It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Hello from North Carolina  (Read 23573 times)

Offline Gator

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Hello from North Carolina
« Reply #75 on: April 05, 2017, 07:14:04 AM »
I can retire at 50, so I would probably have a 7-8yr old when I retire. 

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt. 

My 8-yo did not rob time from me; instead he expanded my life in fulfilling ways.  I also had a 12-yo when I retired.  Every summer the three of us would take extended, all-male trips together to bond, to explore the world, and to learn life lessons.  During the school year, we did school team sports and other activities.  Both sons were  smart and did not need nor seek help with school lessons.   

Today my grown-up sons are very thankful for those days, and wish we had done even more together. 

You need to decide how you want to spend your time in living your life.   I commend you for deliberating the tradeoffs  before you make such a permanent commitment. 

My kids are 8, 12, 13.  Their mom is a lesbian now, in any case they know we are not getting back together.  Teens are very much about their friends and social life, so my oldest kids would probably barely notice new wife and future kid.

Agree. 

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #76 on: April 05, 2017, 08:15:07 AM »
Agree it takes time.  As for reasons to not have more children there are many.  Its a huge financial investment for one, especially with obamacare wreaking our health care system.  Its effects ability to travel freely.  I can retire at 50, so I would probably have a 7-8yr old when I retire. 

It is very much hit and miss.  But having a new kid is probably easier than mixing already grown kids mixed.  I had a live in girlfriend for several years and things went well with her kids she already had.  My kids are 8, 12, 13.  Their mom is a lesbian now, in any case they know we are not getting back together.  Teens are very much about their friends and social life, so my oldest kids would probably barely notice new wife and future kid.

Although teens are very much about their own lives, they will be very aware of other kids and your relationship. How they react will depend on the woman and your reaction. Every man who had children and has posted here has had issues. Some were able to work it out. Others divorced.

You will not know if it is going to be an issue until you are married.  The only thing the better half and I ever argued about was disciplining our children, and they are our biological children.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

drsecu

« Reply #77 on: April 07, 2017, 07:06:35 AM »

Although teens are very much about their own lives, they will be very aware of other kids and your relationship. How they react will depend on the woman and your reaction. Every man who had children and has posted here has had issues. Some were able to work it out. Others divorced.

You will not know if it is going to be an issue until you are married.  The only thing the better half and I ever argued about was disciplining our children, and they are our biological children.

Agree with everything, but I would have the same situation with a women here also.  It is something I will have to deal with, just greater stakes are involved when someone may potentially be moving from their home country of course.

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #78 on: April 07, 2017, 01:14:31 PM »
No, you would not. An American woman comes from the same culture, with an understanding of its cultural cues and norms. Plus, any FSUW you marry will have spent far less time with your children than most AW you would have dated and married, unless you plan to move to the FSU for a period.

It's your life and, of course, your decision. I'm just pointing to the reality of 99.99% of the relationships reported, or that I've seen, so it's not a shock to you. I've even seen a few wth FSUM with children and women here  (where the FSUW dumped him and the kids and is out of the picture).  Same dynamic.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #79 on: April 07, 2017, 03:37:48 PM »
The kid issue is the biggest thing for sure, it seems the FSUW go onto dating sites as a last effort to have a kids.  First messages to me are always do you want more kids,

It's not that FSU women are desperate to have babies, they don't beat around the bush wasting time with men who have different goals. Most younger women definitely want kids. They got tons of men writing them. I don't blame them asking questions to discard men with different goals faster.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

drsecu

« Reply #80 on: April 16, 2017, 11:52:46 AM »
One of the russia ones is meeting in Ukraine in a couple months (her home country). I stopped initiating new conversations around the time this thread was started, but still have the dilemma of what do about others I have talking one.  I've been working with the theory that most of the girls are probably talking to others in some form or another so it is OK for me to do it also.  Than I have a backup plan if it doesn't work out.  In any case this thread and the other reading has been very helpful.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541387
Total Topics: 20862
Most Online Today: 3932
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 2840
Total: 2850

+-Recent Posts

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine by krimster2
Today at 07:36:35 AM

Re: Navigating the longest story ever told by Stirlitz
Today at 02:18:56 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine - Senate just passed the Bill! by Stirlitz
Today at 02:12:24 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine - Senate just passed the Bill! by Trenchcoat
Today at 01:56:55 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine - Senate just passed the Bill! by krimster2
Yesterday at 07:07:31 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 11:31:49 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Manny
Yesterday at 11:07:15 AM

Re: international travel by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:50:04 AM

Re: international travel by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 08:20:37 AM

Re: Trippin........... by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 08:06:00 AM