It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Looking For a Russian/Ukrainiun Woman For Marriage  (Read 24269 times)

Offline Gator

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Looking For a Russian/Ukrainiun Woman For Marriage
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2016, 09:54:54 AM »
NELLI, WELCOME TO RWD!   You have much information to share about Russia, its people and its women.  Such is important to expand the knowledge of RWD members in search of a Russian wife.  We hope you will find your time at RWD interesting and helpful.

In the exchange with ML, I see that you are responding with the same logic he used.  LOL  I thought he was trying to add some sarcastic humor, which is his normal style.  However, he explains he is not trying to be funny. 

ML identifies an inconsistency intertwined in a dichotomy.  You response to him says the inconsistency works both ways, which is true. 

These inconsistencies have been explained a million times.  Simply stated, a nation's people need to be considered separately from the nation's government and economy.

Being married to a fine Russian woman from Siberia, and having socialized with hundreds of Russian people over 15 years, I adamantly state that Russian people are good.  Ukrainian people are good too.   Their governments are not so good.  I always wonder where Russia would be today if 240 years ago it too had a democratic government and a free economy.   

You are a pretty woman, and I am sure many American men will be interested in you.  I wish you the best in finding the one man with whom to build a loving relationship. 

Offline msmobyone

• patriotism is the last vestige of fools, but hey
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2016, 08:10:51 AM »
I was not trying to be funny (in this case) and not trying to scare away anyone.

NOT - how it came across

But I would appreciate honest answers from Russian people as to why they want to come to such a terrible place and leave such a wonderful place governed by a man that they adore.

ML.. It really wasn't an appropriate question for a new  - lady - member.  Many Russians just don't want to discuss politics and do not want to fall out with Ukraine or America.

I am pretty sick and tired of hearing from Russian people about how great their country is and how great Putin is . . . and in the next breath they express desire to leave there and go to a place that they, their media, and their leaders bad mouth 24/7.

So, any Russian will do - to take out your frustration  ?

And any such answers to my question . . . please incorporate Putin's 70-80-90 percent approval ratings into your comments.

Look, I'm here in Russia and I'm hardly Putin's greatest fan - but I do not go about confronting Russians who are interested to get to know me  -socially - for the foreign policy decisions that most simply don't know about - or are adamant is just 'western propaganda'.

I just got 'bollocked'  for daring to be the 10th guy responding on the 'ask a Russian lady' thread .... [ :D ] ...Can't you let the good lady get settled in - before you suggest she ordered the GRU troops into E.Ukraine ? 8)
Please excuse the Curmudgeon in my posts ..he will be cured by being reunited with his loved one ;)

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2016, 08:22:02 AM »
I wouldn't go out of my way to hassle a Russian in a casual meeting.

But, if the person indicated a desire to move to America, then I would ask them the same question.

i.e. Why would you want to come to the place which is the cause of all problems for Russia and Russians.

And, don't give me that crap that they don't all support Putin.  His approval ratings are the highest ever recorded by a leader in modern history.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline ML

« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2016, 08:32:33 AM »
Simply stated, a nation's people need to be considered separately from the nation's government and economy.

Even in the normal situation, this is not entirely appropriate.  The people elect their leaders, so they are responsible for the leaders actions.

However, in the Russian situation, it is a totally inappropriate way of trying to explain away the terrible behavior of the Russian people themselves.

They overwhelmingly support their leader, his policies and his actions toward Ukraine.

So the Russian people CANNOT be considered separately from their government.

The Russian people themselves are totally responsible for the invasion of various parts of Ukraine and the death of thousands of innocent and loyal Ukrainians, as well as hundreds or thousands of Russians.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline mhr7

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2016, 08:44:25 AM »
Even in the normal situation, this is not entirely appropriate.  The people elect their leaders, so they are responsible for the leaders actions.

However, in the Russian situation, it is a totally inappropriate way of trying to explain away the terrible behavior of the Russian people themselves.

They overwhelmingly support their leader, his policies and his actions toward Ukraine.

So the Russian people CANNOT be considered separately from their government.

The Russian people themselves are totally responsible for the invasion of various parts of Ukraine and the death of thousands of innocent and loyal Ukrainians, as well as hundreds or thousands of Russians.

Most Russians I know are apolitcal and are also some of the friendliest people I've ever met. They know the system is rigged and there is little they can do about political leaders.

Are you responsible for the invasion of Iraq and Afghanistan? Are you completely connected to everything Obama does?

Blaming the Russians for everything Putin does is absolutely asinine.
"After your death, you will be what you were before your birth." - Schopenhauer

Offline ML

« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2016, 09:17:31 AM »
Most Russians I know are apolitcal and are also some of the friendliest people I've ever met. They know the system is rigged and there is little they can do about political leaders.

Are you responsible for the invasion of Iraq and Afghanistan? Are you completely connected to everything Obama does?

Blaming the Russians for everything Putin does is absolutely asinine.

Yes, I am part and parcel of everything the US Government does, no matter who is in charge at any particular time or whether I voted for them.

Likewise Russians are completely responsible for everything that Putin does or orders.

Russians are completely responsible for the devastation being wreaked upon Ukraine and the thousands of deaths that have/are occurring there.

Offline jone

« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2016, 09:20:35 AM »
mhr,

I agree with your assessment of the Russians as being great people to get to know.  But I happened to be in Russia last year during the Victory Day celebration on May 8th.  The number of St. George Ribbons was, to put it mildly, overwhelming. 

The Russians seem married to Putin right now.  While in Russian homes I was asked if I was 'Patriotic' as if to explain that those asking me were equating patriotism with Putinism.  While the Russians think the system is rigged, they are also proud of the ongoing influence of the Russian state in matters of world politics.   The polls that are quoted in the media are not wrong.  Last year over 80% of the people supported V.V. Putin in his policies and leadership. 

Coming from a Western Democracy where there always seems to be a choice of leadership, we, here in the West, will never understand what it means to have only one choice. 
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline mhr7

« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2016, 09:40:47 AM »
mhr,

I agree with your assessment of the Russians as being great people to get to know.  But I happened to be in Russia last year during the Victory Day celebration on May 8th.  The number of St. George Ribbons was, to put it mildly, overwhelming. 

The Russians seem married to Putin right now.  While in Russian homes I was asked if I was 'Patriotic' as if to explain that those asking me were equating patriotism with Putinism.  While the Russians think the system is rigged, they are also proud of the ongoing influence of the Russian state in matters of world politics.   The polls that are quoted in the media are not wrong.  Last year over 80% of the people supported V.V. Putin in his policies and leadership. 

Coming from a Western Democracy where there always seems to be a choice of leadership, we, here in the West, will never understand what it means to have only one choice.

Yes, Putin is popular but only 48% approve of government activities in general and only 51% think that Russia is headed in the right direction. It seems to suggest that confidence in current leadership is not overwhelming.

http://www.levada.ru/eng/indexes-0
"After your death, you will be what you were before your birth." - Schopenhauer

Offline jone

« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2016, 09:48:59 AM »
Maybe a better poll to look at is how the Russian people approve of their government's actions in Ukraine, or, for that matter, the percentage of people in Russia who now think that the Ukrainians are substandard people.

I, personally, have viewed the latter.  It is an ugly thing to behold.  It reminds me of going to the South for the first time as a young boy and observing the interaction between the white population and how the Blacks were treated. 
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline msmobyone

« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2016, 06:09:09 AM »
I wouldn't go out of my way to hassle a Russian in a casual meeting.

But you won't accept a new Russian Lady can't want to live in America - and felt the need to challenge her - aggressively.

But, if the person indicated a desire to move to America, then I would ask them the same question.

Then I -respectfully -  suggest your technique may result in the continuing lack of female members from Russia

i.e. Why would you want to come to the place which is the cause of all problems for Russia and Russians.

And, don't give me that crap that they don't all support Putin.  His approval ratings are the highest ever recorded by a leader in modern history.

It isn't 'crap' .. Many Russians / Ukrainians simply don't want to discuss politics ...
Please excuse the Curmudgeon in my posts ..he will be cured by being reunited with his loved one ;)

Offline Sous02

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2016, 06:23:24 AM »
ML is so tiresome! single handedly he lowers the level of interest in this board. A few more of his moronic tirades and I too will be among the departed. If he wants to bring everything down to his level of discourse he should stick to threads that He starts. Leave others alone to get an open and honest exchange going on something other than hate Russia.

Offline ML

« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2016, 09:02:12 AM »
ML is so tiresome! single handedly he lowers the level of interest in this board. A few more of his moronic tirades and I too will be among the departed. If he wants to bring everything down to his level of discourse he should stick to threads that He starts. Leave others alone to get an open and honest exchange going on something other than hate Russia.

And how tiresome would you become if family and friends of your loved ones were being killed by Russians?

Let's hear your honest answer.

Offline cc3

« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2016, 09:57:27 AM »
Hey Sous02, you are a relatively newbie on this forum, so I will enlighten you regarding ML. He is one of the most positive, engaging, optimistic, informative and respected members among those of us who have been here for more than one year, and who have extensive experience with Ukraine, and thus, deep familiarity with the absurd and intense injustice being done to that nation by the imperialistic, fascistic dictatorship on its eastern border. If your russophile self feels insulted, maybe you should make good on the promise to "be among the departed". 
:blowkiss:

Offline Sous02

« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2016, 10:06:44 AM »
Well the choice has been made. You have the forum and his negativity to yourselves. It has been interesting. And if a newbie is a year then so be it.

Offline cc3

« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2016, 10:28:28 AM »
Well the choice has been made. You have the forum and his negativity to yourselves. It has been interesting. And if a newbie is a year then so be it.

Adios, muchacho.

Online Faux Pas

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2016, 10:36:14 AM »
Hey Sous02, you are a relatively newbie on this forum, so I will enlighten you regarding ML. He is one of the most positive, engaging, optimistic, informative and respected members among those of us who have been here for more than one year, and who have extensive experience with Ukraine, and thus, deep familiarity with the absurd and intense injustice being done to that nation by the imperialistic, fascistic dictatorship on its eastern border. If your russophile self feels insulted, maybe you should make good on the promise to "be among the departed". 
:blowkiss:

If that were true, it doesn't give him carte blanch to attack and get hostile toward newbies because they happen to be Russian. ML's inferiority  issues should be projected elsewhere.

And how tiresome would you become if family and friends of your loved ones were being killed by Russians?

About as tiresome as it is hearing you start this crap every time you think you've pegged an anti-Ukrainian Russian. They don't even need to be anti-Ukrainian anymore for you. Just plain Russian is enough. Not a single person or Russian on this board had invaded Ukraine or killed a single Ukrainian. Get the FCK off your false bravado over Russia and Russians. They too are part of the genre of this forum. If you can't deal with that maybe you should join Sous?

Offline jone

« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2016, 10:49:06 AM »
Actually, Sous,

You see the dichotomy that many of the members, like me, have experienced.  I love the Russian people.  I have invested in Russia and maintained business there until two years ago.  I am carefully watching the mood (why do Eastern Europeans love this word, Mood, so much?) of the Russian people so I will be able to jump back in without danger to my investments.   

There is an artificially created animosity towards not only the Ukrainians, but also Americans and anyone from the Western World.    I spent the better part of last fall in Russia, first in St. Petersburg and then in Chelyabinsk.  I can tell you, from personal experience, that the mood of the country is not the mood before the Olympics.  The general mood is belligerent towards anyone who is not Russian.

If you experience pushback from this forum against Russia, and the Russian people, I understand it.  But, it saddens me.  I, like many others, figured that in 1991, when Russia changed its government, that the ultimate result would be a Western leaning multiparty government.  Ten years ago, joining NATO (associate membership?) was being explored by both NATO and Russia.

For those of us who have invested our hearts and (sometimes) our fortunes in Russia, in many ways we feel cheated that we do not have closer relations ... that we are now the bad guys over there.

But for those who have married or have significant relationships with Ukrainians, they see an aggressor nation in Russia.  Many of the Russians have bought into the constant smear of Ukraine and Ukrainians that is now the Russian media.  Keep that in mind when encountering men and women that these people are hurting from the inflicted wounds from Russia.  (Did you know that CC3 and his wife used to live in Luhansk?  And that they were forced to move their home due to the hatred and the fighting?)

For the most part, we are simply observers in the ongoing war between Russia and Ukraine.  But, while emotions run high, the best thing to do is to keep talking. 

Offline JayH

« Reply #42 on: April 07, 2016, 10:39:20 PM »
Actually, Sous,

For the most part, we are simply observers in the ongoing war between Russia and Ukraine.  But, while emotions run high, the best thing to do is to keep talking.

Not everyone is "simply" an observer here Jon. You pointed out one example-- there are many others here with direct connection-

That sums up my next point.
I have personally seen close up the tragedy of eastern Ukraine and the devastation caused.I have attended a number of very emotional funerals ,I have seen young men( and older) who will not have the use of a leg-or arm again .I saw a not very old mother of an 19 yo turn grey in a month with the anguish of seeing a son off to the eastern frontline.

The human tragedy imposed on Ukraine by Russia--and RUSSIANS is not a topic to be glibly passed over a happening "somewhere else" and not relevant to the forum--despite the best attempts of some here to silence the voices here.

To people like Sous-- and others who know little of Ukraine(even though some do have a connection to Ukraine)-or are over the border with little comprehension of what is happening in Ukraine-there very least you can do is show some respect and empathy for those with what may seem  emotional comments.

To point out what should be obvious--look back at the total crap pro-Russian posters have posted on this forum about the Russian nazi's invasion of Ukraine--not a isolated case--but repeatedly posted nonsense that was always Russian propaganda that had little relationship to the truth.

There is an overriding fundamental point-Ukraine is trying very hard to be part of the civilised world and live by the rules of human decency-- that is diametrically opposed to Putin's Russia  where basic human rights are of no consequence and Russia pursues a craziness  of Nazi proportions .

What place do ordinary Russians in all this--when they start standing up to the regime-and not going along with it--then they may be ready to rejoin the world.
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline JayH

« Reply #43 on: April 07, 2016, 10:43:32 PM »

Run back where the ridiculous Russian propagandists peddle the absolute nonsense and have a look at how any positive comment on Ukraine is treated.

Maybe you will feel more at home with the PAID promoters of Kremlin propaganda
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline msmobyone

« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2016, 06:21:19 AM »

ML, Russia has people who read newspapers - other than those owed / by run on behalf of Kremlin cronies... They don't enjoy the circulation numbers - but they DO challenge - and doubt ...

Did you EVER stop to think that disagreeing with the Kremlin line on Ukraine isn't 'wise' ... ?

The way things work -any political opposition can't get off the ground.. As a westerner saying such things ... I could be accused of being 'brain-washed' ..or some sort of 'agitator' - so I simply do not discuss politics.

Once again, I believe the Kremlin have been disingenuous about their role in destabilising Ukraine and the level of their 'interference' - but that in no way excuses singling out a new lady member for such questioning..

Ah well, the OP has gone quiet .... I hope you are satisfied...

Offline cc3

« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2016, 08:32:22 AM »
ML, Russia has people who read newspapers - other than those owed / by run on behalf of Kremlin cronies... They don't enjoy the circulation numbers - but they DO challenge - and doubt ...

Did you EVER stop to think that disagreeing with the Kremlin line on Ukraine isn't 'wise' ... ?

The way things work -any political opposition can't get off the ground.. As a westerner saying such things ... I could be accused of being 'brain-washed' ..or some sort of 'agitator' - so I simply do not discuss politics.

Once again, I believe the Kremlin have been disingenuous about their role in destabilising Ukraine and the level of their 'interference' - but that in no way excuses singling out a new lady member for such questioning..

I'm so glad that I live in a free country...Ukraine.

Offline dragonkid

• Banned Member
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #46 on: April 08, 2016, 09:57:56 AM »
How did this derail into politics?  :popcorn:
Not all of us Brits have terrible teeth, right Msmoby?

Offline cc3

« Reply #47 on: April 08, 2016, 10:03:46 AM »
How did this derail into politics?  :popcorn:

Thread title: "...Russian/Ukrainiun [sic] Woman..." relates to two countries presently engaged against each other in bitter warfare, in case you haven't noticed.

Offline JayH

« Reply #48 on: April 08, 2016, 10:23:37 AM »

Moby-- I note how you are branded as being pro-Ukraine in another place by a first class bunch of idiots-- and your attempts to be realistic are mocked there. That is to your credit for certain by me- BUT- attempts at even handedness here read to me as not getting the degree of hardship placed on Ukrainians. I said above-to some of us this is not a humanitarian crisis  created by Russia "somewhere else" it is a living breathing thing that people feel everyday.

As I said--if ML wants to sound off -good luck to him-I totally understand his distaste and emotions.. Some of us are severely restricted here on what we can say-were you aware of that? Banned at another place-all for the desire to see as many as possible informed about the disgusting invasion of Ukraine (BY RUSSIA & RUSSIANS )and the situation in Ukraine-- so please-- stick you pious comments to ML   .. ....  ....!!

btw   I have repeatedly asserted ordinary Russians are victims of Putins Kremlin-even if they do not know it-- but-only they can do something about it.So anything that can shake ANY Russian into seeing a reality is ok by me.

Offline ML

« Reply #49 on: April 08, 2016, 12:08:57 PM »
This might fit somewhere else better, but . . .

"Putin says Panama Papers part of U.S. plot to weaken Russia."

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541012
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1913
Total: 1924

+-Recent Posts

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Today at 04:48:07 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 04:37:18 PM

If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 04:17:08 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 01:09:03 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:51:13 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM