It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Hello from Australia.  (Read 12946 times)

Offline Terryrnz

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 1 - 3
Re: Hello from Australia.
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2017, 12:43:10 PM »
I don't know viber, yet if like Skype it is the best way to get to know a FSUW before deciding to meet her.

Good reasons.  Keep a couple of calls is not enough to confirm your feelings.  Keep talking and see if the conversation becomes even better.   And you should eventually be able to discuss  personal issues such as values (important to have a reasonable understanding before deciding to visit)

Understandable, and I did the same.   

This subject may come up as you talk more and more.  Don't voluntarily tell any of them you are visiting different areas.  If they ask, be honest and then change the subject.  Never, never, never discuss any of the other women. 

You will find many FSUW can be just as materialist as your Ferrari loving locals.  This can be especially true for the 9s and 10s, who have been spoiled by FSU men and have a sense of entitlement.  Your phone conversations should reveal whether this is true for the particular women you like.   

I found FSUW to be more forgiving of men's physical looks, with the criterion jokingly being "better looking than a monkey."  My opinion is that you certainly will pass the physical appearance test other than many FSUW will reject the tats.  However, FSUW  will be more demanding about behavior.   You should read some of the RWD archives that address "real men" and "strong men."

FSUW are women, and some can be high strung and some can be superficial.  Enough video calls should be able to identify the latter.  The former......maybe.   

Wishing you the best.  You will enjoy very much the journey of discovery.  Figuratively, don't hang a sign around your neck saying "WIFE VACANCY."   Show confidence,  pride, and selectivity.

Viber is an app and if they have it on their phone you input their phone number and it gives you free txting, calling and video calling but just users data or internet.

Thanks for the advice :)

Offline jone

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2017, 01:42:04 PM »
The more frequently used application in Eastern Europe is WhatsApp.  It is not such a resource hog, but does not have video.  I actually like it better.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline Bounder

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2017, 01:51:49 PM »
Welcome here Terry!  I wish you all the best in your search. Good you have got an early introduction to JayH and understand that he is living in some alternate reality. He's even confused about what jurisdiction Crimea is under these days.... Ah, what can you do?

There's a girl that I met a couple of times who came to Moscow from Dnieproprevosk about 15 years ago. Her parents live in Crimea these days. She was last there in September. She said it's pretty much the same as always, except that prices have gone up (not hard for prices to go up from Ukrainian prices) and social services and infrastructure have improved. FWIW
« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 03:38:51 PM by Bounder »

Offline Bounder

« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2017, 02:23:44 PM »
Your friend will have no visa or passport issues travelling to Simferopol on a Ukrainian passport according to this article, the Ukrainian nationalism stuff dangerous though yes probably.

http://www.lonelyplanet.com/eastern-europe/travel-tips-and-articles/crimea-under-russian-rule-what-has-changed-for-travellers

If I have followed correctly, I think the "friend" you are referring to is JayH.  :o

Offline Bounder

« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2017, 02:29:43 PM »
The more frequently used application in Eastern Europe is WhatsApp.  It is not such a resource hog, but does not have video.  I actually like it better.

The new versions of Whatsapp have video capability and it seems to work well. My experience throughout this region is that Whatsapp is quite widespread. In Moscow, I've quickly learned that it would be positively weird if a person 40 and below did not have whatsapp. It seems to be a primary form of communication since all you need is wifi or a data plan.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2017, 03:10:56 PM »
Hi Terry & welcome to the forum,

I like yourself do not really care much for the politics of the region, I am first and foremost there to find love, not get involved in the in's and out's of it all. The girls I have met & corresponded to tend not to bring it up, only if they live real near those regions and even then some just don't want to know about it. That said I think Crimea is a place where you could be risking danger to yourself if you go there. The Russians will be all over the place and it will likely be heavily militarized. For a local this is not so much a problem but for a foreign guy Russian officials may look  upon you with suspicion or worse. There are likely less risky places to search for a gal. Though I guess at least the competition from other foreign men will be thin on the ground ;D 
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2017, 03:41:02 PM »

FSUW are women, and some can be high strung and some can be superficial.  Enough video calls should be able to identify the latter.  The former......maybe.   

I would tend to agree Gator, I've found high strung I don't often mind, with the right girl, perhaps younger girl it can be quite humourous, funny even :D kind of like a harsh cold wind biting at you, but at least you know there odds on sound enough. Superficial is a problem, if they are not being harsh every so often then chances are they are superficial and likelihood is it won't work out. I've found high strung personality come out more in messaging than on video chat. But once the girl get comfortable with you... lol
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Anotherkiwi

« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2017, 04:44:59 PM »
Just a simple question, Terry:

If you've had your hand and neck tattoos lasered off, why post old photos showing them?

Offline Bounder

« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2017, 06:07:21 PM »
Just a simple question, Terry:

If you've had your hand and neck tattoos lasered off, why post old photos showing them?

I sure am glad I never got tattoos!

Offline southernX

« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2017, 09:11:00 PM »
will look into immigration rules but can't see it being an issue. I don't have an Australian passport have a New Zealand one which allows us to work in Australia though so partner ship visa goes through the NZ side of things and I can't see NZ denying a visa because the person comes from a contested part of Russia etc. I can see country like USA or some European countries doing it but honestly things are a little more relaxed here. Will look into it anyway thanks

terry

i would highly reccomend you check with imigration or an immigration agent in regards  to who you can sponsor on your new zealand passport into australia if your living here in australia , i dont think you can ,

my memory from another kiwi i know who attempted the same was a fail .she had to get her own skilled migration visa here , then permanant residency 2 years later ....
 im fairly sure if you dont hold an aussie passport , you cannot sponsor anyone here

if you use your NZ passport , you would need to reside in new zealand

id also check on the process of imiggration from crimea , even with the ''new russian ''passports issued there , it is worth checking first mate with IMMI or an agent ....  the documents she would need to provide would certainly show her residence and her last 5-10 years of living status etc in sevastopol , as well as her bitrh certificates etc

even though you have 3 to meet, its worth having all info up front mate before you get too deep in ime

hard to walk away once you have met and become involved etc with any  one of them

NZ may not deny a visa , but the legal hoops become much more complicated often , so you need to be eyes wide open imo mate

partner visa or defacto is very hard to meet , unless you have lived together over there for more than 1 year .... fiance visa is your best bet if she moves to NZ or australia on another visa , you will still need to prove you have lived together for more than ayear, and i think she must be offshore before she can apply .  it is usually more difficult for partner visa

kharkiv is a great city , lots of good women there , most speak russian as well as ukrainian , if there over 25 they may identify as russian to some degree ,because they where born in USSR  but under that age it will be ukrainian who speak russian ime

your behaviour /manners &  attitude will be what determines your success , not your skin colour or the tatts

dress sharply , keep clean , no tshirts , or make them polo , good shoes , keep a reign on your wallet , be a gentlemen in your dealings with the women you meet

you are our ambassador , you represent all other kiwis/aussies while your there at present we have agood rep in both places , so look after it   ;D

SX
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2017, 10:08:37 PM »

Welcome to the forum Terry. When visiting my wife for the first time, her mom asked me if I had any tattoos. I did not. Later I asked her what she would've thought if I did have tattoos. She told me she would've told her daughter not to marry me.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Terryrnz

« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2017, 10:42:42 PM »
I have already talked to immigrantion about it and said you can on on a New Zealand passport living in Australia called defacto relationship or family visa for New Zealanders, my good mate here done the same he has a NZ passport only lives here but his girlfriend from Serbia while he was travelling now lives he's on defacto relationship visa, he told me  he had to show them all of their messages, photos etc to prove they were in a relationship. She's lived here now 2 years they have a 2 year daughter and are engaged.
terry

i would highly reccomend you check with imigration or an immigration agent in regards  to who you can sponsor on your new zealand passport into australia if your living here in australia , i dont think you can ,

my memory from another kiwi i know who attempted the same was a fail .she had to get her own skilled migration visa here , then permanant residency 2 years later ....
 im fairly sure if you dont hold an aussie passport , you cannot sponsor anyone here

id also check on the process of imiggration from crimea , even with the ''new russian ''passports issued there , it is worth checking first mate with IMMI or an agent ....  the documents she would need to provide would certainly show her residence and her last 5-10 years of living status etc in sevastopol , as well as her bitrh certificates etc

even though you have 3 to meet, its worth having all info up front mate before you get too deep in ime

hard to walk away once you have met and become involved etc with any  one of them

NZ may not deny a visa , but the legal hoops become much more complicated often , so you need to be eyes wide open imo mate

partner visa or defacto is very hard to meet , unless you have lived together over there for more than 1 year .... fiance visa is your best bet if she moves to NZ or australia on another visa , you will still need to prove you have lived together for more than ayear, and i think she must be offshore before she can apply .  it is usually more difficult for partner visa

kharkiv is a great city , lots of good women there , most speak russian as well as ukrainian , if there over 25 they may identify as russian to some degree ,because they where born in USSR  but under that age it will be ukrainian who speak russian ime

your behaviour /manners &  attitude will be what determines your success , not your skin colour or the tatts

dress sharply , keep clean , no tshirts , or make them polo , good shoes , keep a reign on your wallet , be a gentlemen in your dealings with the women you meet

you are our ambassador , you represent all other kiwis/aussies while your there at present we have agood rep in both places , so look after it   ;D

SX

Offline msmob

« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2017, 11:23:18 PM »
The more frequently used application in Eastern Europe is WhatsApp.

Is it ? - Not my experience. According to this article, of last year, Whatsapp is more Popular in Russia, with Viber more so in Belarus, Moldova and Ukraine.

http://www.similarweb.com/blog/worldwide-messaging-apps

It is not such a resource hog, but does not have video.  I actually like it better.

Whatsapp uses less bandwidth to send messages to other users than Viber - important if one of you has a poor connection or has a data limited service cap, but Viber can also be used to - with credit - to make calls to non users and can run - more easily on multiple devices, simultaneously.

For video calling, Skype works better than Viber - in my experience - holding on to the Video - where Viber will 'let it go' during a slow down, wile Skype - lets you know you have 'crap ' connection - between parties, but doesn't automatically turn off the video - a pain if one of you is on the move.

I have all three on my smartphones. But one has to be careful with Viber/Whatsapp  - as you can end up with many IDs - if you use it with pay as you go sim cards and get different numbers for each trip. Best to pay a for a good data plan when in a third nation and connect your 'home' phone to a Wifi network created by the local sim in a second smartphone - then you can send receive msgs or make calls on the home device using to your 'home' Viber / Whatsapp account.

This isn't an issue with Skype has one id working across many platforms- irrespective of your cell / mobile number.

Offline southernX

« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2017, 07:29:52 PM »
I have already talked to immigrantion about it and said you can on on a New Zealand passport living in Australia called defacto relationship or family visa for New Zealanders, my good mate here done the same he has a NZ passport only lives here but his girlfriend from Serbia while he was travelling now lives he's on defacto relationship visa, he told me  he had to show them all of their messages, photos etc to prove they were in a relationship. She's lived here now 2 years they have a 2 year daughter and are engaged.

did you do this verbally or do you have something in writing terry ?/

pretty sure the fine print will advise you must have lived together for at least 12 months with defacto or partner visa 

anyway , im sure you will manage

SX
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

Offline ML

« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2017, 07:48:31 PM »
She told me she would've told her daughter not to marry me.

And I would not have married you either.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2017, 11:53:12 PM »
And I would not have married you either.

You're anti tattoo like my MIL? I've got no tattoos but you're out of luck, I'm spoken for now.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2017, 01:19:57 PM »

Excellent point  ;D

Welcome to the forum!
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline Terryrnz

« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2017, 07:40:05 AM »
terry

Okay yea you were right about the defacto relationship visa you have to be living together for a year, my friend got around it as they both lived in Bali for a year before here as he worked out of Perth mining etc. Talked to border control Australia and they basically said for New Zealand passport holders we need to have had our SCV special category visas in 2001 which I had and that gives us the same as Australians regarding this, she said you'd need to look at prospective marriage visa which takes 12 months processing time and a $6500 fee and that allows the person to come to Australia then you have 9 months to get married and then there's another $6500 fee. Also regarding Russian passport holders from Crimea boarder control told me  it does not matter, as long as they have a Russian passport the region they come from will not affect their immigration to Australia.

SX

Offline Gator

« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2017, 12:55:14 PM »
     she said you'd need to look at prospective marriage visa which takes 12 months processing time and a $6500 fee and that allows the person to come to Australia then you have 9 months to get married and then there's another $6500 fee.   

Why not marry a Syrian refugee?  Instead of you paying $13,000 in fees you probably will receive some support from the government. 

Offline southernX

« Reply #44 on: March 20, 2017, 06:22:10 PM »
so if you stay the course the best option will be the fiance/prospective marriage visa

this requires that you have met in person in any country , spent some time together and developed a relationship ,

this is easier to prove with documents, photos, and other substantive evidence , such as plane tickets, hotel bookings, copies of phone records, skype records etc , as well as all the legal docs IMMI here will make you both provide

id suggest terry that right from now you start a seperate file /folder either in your pc or a paper copy of all your serious contacts and communications and save as much as you can of this type of evidence

while that may seem full on at this stage , if you start now it will be very handy later when you need that information and it is all ready to go , with which ever lady you may find in your search

SX
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 07:57:04 PM by southernX »

Offline Terryrnz

« Reply #45 on: March 21, 2017, 12:30:48 AM »
Why not marry a Syrian refugee?  Instead of you paying $13,000 in fees you probably will receive some support from the government.
haha nope😑
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 12:36:30 AM by Terryrnz »

Offline Terryrnz

« Reply #46 on: March 21, 2017, 12:34:54 AM »
so if you stay the course the best option will be the fiance/prospective marriage visa

this requires that you have met in person in any country , spent some time together and developed a relationship ,

this is easier to prove with documents, photos, and other substantive evidence , such as plane tickets, hotel bookings, copies of phone records, skype records etc , as well as all the legal docs IMMI here will make you both provide

id suggest terry that right from now you start a seperate file /folder either in your pc or a paper copy of all your serious contacts and communications and save as much as you can of this type of evidence

while that may seem full on at this stage , if you start now it will be very handy later when you need that information and it is all ready to go , with which ever lady you may find in your search

SX
Yea man already started screen shotting all past messages, flight intinery and hotel bookings for my trip in July and saved them to my HD.

Offline Yes

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #47 on: March 21, 2017, 03:40:22 AM »
Always good to know i can come back here and get relevant information about the FSU; for 2005 ;).

Some thoughts; Terry is 32, not 55, so the women he'll be chasing will be in the 22-28 range give or take, not 45-50. Tattoos are much more accepted nowadays by the younger crowd than ever before.

Just from what I can see in the summer and at the gym, I'd say about 30-40% of girls under 30 have some sort of tattoo. The reason you won't be able to see then in a photo, for instance, is because the girls don't come any where close to tatting themselves up like girls in the West, and most tats are hidden under their clothes, i.e. the tatts are usually smaller and less noticable.

I also know many girls whom don't have tats, yet have no problem with a guy who has them. One girl in particular comes quickly to mind, and if you met her, you would think she is the sweetest, most conservative girl in the world. Her b/f is 15 years older than her, is seriously tatted, has piercings, and about as close to a mohawk as you can get without actually going full on.

I, myself, have lower the bar on FSUW with tatts because I have met (and dated) some with tatts and they are super people. One, super athletic gymnast I have recently met, has a small neck tattoo and an ass you can bounce quarters off of. Exceptions abound :P.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 04:13:14 AM by Yes »

Offline Terryrnz

« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2017, 06:00:36 AM »
Always good to know i can come back here and get relevant information about the FSU; for 2005 ;).

Some thoughts; Terry is 32, not 55, so the women he'll be chasing will be in the 22-28 range give or take, not 45-50. Tattoos are much more accepted nowadays by the younger crowd than ever before.

Just from what I can see in the summer and at the gym, I'd say about 30-40% of girls under 30 have some sort of tattoo. The reason you won't be able to see then in a photo, for instance, is because the girls don't come any where close to tatting themselves up like girls in the West, and most tats are hidden under their clothes, i.e. the tatts are usually smaller and less noticable.

I also know many girls whom don't have tats, yet have no problem with a guy who has them. One girl in particular comes quickly to mind, and if you met her, you would think she is the sweetest, most conservative girl in the world. Her b/f is 15 years older than her, is seriously tatted, has piercings, and about as close to a mohawk as you can get without actually going full on.

I, myself, have lower the bar on FSUW with tatts because I have met (and dated) some with tatts and they are super people. One, super athletic gymnast I have recently met, has a small neck tattoo and an ass you can bounce quarters off of. Exceptions abound :P.

Yea the oldest lady I'm talking to is 29 she is the one I seem to have most in common with so far without having met yet, it's only my arms and leg tattooed, I'm about 1-2 more laser session off to neck and hands being gone which I regret something I done when I was 20 but oh well live and learn. None of the ladies I talk to have tattoos but I have made it clear from the beginning and all of said yes it's not as common where they live but not and issue for them at all. They obviously looked at my pictures first before contacting me as everyone I'm talking to has initiated conversation.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2017, 09:20:47 AM »
it's only my arms and leg tattooed,

Send photos of yourself with your tattoos exposed. If the ladies can accept it, they'll keep writing to you without even you having to bring the subject up. Some women over there don't like to see men in shorts so might want to hold back on those pics. Lots of good info and tips here to read before your trip in July. The more you know, the better trip you'll have.

most tats are hidden under their clothes,

I can imagine a guy pulling off a woman's panties and inscribed down there is "Tattoo man was here first. LOL"

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541017
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2385
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 2260
Total: 2271

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:57:04 PM

Re: Plumber earnings by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 09:37:55 PM

Plumber earnings by ML
Yesterday at 07:49:26 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 07:23:34 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 06:28:48 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:48:07 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Yesterday at 04:37:18 PM

If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:17:08 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Yesterday at 01:09:03 PM