It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Trippin in St Pete  (Read 372523 times)

Offline Jooky

Re: Trippin in St Pete
« Reply #175 on: April 14, 2007, 10:28:54 AM »
I hate to defend Prince Alfie's hotdog-eating pal Eric

I hate to defend this guy too. He's beyond strange. However, you are right. He was criticized and black listed on third party information.

The guy did fly to Ukraine and met a single woman. His intentions are serious and although he has many strange qualities he is upfront and honest (even proud) of them. He's certainly not a sex tourist or scammer. Why do women need to be warned about him?

The intention might be good, but the wrong men are being targeted. As pointed out above, there are thousands of true sex tourists, but they ain't hanging around this board looking for information. That world sex guide is a much better place to start.

Offline BC

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #176 on: April 14, 2007, 11:31:25 AM »
I hate to defend this guy too. He's beyond strange. However, you are right. He was criticized and black listed on third party information.

I guess the root of the matter lies to which extent a third or fourth party is discussed without their consent.

I remember a few years back some guy that sent his bride to be something like 25K to ship her bed to the US and then started asking around some forum if anyone had seen her lately..  As a report of a scam, evidence of how gullible some guys can be, or even for a good laugh quite ok..  Posting a picture of the guy, his name, his address, his telephone number or whatever would not have served any purpose at all except to sensationalize and reward whatever misguided agenda the poster had.

I don't know what agenda Alfie had, but bottom line is that IMHO he was not being responsible by including Eric's picture and other personal info that added very little, if any true value to the story.  Reflecting a bit I do feel kinda sorry for being a silent participant and for not objecting when I knew something was not quite 'right'. Thanks for pointing this out Jooky.

Offline Daveman

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #177 on: April 14, 2007, 12:03:30 PM »
I hate to defend Prince Alfie's hotdog-eating pal Eric, but it's pretty apparent now that his thread on antidate -- like Bill's -- was initiated not by the woman he met in Kiev, but by some antidate harpy who read PA's third-party trip report here..

I thought this guy was a figment of Alfie's imagination just to screw around on the board.   That was one of the first threads I read here.  I can see this guy making the list of "Ten Most Bizarre Men Searching For An FSU Wife", but for him to be blacklisted... yeah.. that's laughable.  Really.   What exactly was he blacklisted for? Serial Weirdness? May as well blacklist Charlie Brown wearing his holey Halloween Costume... "I got a rock..."

The duty of a true patriot is to protect his country from its government. -- Thomas Paine

Offline Bruno

« Reply #178 on: April 14, 2007, 01:27:54 PM »
I hate to defend Prince Alfie's hotdog-eating pal Eric

The guy did fly to Ukraine and met a single woman. His intentions are serious and although he has many strange qualities he is upfront and honest (even proud) of them. He's certainly not a sex tourist or scammer. Why do women need to be warned about him?

The intention might be good, but the wrong men are being targeted. As pointed out above, there are thousands of true sex tourists, but they ain't hanging around this board looking for information. That world sex guide is a much better place to start.

Sorry... i am the guilty here... it is me who have inform Kvinna about the topic... who have try to make Alfie in communication with Kvinna since Alfie was saying that Eric was stopping his e-mail to the lady...

Antidate black list is not only about scammer or sex tourist... you have some keyboard romeo, some liar, etc... Why i have feel that the woman need to be warned ? Very simple... It was not about the guy itself but more about his situation... sharing appartment with a other guy, no money for decent food, no stable job, etc... by example, what will be the situation if they marry and she discover all when she is coming with a K3...

No need to justify... i have think that it was go that the lady he was visiting know about the topic... maybe i was wrong, maybe i was right but it is too late for change something... but for these case, Kvinna is not responsible, i was the initiator who have inform about the topic... so, i am the guilty... maybe a new poll for see if i need to be banned until marriage like it have happen recently for a other member... i don't care, i am tired of RW... i will wait until the "martian" women visit us, maybe it will be better choice !

Offline Bruno

« Reply #179 on: April 14, 2007, 01:46:24 PM »
I also hope Kvinna was not making that announcement with any pleasure.

I don't think so... same if in these case, i am on the opposite side from Kvinna... i think that some friendship exist between us and no hate... it is what i feel but i can be wrong

It would be a shame for the relationship you have worked so long and hard to create, to crumble because of some misunderstanding from an internet board post.

The internet board was simply the last thing but other thing have happen before... by example the two visa refusal... by example, my move to a new house who have need to use a lot of my holiday and delayed a marriage in Ukraine... my lack of understanding what she really mean ( sometime she say "no" but wish "yes" and i am not always able to see it. For me, "yes" is "yes" and "no" is "no" ).

Yes, in these again misluck relationship, i have learn more... now, i am almost sure that RW are not for me... people say that they are direct but it is only true in case of argument, when it is too late... in normal time, they don't say always what they think... sometime, they say the reverse of what they think...

Maybe, like she have write in his last post ( who is now edited ), it is better for us to choose own way... but she is not a bitch like she have write... Hmmm, just see that she is with "opted-out" status now... right, she don't need to read anymore what i write... so, i choose for no more write detail about what have happen between us... i don't like write on the back of someone who cannot reply.

Offline BC

« Reply #180 on: April 14, 2007, 01:54:28 PM »
i don't care, i am tired of RW... i will wait until the "martian" women visit us, maybe it will be better choice !

Yeah, like jb often says.. this venture is not for everyone.

I think those that do eventually realize the truth in his words are not failures but winners in their own right.

Offline Jooky

« Reply #181 on: April 14, 2007, 02:12:40 PM »
what will be the situation if they marry and she discover all when she is coming with a K3...

That's the kind of thinking that happens when the facts of the story are missing.
In this case, I talked to this guy Eric. I agree his is one bizarre character, but...

- The single lady he was talking to that he went to visit works for the US embassy. She will be coming to the US on a tourist visa.

- Eric is upfront about his financial situation. He is proud of his anti-capitalist views.

- This woman talked to Eric daily. She was well aware and accepting of all the things people here would have liked to warn her about. Her decision was to take things slow and visit Eric on his own turf.

So what did she need to be 'warned' about? Sometimes people here seem to forget that we are adults. If she accepts this guy that is her decision to make. So he is a strange guy. Does that give anyone the right to make a public mockery of him?

So again, this is the problem with 'blacklisting' people without the full facts or proper evidence.

Tall Bill is 'black listed' for what reason? Because he thinks that approaching women on the streets is a good way to meet? Because he met more than one woman for tea and cake? So what? This is called dating. Because he advises men to carry condoms? This is called responsibility.

He is accused of 'encouraging sex tourists'. Specifically in what way? There are much bigger targets that really do encourage 'sex tourists'.

You are right, Bruno, not only are 'sex tourists' black listed, so are 'keyboard Romeos', 'liars', 'losers' and so on. How do you label a 'liar'? Because someone else said so? What if they are lying? How about a 'keyboard Romeo'? Men and women often correspond with many people online, most of which they will never meet. We might meet one person, but end up as a 'keyboard Romeo' to another. And who is to judge a 'loser'?

Some guys get blacklisted for sending naked cock photos, right? Do you really need to warn women about these guys? I mean, by the time a woman makes first contact, she's already gotten the naked pic in the mail. Can't she judge for herself that this is not the type of guy she is looking for?

And believe it or not, there are women that DO write to these type of guys, meet them, and marry them. As I've said before, there are men and women who send provocative, naked, sexual photos as part of their visa application. There are plenty of strange people in this world. Should they all be 'black listed'? Or can't adults be responsible and make their own judgements about the people that they meet?

Frankly, this 'black listing' of people, women and men, on the net is ridiculous. It is the action of bitter an cruel people. It is one thing to express your opinions online. It is another to indite them without proper trial in a form a 'black list'.

Offline TwoBitBandit

« Reply #182 on: April 14, 2007, 02:19:24 PM »
Very well said, Jooky.

Offline Haseki Hurem

• Opted-Out
« Reply #183 on: April 14, 2007, 02:30:28 PM »
to Bruno

quoting myself:
if you cannot come till autumn, you can not come at all.
unquote.

Bitchy? Yes.

Breaking the relationship? emmm... maybe other men here will explain you yes-s and no-s of this message.

Offline Kvinna

• Alt Forum
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #184 on: April 14, 2007, 03:13:12 PM »
Frankly, this 'black listing' of people, women and men, on the net is ridiculous. It is the action of bitter an cruel people. It is one thing to express your opinions online. It is another to indite them without proper trial in a form a 'black list'.

OK if antidate is unuseful for you, don't visit it and live in peace
though somewomen think AD is useful

for those who have nothing against our site, I give you a link that you could decide should the woman warn adult women against that man  or not

http://forum.antidate.org/index.php?showtopic=6516

as for Anono's report on Antidate, I dare not to comment that story, though if other participants would like to say something I don't mind
When they came for the trade unionists, I did not speak out; I was not a trade unionist. When they came for the Jews, I didn’t speak up, because I wasn't a Jew. When they came for me, there was no one left to speak out.

Offline Kuna

« Reply #185 on: April 14, 2007, 03:18:55 PM »
Jooky,

I hear what you're saying and agree with your post but the members of the board reacted only on what they were told by Alfie.

What were Alfie's motivations in his posts?  His naivety is so complete that he was excited and happy that a friend was finally going to FSU to fulfill on an Internet romance. Alfie posted information about his friend and that information raised concern.  I was one of those highly critical of him.

When did I become critical?  When Alfie said "Eric the Hotdog Eater" had told her everything but cut off all contact with Alfie and was preventing the girl from receiving email.  The most damning information Alfie gave was that "Eric the Hotdog Eater" once smashed up his apartment so badly the police had to be called.

Now... I do not believe all men tell women the truth and I don't believe Eric would have told the girl the police once went to his apartment because he was smashing it up.  I believe (based on what Alfie said) that there was a safety issue for that girl.

I don't think for a moment that Alfie was trying to make things bad for Eric. He defended and empathised with him the whole way through.

Eric and other high risk characters should be exposed but they should have the right to respond.

Bill is not a sex tourist... we all know that.  Kvinna would know that too if she was honest with herself.  She should remove his listing from Antidate but she should continue to expose men that put women at risk.  

Yes, I was critical of Eric and I still am. I don't think all women can make informed decisions when some men would be just as well practiced at deception as the scammers are in Russia.

Kuna

Offline Daveman

« Reply #186 on: April 14, 2007, 03:25:35 PM »
i will wait until the "martian" women visit us, maybe it will be better choice !

I was already married to her... antennae and all...  it's not as good as you think :-))))
The duty of a true patriot is to protect his country from its government. -- Thomas Paine

Offline jb

« Reply #187 on: April 14, 2007, 03:26:25 PM »
kvinna,

Dan somehow sees value in you and your site, which I confess, I do not.  Nor do see value in Jim's List.  Much of what I've seen and read is hear-say, he said-she said, with little or no direct evidence.  Yet people are black listed on an internet site viewable by anyone with a computer.   I don't think that's being fair or truthful.  It sounds more like man-hating, vengeful bitchiness.

I suppose I should be careful, there's a picture or two of me around here, maybe I'll end up on your black list too. 

Offline Kvinna

• Alt Forum
« Reply #188 on: April 14, 2007, 03:35:39 PM »
kvinna,
I suppose I should be careful, there's a picture or two of me around here, maybe I'll end up on your black list too. 

Yeah, maybe

but we have some questio

here is 2 parts from Bill's opus

The Next day I met M a very cute gal I had been writing and my absolutely primary reason for the trip. (basically I was going wovo but I had a couple of back up plans) She has a masters degree, knows four Languages fluently.
She was a little shy at first and to be honest about half of the women I meet are a little surprised at my height when I first meet them even when I was a teenager. Things flow along nicely M is cute and funny and off we go.
I can usually walk at a pace that leaves most mortals several kilometers behind me in minutes but not with M. She is only 5' 5" but at one time she smiled to me and said "Keep up or you may get lost." We went shopping but dont worry she paid for her stuff, I paid for mine.

I met a woman I called M I was visiting only her.
Did she tell you I loaned her money to buy gifts for her family for New Years? and she did not repay me???
I have her Name her address, her phone number and her photos without her eyes missing. I could put her on a scam list right now for not paying the money back. I can talk to the main agency that she is at.
During the shopping trips she ran out of money. She asked me to loan her some money. I did. She was going to pay me back the next day. She did not pay me back.

so  what part is true
and now if Nadezha that started Bill's thread, is M, I think she has right to post him on antidate after all
When they came for the trade unionists, I did not speak out; I was not a trade unionist. When they came for the Jews, I didn’t speak up, because I wasn't a Jew. When they came for me, there was no one left to speak out.

Offline Jooky

« Reply #189 on: April 14, 2007, 03:48:19 PM »
I absolutely agree with JB.

Kuna, the situation with Alfie and his friend Eric is the perfect example of what I'm trying to illustrate.

Alfie is a crazy anonymous character that appears on these boards. From his posts didn't you gather that he lives with quite a few fantastic notions swimming in his head and that his vision of reality is a bit off?

So he tells a story and posts some photos of his friend. We don't know this guy. Maybe Alfie made up these stories, or exagerrated them. Maybe Alfie is jealous. Maybe Alfie is chasing the same woman. Or maybe not.

Alfie says his friend blocked him from emailing this girl. Hell, my friends don't write to the girls I pursue. Do yours? So what's the true story?

The point is: Sure when a person comes here with these types of stories it makes sense to jump all over them. I understand your reaction. But to 'blacklist' this person based on hearsay is entirely different. Often angry and jaded men and women will accuse people falsely for many reasons. To post them on a blacklist without evidence is wrong. The innocent get marked along with the guilty, as in the case of Tall Bill.

Kvinna, do you at least understand the point I am making?

Offline TexasBoar

« Reply #190 on: April 14, 2007, 03:51:36 PM »
You know, Kvinna, here in Texas we have a saying . . . "the rule of holes is, if you find yourself in one, STOP DIGGING."

"M" has a right to put Bill on A-D as a "sex tourist" because she owes him money??? Or because he didn't pay for HER groceries for the week?

Sheeeeesh.  

~Boar

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #191 on: April 14, 2007, 03:54:38 PM »
kvinna,

Dan somehow sees value in you and your site, which I confess, I do not.  Nor do see value in Jim's List.  Much of what I've seen and read is hear-say, he said-she said, with little or no direct evidence.  Yet people are black listed on an internet site viewable by anyone with a computer.   I don't think that's being fair or truthful.  It sounds more like man-hating, vengeful bitchiness.

John,

I completely agree with you that blacklist sites are dubious, at the very best. When we started CMA, one of the questions I was often asked is whether I would publish a blacklist - and my response was, and remains, that I never want to be in the business of publishing a blacklist. The judgments, absent any REAL evidence, are just outside of my personal value system - and I fail to see how any internet site can establish a credible process which involves impugning people.

As I said - I believe Kvinna started Antidate in part, at least, to respond to the blacklisting of women which they felt was unfair.

Anyway, I *do* find value in Kvinna. I believe her heart is in the right place. I continue to hope she recognizes that Bill does not deserve this treatment. The mere fact that he has made some trivial inconsistency in his posts, is NOT a sound basis for labelling someone a "sex tourist." It is just wrong.

- Dan

Offline Kvinna

• Alt Forum
« Reply #192 on: April 14, 2007, 03:55:39 PM »
"M" has a right to put Bill on A-D as a "sex tourist" because she owes him money??? Or because he didn't pay for HER groceries for the week?
Sheeeeesh.  
~Boar

seems you decode to digg that hole for Bill
because he slandered her in public

Offline Gator

« Reply #193 on: April 14, 2007, 03:57:34 PM »
Jooky,

You are critical of Kvinna's approach, yet I find it much fairer than the sites listing bad RW.  Do you believe her overall undertaking is needed by RW?  If so, what would you do differently?

I encourage her to continue her work.  It could be improved by adding more rigor to to their judgments.  For sure, some more balance would help, a devil's advocate if you will.  I wonder if AD has many RW posters who are happy with their western man?  

You should read the Stefan Eberharter story she cited (not the skiier).  I used software translator so I am missing a lot.  Nevertheless, the firat post was all I could stomach.  The man is a disgusting pig, and that is his good side.  Being impotent, he can not be termed a sex tourist.  

Yes, AD should warn other women of such low-lifes.  Does this make him crawl back under the rock to hide?  He could find another trusting woman.

I always advise that a man should know his woman, spend plenty of time with her.  aqwa1 spent very few days with her Stefan before deciding to marry him.  Because of that failure, she is also culpable.

While AD  may identify bad men, I imagine AD's list is only the tip of the iceberg.  I hope AD has a campaign to educate women not about individual men, but about clues and red flags to spot such men.

Offline Daveman

« Reply #194 on: April 14, 2007, 03:58:23 PM »

Please explain the correlation between "slander" and "sex tourist".  Unless there is a very strange fetish I don't know about (and believe me I'm weird),  this is still a ludicrous argument for the 'blacklist'...

Dave

edit: if the allegation is true, he slandered some pseudonym "M".. no one would have had a clue who she is if SHE hadn't outed herself. Put her on the blacklist for betraying her own confidentiality.  :-)))
« Last Edit: April 14, 2007, 04:02:34 PM by Daveman »

Offline Kvinna

• Alt Forum
« Reply #195 on: April 14, 2007, 04:01:16 PM »
mere fact that he has made some trivial inconsistency in his posts, is NOT a sound basis for labelling someone a "sex tourist." It is just wrong.
- Dan
look, Dan
none on antidate labeled him a "sex-tourist", he was called old playboy who has not serious intention, but only look for fun to report it on open board with photos
after all, Bill start screaming he was labelled sex-tourist, so if he wished it to be like that, why should we have something agains that?

Offline TexasBoar

« Reply #196 on: April 14, 2007, 04:15:19 PM »

.. .  he slandered some pseudonym "M".. no one would have had a clue who she is if SHE hadn't outed herself. Put her on the blacklist for betraying her own confidentiality.  :-)))

Ma'am, I believe you are far too emotionally invested in this to see what a complete and total idiot you are being here . . . so I will keep in mind another Texas saying, about pigs and opera, and withdraw from the conversation.

~Boar

Offline Kvinna

• Alt Forum
« Reply #197 on: April 14, 2007, 04:34:39 PM »
Ma'am, I believe you are far too emotionally invested in this to see what a complete and total idiot you are being here . . . so I will keep in mind another Texas saying, about pigs and opera, and withdraw from the conversation.

~Boar

uhu, when someone lacks of logic he jumps into snub

for others I want to remind about private photos that was published by Bill. Also want to mention that girls on those photos aren't scammer and never have been suspected in it

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #198 on: April 14, 2007, 04:57:06 PM »
look, Dan
none on antidate labeled him a "sex-tourist", he was called old playboy who has not serious intention, but only look for fun to report it on open board with photos
after all, Bill start screaming he was labelled sex-tourist, so if he wished it to be like that, why should we have something agains that?

read this first post on your forum
Дорогие девушки России и Украины! Я хочу предупредить т.к. сама в ШОКЕ!!!!
Bill Wehrli from USA из Калифорнии, 45 лет, есть сын 16 лет. Сначала кажется очень интеллигентным, воспитанным и серьезным. А на деле это 45-летний стареющий плай-бой, который разъезжает по России и Украине периодически ПРОСТО ДЛЯ РАЗВЛЕЧЕНИЯ и дешевого секса! Пишет всем одни и те же письма! Длинющие рассказы про детство, про его неудачный брак, про сумашедшую бывшую жену, про разные теории как сделать женщину счастливой! Говорит что он очень честный и серьезный. НО! осторожней! Он переписывается, созванивается, пишет смс, и встречается с немыслимым количеством девушек! Готов броситься даже на первую попавшуюся официантку! Очень опытный! Он знает что нравится женщинам! Вот ссылка на форум

This is a poor translation

Dear girls of Russia and Ukraine! I wish to warn since itself in the SHOCK!!!!
Bill Wehrli from USA from California, 45 years, are the son of 16 years. First it seems very intelligent, brought up and serious. And in practice it is 45-years growing old плай-fight which drives about across Russia and to Ukraine it is periodically simple FOR ENTERTAINMENT and cheap sex! Writes to all the same letters! Длинющие stories about the childhood, about its unsuccessful marriage, about сумашедшую the former wife, about different theories how to make the woman happy!

Ok I go to Ukraine for entertainment and cheap sex!!!!

but I was not labled as a sex tourist.

I give up what is a sex tourist??? Maybe someone can explain it to me

Bill
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline Kvinna

• Alt Forum
« Reply #199 on: April 14, 2007, 05:10:10 PM »
read this first post on your forum
Дорогие девушки России и Украины! Я хочу предупредить т.к. сама в ШОКЕ!!!!
Bill Wehrli from USA из Калифорнии, 45 лет, есть сын 16 лет. Сначала кажется очень интеллигентным, воспитанным и серьезным. А на деле это 45-летний стареющий плай-бой, который разъезжает по России и Украине периодически ПРОСТО ДЛЯ РАЗВЛЕЧЕНИЯ и дешевого секса! Пишет всем одни и те же письма! Длинющие рассказы про детство, про его неудачный брак, про сумашедшую бывшую жену, про разные теории как сделать женщину счастливой! Говорит что он очень честный и серьезный. НО! осторожней! Он переписывается, созванивается, пишет смс, и встречается с немыслимым количеством девушек! Готов броситься даже на первую попавшуюся официантку! Очень опытный! Он знает что нравится женщинам! Вот ссылка на форум

This is a poor translation

Dear girls of Russia and Ukraine! I wish to warn since itself in the SHOCK!!!!
Bill Wehrli from USA from California, 45 years, are the son of 16 years. First it seems very intelligent, brought up and serious. And in practice it is 45-years growing old плай-fight which drives about across Russia and to Ukraine it is periodically simple FOR ENTERTAINMENT and cheap sex! Writes to all the same letters! Длинющие stories about the childhood, about its unsuccessful marriage, about сумашедшую the former wife, about different theories how to make the woman happy!

You made traslation only first part of this text

second part is
He writes, sms, phones and dates with a lot of women (btw, some women on antidate admitt he wrote to them). He is ready to hook up even waitress in cafe. Very sophisticated. He knows very well that women like him

Agree, Bill, it can be written only by woman that knows you very well

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541002
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1878
Total: 1889

+-Recent Posts

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM