It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Hair Length Preferences  (Read 29671 times)

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Hair Length Preferences
« on: October 18, 2015, 02:15:23 PM »

I agree 100% with the part of Lily post that I quoted. However, do not misread the above mentioned to mean that WW do not make efforts to be pretty at all. They do make efforts to be pretty, they just do not do that for men. Most gorgeous women in West make efforts to be gorgeous because they have time and money for that, and  they enjoy attention they get. Sure, if you walk in a mall in the middle of nowhere, you may get an impression WW are not particularly groomed. However, go to an upscale mall or restaurant and you will get a different impression.

While I agree that WW take some efforts to be pretty, a very high percentage of them
cut their hair shorter every year of their life. Some don't even own a dress and some
haven't worn heels since they went to their high school prom.

Many WW will lie and intentionally mislead women that they think are more attractive
than them. They will say things like,

"You are so thin, have some cake!"
"You should cut your hair! it would look so cute!"

I have many friends on FB who have FSU wives. I've seen a flock of Western
women advise a FSUW (with beautiful hair) to cut their hair online. Each of the
WW who gave this advice had a haircut that any lesbian could love.

Just my two kopecks,

Bill
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
Re: Hair Length Preferences
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2015, 02:22:55 PM »
Your personal preferences aside, many women do, in fact, look better with short hair.  A woman with good cheekbones can showcase them much better with a short cut.  A woman with a small face will look better with short hair.  There are lots of stars with short hair who look spectacular.

The "standard" for women in the USSR, BTW, was not to cut hair, but to wear it up, not down and flowing. 
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Larry1

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2015, 02:23:22 PM »
While I agree that WW take some efforts to be pretty, a very high percentage of them
cut their hair shorter every year of their life. Some don't even own a dress and some
haven't worn heels since they went to their high school prom.

Many WW will lie and intentionally mislead women that they think are more attractive
than them. They will say things like,

"You are so thin, have some cake!"
"You should cut your hair! it would look so cute!"

I have many friends on FB who have FSU wives. I've seen a flock of Western
women advise a FSUW (with beautiful hair) to cut their hair online. Each of the
WW had a haircut that any lesbian could love.

Just my two kopecks,

Bill

I've heard this happen quite a number of times among AW.

And when someone they know with long hair whacks her hair off all the women around her will gush:

Oh, it looks sooo cute, and
And I'll bet it's so easy to take care of.

Gaining a lot of weight and cutting her long hair diminishes one's attractiveness.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2015, 02:27:03 PM »
Disagree vehemently about short hair. 
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Nightwish

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2015, 02:28:24 PM »
Your personal preferences aside, many women do, in fact, look better with short hair.  A woman with good cheekbones can showcase them much better with a short cut.  A woman with a small face will look better with short hair.  There are lots of stars with short hair who look spectacular.

The "standard" for women in the USSR, BTW, was not to cut hair, but to wear it up, not down and flowing.

Your personal preference aside, NO woman looks better with short hair then long, not as long as its taken care of.... its all a lie told to women, by women.
Multitasking means screwing up several things at once.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2015, 02:37:44 PM »
No, you are absolutely wrong.

It is not my personal preference, either.  You have jumped to erroneous conclusions.  Some women just do look better with short hair, and I can think of dozens of examples.  Because men do not generally groom, nor dress, to present themselves in the best light, nor follow fashion or beauty for women (unless they are gay), they tend to be clueless in this regard.

Say a woman has very fine, thin hair.  If she wears it long, even with styling products, it will be stringy and limp.  Hardly a good look.  I could go on.

Offline calmissile

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2015, 02:40:18 PM »
Your personal preference aside, NO woman looks better with short hair then long, not as long as its taken care of.... its all a lie told to women, by women.

Agree 100%.
Doug (Calmissile)

Offline Boethius

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2015, 02:43:23 PM »
So says the man with no hair. :)

Really, it is about styling, features, and the type of hair a woman has.

Offline Nightwish

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2015, 02:50:06 PM »
No, you are absolutely wrong.

It is not my personal preference, either.  You have jumped to erroneous conclusions.  Some women just do look better with short hair, and I can think of dozens of examples.  Because men do not generally groom, nor dress, to present themselves in the best light, nor follow fashion or beauty for women (unless they are gay), they tend to be clueless in this regard.

Say a woman has very fine, thin hair.  If she wears it long, even with styling products, it will be stringy and limp.  Hardly a good look.  I could go on.

Even I as a (none gay) man knows something about a thing called extensions, and you can go on about this all you want, its 0.01% of men that finds short hair more attractive then long hair.  About the same amount of guys that get turned on by a Sheep I would guess.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Hair Length Preferences
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2015, 02:51:45 PM »
Your personal preferences aside, many women do, in fact, look better with short hair. 

No they don't, 99.99% of women look better with long hair.

FSUW don't do vague

Offline mendeleyev

• RWD Advisor
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2015, 02:52:25 PM »
After two decades of seeing the most gorgeous lady on the planet in long hair, she surprised me this Spring. The length stops just at her neckline, and that is the shortest that I have ever known for her.

Honestly, and I take neither side here, she is still the most beautiful woman that I've ever seen. Maybe it is everything about her that I find to be so beautiful, and not just the length of her hair.
The Mendeleyev Journal. http://mendeleyevjournal.com Member: Congress of Russian Journalists; ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.RU (Journalist-Russia); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.UA (Journalist-Ukraine); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.KZ (Journalist-Kazakhstan); ПОРТАЛ ЖУРНАЛИСТОВ (Portal of RU-UA Journalists); Просто Журналисты ("Just Journalists").

Offline Boethius

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2015, 02:52:41 PM »
Even I as a (none gay) man knows something about a thing called extensions, and you can go on about this all you want, its 0.01% of men that finds short hair more attractive then long hair.  About the same amount of guys that get turned on by a Sheep I would guess.

I didn't post anything about what men find attractive.

Well Mr. Non Gay Expert, perhaps you can tell women that "traction alopecia", the result of liberal use of extensions, is not a problem.  Good extensions are also very costly.  But, women should have long hair so as to not offend the visual sensibilities of men around them.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 03:00:03 PM by Boethius »

Offline Boethius

« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2015, 02:54:02 PM »
No they don't, 99.99% of women look better with long hair.

Nope.  I can think of half a dozen women I know who look great with short hair, much better than with long hair.  I can think of some who look better with long hair.  The same for men.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Hair Length Preferences
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2015, 03:00:17 PM »
So says the man with no hair. :)

Male pattern baldness isn't a choice. Women cutting their hair short is. If a woman had
chemo none of us would criticize her hair Style or lack thereof. Maybe you can get Ade
or Andrew to pop in and support your opinion but it won't make you opinion accurate.
FSUW don't do vague

Offline Nightwish

« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2015, 03:01:04 PM »

I didn't post anything about what men find attractive.

Well Mr. Non Gay Expert, perhaps you have read about "traction alopecia", the result of liberal use of extensions.  [/size]

Where in my post did I say anything about being an expert? I just know I talk for (almost) all mankind. Remember the 0,01% of sheep lovers also..

and to answer your question, nope!
But that had nothing to do with the topic at hand, all women, ALL women looks better with long hair, long hair is one of the basic features that makes her feminine and beautiful.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2015, 03:04:14 PM »
Male pattern baldness isn't a choice. Women cutting their hair short is. If a woman had chemo none of us would criticize her hair Style or lack thereof. Maybe you can get Ade or Andrew to pop in and support your opinion but it won't make you opinion accurate.

I don't need anyone to support my opinion.  It is my opinion.  Whether you agree with me or not is irrelevant to me.

Baldness can be covered as well, with a wig or various expensive treatments, and yes, they do work.  So, it is the same.  It is about what a person wants.

Your wife wants long hair.  Others may not.  Their choice, and lots of women do, in fact, look better with short hair.

Offline Nightwish

« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2015, 03:06:11 PM »

I don't need anyone to support my opinion.  It is my opinion.  Whether you agree with me or not is irrelevant to me.

Baldness can be covered as well, with a wig or various expensive treatments, and yes, they do work.  So, it is the same.  It is about what a person wants.

Your wife wants long hair.  Others may not.  Their choice, and lots of women do, in fact, look better with short hair.
It is not a fact, that is Your opinion

Offline Boethius

« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2015, 03:11:39 PM »
Where in my post did I say anything about being an expert? I just know I talk for (almost) all mankind. Remember the 0,01% of sheep lovers also..

and to answer your question, nope!
But that had nothing to do with the topic at hand, all women, ALL women looks better with long hair, long hair is one of the basic features that makes her feminine and beautiful.

You said you had heard of extensions.  The liberal use of extensions leads to baldness.

A woman can have long hair and be ugly, she can have short hair and be feminine and beautiful.

She looks better with shorter locks -

Offline Nightwish

« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2015, 03:12:20 PM »

You said you had heard of extensions.  The liberal use of extensions leads to baldness.

A woman can have long hair and be ugly, she can have short hair and be feminine and beautiful.

She looks better with shorter locks -

Ehhh No!

Offline Boethius

« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2015, 03:14:02 PM »
It is not a fact, that is Your opinion

Just as it is everyone else's opinion here.

Personally, I find beards very unattractive.  Even the peach hair fuzz on my teenaged son, I will ask him to go shave.  But some (very few) women may like that Taliban look.

Offline LAman

« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2015, 03:31:30 PM »

No woman???? I have seen plenty of women that look great with short hair. I do prefer long hair but some nice features in women's face can be highlighted with short/er hair.....I agree totally with Boe

In the end, it is a matter of preference.
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Offline SANDRO43

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2015, 03:41:31 PM »
IMHO, it mostly depends on good facial structure - and of course this is rather subjective ;).

(I'd only object to the crummy dress at right :()

The advantage of good long hair is that it can be worn in may ways - long, medium or short - depending on how it is styled, while short hair does not possess the same flexibility ;).
Milan's "Duomo"

Offline Nightwish

« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2015, 03:42:43 PM »
I wont go in to beards, deserves a new thread in that case :)

Your original post was:
many women do, in fact, look better with short hair.  A woman with good cheekbones can showcase them much better with a short cut.  A woman with a small face will look better with short hair.  There are lots of stars with short hair who look spectacular.

and that is simply not true, first it's not a fact, it's a matter of taste, secondly its not many, a few maybe (I have never seen one) and absolutely not many.

the thing is though, we have to see this from the male point of view, because lets be honest, most women look how they look to attract men. Same goes for men (most men)
We shave to attract women, we cut our hair to attract women, we dress to attract women, everything we do is to attract the opposite sex, so when we talk about hair lengths we should look it from a male point of view.

and out of my .. say 100 male friends I have never heard 1 say.,. oh I wish my wife/girlfriend would cut her hair short. Quite the opposite, everyone I know thinks exactly as me. So maybe I am colored by my surroundings, the thing is though this is what men 99.999% of men thinks..  I know I have the vast majority on my side.

But there is always the odd sheep herder also..

<- No just no
- OH yes!

And to answer LAman, yes women can look good in short hair, but they would look even better with long hair..  ;D

Offline ML

« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2015, 03:51:36 PM »
I agree with Boe and LA Man.  Some women look great in short hair.  I like the look; especially if no sheep are available.  I have suggested to Ochka that she cut her hair; but no dice.

Attached some gals that look pretty good with short hair.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 03:57:09 PM by ML »
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline SANDRO43

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2015, 04:01:16 PM »

I decided I'd grow a beard in 1970 on seeing that many of my foreign IBM office colleagues where suddenly sprouting beards and moustaches :-\.

I then discovered that they were reacting to the restrictions then imposed on IBM field personnel (those working in direct contact with customers) by their home IBMs: no facial hair allowed 8)!

A more puzzling case was our Japanese colleague, who'd come to the office in bizarre colour combinations like orange jacket, violet tie, blue trousers and red shirt :o. It was a while before we could find a diplomatic way to enquire about his wild preferences: he then explained that if he did not show up at IBM Tokyo in the mandatory black jacket, trousers and tie with a white shirt, he'd be sent back home to change :D.

I returned my face to its more or less original state after 26 years ;).
Milan's "Duomo"

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541508
Total Topics: 20866
Most Online Today: 3153