It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: So which one of you ran off all the women here?  (Read 18080 times)

Offline GregfromGa

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
So which one of you ran off all the women here?
« on: March 22, 2016, 02:16:17 PM »
I remember back in the old days there would be women that would stop by from time to time.

Offline Shadow

• Spouse's Country: Russia
Re: So which one of you ran off all the women here?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2016, 02:38:36 PM »
I remember back in the old days there would be women that would stop by from time to time.
In those days some men would actually listen to what they had to say.
No it is not a dog. Its really how I look.  ;)

Offline Anotherkiwi

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2016, 06:21:01 PM »
vwrw posted a couple of days ago.  :)  Abashka posted within the last few days as well (in the "Moscow Taxi" thread), and Ludmila posted something a week or two ago.  Apart from them, even Lily has gone silent.  :'(  Boethius stopped posting months ago, although she still logs in.  pitbull got pissed off and disappeared after some nonsense in Miquel's gun control thread.  mies hasn't been around for a while, either.

The biggest loss of the FSU residents, though (by far), is Ghost of Moon Goddess.

When you list them like this, however, you realise just how few there really are (or were).

Offline BillyB

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2016, 06:44:00 PM »

There are a lot of pussies on this forum.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline mendeleyev

• RWD Advisor
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2016, 01:36:21 AM »
The conflict (that supposedly doesn't exist) in Ukraine drew sharp lines, as it should have quite frankly.

Russians like to ask questions, but often are offended by the answers if you dare to be candid. If you'd like to experience it in person, sit down with one for tea or meet on the street.

Such a conversation may sound like this:

Rus: So, what do you think about the shooting down of MH-17?

West: Ah, it was horrible. Terrible tragedy.

Rus: Why does the Western media try to blame Russia?

West: Why does the Russian media try to blame Ukraine?

Rus: Oh, so you have been brainwashed by your own media, I see. We know it was Ukraine--they shot it down in order to blame Russia.

West: Ah, so you know this. I'm curious: then why did embedded reporters with your own LIfeNews TV Network claim it was the work of pro-Russian rebels (coal miners who wouldn't know the first thing about operating a BUK system), but then disavowed responsibility after discovering that instead of a military transport, it was a passenger airliner?

Rus: That is just Western propaganda.

West: No, it was your own television reporters on LifeNews, not to mention that even your own photo blogger community was up in arms about doctored "evidence" by the Kremlin.

Rus: You hate Russia and never have anything good to say about my country.

Or, you can have this conversation:

Rus: How are the race riots in America today?

West: Enlighten me please.

Rus: I see them every day on the First Channel. Cops are beating college students and blacks in Ohio, Nebraska, and Maine.

West: Oh, you mean those black and white reruns from the 1960s that are aired nightly on Russian TV.

Rus: They're not reruns. It is happening now. There was a riot against the cops in Washington this morning.

West: Not reruns? Then why do they look like b&w film that has been colourized by amateurs? And, why is everyone dressed in clothing styles from the 60s? Those cop hats are pretty retro, right?

Rus: Our television technicians are not amateurs. The film looks bad because it goes thru x-ray machines at the airport.

West: Have your crack TV technicians heard of Satellite digital feeds yet?

Or, we might have (and I have) this conversation:

Rus: Why do Americans say that our army is in Ukraine?

West: Hmm....maybe because it is?

Rus: Those are lies. Besides, we have television reports of English speaking soldiers fighting for Ukraine. They are Americans who speak perfect English.

West: Yeah, I've seen those too. The only issue I have is that they have terrible English accents. Frankly, their English sounds horrible to someone who is a native speaker. Their sentence structure, pronunciation, and bad grammar sounds just like a Russian who has studied English for a few months. Wonder why that might be?

Rus: Those are really American soldiers in Ukrainian uniforms while pretending to be Russians who speak bad English. You are just trying to make Russia look bad. Everyone in the West hates Russia.

Or, you might have this conversation:

Rus: America wants to defeat Russia and take over our natural resources.

West: The cost, both financially and in human lives, is more than your oil and metals are worth. We could take a loan from China, buy Saudi Arabia for less money and with less hassle, and then pay back the Chinese with cheap oil.

Rus: You want to force Russia to return Crimea to Ukraine, sell our premium Russian oil to you for cheap dollars, and enslave our freedom loving people to work as cooks and dishwashers in your hamburger restaurants.

West: Nah, you guys don't know how to wash dishes. I often wonder why dish soap is even sold in markets when it seems that you think a dash of hot water will do. How's that good ole Ruble doing these days?

Rus: You want to surround Russia with NATO bases.

West: Ahem, I guess Putin didn't think about that when he leased an airbase in Ulyanovsk to NATO in 2012?

Rus: That is a lie. It never happened. More Western propaganda.

West: Then your own media is lying too. And your Duma, which at first opposed the deal.

Rus: Okay, I vaguely remember reading about it, but it was only temporary.

West: Correct, NATO found it to be too expensive because Russia insisted that only approved Russian contractors (Oligarchs) could service the planes. Both sides agreed to cancel the contract after Russian media began to write about the deal.

Rus: That doesn't change the fact that NATO wants to kill all Russians, and take our potatoes.

West: Potatoes? I thought it was the oil...
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 01:42:09 AM by mendeleyev »
The Mendeleyev Journal. http://mendeleyevjournal.com Member: Congress of Russian Journalists; ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.RU (Journalist-Russia); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.UA (Journalist-Ukraine); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.KZ (Journalist-Kazakhstan); ПОРТАЛ ЖУРНАЛИСТОВ (Portal of RU-UA Journalists); Просто Журналисты ("Just Journalists").

Offline Gator

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2016, 10:08:03 AM »
vwrw posted a couple of days ago.  :)  Abashka posted within the last few days as well (in the "Moscow Taxi" thread), and Ludmila posted something a week or two ago.  Apart from them, even Lily has gone silent.  :'(  Boethius stopped posting months ago, although she still logs in.  pitbull got pissed off and disappeared after some nonsense in Miquel's gun control thread.  mies hasn't been around for a while, either.

The biggest loss of the FSU residents, though (by far), is Ghost of Moon Goddess.

When you list them like this, however, you realise just how few there really are (or were).

Don't forget Aloe, BluesFairy, DonnaPedro, Oooooops, Ranetka, and MissAmeno.   They always had something insightful and interesting to say.  Some were witty.   

There were many over the 14 years of my experience with RW forums.  After referring to a member list, I name more in no particular order: JazzyClassy (wrote with an open heart), Vasilisa (looking for love), AnastassiaAsh,  Avis, Brave Girl (tried to help me find love), Olga, Rina (who met her husband at RWD), Legal's wife (is she Olga?), Fashionista (witty), Doll (aka PITA), Ludmila, pokerintherear (maybe not a RW but should be with that name), RussianWind,  Serebro (expressed a few misgivings), Sia (she opened her heart and told all), WildOrchid, Zhena, Zmejka (so polite or was it Zhena), and the strong pro-Putin woman Manny....There were others and my memory is failing me.

The RW were superb resources, especially for open-minded newbies attempting to understand RW.   Our RW members were especially adroit at telling idiots they were idiots in a manner that the idiots understood.   

I miss the RW posters, yet I receive am ample serving at home now.

Kiwi - sent you a PM.

Offline JayH

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2016, 12:46:28 PM »
The conflict (that supposedly doesn't exist) in Ukraine drew sharp lines, as it should have quite frankly.

Russians like to ask questions, but often are offended by the answers if you dare to be candid. If you'd like to experience it in person, sit down with one for tea or meet on the street.

Such a conversation may sound like this:

Mende--I did not realise we have so many acquaintances known to both of us !
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline JayH

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2016, 12:51:06 PM »
Don't forget Aloe, BluesFairy, DonnaPedro, Oooooops, Ranetka, and MissAmeno.   They always had something insightful and interesting to say.  Some were witty.   

There were many over the 14 years of my experience with RW forums.  After referring to a member .

In some cases life has moved on for them.In some cases mentioned in your post  I/we have heard from them after some long absences.That also applies to some guys also.
Certainly in some cases over the last 2 years-the drama in Ukraine has been all to real and close to them for some to bother with a lot of forums nonsense.
Life changes and time is short- it is easy to understand.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 12:54:48 PM by JayH »
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline Shadow

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2016, 02:19:23 PM »

In some cases life has moved on for them.In some cases mentioned in your post  I/we have heard from them after some long absences.That also applies to some guys also.
Certainly in some cases over the last 2 years-the drama in Ukraine has been all to real and close to them for some to bother with a lot of forums nonsense.
Life changes and time is short- it is easy to understand.
Most will like MrsShadow be simply tired of politics and discussions where nobody will ever leave their presuppositions.
The RW are simply uninterested what happens, apart from living costs rising they hardly notice.
Probably those who read all links here get more news as those living in Russia....

Offline alex330

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2016, 02:28:49 PM »
The RW are simply uninterested what happens, apart from living costs rising they hardly notice.
Probably those who read all links here get more news as those living in Russia....

Yes, even here in the US most are uninterested or prefer not to know what is occurring.

Offline Anotherkiwi

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2016, 04:57:05 PM »

I hadn't forgotten any of them, although it's a very long time since BluesFairy visited.  Based on what she wrote after her trip to the USA, I think that Aloe's life in Belgium had improved markedly, meaning that she didn't need us as a sounding board any more.

There were many over the 14 years of my experience with RW forums.  After referring to a member list, I name more in no particular order: JazzyClassy (wrote with an open heart), Vasilisa (looking for love), AnastassiaAsh,  Avis, Brave Girl (tried to help me find love), Olga, Rina (who met her husband at RWD), Legal's wife (is she Olga?), Fashionista (witty), Doll (aka PITA), Ludmila, pokerintherear (maybe not a RW but should be with that name), RussianWind,  Serebro (expressed a few misgivings), Sia (she opened her heart and told all), WildOrchid, Zhena, Zmejka (so polite or was it Zhena), and the strong pro-Putin woman Manny....There were others and my memory is failing me.

There were also Olga-H, Olly (now living safely in Queensland, Australia) and of course Mila who, as a commercial member, posts very seldom on anything other than helping people.  :)

The RW were superb resources, especially for open-minded newbies attempting to understand RW.   Our RW members were especially adroit at telling idiots they were idiots in a manner that the idiots understood. 

So true.

Offline alex330

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2016, 06:02:43 PM »

Yes, there were quite a few RW when I first signed up.

Some of them were real eye openers.

One RW pulled me aside and spoke with me privately at one point. She changed my way of thinking about a specific concern I had. She was more helpful than she realized and probably helped me seal the deal with my wife.

Offline I/O

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2016, 06:36:09 PM »
Mende: Simply ROFL..!! And...they never progress beyond that mindset, ever.

Offline msmobyone

• patriotism is the last vestige of fools, but hey
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2016, 12:22:49 AM »

Your examples ring so spookily true .. I have to remind Russian friends who believe we are 'brainwashed' that we have truly independent ownership - not tvnstations run by the govt or on behalf of the govt by mates of the govt....

Please excuse the Curmudgeon in my posts ..he will be cured by being reunited with his loved one ;)

Offline Shadow

« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2016, 02:11:02 AM »
Your examples ring so spookily true .. I have to remind Russian friends who believe we are 'brainwashed' that we have truly independent ownership - not tvnstations run by the govt or on behalf of the govt by mates of the govt....
Our postal, train and health care companies are having private ownership as well. Yet if the goverment speaks, they listen.

Offline msmobyone

• patriotism is the last vestige of fools, but hey
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2016, 02:38:14 AM »
Our postal, train and health care companies are having private ownership as well. Yet if the goverment speaks, they listen.

Shadow, you may have missed - not being British - that Blair's leadership was scuppered by journalists - as was trickie dickie - all those years ago ...

Please - if you are going to start comparing the freedom of say RU v UK newspapers / tv stations to criticise govt policy you will have my sides sore laughing.

You seem to be confusing franchises for utilities with freedom of the press
Please excuse the Curmudgeon in my posts ..he will be cured by being reunited with his loved one ;)

Offline GregfromGa

« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2016, 05:58:56 AM »
I remember Aloe posting one picture of her with a vacuum of all things. A stunning woman. I remember she was having a few troubles in some village in Belgium I believe. I certainly remember the vacuum. It's a shame about Lily not coming around much anymore. She was a sweetheart and there were others. Of course there were good healthy differences of opinion from time to time. I remember when one Russian gal called all Ukrainian women here prostitutes.

Offline SANDRO43

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2016, 06:49:03 AM »
There are a few, rmore married couples that I hope we can find an opportunity to meet in the next year or so.  Mendy and his wife,  OlgaH and her husband, and Sandro and his wife.
Doug, I'm afraid that would be rather hard to arrange, given that I''ve been divorced for the past 40 years, with no contacts with my ex since ;D.
Milan's "Duomo"

Offline Shadow

« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2016, 07:03:33 AM »
Shadow, you may have missed - not being British - that Blair's leadership was scuppered by journalists - as was trickie dickie - all those years ago ...

Please - if you are going to start comparing the freedom of say RU v UK newspapers / tv stations to criticise govt policy you will have my sides sore laughing.

You seem to be confusing franchises for utilities with freedom of the press
There is freedom and there is how freedom is used.
Just because something is privately owned does not mean it can not be heavily influenced by the government, and just because something is owned by the government does not mean it can not do its job uninhibited.
I would suggest that you do not believe the BBC (State owned and ran) is worse in journalism as ITV or Sky.

Offline GregfromGa

« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2016, 07:03:55 AM »
Doug, I'm afraid that would be rather hard to arrange, given that I''ve been divorced for the past 40 years, with no contacts with my ex since ;D .

Sandro43, I'm thinking about another trip back to Italy in July. I will spend a couple of days in Milan probably. Maybe we can go back to that one place. The food was good there. Hope you are well. I will not be bringing the same Ukrainian girl this time but actually an American girl with really nice tits and a great ass.

Offline Shadow

« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2016, 07:04:59 AM »
Doug, I'm afraid that would be rather hard to arrange, given that I''ve been divorced for the past 40 years, with no contacts with my ex since ;D .
You have enough contacts on your homepage that would be able to fill that vacancy for the duration of the meeting. :P

Offline jone

« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2016, 07:59:09 AM »
I must confess, I had a chuckle when Doug said that he wanted to meet Mrs. Sandro.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline Muzh

« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2016, 08:15:25 AM »
I must confess, I had a chuckle when Doug said that he wanted to meet Mrs. Sandro.

Yea, me too.

Although, our meeting was a treat. An experience we will cherish. Sandro, did you bring Greg to the restaurant we went? The food was great.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline SANDRO43

« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2016, 05:19:47 PM »
Maybe we can go back to that one place. The food was good there.
I could take you to places where it is better, e.g. a fish restaurant with very reasonable prices ;), provided I'm not at the seaside in that period.
an American girl with really nice tits and a great ass.
Are you sure you want me along, after what I wrote about being wifeless for 40 years :-\?
:devilish:
Milan's "Duomo"

Offline SANDRO43

« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2016, 05:21:35 PM »
Sandro, did you bring Greg to the restaurant we went?
No, we had a buffet dinner at a place close to his hotel - his choice.
Milan's "Duomo"

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541295
Total Topics: 20859
Most Online Today: 3034