It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: PHOTO TRIP REPORT OF NATALIA, I AND THE UZBEKISTAN UDVENTURE  (Read 35614 times)

Offline Zhena

Re: PHOTO TRIP REPORT OF NATALIA, I AND THE UZBEKISTAN UDVENTURE
« Reply #50 on: May 08, 2006, 04:09:43 AM »
I have been struggling with this one...but Billy also reminds me of someone. Could it be the famous Japanese Actor..Ken Watanbe ??

Mainly known from Last Samuri and Crouching Tiger. You be the judge!

Ha-haaaaaa!(applauses).
Seriously,Billy,great pics!

Offline PeeWee

« Reply #51 on: May 08, 2006, 08:51:46 PM »
I've seen a lot of men on another forum come and go, try and fail. Some guys who are serious about traveling for a woman or a few women may get a date with one or more hot women out of their league but they never could attain that one special woman because she proves she's not worth attaining, he's not worth attaining or their is a conflict in chemistry between the two. Many of the people who end up meeting don't match up well. I think the biggest problem is the failure to communicate. I've done more than my fair share of communicating. I new here but not new at this. My method of doing doing things may not be for everyone but I've tried to give myself the best possible chance at success by writing to over 650 women with the hopes I connect with a real gem. I've found her, she's my fiancee and I'll tell of my journey to finding the woman I've always was looking for. She's classy, sincere, modest, kind, hard working, and humble. She is all woman and all Russian without any of the bad traits Russian women are known for. You may think I'm saying that for obvious reasons but she is the best (marriage material) woman I've ever met. Think about the best woman you've ever met, that you wanted to know but of course she's usually not availiable or she's not interested. Natalia is the type of woman agencies hype up. You shouldn't believe the hype but that doesn't mean these women don't exist. You have to look a little harder to find one. Here's Natalia, I and my Uzbekistan Udventure. Enjoy the ride.
+

What bad traits are RW know for?

Peewee

Offline Rando

« Reply #52 on: May 09, 2006, 06:01:08 PM »
Theres a loaded question.... ::)

2 things come to mind....

You simply can not live with them.....

Nor can you live without..............

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #53 on: May 11, 2006, 06:48:35 PM »
+

What bad traits are RW know for?

PeeWee, this could be debated for 3 or more pages but from my experience with 3 RW in 6+ years and from what I've read about other men's thoughts, RW can me manipulative, cold as in when they ignore you when you when you ask questions they don't want to answer, and telling little white lies is absolutely fine as long as it achieves the desired results. Of course there are good traits as in they dress more feminine than Western women! There are many more answers to the issue but lets save this debate for another thread.

I sent the outdated or spoof advice to Natalia. She said she agrees with much of the advice and more advice can be added to the list. But she said a man should be a man and not need assistance in having his slippers taken off every day as a child would. I wrote back to her and told her I am like a child. I did let her know that I think the advice is to provide comfort for the one you love, not because men are helpless as children. Silly girl.

I'll be going to Moscow soon to meet a lovely lady. I will not mention the exact dates I'm coming or going due to the death threats I received on another RW forum. I'm sure the guy was all talk but you never know how nutty people can be.

Here we are at the Statue of Courage.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Killer-B

• "Screw you guys, I'm going home!"
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #54 on: May 11, 2006, 07:23:39 PM »
I will not mention the exact dates I'm coming or going due to the death threats I received on another RW forum. I'm sure the guy was all talk but you never know how nutty people can be.

FOR REAL? :arguing:
"The best revenge, is to live a great life..."

Offline BillyB

« Reply #55 on: May 11, 2006, 07:58:28 PM »
FOR REAL? :arguing:

For real. What I thought were two posters getting in a flame war with me over differences, one being differences over a particular agency, were actually one guy using two handles to take me on. I suspect he wanted to get me banned all while committing profile suicide. While he was self destructing, his writing style started to match up between the two profiles and I found him out and he got banned. But before he got the boot, he left me some choice words in a PM to never post again. I'm stubborn and didn't listen to him.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #56 on: May 28, 2006, 01:01:17 PM »
Back from Moscow! I'm going to keep the report here instead of making a new report. This is my first visit to Moscow even though I once spent the night at SVO2 international airport in Moscow due to visa issues while heading off to Novosibirsk.

I almost didn't make it to Moscow. GotoRussia travel agency screwed up my hotel and airfare. I ended up at Hotel Cosmos with a week before I left and payed $350 more since they failed to get confirmation to another hotel I reserved 6 weeks ago. I got confirmation I'm on the flight but when I get to the airport, they tell me my ticket was exchanged and I need to call my travel agency. With 2 hours before my flight takes off, I call but the people I need to talk to come in 30 minutes late. Fortunately for me, a United airlines manager made some calls and found out my ticket was purchased with someone else's credit card and that is why my ticket was exchanged. I was able to buy a ticket from them for $300 less. Why didn't GotoRussia call me to re-purchase my ticket? I will not use them again.

I leave Seattle and get delayed in Chicago due to bad weather which made me miss my connecting flight in Frankfurt. I caught the next plane out to Moscow thanks to Lufthansa.

My trip home was smoother as I made it back in time but my luggage didn't. I don't know what it is? It seems none of my 4 trips to the FSU was flawless.

Here's a photo of Natalia and I at a park near the circus. It was full of drunken teenagers with bottles littered everywhere. Other than at the parks, I didn't see much public displays of drunkenness.

Offline Killer-B

« Reply #57 on: May 28, 2006, 01:07:30 PM »
WB Billy - Was wondering where you were at?.... Hope "Trip 4" was good - and look foward to hearing how things went!?

Cheers-

KB

Offline PeeWee

« Reply #58 on: May 29, 2006, 11:42:17 AM »
Going back to page one. Is that you standing next to the machine or is it one of the Village People?  Hard to tell.

Actual photos of an Eastern European smiling. More than once too. I got into big trouble, boarding on an insult, when I asked Lena the other day why Russians seem to smile less than Americans do. "I only smile if I am happy. Otherwise don't touch me." And in the same conversation. "You Americans are so phoney with your greeting and smile to stranger. Why would total stanger ask me, 'how are you?' or tell to me, "Goodbye. Have a nice day.' when they don't enven know me?"

Yikes! Excuuuuuse me! I am glad to see that  your lady from Uzbek likes to smile.

Peewee

Offline pitbull

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #59 on: May 29, 2006, 04:01:27 PM »
Billy, don't you think that your fiancee would like this better? :)
"The Good Husband's Guide"

* Always make getting and keeping a full-time job with regular raises, benefits, bonuses and the potential for prestigious advancement your number one priority in life. Remember always that you have a wife and children who need your financial support, and that it is your responsibility to provide for them to the best of your ability.

* Always arrive home refreshed and happy - put your bad day or your confrontation with your boss, the traffic, the crowds or the physical exhaustion you might feel aside and try to arrive home as cheery and lighthearted as you possibly can. Your wife has been struggling with the children and the housework all day, she does not need to hear about how bad your day was.

* Be prepared to help with household chores when you get home - let your wife relax or talk on the phone since she has been dealing with these problems all day. Make supper for her often, and offer to clean up afterwards so that she may rest and feel appreciated.

* Do not bore your wife with stories of the troubles you faced at work today. Remember that you are lucky to have a job and that many other men would be happy to trade places with you. Remember that it is not masculine to complain or let worries trouble you. Your job is to provide, and whatever you must go through to achieve this is part of your lot in life. A good husband knows that he is lucky to have a wife at all, and that a woman wants a strong, silent man she can depend on.

* Never expect your wife to have contributed to the smooth operation of the household. She has had a busy day and cannot be expected to provide meals or clean clothes for you. Never insult her by asking her to do such things while you're out earning money. Be mindful always that your wife may think you are being sexist if you ask her to help make a home for your family as part of your partnership.

* Be prepared to account for your whereabouts every minute of the day, including an explanation as to why you were away from the phone when she tried to call or why you were unable to chat with her for twenty minutes when she did get through to you. You must always put her interests first, and be mindful of her natural suspicion about her husband's activities. A good husband knows that men can't be trusted, and that a wife has every reason to believe you will hurt and humiliate her.

* Do not grumble or gripe about handing over your paycheque to her - she is in control of your finances and knows better than you how to spend or invest your money. Never assume that the money you earn is yours to do with as you will - you have a family to think about now, and their needs must always come before your own.

* Listen avidly to your wife's complaints. She leads a hectic life and needs to feel listened to and appreciated. Never suggest ways in which she might solve whatever problem is vexing her. You need only listen; your suggestions are likely insensitive and unfeeling anyway. And do not counter with complaints of your own. She would love to have the chance to leave the house and work, she does not need to hear about how difficult your job is.

* Be prepared to give up your weeknights or weekends to whatever projects or socializing your wife has in mind. If she has determined that cleaning out the garage or painting the upstairs bathroom would be the best use of your time, never complain that you would like to relax or pursue personal interests instead. She has every right to expect that you will make repairs to the house or help her redecorate during your time off. Do not be so selfish as to ask for personal time. You are a family man now, you do not have the luxury of personal time.

* Always be prepared to take over in caring for the children when you get home from work. Your wife has been busy all day and deserves some quiet time. Allow her to watch television or chat with her friends on the phone, go shopping or simply relax. They are your children too, and it is unfair of you to expect to come home from a twelve hour day and simply put your feet up.

* Never grumble about having to support children you didn't want to have. If you were irresponsible enough to help her get pregnant, then it is your duty to pay for that child for the next eighteen years. If you decide to have sex, you must know that pregnancy may result and be fully prepared to take responsibility for it. This, of course, does not apply to her. She doesn't have to be responsible for her actions, and can abort a child she conceived any time she wants, whether this breaks your heart or not. Accept this stoically. She has the special privilege of being able to kill her unborn child, carry it to term and give it up for adoption, or have it and raise it all by herself if she wants, but you have the responsibility of simply living with whatever choice she makes and quite often paying for it, too. Remember, you have no right to be a parent and no right not to be a parent, you are just a man.
A good husband knows his place.

There is one main difference between the Good Wife's Guide and the above. The first list is outdated and laughable in its attitudes towards women; the second list, however, could be printed today since every single sentiment expressed in it is practiced, believed and upheld by modern wives and by the culture at large.
 ;)
Be the person that your dog thinks you are

Offline catzenmouse

• Victory Park - Omsk
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #60 on: May 30, 2006, 05:58:16 AM »
"You Americans are so phoney with your greeting and smile to stranger. Why would total stanger ask me, 'how are you?' or tell to me, "Goodbye. Have a nice day.' when they don't enven know me?"

That is exactly how Elena feels about Americans and the phoney interest in how you are etc. It is widely believed that people who smile for no reason are "Nobody at Home". When they are happy they do smile and laugh a lot but see no reason to pretend to be something they are not. I find it pretty refreshing.

Ken
"Marriage is that relation between man and woman in which the independence is equal, the dependence mutual, and the obligation reciprocal."
-- Louis K. Anspacher

Offline catzenmouse

• Victory Park - Omsk
« Reply #61 on: May 30, 2006, 05:59:41 AM »
pitbull,

Are you sure you aren't my ex-wife? Sure sounds like what she believed... ;D

Ken
"Marriage is that relation between man and woman in which the independence is equal, the dependence mutual, and the obligation reciprocal."
-- Louis K. Anspacher

Offline catzenmouse

• Victory Park - Omsk
« Reply #62 on: May 30, 2006, 06:01:25 AM »
Billy,

Welcome back! Do you have an idea of how soon will Natalia will be here? I'll be very interested to hear about her thoughts of life here.

Ken
-- Louis K. Anspacher

Offline pitbull

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #63 on: May 30, 2006, 06:38:17 AM »
No, I'm not, Ken :)
But I think it would be only fare to Billy's fiancee to have both lists....After all America is a land of information and choice...or not? :-\
Be the person that your dog thinks you are

Offline catzenmouse

• Victory Park - Omsk
« Reply #64 on: May 30, 2006, 07:01:02 AM »
No, I'm not, Ken :)
But I think it would be only fare to Billy's fiancee to have both lists....After all America is a land of information and choice...or not? :-\

Fair enough. I'll show this to Elena too and see what she says about it.

Ken
-- Louis K. Anspacher

Offline PeeWee

« Reply #65 on: May 30, 2006, 11:32:03 AM »
That is exactly how Elena feels about Americans and the phoney interest in how you are etc. It is widely believed that people who smile for no reason are "Nobody at Home". When they are happy they do smile and laugh a lot but see no reason to pretend to be something they are not. I find it pretty refreshing.

Ken

I agree, Catman. It must be a Russian belief. Your Elena believes the same as my Elena. I'm begining to see a pattern here.

Peewee

Offline Rim

« Reply #66 on: June 01, 2006, 12:49:15 PM »
I agree, Catman. It must be a Russian belief. Your Elena believes the same as my Elena. I'm begining to see a pattern here.

Peewee

My observation:
I've seen a trend that as Russia and Russians become more capitalistic in nature that they begin to understand the importants of creating a happy and successful facade. It's kind of interesting to see Russian actors in TV commercials smile, because many of them don't seem to know how to put on a fake smile that looks somewhat natural.

However, I grew up on a farm where people only smiled when there was something to smile about, and only talk when there was something to say, so I also find the "Russian way" a more refreshing appoach.

Offline Michelangelo

• Opted-Out
  • A man paints with his brains and not with his hand
« Reply #67 on: June 01, 2006, 01:16:32 PM »
In the book PARIS by Rick Steves, Rick discusses this and tells us Americans to leave our smiles behind.

The problem is that the French think Americans are insencere when they smile.  They are wrong; we are being sincere.

But they don't know this.

So since they don't realize it, the hell with them.  Don't smile.

Guess the same thing goes in Moscow, huh?
The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low, and achieving our mark.  michelangelo

Offline BC

« Reply #68 on: June 01, 2006, 01:49:38 PM »
The problem is that the French think Americans are insencere when they smile.  They are wrong; we are being sincere.

I dunno... been to enough business conventions in the US to learn that folks who have that ear to ear smile are the ones to really watch out for. 

At the last convention my wife commented "why was that man smiling so big?".. I replied "he owes us"..

or..

That smile we saw when we met my ex at a family affair.. or was that baring teeth?

Sincere?.. oh yeah..

My take is that smiling all the time and for every occasion really is insincere.. Walking down the street with your molars showing really does look kinda stupid..  dole them out in moderation.

;D
« Last Edit: June 01, 2006, 01:57:48 PM by BC »

Offline BillyB

« Reply #69 on: June 01, 2006, 04:24:40 PM »
Killer-B, Ken, yes I'm back but I don't want to be. I still want to be with you know who. ;) WE plan on marrying near the end of this year in her country going the k-3 route. To be honest, I'm tired of waiting but we took the safer longer method of getting to know each other.

Pitbull, there are probably some things Natalia would like in that list but I won't send it to her. I knew I could send the Goodwife's list and she'd accept it but she may not accept the list you put up. She doesn't want a pussy whipped man for a husband. (feminists, stop reading here) She told me her role in marriage is to please me and I will make the decisions. She's happy that I'm older, more mature, and she could rely on me for advice and knowledge. Of course one may think she's stupid for submitting herself this way or she has a lack of confidence in herself to attract men or make decisions but that's unlikely. She's smart to pick a man(me :)) who makes solid decisions, won't abuse her and do more for her than she expects. She's very happy with the way I treat her without kissing her ass. She's a good looking gal that had 2 invitations to meet foreign men on their turf and had 2 marriage proposals from local guys and has a good job and a work visa in her passport. She has a lot going for her and can choose most any man she wants, especially a man she could run all over and control. A man like that turns her off. Also just because a guy doesn't do many domestic chores doesn't mean he's lazy. There are many hard working men who focus their energy towards other things such as their career. Some men own businesses and are not only responsible for their own family but their employees too. If the business goes down, everybody working there loses.

Peewee, Yes Natalia smiles a lot in photos when she's with me. Don't worry BC, she doesn't have a big cheesy smile 24/7 everywhere she goes. I like happy positive people and that's why I adore Natalia. She's full of sunshine. I've never been in an argument yet with her. I'm almost willing to bet I may never be in an argument with her. She can politely disagree with something but that's to the extent she goes. Of course I haven't screwed up royally yet to see if she'll go ballistic. One question I sneak into my letters to the ladies I write is "Are you happy?" Some women complain about their lives or say they're happy but Natalia's answer was fantastic. She said "Whether you ask me really I is happy? I can precisely tell that - yes I am happy! Why? Yes because I have all -  a roof above my head, mom, brother, grandmother, bread, work, my appearance and certainly friends, I love all this and I know that love me! It is simply wonderful. Thank God I am happy! She's a happy person in a place that has little to be happy about.

I asked Natalia's opinion about her thoughts of the way Muscovites talk and she said "Busy and angry". She was a little disappointed to see that the women of Moscow isn't as beautiful as she thought. I told her big cities can do that to women without getting into a big discussion that city women could be more feminist at times. There was a lot she didn't like about the people of Moscow but overall, she would like to live there. I told her "you shouldn't make a quick judgement on a place to live based on a few days experience and you can't live in Moscow because you'll be coming with me".

One thing I greatly respect Natalia for is the way she handles money. I am always one to tell men not to send too much money spoiling a fiancee/wife or buying her love. Since we are to get married in Tashkent, I left Natalia with $1000 for our wedding ceremony to hold. I told her she can spend it on medical emergencies or for her pleasure or to take her mom out occasionally. Knowing the way many women are, I expected some of the money to be spent if not depleted completely. Letting her hold $1000 would let me see how she can handle or run with money. When we planned the trip I told her to pay for her ticket using our wedding money and bring a lot just in case I don't make it to Moscow. To my surprise, she didn't ask me for any money. Her ticket cost $400 and she brought $400 cash. Of course in Moscow I gave her the money back to cover the travel expenses. She knows how to save money better than I do. I think I'll let her run the family's finances when she gets over here. The suitcase she brought was basically the size of a large carry on bag with the minimum of clothes. I told her I would like to buy her a nice dress and shoes. We found a shop that sold a Chinese designed dress that she liked but she didn't buy it. After a few days into the vacation and occasionally asking her to stop in the shop to get that dress with no luck, I gave up. I respect her for not taking advantage of all that's offered to her.

Hookers were in abundance at the hotel we were staying at. At the pub inside the hotel where we went for a late night snack and drink, they would sit together and scope out single men, leave with them and return within an hour(that's fast) after finishing the tasks asked of them. Natalia was confused on why men would pay for average looking women instead of the best looking women. (Few of the hookers we good looking and they all dressed sexy in my opinion). I told her some men need to release their hormones on any woman since they haven't had sex in a long time. Some men have problems attracting a woman without money an will settle for anything and the best looking woman here is not available to them, she belongs to me".

Here's a photo outside the gates of the Kremlin. I was wanting to speak with Putin because I wanted to give him a few tips to make the country run smoother but he wasn't available. After touring the Kremlin, St. Basil's church and the Red Square where prayers and executions took place along with the very ground Napoleon reviewed his troops on, I took Natalia to Moscow's most abundant and most famous restaurant. Translated to English, it's called McDonald's. It's almost everywhere. She liked the Big Mak. Most McDonald's are packed with people and have reasonable prices. After eating at enough $30-$50 a meal cafes where the food tasted like crap, McDonald's was welcomed choice for a second visit at the end of our trip.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2006, 04:33:01 PM by BillyB »

Offline rodsteel

« Reply #70 on: June 01, 2006, 06:09:59 PM »
BillyB since you seem to travel there fairly often and you are getting married there, you might want to consider the Direct Consular Filing option like I am thinking about (see discussion thread under the visas Forum) rather than the K3.

Regards,

Rod

>>>>

Here's the Embassy link

http://www.usembassy.uz/home/index.aspx?&=&mid=627&overview=1644

and info:

HOW TO FILE AN I-130 PETITION IN TASHKENT:

U.S. Citizens may submit an I-130 petition at the Consular Section of the U.S. Embassy. The Consular Section accepts the I-130 and supporting documents from U.S. Citizens on Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 10.00 to 12.00.  Once your case is ready, you will be scheduled for an interview.  Interviews are held on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 14.00 to 16.00.

In order to submit an I-130 Petition overseas, U.S. Citizens must present the following documents in person to the Consular Section. 

1.   Proof of U.S. citizenship: Your original U.S. Passport or birth certificate, and a photocopy;

2.   Alien relative’s passport: the passport should be valid for international travel.  Please remember that all residents of Uzbekistan must obtain a valid EE&C (formerly known as OVIR) exit stamp before they may leave;   

3.   Petition for each alien relative (Form I-130);

4.   Biographic Information Form (G-325A) both for U.S. Citizen and alien relatives;

5.   Two photographs of the U.S. Citizen and the alien relatives: 2”x2” size; background must be white or off-white;   

6.   Affidavit of Support (Form I -864) for each alien relative: original. I-864 form must be notarized. The Consular Officer can notarize this document.  You must include your most recent Federal Income Tax Return (form 1040) and a letter from your current employer. If a copy of the tax return or other financial document is not available at the time of filing the petition, the U.S. Citizen may send the documents to his/her alien relatives before their interview in Tashkent. 

7.   Marriage certificate: original and a photocopy;

8.   Divorce/death certificate(s) for any previous marriages of alien relative:  original and photocopy;

9.   Divorce/death certificate(s) for any previous marriages of U.S. Citizen petitioner: original or original certified copy and photocopy;

10. Birth certificate(s) for each alien relative: original and photocopy;

11. Police certificate(s) from each place an alien relative lived longer than 6 months since turning 16, with a translation. Uzbek citizens should apply for a police certificate at the Information Center at the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Uzbekistan, address: #1, Radjabi Street, Tashkent. Receiving hours: Tuesday and Thursday 3-4 p.m.  Foreign citizens should apply at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Uzbekistan, receiving hours Monday through Friday 3-5p.m.  Police certificates must include all names (including maiden name) used since turning 16.  The certificates are issued based on the request of the Consular Section of the U.S. Embassy;

12. Fees: The charge for filing the I-130 petition is $190.

Important Notice! Any supporting documents that are in a language other than English must be accompanied by a complete English translation. The translator must include a sealed or stamped statement that the translation is accurate and that s/he is competent to translate.

2. APPROVAL OF THE PETITION:  Once the Petitioner has provided the Consular Section with all the above documents, the Consular Officer will review the case and schedule an interview for the applicant to approve the petition.  The Consular Officer conducts I-130 interviews between 14.00 to 16.00 on Tuesdays and Thursdays.  Once the petition is approved, the Consular Section will mail an appointment letter to the immigrant visa applicant, which will include a packet of forms and applications that must be filled out and presented at the time of applicant’s immigrant visa interview.

3. INTERVIEW AT THE EMBASSY IN TASHKENT: The appointment letter will indicate the date and time of the immigrant visa applicant’s interview at the U.S. Embassy in Tashkent.  If you need to change the date or time of your interview, you must contact the consular section directly at tashkentiv@state.gov (with the subject line: immigrant visa appointment) or telephone 998 71 140-2217. Telephone calls are accepted Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 14:00 to 16:00.   

4. DOCUMENTS TO PRESENT AT THE INTERVIEW

In addition to the documents presented by the U.S. Citizen Petitioner, all visa applicants must bring the following documents to the interview:

1.   DS-230 part I and 2 completed in English

2.   Passport valid for travel abroad: original and a photocopy

3.   Two photos for each visa applicant: 2”x2” size; background must be white or off-white;

4.   Results of the standard medical examination: Applicants are required to undergo a medical examination by the Embassy panel physician.  Results of the medical examination will be given to the applicant by the clinic in a sealed envelope. Applicants must submit this sealed envelope with the results of medical examination at the interview. The applicant must also present his/ her vaccination record for medical examination;

5.   Affidavit of Support (Form I -864) for each alien relative: The applicant must submit an original I-864 for each applicant if one was not submitted with the I–130 petition.  The I-864 form must be notarized.  In addition, U.S. Citizens must include their most recent Federal Income Tax Return (form 1040) and a letter from the U.S. Citizen’s current employer.

6.   Visa application fee: Each immigrant visa applicant must pay a fee of $380.00

The consular officer may also ask for additional information at the time of the applicant’s interview that helps to establish the relationship between petitioner and the beneficiary.  This information may include photos, letters, or phone records.

5. OBTAIN EXIT PERMISSION: Once the applicant receives a U.S. immigrant visa s/he must obtain an exit permit in order to permanently leave Uzbekistan.  S/he will obtain this permit from the Uzbek Entry, Exit and Citizenship office (EE&C- formerly known as OVIR).  The exit permit is issued based on a document that demonstrates a person’s right to live in another country (in this case, a U.S. immigrant visa).  It usually takes 30 business days for EE&C to issue an exit permit.

6. TRAVEL TO THE US:  GOOD LUCK!  U.S. law requires that conditional CR-1 status be granted to spouses who have been married less than two years at the time the visa is granted.  Two years after entry into the United States, you and your spouse must file a joint petition with the BCIS (former INS) for your spouse to receive permanent immigrant status. 
« Last Edit: June 01, 2006, 06:13:29 PM by rodsteel »

Offline BillyB

« Reply #71 on: June 17, 2006, 10:22:36 PM »
Thanks for the info Rod, I know a guy who married in Tashkent last year who I could depend on for info but I'm sure some of the rules have changed.

I wanted to go to the Bolshoi Theater Moscow where greats such as Tchaikovsky performed but one needs to reserve tickets months ahead of time. Can't remember the name but Natalia and I did go to a second rate performing arts theater to see a Romeo & Juliet ballet. Going to the theater, we called a taxi to pick us up and while waiting for the taxi, it started to rain in near Biblical proportions. The streets was running with water and I ended up carrying Natalia across the running water to the taxi so her feet wouldn't get wet. Taxi's were expensive at 500-600 roubles average. We did get a bargain coming back from the Circus.  A teenager was thrilled that we would give him 400 roubles, besides transporting a foreigner(me), for a ride. He had his girlfriend with him and it seemed they were just cruising the town for fun. I tipped the guy 100 roubles and he was thrilled. They were a couple of good kids it seemed so I figured the guy could use the extra money to take his gal out. I wasn't worried about the way taxi's drove around town. I know other people have complained that the driving was too fast and dangerous but it was fine for me. They only time I did worry is when one teenage boy decided to pass police escorting a Mercedes. The police nearly ran us off the road as we were trying to pass. I don't know what the kid was thinking but he sure didn't seem to respect the flashing blue lights.
  Gorky park is another place we visited. It was more like an amusement park and we stopped at a cafe there with an Uzbekistan theme in design and food. We also stopped at the Puskin State Museum of fine arts. It is the second most important museum of Western art in Russia after the Hermitage in St.Petersburg.
  For a souvenir, I talked to Natalia about buying a matryoshka doll for our family and memories of Moscow. I bought one for 5000 roubles which is nearly $200. It consists of 30 dolls total. It's amazing how they all fit inside each other! There were matryoshka dolls that costs upward to about $500 I seen but they were selling at that price because an experienced artist painted them. Most dolls are in the $20-30 range.
  Here's a photo Natalia and the Kremlin from the boat we were riding in.

Offline BradSTL

« Reply #72 on: June 18, 2006, 02:07:37 AM »
You Americans are so phoney with your greeting and smile to stranger. Why would total stanger ask me, 'how are you?' or tell to me, "Goodbye. Have a nice day.' when they don't enven know me
Gotta be a smart-alec ;D... ever tried... well its been nice to talk to ya'... up yours you Vodka-wreaking Russian slut'?    Is this preferable? ;)

Offline JPjr

• Love-n-Joe
« Reply #73 on: June 18, 2006, 05:30:41 AM »
Congratulations on another successful trip Billy, you two are looking good.
Long Life

Offline Killer-B

« Reply #74 on: June 19, 2006, 12:33:25 PM »
Hey BillyB - Remember awhile back I asked if she had a sister LOL - I think I found her "twin" - :)

Now - how to determine which one is evil - and which is good? LOL

Cheers -

KB

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats