It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: i have a question about agencies  (Read 10978 times)

Offline lonebadger320

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: None (yet)
i have a question about agencies
« on: November 15, 2016, 06:52:12 AM »
are allowed to name any specific agencies in forum? to find out more about the agencies and if anyone has any experiences with these agencies?

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Re: i have a question about agencies
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2016, 07:42:36 AM »
Welcome to the forum. Name whatever agency you want and we can give you an idea
if it's a decent agency or one that'll play games with you.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline lonebadger320

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2016, 07:46:45 AM »
i was wondering if anybody has actually done the dream connections tour.

i've watched a bunch of the videos on youtube but i've not been able to find a guy that has talked bout his experience or has given an honest assessment.

it seems the owners are pretty straight. i would like to get 1st hand, honest knowledge about it.

Offline jone

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2016, 07:52:02 AM »
i was wondering if anybody has actually done the dream connections tour.

i've watched a bunch of the videos on youtube but i've not been able to find a guy that has talked bout his experience or has given an honest assessment.

it seems the owners are pretty straight. i would like to get 1st hand, honest knowledge about it.

Skip the tour.  It is a pile of horseshit.  The girls you meet are being paid to be there and the men who go on these things are mostly quite old.  If you are interested in meeting someone, go on one of the subscription websites and you will have many to choose from.  I would suggest Elena's Models.  But YMMV.

Tell us about you.  Who are you?

Within this forum are the resources to find what you are looking for.  I can 100% guarantee that you won't find such on a tour.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline lonebadger320

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2016, 08:11:00 AM »
that's interesting. i did notice that the men who goes on these tours are a lot older. i also notice that many of the girls the men choose to date also have been picked in earlier tours by other men. there is something odd because when you watch the video from 2015 and 2016 tours, they know each other well it's more of a social gathering.  i do think it's more organized than afa or the anastasia tours, they seem to throw you in a club and good luck.

Offline jone

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2016, 08:34:50 AM »
If you want to join a club, try the YMCA.  I have never known of a couple meeting on a tour.  I'm sure there are some, but the cost, compared with the rate of return is very unfavorable.  You need to do some learning.  There are plenty of people on this forum who have the experience necessary to educate you in how to really meet women in the FSU.

Hey, does Badger in your name mean that you're from Minnesota?

Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline lonebadger320

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2016, 08:47:53 AM »
no, badger is a nickname. i'm from tennessee.

i'd always thought that writing letters or skyping was a scam or the possibility of being a scam was much higher than meeting in person. of course they could be paid to be there as you said.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 08:49:32 AM by lonebadger320 »

Offline jone

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2016, 09:44:06 AM »
no, badger is a nickname. i'm from tennessee.

i'd always thought that writing letters or skyping was a scam or the possibility of being a scam was much higher than meeting in person. of course they could be paid to be there as you said.

There are two types of online services, pay-per-letter (pay-per-chat) abbreviated as PPL, PPC.  These services pay the women to talk to you.  There is only a very small chance that you would ever hook up with one.  Their job is to get as much money from you as you are willing to fork out.

The other type of online service is a subscription service.  Aside from getting you to send them money, there are few ways to scam you.  Instead, you pay a monthly subscription fee.   But interacting with the women is direct and you quickly move to emails and Skype. 

Ask your questions.  And you will save a lot of money.

Offline Turboguy

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2016, 01:27:53 PM »
I have gone on 4 tours and do agree with the others that it isn't the best way to go.  The only one that seemed good was the last one and the guy that did those unfortunately passed away.  If I were going to do a tour there is one I might consider but at the moment I can't recall the name.  If I think of it I will post it.  I may post more about tours later but am about ready to leave for the airport to pick up my wife who has been visiting her family in Russia.

Also avoid any agency that charges by the letter.  I like your handle.  It would be a good one for me but for different reasons. 

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2016, 03:31:53 PM »
Skip the tour.  It is a pile of horseshit.  The girls you meet are being paid to be there and the men who go on these things are mostly quite old.  If you are interested in meeting someone, go on one of the subscription websites and you will have many to choose from.  I would suggest Elena's Models.  But YMMV.

Tell us about you.  Who are you?

Within this forum are the resources to find what you are looking for.  I can 100% guarantee that you won't find such on a tour.

Dear Jone,
I think that Dream Connection is a trustable organization.
One or two years ago it was still an honest agency.
They have grown up now and propose now tours for Asia, South America and Ukraine.
The prices are quite pricey but they work like a tribe.
I don't think that they pay any girls.
"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Offline Goombah

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2016, 04:14:58 PM »
Hey Turbo... who passed?

Offline Larry1

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2016, 04:29:50 PM »
Hey Turbo... who passed?

I'm not Turboguy but it sounds as if he will be away from the keyboard for a while. Jack Bragg died several years ago.

I never did a tour but if I had decided to go the tour route the only operator I would have considered would have been Jack.

Offline Goombah

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2016, 04:34:23 PM »
Not to hijack the thread, but thanks.  I never went on one of his tours, despite his baggering me to do so <smile>, but I did work somewhat closely with him to help during the 2004 Orange Revolution (which I happened to be randomly present for).

Thanks for letting me know.

Offline Bee Farmer

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2016, 05:34:58 PM »
The main lady who works for Dream Connections is Marina.

In 2013 I was in Odessa.  I hired Marina to be my guide and translator, but I did not go through Dream Connections.  Marina was working on her own for me (but she was also an interpreter for Dream Connections too.)  She picked me up at the airport, and arranged for my apartment.  At the time, she charged $15 an hour or $50 a day.

She was also helping an ER doc from Chicago meet girls from Dream Connections.  Her friend Mila (another interpreter who works with her) lived in Mykolaiv but was in Odessa helping a guy who worked in the Canadian oil sands.  Mila had worked with him on previous trips.  We would often go sightseeing or eat at restaurants as a group.

The ER doc and the guy from Canada were both in their 40's, and physically fit.  They did not seem like societal rejects.  Just pretty normal guys.  I did get the impression they were like a kid in a candy store.  Both had made 3 or 4 trips to Ukraine, and were unable to decide on any one girl they wanted to pursue.  But aside from that, they seemed like decent enough guys.

Marina was very protective.  She would tell you what restaurants it was ok to go to, and which restaurants would have a double menu. (A second menu with higher prices so they can scam foreigners.) 

Marina and Mila's English was very good.

I never met any girls from Dream Connections, so I can't speak for any of the girls.  But I can say that Marina was honest, and I don't believe she would put up with an agency with paid girls.  Marina did tell me that the girls in the agency were all serious girls.  She was honest about the dating scams and how to avoid them.  I do know that she tried to match the other 2 guys with girls that were age compatible.  She wasn't trying to introduce the guys to girls who were 18.

If I was going to do a tour, I would consider Dream Connections.  You're in good hands with Marina.

One caveat, if you are a slow walker, learn to walk fast.  Marina walks at a very brisk pace.  You may need to jog to keep up.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 05:39:39 PM by Bee Farmer »

Offline BillyB

« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2016, 05:47:35 PM »

It's easy to figure out letters written by agency employees and sincere women if you know how sincere women write. Get on the phone and Skype with women quickly so you're not spending 4 months writing someone in a photo who may not know you exist.

Hey Turboguy! Didn't you meet VWRW on Jack Bragg's First Dream tour? The First Dream tour was the only one recommended before Jack passed away.

Lonebadger, many ladies on most tours aren't serious. They're there for the free drinks, free food, and maybe some fool, with a lot of money, wants to separate from their money and take them shopping. The aggressive hotly dressed pro daters tend to get most of the attention. The quiet sincere girls sit in the corner and feel left out sometimes leaving in tears after learning most guys on tours do think with their dicks.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 06:31:28 PM by BillyB »
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline alex330

« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2016, 05:54:03 PM »
They did not seem like societal rejects.  Just pretty normal guys.  I did get the impression they were like a kid in a candy store.  Both had made 3 or 4 trips to Ukraine, and were unable to decide on any one girl they wanted to pursue.

My wife says this is very common with many guys. They end up in a constant dating cycle and pass by many good women. Several she knows are still single ten years later.

Offline Turboguy

« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2016, 07:11:02 PM »
Yes, when I talked about the tour operator that died that was Jack. He did his tours differently from the others and he limited his group to 12 guys so he was very hands on.

Not to hijack the thread, but thanks.  I never went on one of his tours, despite his baggering me to do so <smile>, but I did work somewhat closely with him to help during the 2004 Orange Revolution (which I happened to be randomly present for).

I had help with Jack on other occasions, mostly booking rooms.  One of my memories about Jack was that if anyone was over there and had problems Jack could often help them solve it without worrying about what was in it for him.

I was in Kiev during the height of the Orange revolution as well.  Actually on a tour there and then.  One of the things I can look back and laugh at was when I was there that time I spent a lot of time making visits to the internet café.  The internet café I used was on the second floor of the building and the first floor had public rest rooms and was sort of a headquarters and place to get out of the weather for those involved with the Orange Revolution.  Of course they were all wearing orange,  Orange gloves, orange jackets orange hats. 

I noticed every time I passed thorough the crowd with the orange revolution on my way to the internet café they gave me funny looks that didn't seem to friendly.   So, I was out with a lady and we were talking about the Orange Revolution.  I happened to ask her since the color for that side of things was Orange did the other side have a color.  She said yes, blue and white.  I looked down and realized why I was getting the dirty looks.  I was wearing a blue and white coat, blue jeans and a light blue shirt. 

Offline Turboguy

« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2016, 07:25:32 PM »
Hey Turboguy! Didn't you meet VWRW on Jack Bragg's First Dream tour? The First Dream tour was the only one recommended before Jack passed away.

No, not exactly Billy.  VWRW and I were communicating for a few months before I went on Jack's tour and I went on Jack's tour mainly to get my son over there and to talk him into going I pretty much had to go.  I had plans to go back to meet VWRW for the first time a few weeks after Jack's tour.  I was pretty confident that VWRW and I would hit it off and sort of did the tour half heartedly but did meet 2 women who would have been worth a follow up trip.  Probably 2 of the nicest women by far that I ever met on a tour.  Actually on the other tours most of the women I met were scammers. 

There are a few pretty detailed and long threads about all this back in the annals here. 

If I were single and someone held a gun to my head and told me I had to take a tour the one I thought seemed fairly on the up and up was the one run by Mark Davis, I hope I recall his name right but I don't remember the name of his agency and I am not even sure I am remembering his name right.

Offline CaptB

« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2016, 04:59:52 AM »
The reason why tours are not so great"

1) 20 guys for to 100 women.....10 to one odds......good.

2) start with 100 women......50 are too young (at least for me).......15 came in off the street (to make 100).......10 don't like where live (city too big....city too small) etc. etc.
    In other words 100 women sounds good......but most are not what "you" are looking for. if you are lucky.....maybe 1-3 or so will fit your criteria.

A good agency (if one can be found) will be more efficient at providing a number of women that meet your criteria.

Capt B
"A Yooper in Moscovia"

Offline CaptB

« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2016, 05:18:56 AM »
Lonebadger320,

Most going to Russia for the first time zero in on Moscow & St. Petersburg. Direct flights.....no further travel etc. etc. Some big city women may be interested in living in a medium or small city......but most would want a city similar to Moscow & St. Pete (New York, LA, San francisco, Chicago etc.). So many very nice cities in Russia.....outside of Moscow & St. Pete. My wife's city of Stavropol has been voted best Russian city......several years in a row. I love Samara......very beautiful.....1 million people.....but feels smaller than my wife's city (about 425,000). Yoshkar -Ola........very much like Northern Michigan, Minnesota, Wisconsin etc. Known for many scammers in recent years......MAKSIM's agency (now gone) proved there were many very nice women to choose from in this region. Sochi (almost sub-tropical)......very beautiful place. Tver....a very historical city. Lifetime Partners agency.......one of the few "honest" agencies out there. I know Tver very well......my first Russian city. About 400,000 people. Very compact......easy to get around on foot. 4 hour train ride to St. Pete......2 hours to Moscow.......a really nice town. Vladivostok.......in the far east......and many beautiful women. Many cities to choose from. It would be nice to be married to an RW from a nice city......then you know you will enjoy coming back.....for later visits.

Capt B
"A Yooper in Moscovia"

Offline Turboguy

« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2016, 07:16:03 AM »
The four tours I did ranged from 2001 to 2006.  I think those who did tours in the 90's had a pretty good chance of bringing back a wife but also a high likelihood the marriage wouldn't last.  Some of the tours had an immigration attorney along (one was a former RWD member) who did on the spot K-1 applications.  Women were desperate to get out of Russia in those desperate days.  They would grab onto whatever gave them the chance to leave and sometimes that wasn't someone they would normally pick for a mate.  Of course some of the men were looking for submissive wives which is not something you will find in the FSU.

Tours were a big business in those days but many of those companies no longer do tours.  When I went, the tour companies would run ads in the newspapers to attract women and would have signs out on the street to lure women in.  Some of the women just came because it was a free party.  Unfortunately many of the hotter women when I did tours would come because they know there would be a room full of naive men with a wallet full of money making their first trip to Russia.  They were sheep waiting to be fleeced.  Yes, there were a few women who were sincerely looking for a husband but usually they were not the hot ones that attracted attention.  I stayed friends with a number of guys from my tours and many made a trip back to meet the women they liked.  Not one got married to a woman he met on the tour.  Several have been married to RW since however.   

If Jack was still alive and doing tours I would have no hesitation in telling someone to go along but for the other companies doing them I think their time and money could be better spend visiting women they met online.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2016, 09:15:36 AM »
Lonebadger320,

Most going to Russia for the first time zero in on Moscow & St. Petersburg. Direct flights.....no further travel etc. etc. Some big city women may be interested in living in a medium or small city......but most would want a city similar to Moscow & St. Pete (New York, LA, San francisco, Chicago etc.). So many very nice cities in Russia.....outside of Moscow & St. Pete. My wife's city of Stavropol has been voted best Russian city......several years in a row. I love Samara......very beautiful.....1 million people.....but feels smaller than my wife's city (about 425,000). Yoshkar -Ola........very much like Northern Michigan, Minnesota, Wisconsin etc. Known for many scammers in recent years......MAKSIM's agency (now gone) proved there were many very nice women to choose from in this region. Sochi (almost sub-tropical)......very beautiful place. Tver....a very historical city. Lifetime Partners agency.......one of the few "honest" agencies out there. I know Tver very well......my first Russian city. About 400,000 people. Very compact......easy to get around on foot. 4 hour train ride to St. Pete......2 hours to Moscow.......a really nice town. Vladivostok.......in the far east......and many beautiful women. Many cities to choose from. It would be nice to be married to an RW from a nice city......then you know you will enjoy coming back.....for later visits.

Capt B

This is a good point, myself I'm thinking of SPB & Moscow when I intend to make another attempt in the new year. I'm from the suburbs of a reasonable sized town in the UK, interesting enough and a fair few facilities around. Even still I may have to go to the next town along from where I live if the girl wants a place that is a little more buzzing - both are quite pretty though. Added to that possibly the girls might be more sincere in cities outside SPB & Moscow where there are fewer other motives around seeking a foreigner other than wanting someone capable. Even still, although I've ventured into the Ukraine already I think I'm most likely set on SPB & Moscow initially but we shall see could always make a quick tourist visit then onwards to other lesser known along the way I think. As long as I can get an airport connection then it is fine with me, but to travel to non-airport cities for me would be a no-no I think. The girl in that instance would have to come to me ;D there are plenty out there, no more time wasting running all over FSU for them.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2016, 09:36:28 AM »
LoneBadger, I was looking into tours a little while back, most of the opinions/experiences here echo what I heard. Two interesting resources to look up, one is a book called 'Odessa Dreams' quite cheap on Amazon - it gives a good account of what happens on tours. The other is a documentary film called 'Love Me' which you can get on Netflix, at least in the UK - it follows some guys on tour with AFA. Both are good I think for relying experiences of scammers, how they operate, what they are after, and their own position, so not just one sided. The 'Love Me' one is good as it has one of the guy who fell for a scammer at an AFA do - she was pretty convincing, gave him the eye and all but the affection was all false - easy to fall foul of no doubt as being a guy you're out there looking for love so are liable to pass over the electric affect of chemistry. Two of the guys did find love on the tour and got with a girl, but I think one had been on several tours already - I don't think this a usual result though just chance.

The general impression I get is that they can be pretty random, I've seen programmes where some just look like a real sad affair with not much happening, others where its raving away like in a raunchy nightclub. Some women for sure in some of the vid's look entirely disinterested either dancing with their girly pals or just sat there looking a bit bored. Others the girls look up for it are are taliking with the guys merrily but who knows of the motives possibly just interest at foriegners. I think women in FSU and from what I've heard/seen act far more feminine than girls in the West as a matter of course.

I would say though whatever path you choose, tours or pay monthly be aware that scammers exist in both, maybe not all herd core, some just want a free local holiday all expenses paid on the guy (as is the way in the FSU) others just a free eat out/day out/entertainment paid by the guy, it varies. If a girl is into you then that I think eases the way.   
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline alex330

« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2016, 11:24:39 AM »
My wife's employer made her and a few agency girls go to tour socials to provide eye candy for Anastasia. She said it was a horrible experience and the normal women look down on the guys who attend them. The women that tend to show up on their own are either desperate, professionals looking to make a few bucks shopping or selling services,and party girls looking for free drinks.

Of course this is only my wife's opinion and observations of certain tours in one city in Ukraine. It may differ elsewhere.

Offline lifeisgreat

« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2017, 11:00:55 PM »
Anyone who have used RusDating.com and have experience with it??

I have never trusted paid dating websites who required payment...as i see it as they have conflict of interest issues. So I only used free sites in the past. Have meet some really nice girls and some im friends with today even :)

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 1815
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 1805
Total: 1815

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM