It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Trip to Kharkov 3 march to 12 march 2006  (Read 15150 times)

Offline Thor

Trip to Kharkov 3 march to 12 march 2006
« on: February 27, 2006, 01:45:04 PM »
On friday I am going back to Kharkov to look for a girl. This is my second trip to Kharkov. I spendt 14 days in the end of ocktober and begining of november last year. My first trip to Ukraina was may and june last year. Then I traveled with Jack Braggs company firstdream. With Jacks help I learned to know Ukraina, and the menthality of Ukrainians (girls:)). They are not like the Norwegian girls I am used too, but that is a another story.  I where at Jacks socials in Kherson, Odessa and Kyiv, very funny.

So I went back to Ukraina in ocktober. Then I traveled to Kharkov. There I meet 2 norwegians friends of mine who stays several months in Ukraina every year. My friend Arne has a house in Vidney Lugansk and a appartemendt in Kharkov. Before I traveled to Kharkov my friend Slava runned a 2 weeks newspapers ad for me. So when I came I had a lot of girls waiting to see me. Some I knew how looked, another I had no idea how they looked. I meet almost 35 girls during this 14 days, I also meet many girls at differendt discos and nigthclubs like Bolero, Alfa club, Mista club and another clubs too. My impression is that there are a lot of girls in Kharkov and they are very beautiful. One of the reasons that there are so many girls in Kharkov is off course because of all the universetys in the city. Anyway I meet a 29 year old girl with the name of Renata. She is blond and beautiful. I have communicated with her thrue my friend Slava (letters) after I headed home to Norway. So now I am going back to spend more time with Renata. She seems to be a sincere girl, but you can never know. She speaks some basic English, so communication will be a challange. But of course I have several "back ups" just in case:)). A Norwegian friend is travelling together with me. He will meet several girls. We will live in 2 appartemendts nearby Danilevskaya street. Anyone who knows some good restaurangs, nigthclubs (even I think that I have visited almost all of them:)), romantic places in Kharkov so please lett me know.

I will try to post travel repports from Kharkov and I will post some letters and photos when I come home. I have enclosed a photo from my last trip to Kharkov. 

Offline Thor

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2006, 03:20:46 PM »
So finaly my friend and myself was going to Kharkov. We came to Boryspol at 3 o clock and at Boryspol we had a piva and some food while we waited for our fligth to Kharkov. Cold but nice weater at Boryspol. We had to wait 2 ouers before we went on to Kharkov. When we came to Kharkov there was snowing a lot, but since we are Norwegians we are used to snow. My friend and helper Slava was waiting for us at Kharkov airport. I was glad to see my friend again. He meet my friend Per for the first time. Then we where on ouer way to the city. We stopped at a supermarked to buy some food and something to drink:)). I felt so happy to be back in Ukraina again. Slava took us to our flat not far from prospeckt Lenin. A big and nice appartemendt. I had come to Kharkov to meet Ren who I meet in november. Slava told me that she had called him the same day and told him that she wanted that I stayed in her appartemendt the whole week. I was suprised but also happy because this probably mendt that she had serious intensions. But I was not supposed to meet her before the day after, because she was at work. Ok, then we had some vodka and then we went to club Bolero. Bolero is my favourite club in Kharkov, lot of girls and nice peoples there. But as always when I drink vodka I got very drunken, to drunken. Anyway, at Bolero there was a lot of girls. My friend had used some local chat rooms and he told me that there was a girl there that he had been writing with at the chat. He told me that the girl had reconigzed him and danced not far from him, but since he speaks littel english and mostly German he did not approache her. Anyway the nigth went on and soon we where back in the appartemendt. My friend told me that he was shooked because there where so many beautiful girls at Bolero, I just said "I told you so"!! I had been a bit drunken but calm at the Bolero, tomorow I was going to see Ren, and I focused on only her!! Still drunken I feel a sleep.....The photo is of Slava and my friend..

Offline Jack

• Commercial Member
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2006, 04:09:27 PM »
Thor, can you send us one or two photos of your girl?  Their are a few Russian ladies on this discussion board who might be interested in looking at photos of you and Slava, but most of us guys here would like to see a photo (or two) of your lady.

Offline Thor

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2006, 04:10:59 PM »
Ok Jack.

Offline Thor

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2006, 04:11:40 PM »
I think that Ren is a beautiful girl.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2006, 04:22:00 PM by stor_oksen »

Offline Thor

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2006, 04:12:27 PM »
On more

Offline Thor

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2006, 04:18:02 PM »
It is not me, but my friend and Slava.

Offline Jack

• Commercial Member
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2006, 04:51:26 PM »
da, da, da, you have done quite well Thor. She is beautiful. I suggest you stop looking.

Offline Thor

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2006, 11:14:35 AM »
Yes Jack, Rena is a keeper. Ther girl of my dreams, so now it is only her. As you told me, I took my time, meet MANY girls and then in the end a princess...I am a very lucky man now.

Offline Thor

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2006, 12:14:55 PM »
Ok I woke up early as always after I have been drinking. Luckely enough I had no hang over when I woke up..(but later this day, is a differendt stoty when it comes to a hangover..). Ok this was the day I should meet Rena. I meet Rena during my last trip to Kharkov in november. After that we had stayed in tuch by sending letters to each other thrue my friend Slava. I was supposed to meet Rena at 5 oclock, so I had a lot of time before the meeting to be nervous:)). Anyway, Per and me went down to Mandarin for some food. Mandarin is at prospect Lening in the Prisma building. Good food to a very cheap price. 15 grynas for full lunch and a piva. This is a place where many students go for food, here you can see many beautiful girls smilling at you...After the visite at Mandarin we went for a walk in the snowing weater. We also did some shopping, mostly groceries. (I am sorry if my English is not perfeckt). So back to the flat to take a shower and get ready for my meeting with Ren. My friend Per was going to meet Annet who was 21 and her cousin Julia who was 21 to. Slava would go with him to translate for him. No I started to feel that I had been drinking last nigth.....Not a good feeling at all. I also started to get a a bir nervous. But soon I was walking down to the Japanese restaurang. In the snow I am waiting for Ren. As always with Ukrainian girls, they are late..But 10 min past 5 a taxi stops next to me. I can see a beautiful blond girl in the car. Woww...Ren is even more beautiful than I remembered from november. Smilling she comes out of the taxi, I give her a hug. I ask if she will acept my invation to the Japanese restaurang, and she says yes. When we come inside I help her with her jacket and I help her with the chair (this is not how I threat girls in Norway, but in Ukraina it is normal). Ren then ask me where Slava is, I tell her that he is with my friend. In the begining she is a bit shy when it comes to speaking English, but soon we speak like we have known each other a long time. I can feel that I like this girl a lot. Ren wants only tea, I order cafe byt my hands are shacking so mutch that I hardly can drink my cafe. After 1 our we decide to go to my flat. Per and Slava is still there. Ren and me decide to go to Misto club. When Per and Slava leaves for Per meeting with Annet, Ren and I go to Ren`s place so she can chance clothes. She lives in a very nice flat only 1 min from Lenin prospeckt. Strange, the hall is like shit, but the flat is so nice.  Ren dresses up in a black miniskirt and tall black bots...Woww does this girl look sexy???? Ren has blue eyes, long blond hair and a sexy thin body. At Misto club we pay for a table at second floor (the discko). It cost 250 grynas and then you can drink for this price. Soon there is a lot of peoples in the dancefloor. A LOT, A LOT of girls at Misto club. As always men pay mutch more in entrance than girls, so there is always more girls in the disckos. Anyway, only Ren are in my interests. We go to dance and we are having a great time at Misto. At 11 clock my friend Per come back from his date. Hi is very exseited, he has meet a super girl, but it is not Annet, it is her cousin Julia that has got his interest. We stays at Misto to 3 oclock, then we go home. Per goes to our flat, I go with Ren to her appartemendt......

Offline philb

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2006, 03:15:56 PM »
Good trip report (Looking forward to the rest) and your English is just fine. Ren is beautiful.

Offline Thor

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2006, 04:00:15 PM »
Thank you very mutch Phil. Yes Ren is the girl I have been looking for. She told me today that she wanted to come and visite me in Norway in the near future, a good sign.

Offline Thor

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2006, 04:23:05 PM »
At 11 o clock I woke up in Ren`s bed. Ohhh......The smell of a beautiful woman that lays next to you.....do I need to say more??? I just was laying and watching this beautiful girl while she was a sleep. I had to bit my arm to see that this was not a dream..She woke up and looked at me and said "you can stay in bed and I will go and make you some coffe and breakfast". I asked myself are you a girl from wounderland or what???Soon she came into the rom with my coffe. Not only good looking but also nice. Soon I went to the kitchen and there she had made my a good breakfast. After breakfast we went to my friend Per. He was in heaven because he had meet Julia, but he had some troubbels because, Julias friend Annet had sendt him a sms and asked for a new meeting. But Per was only interested in Julia. Per is a very honest man so he sendt Annet a sms and told her that he was only interested in her cousin Julia.....and then no more sms from Annet..Then we went to internet club and to Mandarin for some food. After this back to Per flat where we stayed to the evening. Here we had some few vodka`s (if anyone belive that I am "big" drinker so is this not thrue. Home in Norway I never drinks, only sport, but in Ukraina is it kind of normal to have some drinks, even for girls). In the evening we did go to Alpa club. But this was borring, littel peoples at Alpa this evening. Per went on a new date with Julia and this was a succes. They did go to a restaurang (I think it was Pushkin). After his meeting with Julia Per came to Alpa club to. Ren and me danced some few dances at Alpa, but we took it easy this evening. I suggested to stop at Mcdonalds for some food when we did go home, but Ren did not like the idea because McDonalds food was bad for me...So no Mcdonalds for me. Then back to Ren`s flat...
« Last Edit: March 16, 2006, 04:23:00 PM by stor_oksen »

Offline Thor

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2006, 04:39:58 PM »
If anyone need some info about Kharkov so please go to this website.www.virtoualtourist.com Here you can serach for member: stor_oksen and look at my Kharkov pages. I have build a site with a lot of info about restaurangs, disckos and so on in Kharkov.

Offline Thor

« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2006, 03:47:04 AM »
This is the correckt adress: http://www.virtualtourist.com/

« Last Edit: March 17, 2006, 03:49:00 AM by stor_oksen »

Offline dorogoyroberto

« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2006, 05:33:58 AM »
Mr. Thor,

Glad to read of your success!

I know Slava, a good man. And, he knows Kharkov well. Did you eat at  that McDonald's on Prospekt Lenina? There is a nice restaurant on the  same side of the street, a block or two away: Norma. Excellent food! Do  take Ren there, if you have not already.

Roberto
Kiev, Ukraine

« Last Edit: March 17, 2006, 10:14:00 AM by dorogoyroberto »

Offline tim 360

« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2006, 06:55:09 AM »
Very nice trip report Stor.  You had a very good plan which worked well for you,  as evidenced by your beautiful Ren.  Keep up the good work.  And your English is fine,  a very easy read.  Good luck,  Cheerio, Tim
"Never argue with a fool,  onlookers may not be able to tell the difference".  Mark Twain

Offline Thor

« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2006, 09:43:30 AM »
Mr Robero,

Yes I where at McDonalds at Lenina (several times). Yes Slava is a good man. His prices are very nice and he is a honest man. Next time in Kharkov I will take Ren to Norma!!

Mr Tim,

Thanks for you kind words.

Offline Thor

« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2006, 09:44:10 AM »
Mr Roberto,

Do you live and work in Kyiv?

Offline Bruce

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2006, 10:19:46 AM »
If your girl is as nice and sincere as she looks you definitely have a dream girl.  By the way, you two make a nice looking couple as well.  Best of luck:).
"A word is dead when it is said, some say.  I say it just begins to live that day."  Emily Dickinson

Offline dorogoyroberto

« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2006, 10:23:01 AM »
Mr. Thor,

Yes, sir, I live here full-time, year-round.

The Norma restaurant lacks ambience, but compensates for that with its food. You will enjoy it.

The other restaurant has a large parrot in the dining area, and  occasionally emits loud, raucous squawks. If you and Ren ate there you  would surely remember the experience.

Roberto
Kiev, Ukraine
« Last Edit: March 17, 2006, 10:54:00 AM by dorogoyroberto »

Offline Thor

« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2006, 01:22:49 PM »
You are a lucky man Roberto that can live in Kyiv. I just love this country so mutch and every day away from Ukraina is a pain for me...If I could I would move there at once. Do you speak Russian Roberto?

Offline Killer-B

• "Screw you guys, I'm going home!"
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2006, 01:25:23 PM »
Good T/R so far Thor - I hope things do indeed work out for you and Ren...

:offtopic:  A side question for you ... My entire family is from Norway (Oslo) - But I was born in America - I'm curious, because you mentioned up-thread about some "differences" between your Ukrainian friends (women) and Norwegian women..... This kind of surprised me... :?

Maybe when you get back - or on another post - you could share your thoughts and observations about Norge women vs. RW/UW?? -

Us guys in America can prattle off 100+ things we don't like about A/W (lots GOOD too!) but I've often thought about going back to Norway to search :brightidea:.... But if you're heading south - Well :shock: - LOL - What does this mean??

Just curious :dude:

Cheers & Good Luck!

Killer-B :crackthewhip:

PS: For MOD Dan - How come some Posts we can "see" inserted photos - and other Posts (like Thor's here) we have to "Download" the photos? Just curious - are my I/E settings wrong or something?
"The best revenge, is to live a great life..."

Offline catzenmouse

• Victory Park - Omsk
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2006, 01:37:48 PM »
[user=505]Killer-B[/user] wrote:
PS: For MOD Dan - How come some Posts we can "see" inserted photos - and other Posts (like Thor's here) we have to "Download" the photos? Just curious - are my I/E settings wrong or something?
Killer-B,

It's got to do with the size of the picture. If it is bigger than such-and-such pixels or such-and-such bytes (not sure which one) then it creates a link to it. If it is smaller then the actual picture shows up.

Ken
« Last Edit: March 17, 2006, 01:38:00 PM by catzenmouse »
"Marriage is that relation between man and woman in which the independence is equal, the dependence mutual, and the obligation reciprocal."
-- Louis K. Anspacher

Offline Killer-B

• "Screw you guys, I'm going home!"
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2006, 01:57:04 PM »
Thanks Ken -

As I travel - I use 3 different computers (Laptop, Work, Home) and noticed some threads I could "see" photos - Others not - Mystery solved - Many thanks!
"The best revenge, is to live a great life..."

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541463
Total Topics: 20864
Most Online Today: 3094