It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Hello from Australia.  (Read 12921 times)

Offline Wayne

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: None (yet)
Re: Hello from Australia.
« Reply #50 on: March 23, 2017, 09:57:14 AM »
You are getting advise from people who have not been to Crimea in the last 3 years, or never!
I went to Crimea in fall of 2014. I needed a special Russian visa for Crimea. I had to get a special form for Crimea from the Russian Embassy, and send it to my wife. She filled it out and sent it back by express mail. It took about 2 months altogether to get the visa for Crimea. It was valid for 90 days. Then I planned my trip and bought airplane tickets.

I few to Moscow on 3 flights from my home in USA. Then I had a separate round trip ticket on Transaero Airlines to Simferopol. This airlines is now out of business.

The problem is, if you enter Crimea through Russia, you are already in big trouble with Ukraine and have broken their laws. If you then try to cross from Crimea by road into Ukraine you will be caught.

All train service and stations in Crimea were shut down when Russia took Crimea.

If you go to Crimea, then want to go to Ukraine, you could fly at least 3 flights to get to Kyiv. Try: Simferopol to Moscow, Moscow to Frankfurt, then Frankfurt to Kyiv.

Most all tourist attractions in Crimea have been closed. Some examples:

Swallow's Nest
Famous lion park
Swim with dolphins
Zoo in Sevastopol
Nude beaches
Famous music festival in summer
Greek city in Sevastopol

Even fishing has be curtailed.

You will wait in a very long line to register your Crimean visa or pay a bribe.

I would suggest that you ask the woman in Crimea if she is willing to travel to Ukraine to see you.

Offline Bounder

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #51 on: March 23, 2017, 03:54:02 PM »
Why not marry a Syrian refugee?  Instead of you paying $13,000 in fees you probably will receive some support from the government.

Put up 13,000 in Canada and you can bring in a Syrian. There won't be any special government support, other than the regular services available to immigrants and refugees. But a Canadian could certainly do this if they can show 13,000 Canadian funds (more if she has children).

Offline Terryrnz

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #52 on: March 25, 2017, 09:42:49 AM »
You are getting advise from people who have not been to Crimea in the last 3 years, or never!
I went to Crimea in fall of 2014. I needed a special Russian visa for Crimea. I had to get a special form for Crimea from the Russian Embassy, and send it to my wife. She filled it out and sent it back by express mail. It took about 2 months altogether to get the visa for Crimea. It was valid for 90 days. Then I planned my trip and bought airplane tickets.

I few to Moscow on 3 flights from my home in USA. Then I had a separate round trip ticket on Transaero Airlines to Simferopol. This airlines is now out of business.

The problem is, if you enter Crimea through Russia, you are already in big trouble with Ukraine and have broken their laws. If you then try to cross from Crimea by road into Ukraine you will be caught.

All train service and stations in Crimea were shut down when Russia took Crimea.

If you go to Crimea, then want to go to Ukraine, you could fly at least 3 flights to get to Kyiv. Try: Simferopol to Moscow, Moscow to Frankfurt, then Frankfurt to Kyiv.

Most all tourist attractions in Crimea have been closed. Some examples:

Swallow's Nest
Famous lion park
Swim with dolphins
Zoo in Sevastopol
Nude beaches
Famous music festival in summer
Greek city in Sevastopol

Even fishing has be curtailed.

You will wait in a very long line to register your Crimean visa or pay a bribe.

I would suggest that you ask the woman in Crimea if she is willing to travel to Ukraine to see you.

I had no issue for getting a visa  for Crimea and didn't have to apply for special visa. Not here in Australia anyway ,took less than 2 weeks just booked my flight from Moscow and booked hotel in Sevastopol, took printouts to the travel agent, paid the fee to them they got invitation letter and that was it, maybe its different for you Americans or maybe because it was 2014 when things there were a little more tense who knows but my visa is for 3  days in Moscow, 2 in St Petersburg, then Simferopol, Sevastopol and yalta for one week.

I'm going to Ukraine before I go to Russia and my flight to Moscow is via another country, so they can say that it's illegal to visit there but would be impossible for them to know or even do anything about it.

Offline Terryrnz

« Reply #53 on: March 25, 2017, 09:59:51 AM »
Someone else here tried to tell me not to bother with someone from Crimea because they "heard" from someone that in the U.S they were denying visa applications from Russians that came from the Crimea area, I don't know if there's any truth in that or whatever  but when I asked immigrantion Australia about it on the phone they laughed about it and said no that's not the case here.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
  • Trips: > 10
Hello from Australia.
« Reply #54 on: March 25, 2017, 11:44:05 AM »
Are you meeting a girl(s) in each city?  Moscow, St Petersburg, then Simferopol, Sevastopol
and Yalta? or just seeing the sites? 

FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #55 on: March 25, 2017, 12:44:26 PM »
Someone else here tried to tell me not to bother with someone from Crimea because they "heard" from someone that in the U.S they were denying visa applications from Russians that came from the Crimea area, I don't know if there's any truth in that or whatever  but when I asked immigrantion Australia about it on the phone they laughed about it and said no that's not the case here.

No, he said you should check it out.  I believe he meant before you waste time and money.

And, he meant that Crimeans could not obtain spousal visas in Russia.  That is current US policy, although the pro Russia new US administration could change that.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Terryrnz

« Reply #56 on: March 25, 2017, 10:06:32 PM »
Are you meeting a girl(s) in each city?  Moscow, St Petersburg, then Simferopol, Sevastopol
and Yalta? or just seeing the sites?
Just going to Moscow and st Petersburg for the sites, not meeting anyone there then going to Simferopol in transit taxi from there to Sevastopol where I'm meeting a lady and she suggested we go to Yalta for a visit while I'm there.

Offline Terryrnz

« Reply #57 on: March 25, 2017, 10:16:46 PM »
Okay can't remember exactly what he said but yea that's not a case in Australia and hopefully it does change for you guys in the future now that you have Donald Trump :)
Crimea is definitely out of the way from where I'm going in Ukraine etc having to go via Moscow but the lady I've been talking to there seems great, we have a lot in common and what I know so far she seems like a really genuine down to earth person so spending some extra money in flights is not a bother for me and I can visit a few other sites along the way. I'm not going to Ukraine and Russia with just the intention of finding a lady, I'm going as a tourist on holiday to sight see and meet up with a few ladies I've been getting to know along the way. I am actually really fascinated by that part of the world, studied Russian language in school and last few weeks been seeing a private tutor to brush up on my Russian,

No, he said you should check it out.  I believe he meant before you waste time and money.

And, he meant that Crimeans could not obtain spousal visas in Russia.  That is current US policy, although the pro Russia new US administration could change that.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #58 on: March 25, 2017, 11:15:39 PM »
I'm not a fan of Trump, but his presidency is neither here nor there to me, as I'm not American.  But, I do not support the lifting of sanctions on Crimea.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Yes

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #59 on: March 26, 2017, 01:42:41 AM »
To the OP. It's business as usual in Crimea these days. You can find whatever you want, and things are as they were before Russia rightfully took back ownership of Crimea. Go and enjoy yourself, it's a great place.

Of course, it went through a transition after the government changed in 2014.

New building is going on and Ukrainians are still going there for vacation (by driving and entering through Russia from the east) as they still have relatives and other reasons to visit and spend their money. Yes, they can't come in through the Ukraine/Crimea border. This is as of September 2016 (is that relevant enough).

The sanctions will be lifted eventually IMO, and Crimea will stay Russian. Nevertheless, they will not affect you one way or the other.  I have no problems travelling there as an American and a New Zealander will have no problems as well.

As far as the real estate market in Crimea goes, my understanding from people whom own property there, is that only the high-end market is stagnating. Middle-to-low-end real estate is turning over as normal.

Whether anyone here, or in the world likes it or not, Crimea will not be part of Ukraine again. Sanctions will not have much of an effect on this fact moving forward.

Offline Terryrnz

« Reply #60 on: March 26, 2017, 01:44:03 AM »
I'm not a fan of Trump, but his presidency is neither here nor there to me, as I'm not American.  But, I do not support the lifting of sanctions on Crimea.
They will be lifted eventually under a Trump presidency,.what's the point, and a country like Russia aren't going the fold to economic sanctions, sanctions only end up hurting the general population. That fact is Crimea probably  isn't going back to Ukraine, Russia have invested billions in building a bridge to the region and most of the people  I've talked to from that region have always seemed to make it a point to me that they're Russians and supported the movement that happened  there without even bringing the subject up, the others are definitely in the minority no surprise. Borders and countries have always changed throughout history that's part of life.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 01:46:04 AM by Terryrnz »

Offline Terryrnz

« Reply #61 on: March 26, 2017, 01:46:33 AM »
To the OP. It's business as usual in Crimea these days. You can find whatever you want, and things are as they were before Russia rightfully took back ownership of Crimea. Go and enjoy yourself, it's a great place.

Of course, it went through a transition after the government changed in 2014.

New building is going on and Ukrainians are still going there for vacation (by driving and entering through Russia from the east) as they still have relatives and other reasons to visit and spend their money. Yes, they can't come in through the Ukraine/Crimea border. This is as of September 2016 (is that relevant enough).

The sanctions will be lifted eventually IMO, and Crimea will stay Russian. Nevertheless, they will not affect you one way or the other.  I have no problems travelling there as an American and a New Zealander will have no problems as well.

As far as the real estate market in Crimea goes, my understanding from people whom own property there, is that only the high-end market is stagnating. Middle-to-low-end real estate is turning over as normal.

Whether anyone here, or in the world likes it or not, Crimea will not be part of Ukraine again. Sanctions will not have much of an effect on this fact moving forward.
👍 Agree

Offline Boethius

« Reply #62 on: March 26, 2017, 02:08:02 AM »
The EU just extended sanctions another six months.

I don't really care if Crimea is returned to Ukraine.  It was seized contrary to international law, and in a world which is ruled by treaties and law, there must be consequences to rogue nations. 

Offline Terryrnz

« Reply #63 on: March 26, 2017, 02:28:22 AM »
The EU just extended sanctions another six months.

I don't really care if Crimea is returned to Ukraine.  It was seized contrary to international law, and in a world which is ruled by treaties and law, there must be consequences to rogue nations.

The EU is a corrupt institution, Merkel has ruined Germany. The last time I was in Berlin I barely recognised the place and was forced into a fight with 3 Muslims who ended up cheap shotting be from behind and stealing my iPhone, Paris is in the process of building a bullet proof glass wall around the Eiffel Tower :| UK are leaving. International law also considers Jerusalem being an occupied city, but there's never going to be a Palestinian state, should the west sanction Israel, of course not.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 02:31:18 AM by Terryrnz »

Offline Boethius

« Reply #64 on: March 26, 2017, 02:29:44 AM »
None of which negates the illegal annexation of Crimea.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #65 on: March 26, 2017, 12:27:36 PM »

The EU is a corrupt institution, Merkel has ruined Germany. The last time I was in Berlin I barely recognised the place and was forced into a fight with 3 Muslims who ended up cheap shotting be from behind and stealing my iPhone, Paris is in the process of building a bullet proof glass wall around the Eiffel Tower :| UK are leaving. International law also considers Jerusalem being an occupied city, but there's never going to be a Palestinian state, should the west sanction Israel, of course not.

Glad there's someone here who agrees and not even from Europe which shows that if an outsider is also finding the same problems then there is something wrong with the EU. The EU just isn't dealing effectively with the matters it faces including some of its own doing such as the Euro. It's focus of late has been on demonstrating how they are in control in Europe by choosing to do very little about its problems if it so chooses. I face some stuff being nicked when in Rome a couple or so years ago - again the result of EU farce. These reasons are why Britain has had enough - we doon't want to pur up with the sort of bs you had to go through when in Berlin, Terry.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Boethius

« Reply #66 on: March 26, 2017, 12:39:12 PM »
There were thieves in European cities long before East Europeans joined the EU (thanks to the UK, which really pushed their admission), and long before there were migrants/asylum seekers in their cities.  I had a friend who had a wallet stolen from a zipped purse on the Paris metro.  This was in 1977, so those evil migrants can't be blamed, nor can Roma pickpockets.

When I lived in Kyiv, I knew the restaurant where the city's pickpockets congregated.  For the most part, it wasn't tourists they targeted.  The restaurant is still there, so I would hazard a guess the pickpockets are as well. 

Offline msmob

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #67 on: March 26, 2017, 09:42:22 PM »

OMG ..   here we go ..

Please tell us HOW Merkel has 'ruined' Germany ?  Allowed too many non-Ayrian, 'non-Christians' for you ?

Sure, the EU needs to audit it's accounts and publish them, but aren't you are being a might OTT?

That the UK is leaving and that is daft enough in itself - should be good news for Antipodeans as the EU meant Visas - so I expect one bonus MIGHT be the UK suspending Visa controls ... I wonder if 'Oz / NZ will want to reciprocate ;)

Offline Terryrnz

« Reply #68 on: March 26, 2017, 10:17:09 PM »
There were thieves in European cities long before East Europeans joined the EU (thanks to the UK, which really pushed their admission), and long before there were migrants/asylum seekers in their cities.  I had a friend who had a wallet stolen from a zipped purse on the Paris metro.  This was in 1977, so those evil migrants can't be blamed, nor can Roma pickpockets.

When I lived in Kyiv, I knew the restaurant where the city's pickpockets congregated.  For the most part, it wasn't tourists they targeted.  The restaurant is still there, so I would hazard a guess the pickpockets are as well.
The thieves and pickpockets are really what I was getting at, it's all the ones who shoot up night clubs in France, shoot up a cartoon offices because they made fun of their prophet, attack people with axes in Germany in the name of their religion and drive buses through crowds of people.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540892
Total Topics: 20846
Most Online Today: 1958
Most Online Ever: 12701