It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Opinion Regarding Tiger Woods  (Read 82752 times)

Offline BC

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Opinion Regarding Tiger Woods
« Reply #75 on: December 07, 2009, 10:01:37 AM »

Wow! The adventures of being a single man I tell ya. Here is a woman that seems focused on marriage and family but willing to temporarily trade her goals and values for some financial help while allowing me the opportunity to serve her physical needs while she searches for a husband.

Sounds open, honest and pretty much straightforward..  Nothing wrong with that.  Might even be a hole in one.

In the end you'll get the same story from a girl down the street in a roundabout way.

Offline GQBlues

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #76 on: December 07, 2009, 10:56:35 AM »
Missed it, watching football.  What happened?

Westwood (12) had a chance to tie Furyk (-13) but his approach went right and nestled tight on the edge of the fringe and the slope, 35 feet from the hole on a downhill putt. The rough against the fringe had some pretty nasty tall grass. He questions an official about getting a relief because his right ankle would be dangling over a sprinkler head in his stance. The thing was, he was holding a full 8-iron to demonstrate his point. Under normal circumstances he would likely choke up a lob wedge and flop that shot given the gradient and the fast green - plus a shortened stance. But doing so would safely keep him away from the sprinkler head.

He was given a free drop and away from the tall grassy edge but missed the tying shot by 3 feet anyway. Everything was well within the rules so he wasn't really cheating at all he simply took advantage of what was available to get out of a very bad lie.

Graeme McDowell was waiting behind them from the fairway at -11. Graeme was Tiger's replacement with a PGA ranking of 54. 4 spots over to qualify playing at the '10 Masters. He needed to be in the top-3 in this tournament to qualify.

Furyk waiting at the CH at -13, Lee at -12 (3 feet from the hole sitting birdie), Paddy 9 feet hitting birdie at -10, and Graeme waiting from the fairway at -11. Harrington hit his birdie putt and is now -11. Westwood looks at the scoreboard then to Graeme and knowing he no longer have a chance to tie, walked over and pushed his short putt. Drops a shot and is now at -11.

Paddy smiled, walked over to Lee and he winked at Paddy. They both walked off with huge smiles on their faces. Graeme birdies the hole, places second and earns enough point to move him to 36 ranking and easily qualifies for the Masters. That's some serious Ryder Cup teamsmanship going there...

Two buddies of mine agree with me that it was intentional. One friend and my wife do not because they said there's too much money at stake. Lee just won the Race to Dubai classic, so $ 200,00 less means nothing now. Had Graeme bogeyed the hole, he'll be 4th and there was a chance he won't get the points because it was a shootout yesterday and everyone was clustered at the top of the leaderboard. The pin placements were dollar pins. It was crazy!

Exciting day yesterday, Tiger was missed but oh well...
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #77 on: December 07, 2009, 11:04:03 AM »
I suggest that you start a new thread or place it in VWRW's entitlement thread.

I'll put in in VWRW's thread.

BTW, I have had the same conversation as you with a couple of RW, but it has always occurred after spending a few days with a RW - not in phone conversations before the first meeting.  She is a brave bold girl.

We had one date. She lives in the next city over which is about a 30 minute drive. An FSU man brought her over here. They married and divorced. No domestic violence involved. She's in college and getting financial assistance from the government. She's been here under 2 years and can stay in America permanently so although she's wanting to get married, she doesn't need a man for a green card. The speed that she wants to get married is what scares me though.

Quote from: BC
Sounds open, honest and pretty much straightforward..  Nothing wrong with that.  Might even be a hole in one.

In the end you'll get the same story from a girl down the street in a roundabout way.

Agree. She stated what she wanted, marriage and lots of financial and material support, and after she wasn't going to get it from me, she went for plan B and stated she doesn't care about dating or me buying her dinner but she'd rather have the cash money I would have spent on dating her instead and we could both still take care of our phyiscal needs.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline BC

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #78 on: December 07, 2009, 11:28:07 AM »
Agree. She stated what she wanted, marriage and lots of financial and material support, and after she wasn't going to get it from me, she went for plan B and stated she doesn't care about dating or me buying her dinner but she'd rather have the cash money I would have spent on dating her instead and we could both still take care of our phyiscal needs.

If she only lived next door would be quite a deal.

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #79 on: December 07, 2009, 08:14:31 PM »
Now hitting triple bogey...
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.

Offline Gator

« Reply #80 on: December 07, 2009, 08:36:43 PM »
Now hitting triple bogey...

It's getting comical.  And all of Tiger's women seem a little trashy to me, but all are D or DD.

One of the sports shows had a photo of a woman chasing the Cincinnati Bengal mascot (a tiger) with a golf club.

Thanks for the explanation about Westwood.  In  Ryder Cup
play a few years ago Davis Love had a bad lie next to a drainage grate.  If he swung regularly, he would hit the grate and thus been awarded a free drop to shorter grass.  However, he said he could not take a drop because he would not take a normal swing but play a cut given the pin location.  A prime example of a gentleman playing the game with integrity.

Offline Mir

« Reply #81 on: December 07, 2009, 11:46:44 PM »
She said, "He made me wet."

God, incontinence is such a pain :)

Offline Turboguy

« Reply #82 on: December 08, 2009, 09:28:44 AM »
About the time the Tiger situation gets to the point that I expect it to die down it seems to only get worse.

1. It looks like the official count of mistresses is up to 9 now.

2. Elin has move out and is living in another house Tiger owns

3. Tiger had been drinking, taking Vicoden and Ambian before his accident.

4. An unidentified woman (most likely Elin's Mom) was taken to the hospital Tuesday on advanced life support but later released.

Personally I think if I was spending beaucoup bucks to have Tiger as a promotional figure for my products I would be doing a lot of thinking about if that was money well spent, unless of course I were Trojan or Jack Daniels which might be the only sponsers he can get after this.

Offline remiel6

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #83 on: December 08, 2009, 10:56:56 AM »
Tiger better hope your wrong because sponsorship money is more than 90% of his income.  :D

Offline Turboguy

« Reply #84 on: December 08, 2009, 11:25:30 AM »
I agree with that Remie!    My thoughts until lately were that it would blow over with very little impact on his income but I am starting to think that his image is going to have much less value that it did when he was seen as a clean cut role model.   

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #85 on: December 08, 2009, 11:46:17 AM »
Well, Tiger's 10 over on the front nine (as in 'days'). Definitely the worst outing since his 40 at the '97 Masters. His balls must be well compressed.

Badboy Rodham have nothing on this guy...btw Tiger eats at Perkins? Really?!?

Irony of the year award: In Golf Digest's latest issue featuring Tiger posed as a caddy for Obama, the caption read:

"10 Things Obama can learn from Tiger" Yes, and that would be 1. Rachel, 2. Jaime, 3. Holly... (yeah, how come there's no one named 'Taniqua')? I bet Michelle is not amused.

The people want to know...who will Tiger bring with him when its his turn to party at the White House weekly dinner shindig paid for by TUUA (The United Unemployed Americans.)

Rachel is royally p'oed that Tiger actually have 'other' women besides her. (LOL)

Quote of the Day: " Boje Moy! Even Russian men is not this bad! " -Nataly

As an aside: I'm wondering, I realize the real estate in California is a bit high than most other places nationally, but I am somewhat surprised that the Woods' mansion is listed at only $ 2.6 million. The guy's a billionaire. $2.6 million in our neck of the woods would hardly have 3,500 SF, let alone be considered a mansion. Beverly Hills maids quarters alone is $2.6 million by itself.

Offline KenC

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #86 on: December 08, 2009, 12:02:35 PM »
I agree with that Remie!    My thoughts until lately were that it would blow over with very little impact on his income but I am starting to think that his image is going to have much less value that it did when he was seen as a clean cut role model.   
I still do not know if this will effect Tiger's influence on golfing gear.  I do not know the breakdown of his endorsement earnings, but he is still the best damn golfer in the world.  Regardless of his morals, golfers are total suckers for anything new in the way of clubs, golf balls or training techniques.  It isn't like basketball, where the only equipment item is the shoes which are more of a fashion statement than anything else.  I do not believe this will effect the sales influence he will still have in golfing related goods but only his non golfing endorsements.  How say you golfers?  Will Tiger's infidelities stop you from buying his next new driver?
KenC
You are a den of vipers and thieves-Andrew Jackson on banks
Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies-Thomas Jefferson

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #87 on: December 08, 2009, 12:20:44 PM »
How say you golfers?  Will Tiger's infidelities stop you from buying his next new driver?

That won't mean a thing to me as I live and die with my Clevelands, driver to lob wedge. My putter was recently changed from the Rossie to XG Teron by Odyssey. I use Titliest Pro V1, Callaway gloves, Sun Mountain Cart/Stand bag - in short no Nike's or Scotty Cameron.

I'm convinced his endorsements will definitely be affected now. As a billionaire and with the looming possibility of a hefty alimony/child support from here on in, I won't be surprised if Tiger retires as a Golf Course design consultant from now on.

Offline tim 360

« Reply #88 on: December 08, 2009, 12:23:46 PM »
Golf gear, some golfers will buy and some won't buy.  As more revelations keep coming out I can see he did himself more damage than I thought a few days ago.  That coupled with his Team Tiger not being able to breathe, let alone swim in these waters is perplexing, unless they know more shoes will keep dropping.  I'm sure most of his sponsors are taking a long hard look at him now, especially with todays news.

Amex has been a stalwart Tiger sponsor over many years, yet today on his webapge they are not listed as a sponsor?

http://web.tigerwoods.com/sponsors/sponsors

Ah.  Checked.  In a recent statement a few days ago, Amex states it currently has no contractual relationship with Tiger.  They parted a year and a half ago.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 12:50:18 PM by tim 360 »
"Never argue with a fool,  onlookers may not be able to tell the difference".  Mark Twain

Offline Turboguy

« Reply #89 on: December 08, 2009, 12:49:18 PM »
My golf clubs have not been out of the attic since my wife arrived in America.   I went from golfing in two leagues to not touching my clubs so I am sure it won't have an effect on my purchasing.   Even when I was golfing more I was never impacted by a celebrity name.   My first driver had Bobby Jones's name on them which really shows my age.  Unless I hear that someone named Bertha won the Open or Masters I think there is no corelation between the name on my clubs and celebrity. 

Is Tiger the greatest golfer of all time?  I don't know that anyone can answer that.   Palmer was a great golfer that did more to popularize golf than anyone and changed it from an obscure sport to a popular one.  Tiger has also done a lot to popularize golf.   I have no doubts that he is the best golfer of this generation but golf was not followed or talked about as much when Bobby Jones, Sammy Snead and Hogan were playing.   Who knows what some of the really old time players could do with modern courses and equipment.  If you could bring back all the great golfers of the past in their prime and let them have today's equipment and get used to it I have a feeling there were probably a few who could have given him a run for the money but I don't question at all that he is a great golfer and at a very minimum one of the best, and maybe even THE best ever, one of the best for sure.   Still he has just shot himself in the foot and really needs to decide if he wants to be a great golfer or a great lover.

When this all started I tended to side with Tiger a bit and thought that maybe his wife just wasn't keeping him as happy as she should have.   I am sure some men if they were not happy at home could end up in the arms of another woman.   When a man has 9 mistresses it is not because the wife is lacking.  Tiger is lacking morals plain and simple. 

Offline SMS60

« Reply #90 on: December 08, 2009, 02:05:10 PM »
I would say he is thinking of why he got married in the first place.

Marriage is not for everyone especially billionaries.

Poor guy
Quote from: Simoni on Today at 09:06:15 AM
But my understanding is that "Anything Goes" does not really mean "anything" if that "anything" violates the TOS.

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #91 on: December 08, 2009, 02:11:43 PM »
The line had begin to form.  :(

Not a good way to start the back nine.

Offline KenC

« Reply #92 on: December 08, 2009, 03:12:46 PM »
That won't mean a thing to me as I live and die with my Clevelands, driver to lob wedge. My putter was recently changed from the Rossie to XG Teron by Odyssey. I use Titliest Pro V1, Callaway gloves, Sun Mountain Cart/Stand bag - in short no Nike's or Scotty Cameron.

I'm convinced his endorsements will definitely be affected now. As a billionaire and with the looming possibility of a hefty alimony/child support from here on in, I won't be surprised if Tiger retires as a Golf Course design consultant from now on.
GQ,
You missed my point.  IF you thought Tiger's gear would better your game based on his golfing wisdom, you would not care about what he did with his own shaft. 8)
KenC
You are a den of vipers and thieves-Andrew Jackson on banks
Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies-Thomas Jefferson

Offline tim 360

« Reply #93 on: December 08, 2009, 03:24:07 PM »
Gatorade was the biggest deal he had going with an incredible potential...until now.  Yeah, the way he has played this I am sure there will be more companies reconsidering their position with Tiger, no matter how great of a golfer he has been.  Sad to say but it seems the guy has a complete lack of character.  Whether he might be able to sell golf gear is certain,  if he wins some golfers will buy his stuff.  If he wins alot--more will.  He definitely has had the priciest sex of any athlete in history.

Gatorade states that discontinuing Tiger Focus Gatorade has nothing to do with recent events.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 03:28:39 PM by tim 360 »
"Never argue with a fool,  onlookers may not be able to tell the difference".  Mark Twain

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #94 on: December 08, 2009, 04:17:47 PM »
GQ,
You missed my point.  IF you thought Tiger's gear would better your game based on his golfing wisdom, you would not care about what he did with his own shaft. 8)

LOL. What's the MOI on that shaft?

When the Sumos first came out, I did think of switching and actually demo'd the puppies. This was last year when I was working the funk out of my game (golfers always blame heir woes on their equipment - no pun intended Tiger) and thought a little bit of Tiger-effect may cure my yips. No go. Then I thought maybe dumping Titliest and using Nike balls, nope, feels like rock (no pun intended Tiger).

I guess what I'm saying is, yeah sure, if it made the difference of course I'd use Tiger endorsed products. But that would likely be because it helped and not because of the icon behind it. I am ceratin though your assessment is likely more 'right' than my personal situation. There is a huge following in Nike's golf line that people buy into not because it's better, but simply because 'Tiger uses it'.

p.s. I demo'd the Victory Reds two weeks ago - not for me.

Tim, at least there's one thing Buick did right this year!

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #95 on: December 08, 2009, 10:05:34 PM »
(golfers always blame heir woes on their equipment - no pun intended Tiger)
Tim, at least there's one thing Buick did right this year!

Tiger's entire problem IS his equipment  ;D I too am an avid golfer more so lately "duffer". I can say I have never bought a piece of equipment because he or any other pro endorsed or uses it. Most upgrades in my bag are the result of seeing it used on the course and the curiosity or I took a few "swings" with it. I'm very slow to change anything in my game. Which can be a good thing and other times a real PITA  >:(

Offline Gator

« Reply #96 on: December 08, 2009, 11:20:32 PM »
I have no doubts that he is the best golfer of this generation but golf was not followed or talked about as much when Bobby Jones, Sammy Snead and Hogan were playing.

Wrong, it was more important for some odd reason.  New York City gave Bobby Jones a ticker tape parade.  Nevertheless, such parades were more common in the 1930s than in the 21st Century.  Keep in mind that horse racing was arguably the No. 1 sport.

I saw a survey that reported no significant difference among TV viewers regarding their interest in Tiger before and after the revelations of extramarital affairs.

Offline Mir

« Reply #97 on: December 09, 2009, 12:35:47 AM »
Marriage is not for everyone especially billionaire.

What has being a billionare have to do with this?

Offline Turboguy

« Reply #98 on: December 09, 2009, 04:32:55 AM »
Wrong, it was more important for some odd reason.  New York City gave Bobby Jones a ticker tape parade.  Nevertheless, such parades were more common in the 1930s than in the 21st Century.  Keep in mind that horse racing was arguably the No. 1 sport.

I will agree the Bobby Jones was a hero in his day and that NYC gave him a ticker tape parade.   I don't think anyone could argue that golf is more popular today than in his day and one of the reasons is TV.   From a participant standpoint golf too has changed.  One way is the advent of golf carts.  Caddies were common in those days.  Golf coverage on TV and Arnie arrived close to the same time and Arnie probably was not the greatest golfer ever but was likely one of the most charismatic.   Tiger is probably the better golfer and until now was probably the only one who matched or possibly exceeded Arnie's popularity.  I think Tiger also did a lot to popularize golf for blacks.

Yesterday was the first day I thought this might really effect his income.   When the mistress count supposedly went to 9 , the wife moved out, the drugs and booze were talked about and the MIL was taken to the hospital, my opinion flopped from it will blow over in a month or so to some sponsors are going to take a hard look at the image he would add to their product.   

I think the things that may determine how this hand plays out are

1.  Is it really over?  Before yesterday I thought there was little new to continue the saga but there were tons of new allegations yesterday and will there be more, and possibly even more shocking revelations?

2.  What will his wife do?   If she had stayed by his side and things died down the PR effect would have been better.   It seems she has had enough and who could blame her.

3.  What will Tiger do?  He has yet to stick his nose out of the closet.  How he handles things could have a lot of impact one way or the other. 

Tiger is the greatest golfer of his time.  I am sure his name will still have value.  I do think this will decrease the value of his name.   Perhaps in time this will all be forgotten.   I think when the Monica story first came out it put a negative spin on Clinton but now I think few judge him on that and it is more a joke than anything.  Slick Willy was never thought of as wholesome or as being a role model, Tiger was.

Offline brave girl

« Reply #99 on: December 09, 2009, 06:44:41 AM »
4. An unidentified woman (most likely Elin's Mom) was taken to the hospital Tuesday on advanced life support but later released.

Maybe sexual maniac approach mum? :evil:  brave girl
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 06:46:12 AM by brave girl »

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541384
Total Topics: 20862
Most Online Today: 3463
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 3452
Total: 3462

+-Recent Posts

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine - Senate just passed the Bill! by Trenchcoat
Today at 01:56:55 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine - Senate just passed the Bill! by krimster2
Yesterday at 07:07:31 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 11:31:49 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Manny
Yesterday at 11:07:15 AM

Re: international travel by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:50:04 AM

Re: international travel by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 08:20:37 AM

Re: Trippin........... by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 08:06:00 AM

Re: Trippin........... by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:09:50 AM

Re: Trippin........... by ML
Yesterday at 05:21:01 AM

Trippin........... by 2tallbill