It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: new bio metric passport for Ukraine  (Read 8762 times)

Offline AkMike

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: Resident
Re: new bio metric passport for Ukraine
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2017, 04:27:22 PM »
Have someone hold your place in line of course!   :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Just like waiting for a new Iphone release!  ;)

Offline BillyB

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2017, 09:40:12 PM »
Have someone hold your place in line of course!   :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

For 2000 hryvnia? For that money, just pay one of those professional elderly line standers near the front. They've waited six hours so you don't have to. Of course there's a horde of those professionals there adding 8 hours to the wait time.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline calmissile

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2017, 03:35:56 PM »
Update on the waiting lines for the new UA passports.

As I understand it (from my wife currently in Kiev), there is a two step process.  First you have to get into the office and submit your documents and then wait for the passport to get processed later.

She paid someone $100 for herself and $100 for our daughter to get in front of the line.  They walked right in and submitted their documents and provided the biometric data for the passports.

She tells me that people are showing up at 3 A.M. to stand in line.  They are only able to handle about 200 people per day.  So, I guess you could be standing in line all day and still not reach the head of the line.  :)  She was a successful businesswoman in Kiev for many years so knows how to grease palms and get things done.

She is now waiting for the expedited processing to get completed and receive their passports.  It can still take weeks for the processing even after paying the expedite fee and she is beginning to sweat a little.  She purchased non-refundable airline tickets for both of them to visit Israel and is worried about getting the new passports in time for her trip.

Fingers Crossed....   :)

Doug (Calmissile)

Offline southernX

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2017, 06:12:41 PM »
Cal

my wife has just recieved her new passport here in australia

total time from application here in canberra to arrival was 5 weeks , standard application with no expedition of process

hang tight  ;D

SX
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

Offline BdHvA

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2017, 06:19:31 AM »
Does anyone have any information on how long non bio-metric Ukraine passports will be valid?

I understand Ukraine if requested will still issue a non bio-meteric passport

Experierence is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you. A. Huxley

Offline BdHvA

« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2017, 07:07:32 AM »
Close to the intersection of Ivano Frankivsk and Moskowskaya is a new passport/visa center. They can generate (for a fee) a new passport and SOME visas in less than 5 working days.

Oddly enough both there and at the regular (in Perchesk) civil office there are no long lines.

I should point out that my flight returning from KBP to America via CDG (Paris) was about 80% full with the majority of passengers being business types, the second largest group seemed to be students. No one clapped when we landed.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 07:17:50 AM by BdHvA »
Experierence is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you. A. Huxley

Offline LAman

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2017, 09:17:32 AM »
Does anyone have any information on how long non bio-metric Ukraine passports will be valid?

I understand Ukraine if requested will still issue a non bio-meteric passport

I would think validity of both types of passports to be same.

Yes, you can still request non bio metric passport, it is ~150uah cheaper than new type
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Offline LAman

« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2017, 09:27:52 AM »
Close to the intersection of Ivano Frankivsk and Moskowskaya is a new passport/visa center. They can generate (for a fee) a new passport and SOME visas in less than 5 working days.

Oddly enough both there and at the regular (in Perchesk) civil office there are no long lines.

I should point out that my flight returning from KBP to America via CDG (Paris) was about 80% full with the majority of passengers being business types, the second largest group seemed to be students. No one clapped when we landed.

I am not sure if you are talking about a new govt service centers for passport, Gotovo, where lines are shorter and longer working hours. This is where you pay the extra 400uah.

The regular immigration offices, OVIR, are where most Ukrainians apply, the queues have been long. This is where you (unofficially)have to apply for passport based on your nominal residence. I am surprised you said no long lines.

Offline BdHvA

« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2017, 09:49:11 AM »
My wife got a new non bio-meteric passport for her son at the office, when we went to collect it the lines were almost non existent.

My main concern is the visa in the new non bio metric passport. I suspect though the issue will arise on the border.

Offline LAman

« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2017, 10:00:31 AM »
My wife got a new non bio-meteric passport for her son at the office, when we went to collect it the lines were almost non existent.

My main concern is the visa in the new non bio metric passport. I suspect though the issue will arise on the border.

I don't understand why your wife got her son a regular passport knowing he will be leaving Ukraine.

When you picked up passport, was it the same place you submitted paperwork for passport? Not sure why you went to both special service centre and regular immigration centre.

Offline BdHvA

« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2017, 11:31:09 AM »
My wife is Ukrainian - frugal andI determined I went to the new center because I am curious by nature.  Her objection to the bio metric passport is moral. And in my opinion you do not want to argue this point with a woman of Slavic background.

Offline ML

« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2017, 01:27:27 PM »
  Her objection to the bio metric passport is moral.

Maybe the bio part includes info about sexual preferences, drinking habits, whether you missed Sunday church services, your real hair color, etc.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541387
Total Topics: 20862
Most Online Today: 3932
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 2853
Total: 2863

+-Recent Posts

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine by krimster2
Today at 07:36:35 AM

Re: Navigating the longest story ever told by Stirlitz
Today at 02:18:56 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine - Senate just passed the Bill! by Stirlitz
Today at 02:12:24 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine - Senate just passed the Bill! by Trenchcoat
Today at 01:56:55 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine - Senate just passed the Bill! by krimster2
Yesterday at 07:07:31 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 11:31:49 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Manny
Yesterday at 11:07:15 AM

Re: international travel by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:50:04 AM

Re: international travel by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 08:20:37 AM

Re: Trippin........... by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 08:06:00 AM