It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Ukraine-The Future  (Read 209688 times)

Offline Shadow

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Ukraine-The Future
« Reply #925 on: May 18, 2020, 07:08:20 AM »
You are correct that most Russians do not care about politics, especially when talking to Westerners who will just talk bad about their politics and country.The eternal badmouthing of Russia makes Russians very wary of Westerners in general and English speaking especially.I could get you the opinion of about 20k people, but I am sure your own is much more correct.....to you.
No it is not a dog. Its really how I look.  ;)

Offline msmob

« Reply #926 on: May 18, 2020, 07:29:44 AM »

Shadow fails by suggesting something that doesn't happen ( in my case )

You are correct that most Russians do not care about politics, especially when talking to Westerners who will just talk bad about their politics and country.

Now, now, John do not go around suggesting that when I'm a guest of wifey and in the company of her friends that I do any of the things you MIGHT be suggesting ..

When I'm asked about VVP my std answer is that like my political leader and 'Trampu', best not ask .. THEY assume I'm a 'westerner' fed on fibs and there, the matter lies..

As time goes by, they chat about their dreams and regrets and will tell you the stories of corruption ... 

I DRIVE in Russia, in my British registered car, I NEVER get stopped.. well I'm slowed down and waved on, but when driving in the RU one .. until they realise I'm not resident and don't have a RU driver's licence, they THINK I'm a human bankomat ..

The eternal badmouthing of Russia makes Russians very wary of Westerners in general and English speaking especially.I could get you the opinion of about 20k people, but I am sure your own is much more correct.....to you.

This is patent nonsense.. spend time at a Dacha or by a river in the mountains or on the beach and westerners are STILL the subject of interest and opinions are sought .. We speak in 'Ringlish' ..Russians try to speak English and I 'Russian' ..

Russians can TELL I'm not Russian on hearing my accent and I do try to blend in ..   

I have no idea were you 'hang out' when you were last in RU, but you are totally right ... my experiences differ from yours, (drastically) and I have lived / worked with Russians / Ukrainians / Georgians / Belarusians / Latvian 'Russians'  since 2002 on a daily basis and travel widely in the FSU when 'permitted' ..

On Wednesday evening I will be with my RU friends and acquaintances via zoom and chatting about relationships ( differences between the west and Russia) There will be a Swiss guy who now lives in Russia and is a patriot ... these are the 'scariest' people  I meet .. westerners who should know better and think w.Europe is full of gays and liberals  :cluebat:

Offline Shadow

« Reply #927 on: May 18, 2020, 08:18:20 AM »
The difference is you are a Westerner trying to blend in. People in my circle have no idea I am not Russian.
No it is not a dog. Its really how I look.  ;)

Offline Confederate

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #928 on: May 18, 2020, 08:21:54 AM »

Shadow fails by suggesting something that doesn't happen ( in my case )

Now, now, John do not go around suggesting that when I'm a guest of wifey and in the company of her friends that I do any of the things you MIGHT be suggesting ..

When I'm asked about VVP my std answer is that like my political leader and 'Trampu', best not ask .. THEY assume I'm a 'westerner' fed on fibs and there, the matter lies..

As time goes by, they chat about their dreams and regrets and will tell you the stories of corruption ... 

I DRIVE in Russia, in my British registered car, I NEVER get stopped.. well I'm slowed down and waved on, but when driving in the RU one .. until they realise I'm not resident and don't have a RU driver's licence, they THINK I'm a human bankomat ..

This is patent nonsense.. spend time at a Dacha or by a river in the mountains or on the beach and westerners are STILL the subject of interest and opinions are sought .. We speak in 'Ringlish' ..Russians try to speak English and I 'Russian' ..

Russians can TELL I'm not Russian on hearing my accent and I do try to blend in ..   

I have no idea were you 'hang out' when you were last in RU, but you are totally right ... my experiences differ from yours, (drastically) and I have lived / worked with Russians / Ukrainians / Georgians / Belarusians / Latvian 'Russians'  since 2002 on a daily basis and travel widely in the FSU when 'permitted' ..

On Wednesday evening I will be with my RU friends and acquaintances via zoom and chatting about relationships ( differences between the west and Russia) There will be a Swiss guy who now lives in Russia and is a patriot ... these are the 'scariest' people  I meet .. westerners who should know better and think w.Europe is full of gays and liberals 

The Swiss man sounds like a normal man.

That really bothers moby.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2020, 08:50:46 AM by AnonMod »
War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength.
George Orwell 1984

Offline Confederate

« Reply #929 on: May 18, 2020, 08:23:30 AM »
The difference is you are a Westerner trying to blend in. People in my circle have no idea I am not Russian.

Were you actually raised in Russia?

You must be completely fluent in all aspects.
George Orwell 1984

Offline msmob

« Reply #930 on: May 18, 2020, 08:41:08 AM »

I'm not trying to 'blend in' .. I just don't speak.. THEN they know..

Now, apart from your new 'fan', Confed, who hasn't been to the FSU 'in a while' as he's 'too old' could you explain how you are SO out of touch with reality as to attitudes of most young RU people ?
« Last Edit: May 18, 2020, 08:51:20 AM by AnonMod »

Offline Confederate

« Reply #931 on: May 18, 2020, 10:49:46 AM »
I'm not trying to 'blend in' .. I just don't speak.. THEN they know..

Now, apart from your new 'fan', Confed, who hasn't been to the FSU 'in a while' as he's 'too old' could you explain how you are SO out of touch with reality as to attitudes of most young RU people ?

Shadow doesn’t engage in braggadocio, unlike you, therefore he already has 100X your credibility.
George Orwell 1984

Offline msmob

« Reply #932 on: May 18, 2020, 11:30:31 AM »
Shadow doesn’t engage in braggadocio, unlike you, therefore he already has 100X your credibility.

'Confederate', you best stay in your trailer checking out conspiracy theory vids... I KNOW it butt-hurts you, but my 'galavanting' in the FSU is well-documented, as are my RU 'bizinez' partners ...in RU, Cyprus and Georgia .. 

Come the Russian F1 GP it's MY voice ( in English) that the 100K plus have to put up with on the PA system asking them to be upstanding for the RU national anthem ;)

Offline mhr7

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #933 on: May 18, 2020, 12:27:51 PM »
You are correct that most Russians do not care about politics, especially when talking to Westerners who will just talk bad about their politics and country.The eternal badmouthing of Russia makes Russians very wary of Westerners in general and English speaking especially.I could get you the opinion of about 20k people, but I am sure your own is much more correct.....to you.

I've had numerous Russians start conversations with me about politics when they find out I'm an American, especially taxi drivers. They usually want to know my opinion about current US politics and most of them are very open about putting down their own country. They also frequently ask which country I prefer, the US or RF. I always tell them I love both countries.
"After your death, you will be what you were before your birth." - Schopenhauer

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #934 on: May 18, 2020, 02:44:14 PM »
As seems usual you do not get it. I see both sides, but I do not choose a side here.Ukraine has what people call free elections, yet there still is a civil war (do not think that is over just because the news has stopped) and the people elected show time and time again to be no better than their predecessors.Opposed to that is a country where people realize that their government has its issues, but also that the effect for the country and population is positive in general.

The war is not truly a civil war, because it was fomented and funded by a foreign power.

I don't think you can really blame Ukrainians for electing people who do no better than their predecessors.  It's the fault of power structures, rather than people. 

This post was composed without the aid of google.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #935 on: May 18, 2020, 02:46:12 PM »

Some may not (until you open your mouth), others do but don't tell you.

This post was composed without the aid of google.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541319
Total Topics: 20860
Most Online Today: 2843
Most Online Ever: 12701