give us a "heads up" when you're
USCIS bound - we live just 20 minutes from that dreaded office - and would like to meet
all of you.

For those unfamiliar with jj's locale, it is one of the most beautiful areas I've ever seen. A
glance in any direction yields a postcard view of mountainside paradise.

Best wishes to the three of you as you take the next steps....

Vaughn and Elvira

Offline jj

• Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Bringing them from Russia
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2007, 10:34:21 PM »
Thanks Vaughn , I will keep you posted, and look forward to us getting together soon.  Glad to hear your daughter is back safely.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541457
Total Topics: 20864
Most Online Today: 1973
Most Online Ever: 12701