It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: ukraine visa  (Read 6142 times)

Offline donedidit

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: None (yet)
ukraine visa
« on: March 29, 2017, 08:44:21 AM »
What is the best way for someone living in Ukraine to obtain an international passport and travel visa to U.S.,also what is the cost and how long does it take.Thank you in advance for any respones.

Offline msmob

• Trips: > 10
Re: ukraine visa
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2017, 08:58:11 AM »
dmsu.gov.ua

If you can afford the extra a third party like Dokument can help

http://pasport.org.ua/poslugi/zakordonnij-pasport

You an get a new Intl. passport for 35-45 USD

As for a Visa for the US ... I'm leaving THAT for US citizens to help ... I'm guessing you will have an interesting time  getting one - unless you are sponsoring the person and can proof they have compelling reasons to go back home :(

Good luck

Online Hammer2722

• Spouse's Country: Belarus
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2017, 09:23:33 AM »
What is the best way for someone living in Ukraine to obtain an international passport and travel visa to U.S.,also what is the cost and how long does it take.Thank you in advance for any respones.

Its not so easy for a Ukrainian citizen to get a tourist visa to the US. They will have a lot of info to provide to prove they won't overstay. Have you visited your person of interest in Ukraine yet? That's usually what we recommend for first meetings.
every ship can be a minesweeper at least once...

Offline jone

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2017, 09:30:44 AM »
Its no so easy for a Ukrainian citizen to get a tourist visa to the US. They will have a lot of info to provide to prove they won't overstay. Have you visited your person of interest in Ukraine yet? That's usually what we recommend for first meetings.

Hammer is absolutely correct.  While the Visa fee is around $175 for application, all that buys you is  an interview with the Consular office in Kyiv.  In order to get a visa to the US you have to PROVE that you are going to return to Ukraine.  And you have to PROVE that you won't be a burden to the US.  This is typically done through job, bank accounts, family responsibilities, etc.  There is no set formula for obtaining this visa.  A consular officer can go through an entire day without granting a visa to one applicant out of the 30 or so they see.

The services offered by locals who know the system are better to use than people here in the US.  They know who is getting visas and who is not.  I know of applicants who have attempted three times without success to get visas. 

Oh, you might want to enter the GREEN CARD LOTTERY.   It is a lottery that selects people to come to the US based on chance.  Once here, they have an open opportunity to get a permanent visa and then citizenship. 

Keep in mind that the above is for a TOURIST visa.  Getting a visa for a fiancee is a different and more successful venture.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline Wayne

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2017, 09:33:41 AM »
It depends upon the citizenship of the person. "living in Ukraine" could be anybody!

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2017, 09:45:29 AM »
I'm guessing you will have an interesting time  getting one - unless you are sponsoring the person . . .

USA is different from many (most) other countries for tourist visa.

USA does not require an invitation letter and does NOT want the person to be sponsored money-wise.  We want the person to bring in new money to USA.

And particularly, if a Ukrainian woman were to try for visa to USA and even TELL that she has a male USA friend (let alone that he was paying) this would doom her chances, in most cases.

- - - - -

The rules are entirely different for persons applying for permanent residency in USA based on family relationships.

Then they must have a sponsor and that sponsor must show financial resources.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline msmob

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2017, 10:44:16 AM »
Thanks ML

Proves what happens when a non citizen 'advises' on local immigration rules  :redface:

Offline GQBlues

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2017, 10:48:00 AM »

For the most part, this is the line of questioning from someone who likely ( are about to take ) took the *I Come To Visit You* bait scam.

Take heed.
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline donedidit

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2017, 07:55:44 AM »
I should have explained myself a little better.I have been married to women from Ukraine for thirteen years. This visa would be for her sister and her son,she has another son who is unable to come at this time.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2017, 08:38:03 AM »
I should have explained myself a little better.I have been married to women from Ukraine for thirteen years. This visa would be for her sister and her son,she has another son who is unable to come at this time.

Your in laws Ukrainian passports are good enough for them to travel abroad. The tourist visa to America is harder to get. Your sister in laws chances to get one go up if she has a good job, big money in the bank, property, and leaving kids at home. The interviewer at the American consulate factors this into his/her decision. They need to see motivation for her to come back to Ukraine and these factors minimize someone violating a tourist visa. If your sister in law says she's visiting family, that may even hurt her chances in getting a tourist visa since her motivation for violating the visa goes up.

You can pay for the application and interview and if it doesn't work out, you can immediately apply for another tourist visa at a cost. Sometimes all it takes getting a different interviewer. Or if you don't get a visa the first time for your in laws, write your congressman a nice letter and they may be able to help. Your congressman/woman can't ask the consulate to break the law but the consulate is much more likely to cooperate with someone who votes on budget issues.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2017, 08:47:25 AM »

Like how many exactly?  ;)

If just 'one', then presumably your wife's a US citizen (?) now. If so, then chances are good her sis and nephew can get their status approved to visit you guys.

In terms of how to acquire international passport for her sis, your wife should know. Cost for visa, maybe you can surf this site for proper information: http://ua.usembassy.gov/visas/nonimmigrant-visas/

My in-laws (Russia), I believe paid about $150.00/EA when they renewed their visas. They sent their applications, along with their passports through Pony Express and got it back in 3 days with a 3 year, multiple entry visas.

Good luck.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 08:50:11 AM by GQBlues »
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline pokerintherear

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2017, 08:55:08 AM »
This topic always comes with a lot of information which is not correct.

Most tourist/visitor visas to the USA are done electronically regardless of country. You apply online through the US embassy located in your home country. The fee is $165.

You must fill out the online application correctly and completely to have a chance of the visa being issued. There is not a way to send supporting documents with the online application.

They will determine to issue a visa or not based on the information from the online application. You must pay your fee then schedule an interview appointment after the online form is submitted. (supporting documents are not required for the interview) What does this tell you? You are welcome to bring them to the interview but there is a good possibility the interviewer will not ask for them. I would say the decision is made before you arrive for the face to face. Most likely to match up what they see on the application to the person they see in front of them.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2017, 09:14:08 AM »
Most tourist/visitor visas to the USA are done electronically regardless of country. You apply online through the US embassy located in your home country. The fee is $165.

Correct. Easy to apply and not too expensive. Can be done over and over regardless of how many times rejected as long as you pump that money their way.

I would say the decision is made before you arrive for the face to face.

Also correct. My MIL was denied right away without much discussion from the Ukrainian bitch who had a reputation of denying almost everybody. People in the waiting room of the consulate that's been denied previously all know who she is. The second time, with a letter and phone call from my congressman's office, my MIL tried to present paperwork to a different interviewer but he, an American, said "I know who you are" and she got a tourist visa easily.

Just so people understand, the purpose of tourist visas are for bringing foreign money into America, not for family visits where YOU are paying their way. Interviewers are supposed to use guidelines in their decision making and discretion between interviewers varies. Some interviewers don't want to be known as the person that approves everybody or the one who owns the most visas approved and then violated. They want to keep their job.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline ML

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2017, 09:27:15 AM »
Your in laws Ukrainian passports are good enough for them to travel abroad.

Not for sure.
There are two types of passports in FSU countries:  Internal and External.
All have Internal (above a certain age), but not all have External.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline donedidit

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2017, 12:07:40 AM »
the good part my wife is a U.S. citizen,the bad part my sisterinlaw is divorced ,her ex-husband is a drunk and she is a retired school teacher trying to survive on a sixty dollar a month pension.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 12:12:26 AM by donedidit »

Offline jone

« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2017, 09:30:03 AM »
Woman, a good woman, ex-husband a drunk?  That's never happened before in the FSU as far as I know.....
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

drsecu

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2017, 11:59:07 AM »
Fly to Canada and walk across the 4000 miles of unsecured border.  No one will notice.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541382
Total Topics: 20862
Most Online Today: 2286
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 2276
Total: 2286

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:31:49 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Manny
Today at 11:07:15 AM

Re: international travel by krimster2
Today at 09:50:04 AM

Re: international travel by 2tallbill
Today at 08:20:37 AM

Re: Trippin........... by 2tallbill
Today at 08:06:00 AM

Re: Trippin........... by Trenchcoat
Today at 06:09:50 AM

Re: Trippin........... by ML
Today at 05:21:01 AM

Trippin........... by 2tallbill