It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: 4 dates via Agency in Odessa last week - have I been scammed, or is she legit?  (Read 47617 times)

Offline surfsportz

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: None (yet)
Hi all - I'm new to these forums (posting at least).  Wanted to post my experience, hoping it can help some, but also I hope that some of you can help shed light on my experience so I will know whether to believe what I'm being told now by one girl or not.

I read about http://bridesofukraine.com/ agency in another forum on this website (I think it was like dating ukrainian women 101 or something).  Someone posted there recommending that agency as one of a few in Ukraine that was legit.  I began talking to them about a month ago, selecting girls on their website I wanted to meet.  Flew to Odessa last week and got there late Wednesday (May 25, 2016), was there for only 3 days (I'll explain why below), dated 4 girls that the agency set me up with for a fee of $70 each.  Interpreters would show up with the girl & I paid the interpreter $20/hr USD cash at the end of each date. 

I asked Daria (my contact at Brides of Ukraine .... she's a 23 yr old single Ukranian girl who seems sincere & honest) whether any of these girls had a direct relationship with her agency - she dodged the question a few times, then answered "No - all girls on our website are with other agencies & we have relationships with all agencies all over Ukraine - only the honest ones."  She has known that I have been very skeptical the entire time I've been talking to her.  For me, I've read so many things online about the scams that I assumed it was all fake.  But I fly free on American Airlines (gets me most of the way there), and this agency only charged me $70 per meeting, so I figured worst case scenario I could finally (after years of wanting to do this) come see what it was all about & if nothing else, at least explore Odessa.  My original plan was to also go to Kiev and date some women there. 

Anyway, Daria gave me a list of restaurants to avoid b/c they have a "double menu" where they charge westerners more than locals, and she said that if the girls try to decide where we will eat and try to take me to one of these places & run up the bill, don't let them. 

My first 3 meetings were disappointing.  Its one thing to connect on Match.com or Tinder with a girl in my city in the USA & meet for lunch or a walk in a park & find that she doesn't look much like her pictures.  It an entirely different thing to fly thousands of miles, take time off work, spend money to get there, etc & then show up and see someone that looks really different.  I had even seen "natural photos" of the girls before meeting them .... b/c their pics on the BridesofUkraine.com website are all professionally taken w/good lighting, angles, makeup, etc.  But the first 3 didn't look nearly as good as even their natural photos did, and one of them had hair shorter than most men's hair that was auburn ... when her pics had this gorgeous long blond hair ... I took pics at lunch of her face, and I really don't even think it was the same girl.  All 3 of these girls gave me their phone #s & said they wanted to go out again, chat on whatsapp or viber, and hoped i would come back soon.  All 3 of these were fine when I told them where I wanted to go to eat with them on the date. 

I'm 46 & regularly date women that are 24-33 in the US - so the girls I met with in Odessa were 23-27.

Here's the thing: I have no idea if some of the $70 and some of the $20/hr for the interpreter is being paid to these girls to get them to show up, text later, try to get me back on a 2nd and 3rd date with the same interpreter, etc.  Daria (at bridesof ukraine.com) has known I have been very skeptical since I first contacted her.

Her response is always the same "If they were getting paid, all would accept your offer to meet, but only a small number of the girls you've sent us agreed to meet you"  --- Sounds right.  But then I think, maybe some girls in their DB were never real Odessa women; others may have been years ago but may be married now or have moved elsewhere, and others could just be busy or temporarily out of town when I was there, etc. 

This is my biggest question - were these girls getting paid to meet me?  Wish there was a way to know.  Wish I could really know whether these girls spoke english or not.  I tested them a little when the interpreter went to the bathroom, and 3 fo the 4 could communicate with me a bit, not great (unless they were faking?). 

Long story short, my 4th date showed up looking amazing.  Different than her pics, but probably same girl, and either way, absolutely drop dead gorgeous.  Daria gave me this one free (i.e. no $70 charge) b/c #3 girl looked so different from pics.  But when I told her where I wanted to go, she had the interpreter tell me to get in the cab, she wanted to go to a restaurant she has always heard of but never been to ... and of course, the sucker that I am for beautiful women, I agreed & jumped in (it was raining so would have been hard to debate while we were getting soaked). 

This restaurant was nicer and more expensive than the one I was suggested to her when we met.  She ordered appetizers (to run up the bill?) but then she served me food from the appetizer plates onto my plate .... something nobody has ever done for me on a date in my life.  Very nice - felt like she genuinely wanted to take care of me, to serve me.  OR, just trying to get me to eat lots & order lots to run up the bill?  You can see I have been super skeptical of this entire thing.  But the whole reason I invested the money to go to the Ukraine after years of wondering whether this is all real or not is b/c a close friend of mine who lived in the Ukraine for a couple of years recently married a girl from there ... and she is drop dead gorgeous, at least 3 numbers higher than he could pull in the US (I know, bc I have been with him at week long social events & seen him struggle socially).  So, for him at least, she really did want to move to the US, and it worked to help him marry at a higher level than he could have in the US.

Anyway, I loved this 4th girl's personality.  Super playful and fun, maybe even a little flirty?  Different from the other 3.  We seemed to hit it off.  Then my skepticism kicked in and I think "Daria (the agent I was working with), knew I was fed up after the first 3 and about to bail on the agency ... so did she direct this 4th date to be extra flirty, to keep me hooked in?  So, after lunch she said she had 1 more hour, so I suggested we go to a museum.  She knew of a wax museum across the street from our restaurant, so we went with the interpreter.  Super fun.  She was even more playful, seemed to find excuses to touch my arm, etc ... clear signals of interest if I was on a reg date in the US.  Anyway, we had a great time, but I just have such a hard time believing that this is real b/c she is so amazing etc & even tho I am athletic and I do pretty well in the usa, this girl is a 10, and she's 24 yrs old, and there is no way in the US I pull women like this ... so I don't want to get my hopes up. 

At end of date I ask for her number, she doesn't give it.  Says she doesn't have whatsapp or viber (which everyone there seemed to have), says we can email.  Email????  Instantly my mind thinks "scam ... pay per letter to be translated ..." but we emailed a couple times using google translate.  Her messages are short.  Mine are long.  I told her (in person & email) that if we get onto a chat/text app & communicate lots in the next few weeks, I'll come back in June & we can do fun stuff together like we talked about when we found we had common interests (karaoke, skydiving, horseback riding, etc).  She emails that she really wants to do those things & looks forward to seeing me in June.  Keeps telling me she will get whatsapp but doesn't.  Then finally today (a few days after our date) she emails me her skype ID.  I messaged her on it, ... haven't heard back yet.  She's supposedly on a family vacation to Lviv.  I have asked twice for her to send me fun selfies of her in Lviv ... would like proof she is really there. 

I was planning on meeting other women, but once I met her, and we both told each other at end of date we were really into each other & wanted to see where it could go, there was no reason for me (or motivation) to meet other women.  I told her this face to face on the date.  I said something like "I don't know you well, but from what I do know, I am not interested in having more dates while I am here.  If you aren't serious, please tell me now, but if you are genuinely interested in dating me & seeing what we can build together, then I will call my agency right when our date ends and cancel all remaining meetings with girls they have set up, and since you are leaving tonight for Lviv with your family and we can't go out again while I was planning on being here, there is no reason for me to stay in town."  She insisted she was interested, so I cancelled all other dates & left Odessa.

I've told her a couple times that if we text regularly on skype/whatsapp/viber (one of these) during the next 3 weeks, I will come to Odessa in June instead of touring parts of europe that I had already planned to visit in June.  If I stick to my guns on that, then I think this will resolve itself.  If she uses one of those apps and is actively communicating with me, like we all naturally do when we are genuinely interested in someone, then I'll go back & date her more, and not worry that she is using me to take her skydiving or horseback riding, or to get paid part of the ongoing interpreter fees (also, if I go back and use an interpreter on our dates, I'll hire and bring my own interpreter.  I should have required this with my agency for all initial meetings, but Daria insisted that the other agency that supplies the girl has to provide the interpreter - that this is how it is done.)

So, maybe none of you will read all of this - but it was therapeutic to write lol.   I would be done for life if this girl ends up being everything she seems to be.  But at this point, I am about 90-95% skeptical & thinking this is a scam, and the other part of me hopes it is real. 

My trip to Odessa did, at least, confirm a few things for me that I now know for sure - beyond any doubt.

1) There are an incredibly high percentage of women in Odessa walking around that have long hair, beautiful faces, and fit bodies.  I'd say in most states in the US, maybe 5-10% of women qualify like this.  In Odessa, it was like 65-70% - unreal.  Seems like they all have the exact same genetics when it came to body type ... they all wore tight jeans & almost every woman has thin toned legs.  Incredible.

2) Many of these women were coupled up with average or below average looking men.  I saw this a lot.  Stands out b/c in the US you would never see that.

3) Many women there are coupled up with much older men.  (saw this lots in Odessa, then had a layover in Kiev last night, went to dinner near airport, very cool restaurant with excellent food, and only other table occupied was men in 50s and women in late 20s or early 30s - very attractive girls, very average men, but maybe they had money.

What I wasn't able to confirm, and in fact my experience there, albeit short, seems to deny this claim, was the idea that Ukrainian women want to marry a western man.  If that was the case, then why is it that when I approached women on the street, in a club, at Arcadia (an outdoor arcade/restaurant/nightlife area near the beaches of the black sea), didn't any of them want to talk to me?  If meeting and possibly marrying an american is so desired by women here, why couldn't I get the time of day when approaching women?  It was worse than my success/failure ratio in the US when I approach women like that.  Weird - but made me wonder if very few women here want that.  I know that for me, back in the US, if an English or Aussie girl was to talk to me, her accent would increase the hotness factor by at least 1 lol.

Also, I've had a paid Tinder account for a while, and have also used fdating.com to contact girls in Odessa and Kiev long before coming here.  In the US, I get dates with girls I'm interested in from Tinder or FB occasionally.  But I rarely matched with girls on Tinder that I liked that were in Odessa or Kiev - and when I did, most ignored messages (just as girls do in US).  So, again, if women there are so interested in western men, why didn't I have more success on Tinder or on fDating.com?

BTW - to preempt those of you chomping at the bit to rip on me as a shallow, physical-appearance-fixated-blah-blah-blah ... save your breath.   I'm fully aware that a woman's character, her personality, our common lifestyles, interests, etc are much more important than physical looks when it comes to making a long term relationship work.  But I can land a 7 or 8 that is 15 years younger than me in the US anytime ... one with the character etc that I'm looking for ... so for me, I'm looking in the Ukraine to land a woman on a level I can't attract/land in the US.

OK - rant over.  Tired.  Will likely need to seriously edit this & clarify it tomorrow when not so sleep deprived. 

But I'd love to hear thoughts from those of you more experienced with this stuff.  Did I get scammed?  If so, what's the play now?  Why is she emailing me still?  OR, do you think my #4 girl is legit?  The solid 10 who is 24 yrs old that supposedly doesn't want to have children (b/c I have 5 and she knows I don't want to start over & have more) ... she wants to date and maybe marry me and move to US with me? 

What do you think?

Offline dragonkid

• Banned Member
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 1 - 3
I know the owner of the site, spoke to him via viber, we were meant to meetup in person in uk, he is a down to earth guy. If you are as great as you say you are, you will have no problem with that site.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 04:05:45 PM by dragonkid »
Not all of us Brits have terrible teeth, right Msmoby?

Offline SANDRO43

Hello Surfsportz, and welcome to RWD. A pity you did not join BEFORE your Ukr adventure: searching this forum for "Brides of Ukraine" and "Odessa" might have been somewhat enlightening ;).
Milan's "Duomo"

Offline jone

• Trips: > 10
Average price of a translator in today's economy in Ukraine?  $5.00 per hour.  Typically they split the money between the translator, the agency and the gal.

Welcome to the forum.  Next time ask your questions in advance.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
Great story.  Thanks for sharing.

I was  going to tell you that you had a good chance with number 4 and others like her . . . until I got to the end.

All of the FSU gals under 35 or so ARE GOING TO WANT TO HAVE CHILDREN;  SOONER OR LATER,  DOESN'T MATTER THAT THEY DENY IT NOW.

You as an adult man should have known this all along, as it applies almost as strongly to all American women in the same age group.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Larry1

• Trips: 4 - 10
... dated 4 girls that the agency set me up with for a fee of $70 each.  Interpreters would show up with the girl & I paid the interpreter $20/hr USD cash at the end of each date... 

My first 3 meetings were disappointing.  Its one thing to connect on Match.com or Tinder with a girl in my city in the USA & meet for lunch or a walk in a park & find that she doesn't look much like her pictures.  It an entirely different thing to fly thousands of miles, take time off work, spend money to get there, etc & then show up and see someone that looks really different. ... the first 3 didn't look nearly as good as even their natural photos did, and one of them had hair shorter than most men's hair that was auburn ... when her pics had this gorgeous long blond hair ... I took pics at lunch of her face, and I really don't even think it was the same girl...   

At end of date I ask for her number, she doesn't give it.  Says she doesn't have whatsapp or viber (which everyone there seemed to have), says we can email.  Email????  Instantly my mind thinks "scam ... pay per letter to be translated ..." but we emailed a couple times using google translate.  Her messages are short.  Mine are long.   

Your fact pattern raises a lot of questions. I'll address only a few of them:

1. As jone pointed out above $20/hour for an interpreter there is too high. And $70 per introduction is also on the high side.

2. You have hit on one of the fundamental dynamics of this search.  A guy typically spends $3,000 - 4,000 on one of these trips. The girls you met spent an evening.

To avoid those who don't look like their photos I suggest going to skype before your trip. I actually got this advice from a fsuw. she had corresponded for months with a guy whose photos were good looking. she did a bit of internet sleuthing and found that he used a model's photos.

3. Not giving you her phone number at this point is fishy. And nearly every young fsuw has a smartphone these days, and so can use whatsapp or viber.

Offline Morty

An alternate view:

My BIL had a Russian client who chartered a private jet to bring his 21 y.o mistresse's dog to Cannes because it was sick and she didn't trust the dog nanny to take care of it. He then hired a vet on an hourly rate to join their yacht party to supervise the dog for the entire voyage. The entire bill for the dog's one bout of vomiting was well over 150,000 USD. The dog was fed on fresh chicken prepared by a Michelin star chef and flown in from Paris that alone probably cost more than anything you spent your entire trip.

I saw a Arab from Kuwait give a smoking hot girl in a club his Rolex just to get her phone number, another offered to import a girl a Lamborghini from the UAE and buy her an apartment just to be his mistress for 3 weeks a year. Odessa girls drive men crazy and they spend major green to get a taste of it.

And you guys complain about 20 USD translators and 70 USD agency fees.  :D

Really, given the state of the US economy a us passport isn't THAT valuable these days which is why most Odessa girls are now the playthings of the UAE Arabs who throw money at them just to get at the honey pot.

Moral of this story: if you want a smoking hot 23 y.o  Victorians secrets model from Odessa, don't expect to run her on Wendy's burgers and thrift stores. If you want to be a cheap guy - go to some industrial shithole in the east and find a girl who considers a hot bath a good night in.

Odessa is like the Monte Carlo of the FSU - that's where all the rich boys play. Unless you hit up an over 30 past her expiry you are playing with expensive fire.

Offline jone

Silliness. 

Who cares about the gal who wants a Rolex?  If she does, she is not for me.  I worked very hard for my money.  I want someone who is supportive of those efforts and does not spend it all, simply because she can.  If she has any moxie she will contemplate saving for her family's future, as do most of the women I have met on my trips.

Morty, I can tell you that you may think you know Eastern European women, but the ones you know are the prodaters, the gold diggers and the scammers. 

The op asked whether the women were sincere.  Chances are they were not.  This is an industry, folks.  It is one of the largest industries currently in Ukraine.  The agencies are set up to grab as much money from you as is possible.    The lack of communication, except through the agency, and the high price of interpreters is a dead giveaway that these gals were on the clock.

Based on the OPs report, he got exactly what he was looking for.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline BillyB

Surfsportz, paranoia will destroya. Don't go over to the FSU thinking everybody wants to take advantage of you. You're going to scare off the good girls. When the girls ask the interpreter what she thinks of you, the interpreter tells them you don't trust people. The interpreter may or may not be your friend so don't expect them to be a friend. Don't tell her you don't trust your date. Be polite, say goodbye, and move on to another girl. You were the one to pick your dates out of a catalogue. You are picking the pretty girls like most men do so those girls have plenty of dating experience and can be very choosy.

That beautiful girl who gave you her email gives her phone number to men she likes. You wonder how she thinks about you? You're not worth her phone number. Sure she'll accept your proposal to visit again and let you spend money on her during a date.

You've been on this forum a month or longer. You had time to read the warnings about just hoping on the plane to visit strangers. Some guys think all they have to do is show up and the girls will be begging them for marriage. By dating strangers, there is a lack of trust involved. Next go around, take some time to get to know the girls before visiting and develop a friendship with them. Call them, email them and Skype with them often. Visit the girls who are willing to invest their time in you. If you don't invest your time for them prior to visiting, don't expect much in return.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline dragonkid

• Banned Member
A girl i dated got paid £15k to sleep with a guy for the night. She showed me the bank statement. She is now married to the guy, who rakes in 7 figures a year, and to be honest, he is a really nice guy. He never married his previous woman, bought her a house, sports car, £100k in her bank account, and continues to support her even though their kids are old enough. If you play the money game, there are guys that play it much better, some are attractive physically also, those are the ones that slay most of the fsu women.

men that go to fsu often refer to fsu as a money game location, just walk around, you see women in fake designers, rolexs, there is a lot of desire for money. but it is to my belief the majority aren't gold diggers, if you go in offering them more than poverty, and are attractive for them, that is more than enough.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 03:45:23 AM by dragonkid »

Online Faux Pas

• Trips: No Selection
Surfsportz

IMHO, move on. Yes she'll love to see you when you return and are back in town for more dates. Likely this time you'll find a Mall to visit. Listen, it's been said on this forum many times, if the woman is into you, you'll know it. You'll also know it when she isn't but unfortunately many of you first timers don't get or miss the obvious the signals

Offline HoundDaddyLee

An alternate view:

My BIL had a Russian client who chartered a private jet to bring his 21 y.o mistresse's dog to Cannes because it was sick and she didn't trust the dog nanny to take care of it. He then hired a vet on an hourly rate to join their yacht party to supervise the dog for the entire voyage. The entire bill for the dog's one bout of vomiting was well over 150,000 USD. The dog was fed on fresh chicken prepared by a Michelin star chef and flown in from Paris that alone probably cost more than anything you spent your entire trip.

I saw a Arab from Kuwait give a smoking hot girl in a club his Rolex just to get her phone number, another offered to import a girl a Lamborghini from the UAE and buy her an apartment just to be his mistress for 3 weeks a year. Odessa girls drive men crazy and they spend major green to get a taste of it.

And you guys complain about 20 USD translators and 70 USD agency fees.  :D

Really, given the state of the US economy a us passport isn't THAT valuable these days which is why most Odessa girls are now the playthings of the UAE Arabs who throw money at them just to get at the honey pot.

Moral of this story: if you want a smoking hot 23 y.o  Victorians secrets model from Odessa, don't expect to run her on Wendy's burgers and thrift stores. If you want to be a cheap guy - go to some industrial shithole in the east and find a girl who considers a hot bath a good night in.

Odessa is like the Monte Carlo of the FSU - that's where all the rich boys play. Unless you hit up an over 30 past her expiry you are playing with expensive fire.

I really don't know how to reply to this. 100% of the women I have met in Odessa wouldn't go near an Arab or Turk. Period. We have a name for the ones you are talking about, whores. I hope the OP is looking for a much better quality woman than the ones you are describing. And Jon is right. The last time I used an interpreter in Odessa (5 years ago) it was $15 USD / hour. With the exchange rate at that time being around 9 gvr to the dollar. It is now 27 to the dollar, so it should be about $5 / hour. Trying to avoid getting scammed is not being cheap, it is being smart. Most FSUW, of quality, will treat your money as their own and be very careful with it.

To Surfsportz. Welcome to the group, you will learn much here. As Billy says, paranoia is not a good thing. If you go into this expecting to be scammed you may lose a quality woman. The 4th woman sounds good, but I would be worried about the lack of Viber and WhatsApp. I never met a woman that did not have at least one smart phone, some had 2.

I hope she replies to you and you can visit again in June. But, if I were you, I would go anyway. I have heard Odessa is beautiful in June. Enjoy!

HDL

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream

What do you think?

Where to start,

1. You are pushing the age envelope way too far.
2. You went to Odessa and got worked by the industry
3. You weren't scammed but shaken down for money
4. Girl number 4 is more of the same. She didn't give you her phone number
and she gave you excuses. She isn't romantically interested in you forget her.
5. Time for you to start over.

There is plenty of information here on the forum to get you restarted on the right track.

Udachi!

Bill

FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Online Faux Pas

I really don't know how to reply to this. 100% of the women I have met in Odessa wouldn't go near an Arab or Turk. Period. We have a name for the ones you are talking about, whores. I hope the OP is looking for a much better quality woman than the ones you are describing. And Jon is right. The last time I used an interpreter in Odessa (5 years ago) it was $15 USD / hour. With the exchange rate at that time being around 9 gvr to the dollar. It is now 27 to the dollar, so it should be about $5 / hour. Trying to avoid getting scammed is not being cheap, it is being smart. Most FSUW, of quality, will treat your money as their own and be very careful with it.

Actually, Morty is right. At least I believe him to be. $20 an hour is peanuts to pay a quality terp but it doesn't matter in the grander scheme of things. Surf's problems run much deeper than a $20 buck an hour terp. Surf was getting hosed and loving every minute of it and was sure he was screwing the system because his connection saved him $70 on date #4. If you think FSUW are opposed to Arabs or Turks you should take a look at Dubai. It's full of both. Do you really believe you'd have success in the FSU if you were poor? But, $20 an hour is way too much if you are paying for her accomplice in the travesty of ripping you off.

To Surfsportz. Welcome to the group, you will learn much here. As Billy says, paranoia is not a good thing. If you go into this expecting to be scammed you may lose a quality woman. The 4th woman sounds good, but I would be worried about the lack of Viber and WhatsApp. I never met a woman that did not have at least one smart phone, some had 2.

I hope she replies to you and you can visit again in June. But, if I were you, I would go anyway. I have heard Odessa is beautiful in June. Enjoy!

I do not know a single solitary 24 year old person in the FSU that doesn't know of or have an account on Viber or Whatsapp, or even Skype. Do you? Other than Surf's date #4?
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 07:25:07 AM by Faux Pas »

Offline dragonkid

• Banned Member
Do you really believe you'd have success in the FSU if you were poor?

If you tell a lie to yourself often enough, you eventually start believing it.

Offline oso

• Trips: Resident
My take on the OP's post is you are being scammed. If that woman was "into you" she would "part the seas" for you. She would make sure you weren't getting away and would make every effort to have contact with you. Also most and I mean most of the young people here can speak English

Lviv just had there American festival and it lasted for a week...

Since you have airfare covered, why don't you come here just for a vacation....say for 2 weeks. Maybe you will find what you are looking for.

Offline Boethius

1. You are pushing the age envelope way too far.

Realistically, how many Ukrainian women, or women in general, will be interested in a man with five kids?
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline ML

Realistically, how many Ukrainian women, or women in general, will be interested in a man with five kids?

Julie Andrews.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Boethius

And Jon is right. The last time I used an interpreter in Odessa (5 years ago) it was $15 USD / hour. With the exchange rate at that time being around 9 gvr to the dollar. It is now 27 to the dollar, so it should be about $5 / hour.

Are you paying the same prices for goods in the U.S. that you did five years ago?
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline SANDRO43

Concerning Ukraine Brides/Odessa, here's the profile of a 25-y.o. smoking-hot brunette from there who sent me a letter (unopened ;)) just yesterday:

Seeks Partner: 25-65 years old.

Granted that I am an extremely handsome man 8), but I'm over her age limit by some years :(. Should I initiate a correspondence nevertheless :D?

BTW, she appears here, too: http://www.scammers.ru/scammers/145771.htm#
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 11:48:33 AM by SANDRO43 »
Milan's "Duomo"

Offline jone

Sandro,

We all know what a great guy you are.  I'm sure she would make an exception for you.   :flowers:

Offline Larry1

Concerning Ukraine Brides/Odessa, here's the profile of a 25-y.o. smoking-hot brunette from there who sent me a letter (unopened ;)) just yesterday:

Seeks Partner: 25-65 years old.

Granted that I am an extremely handsome man 8), but I'm over her age limit by some years :(. Should I initiate a correspondence nevertheless :D?

BTW, she appears here, too: http://www.scammers.ru/scammers/145771.htm#

You look ten years younger

Offline Morty

Silliness. 

Who cares about the gal who wants a Rolex?  If she does, she is not for me.  I worked very hard for my money.  I want someone who is supportive of those efforts and does not spend it all, simply because she can.  If she has any moxie she will contemplate saving for her family's future, as do most of the women I have met on my trips.

Morty, I can tell you that you may think you know Eastern European women, but the ones you know are the prodaters, the gold diggers and the scammers. 

The op asked whether the women were sincere.  Chances are they were not.  This is an industry, folks.  It is one of the largest industries currently in Ukraine.  The agencies are set up to grab as much money from you as is possible.    The lack of communication, except through the agency, and the high price of interpreters is a dead giveaway that these gals were on the clock.

Funny that. My o/h was brought up in a conservative orthodox family and rarely even let's me pay a resteraunt bill. My knowledge of party girls extends to downtime with the men of the family in Odessa throwing dollar bills at them for a weekend to lose their underwear and the general disdain such girls are held in by the upper tiers of their female society know know every trick these girls pull to try and unseat them from their wealthy men.

But yeah, you are right. Your few bride hunting trips sure does outrank my job protecting Russian and Ukraine HNW families 24/7. I guess all the things they told me must be some sort of fabrication, because we all know the AD view of Ukraine being full of subservient non-materialistic virgin brides is the gospel truth....

I have no dog in this fight. I have a lovely girl whose family pay my wages and treat me like a son because I put my life on the line to protect them. You forget that there is a very different world going on outside your little bride hunting bubble. The conduct of western bride hunters has become a source of great comedy amongst a large amount of the 'normal' society. I know some poor sap in Odessa was being stood up by a case of sick grandmother while in reality she was getting banged in a nightclub toilets by one of my girl's cousins friends during an Odessa lash up. I'very heard all the dirty tales of humiliation these terms and their girls dish out to AD clients - they find it hilarious how easily these guys get scammed and the 'decent' girls find it equally hilarious that these girls give up countless opportunities at a life in the west so they end up knocked up and knocked about by some local Mafiosi wannabes.

I'm not saying ALL women are like that, but Odessa is a magnet for degenerates as much as Las Vegas; if you go to a whorehouse don't expect to find nuns.

The FSU is a very sick society, if you want to understand why look into soviet history - watch child 44 - life had no value for these people, during the Ukraine famine 25,000 people a day died and cannabalism wasn't unheard of. In their society if you are weak or stupid or naive you die, they have no sympathy for your sincerity or wholesome American boy from the farm values, they only respect strong men who can protect their families and that includes not getting mugged off by giving women money unless it is for sex.

If you go to Odessa you will find exactly what you would expect. If you target over 30 local women then you are less likely to take a burn, but most of the under 30 girls flood there from small towns for a paid for party life. If they wanted to be hard working career girls they'd go to Kyiv.

The most sincere girls I know ironically come from Donetsk, Luhansk and other industrial towns.

As for the Turks and Arabs point - where do you think the jet black hair and dark skin features these girls have come from? The ottomans, Persians et al have had the Black Sea region for centuries. My o/h family were from Azerbaijan way back when and she looks Arabic. Their favourite holiday destinations are in turkey and Dubai, and as FP said dubai, Kuwait, Istanbul, sharm are awash with Russian/Ukraine girls. They actually appreciate the Arabian charm and ability to be a alpha male patriarch who is generous and these guys are happy to spoil them while their wives sit at home with 9 kids in their Burqas. They all love smoking hookahs etc so don't believe the idea they are all looking for blue eyed American gi's. I know lots of Odessa girls dating guys from the UAE - several now living on the palm jumerah driving ferraris.

If you don't want to play in that pool don't go to Odessa. If you are looking for a frugal girl marry a 28 y.o teacher or engineer from Kharkiv not a 21 y.o lingerie model from Odessa.

« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 01:25:43 PM by Morty »

Offline Larry1

Silliness. 

Funny that. My o/h was brought up in a conservative orthodox family and rarely even let's me pay a resteraunt bill. My knowledge of party girls extends to downtime with the men of the family in Odessa throwing dollar bills at them for a weekend to lose their underwear and the general disdain such girls are held in by the upper tiers of their female society know know every trick these girls pull to try and unseat them from their wealthy men.

But yeah, you are right. Your few bride hunting trips sure does outrank my job protecting Russian and Ukraine HNW families 24/7. I guess all the things they told me must be some sort of fabrication, because we all know the AD view of Ukraine being full of subservient non-materialistic virgin brides is the gospel truth...

You have no idea of the extent of Jone's time and dating in the countries of the fsu.

Offline GatoMoon

I am very glad that you feel you were scammed.... because from what I've read about you, these girls might feel being 'scammed' by you!!!

Since you do not have any more children when you already have 5 of them, WHY ON EARTH did you go to meet these YOUNG GIRLS of under 25 ??!!!!! 

You should be dating mid 30s to mid 40s !!!

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2004
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 1992
Total: 2002

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM