It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Looking for a wife while unemployed... could it be a problem?  (Read 13819 times)

Offline Bobimy

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: None (yet)
Looking for a wife while unemployed... could it be a problem?
« on: August 07, 2017, 01:34:53 PM »
Hello,
unfortunately I'm unemployed right now (living on welfare). Do you think this could a turn off for women?
What do you think?

Thank you for your answers
Best Regards

Offline Nightwish

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Looking for a wife while unemployed... could it be a problem?
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2017, 01:48:42 PM »
For most yes, for all, no.... some like fish, some hate it..  same principal but....

but how will you afford to secure someone else's future as well with only welfare? how afford to travel to her? how afford to move her and her belongings to your country?
How afford anything other then living...
I would say not to many are willing to move to a lesser life...

Or are you looking for a sugarmommy? Plenty of rich older women, maybe especially in Russia, looking for love.. maybe that could be something :)
Multitasking means screwing up several things at once.

Offline BdHvA

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2017, 02:07:04 PM »
 :clapping:

I suspect you have a different persona elsewhere in this flora.

But as a general observation is there not a local market where you can select a bride?
Experierence is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you. A. Huxley

Offline BillyB

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2017, 02:15:26 PM »
unfortunately I'm unemployed right now (living on welfare). Do you think this could a turn off for women?
What do you think?

If two guys approach a woman, one has a job and the other doesn't, who do you think the woman will prefer to be with? Chances are the women you write will have other guys writing her. She'll factor all the pros and cons among her suitors and choose what she thinks is best. Being unemployed is a big strike against you.

Are you intending to remain unemployed or is this something you want to be temporary? If temporary, focus on getting a job before getting love. When I was a young child, my mother asked me what I'm going to do when I grow up. I told her first I'm going to find a wife, then buy a house and then get a job....in that order. Don't do things backwards. Won't work well for you.

Dating internationally is more expensive dating locally. Women over there know it cost money to fly to them. They expect you to be able to do that and sustain yourself while you're visiting them. Being unemployed will give them doubt you'd even jump on a plane and thus, they are less likely to correspond with you thinking it's a waste of their time.

I don't know what it is like in Italy but in America, we have to prove to the government that we can financially support the woman we intend to bring over. If we do not have financial means to the government's satisfaction, we can have a co-signer pledge to help support the woman. I had a part time truck driver that got married to a Filipino lady and had his dad help him co sign for her since he didn't make enough money. After she got here and worked two or three jobs at any given time, he quit to be a stay at home dad. They had four children together. I don't know how she worked those jobs and pumped out those kids for so long without divorcing him. But there are a few women like that out there that don't need much financial support from their man.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2017, 05:31:14 PM »
Hello,
What do you think?

Best Regards

Most women are more cautious than are men, so I think for most women, it would be an issue.  It may be less so for women from some parts of Ukraine or, say, Uzbekistan, where unemployment is very high.  I think it would depend on what your standard of living is.  Furthermore, even if you could find a woman, if you are stressed financially (I assume you are, don't know), it would put a lot of strain on a relationship.  Money is a major factor in break ups.  Do you have your own home which is stable?  Can you spend money on clothing, education, etc. for a wife, or is that covered by the government?  Would money be an issue, that is, would you have to budget carefully with little left at the end of the month?
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline ML

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2017, 08:42:31 PM »
It will work for you; just concentrate on women who have high paying jobs that allow  them to work from almost anywhere.

e.g. A fashion model who is in demand in several countries.
e.g. A woman who is running her own internet based business.

These women usually have very few men interested in them, so they are very receptive to men who contact them.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline jone

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2017, 09:57:27 PM »
ML,

He might want to concentrate on women who also already have their VISAs to his country.  That way he doesn't have to mess with the qualification stuff, either. 

Perhaps a profile that says:

Hello, I'm indigent.  Would you come to my country to take care of me, pay my bills and cook and clean for me.  You have to be at least a 9/10 on the sexy scale and know that I can never take care of you.  Must have valid visa to visit/live here and be independently wealthy. I offer you permanent residency in exchange for all of the above.  Please send photos with response.

- that should bring 'em in.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2017, 11:15:05 PM »
Hello,
What do you think?

Best Regards

Yes it will turn most off since they are looking for a guys that are able to support them and unemployed will not instill them with confidence. Even if you have your own house and decent amount of funds available it will no doubt be a turn off for them.

My guesses are you don't have a lot in funds, maybe not your own house. There are a few women that will visit home country, I had one who was a Bank Manager type and said when she was visiting, on reflection I didn't think we would be a good match/be into her so I didn't meet (think she was calling up a fair few guys anyway, was in her thirties).

So unless your rich then the best thing I think you can do is concentrate on setting yourself up decently, a house, a job, a reasonable bit of money in the bank. Until then with most women in FSU you will be wasting their time and your time since even if you visited you would not have the finances to take the relationship any further and would have to go back to square one again.

Most FSU as I am finding out think virtually every WM is flush with money and will want you to buy her everything (unless she is quite wealthy already). This is a big financial burden on a guy and her expectations tends to be that a WM should provide more than a local man. So in UK for example, if you have a bog standard wage job (say around £20,000 a year) own your own home and have few outgoings you are only just fulfilling the basics and would be looking for the little extra to make an easy go off it. Some have no doubt done it on less or hoodwinked their woman into believing they are more wealthy than they are. In the past I've seem profile on dating sites from women living up north in UK in grotty areas and I think to myself, hmmn I know what probably happen there, she probably got with a guy she thought was well off only to get with him and find otherwise and is now living in some shitehole in a northern England slum area, lol.   
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline BC

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2017, 12:02:26 AM »
Welcome Bobimy,

might want to review http://www.meltingpot.org/La-procedura-per-il-ricongiungimento-familiare.html

There should be little or no problem with immigration, especially if you are already married.  The income requirements pretty much match what one receives on welfare/unemployment.

Of course, you might find it more difficult to find a woman that would accept your current financial circumstances, but if you are honest with her, have a decent place to stay and run across the right woman certainly doable.  Might even be a blessing in disguise by avoiding those purely interested in a lifestyle upgrade.

My circumstances way back in the mid 80's was fairly similar..  I was the illegal immigrant from the US, married my EU girlfriend with two toddlers who was on welfare, lived in subsidized housing, got married had another kid and started my life from scratch.  Think I had two grand in my pocket and a dog.  Didn't even have a car.. did have a bicycle though.  Within 5 years was self employed, small company with 15 employees.  Within 10 years bought a nice villa here in the south with cash on the table and for the last 20 years semi-retired consultant with steady customers to pay the bills.   So yeah everything is possible, just takes work. 

I think being shy might your biggest hurdle, here or there..  maybe try working on that a bit first?

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2017, 08:36:39 AM »
Welcome Bobimy,

might want to review http://www.meltingpot.org/La-procedura-per-il-ricongiungimento-familiare.html

There should be little or no problem with immigration, especially if you are already married.  The income requirements pretty much match what one receives on welfare/unemployment.

Of course, you might find it more difficult to find a woman that would accept your current financial circumstances, but if you are honest with her, have a decent place to stay and run across the right woman certainly doable.  Might even be a blessing in disguise by avoiding those purely interested in a lifestyle upgrade.

My circumstances way back in the mid 80's was fairly similar..  I was the illegal immigrant from the US, married my EU girlfriend with two toddlers who was on welfare, lived in subsidized housing, got married had another kid and started my life from scratch.  Think I had two grand in my pocket and a dog.  Didn't even have a car.. did have a bicycle though.  Within 5 years was self employed, small company with 15 employees.  Within 10 years bought a nice villa here in the south with cash on the table and for the last 20 years semi-retired consultant with steady customers to pay the bills.   So yeah everything is possible, just takes work. 

I think being shy might your biggest hurdle, here or there..  maybe try working on that a bit first?

It might but it will be most women I would have thought, that or he'll be used as a stepping stone by a woman that will just use him for immigration then go for the upgrade once in the country - plenty of them around, lol. If he's luck's in then who knows he might end up with a good'un.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline msmob

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2017, 08:50:23 AM »
Trench - you doing it - again ....     like you are 'qualified' to observe - based on your inability to choose, wisely ;)

Offline Brianinaz

« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2017, 08:12:23 PM »
Yea, well that kinda sums up where the whole FSU women thing has gone! Geeez really?

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2017, 03:17:11 AM »
I mean check out this guy, forum members on here state how much money it can take and this guy doesn't even have a job and people here are saying its a goer yet lambaste me when I state I have some money to spend on all this and am in work, can provide (to a certain extent), etc.

Offline msmob

« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2017, 03:30:59 AM »
[some] people here are saying its a goer yet lambaste me when I state I have some money to spend on all this and am in work, can provide (to a certain extent), etc.

As ever, Trench you read what you want to see ...

Your issue is that you are tight and clueless - yet 'advise' others ...

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2017, 11:17:42 AM »
Hello,
What do you think?

Best Regards

Get your crap together first, then look for a woman.
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline Anotherkiwi

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2017, 05:58:48 PM »
Get your crap together first, then look for a woman.

That's a bit harsh, Bill.  We don't know WHY he's unemployed or what steps he's taking to end that situation (if he's physically able to).

However, if he's not close to retirement age, is healthy and has marketable skills, I agree!

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Looking for a wife while unemployed... could it be a problem?
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2017, 12:27:46 PM »
That's a bit harsh, Bill.  We don't know WHY he's unemployed or what steps he's taking to end that situation (if he's physically able to).

However, if he's not close to retirement age, is healthy and has marketable skills, I agree!

He asked for advice. If he had extenuating circumstances, example he is independently
wealthy but unemployed then he should have said so. I always advocate getting your
ducks lined up first.

I've been in his situation and what I did was to get my personal crap in order, then back
to the hunt.

« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 12:29:37 PM by 2tallbill »
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2017, 06:47:12 AM »
Funny actually, one of the women I briefly messaged online when I started this search openly stated to me that she was looking for a partner in UK because of the social security system. She was this side of FSU but of Chinese looking decent. I didn't get back to her after that as I want someone who is into me not into the social security system in the UK. Though of course its not to say that she was looking for someone unemployed it may have been a thought as a fall back. In Italy I believe there has been some big unemployment problems in recent years and their government is the next one after Greece with big debt problems. So it is probably hard for Bobimy to get a job which I can understand in that situation. Whether he is poor and reliant on welfare he should have really made clear. If so even if he meets a woman online it will be a case of where they live and who works as both relying on welfare may not be an option. That's my thoughts.

For sure I think Bill is right when he says get your crap together first. I think the first time I went out to Ukraine I thought its just a case of meet girl, you get on and a little way down the track you get it together. For some this might happen but for many it looks like the guy needs to be reasonably well set up to ensure the road ahead together is a viable option (as ML so often says increasing income is very important). This is what I'm going to be working on this winter and I reckon by Spring I will be in a good position on all of this :)     

Offline Jumper

« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2017, 09:10:44 AM »
- that should bring 'em in.

O ye of little faith. ..

I went with :

Short, dodgy, unemployed ,unshaven, tattoed, middle aged man-with most of his teeth and hair

Seeks:
 intelligent, beautiful,  employed, family oriented woman. ..with sense of humor.

Worked out just fine for me.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 09:40:05 AM by Jumper »

Offline jone

« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2017, 02:18:48 PM »
O ye of little faith. ..

I went with :

Short, dodgy, unemployed ,unshaven, tattoed, middle aged man-with most of his teeth and hair

Seeks:
 intelligent, beautiful,  employed, family oriented woman. ..with sense of humor.

Worked out just fine for me.

WHAT WAS SHE THINKING?  Actually Ira has pretty good taste in men. 
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline Jumper

« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2017, 02:40:01 PM »
   I'd beg to differ.
Her one big flaw is obviously poor eyesight, and another is that soft spot for
Scruffy strays !
:ROFL:
« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 08:24:23 PM by Jumper »

Offline msmob

« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2017, 09:46:36 PM »
In Italy I believe there has been some big unemployment problems in recent years and their government is the next one after Greece with big debt problems.

Hmm

I see our Trench is as enlightened re Govt debt levels as he is re social interaction:

More education for you, Trench

The Darkest coloured nations have the most govt debt...( related to GDP)  .. You might like to check the stats ... The 'Chinese' looking FSU lady's nation likely has less public debt - proportionally than the UK, USA .....
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 06:14:10 AM by msmob »

Offline BC

« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2017, 11:13:22 PM »
Just talking in general terms lacking further specific info, Bobimy may well be in the almost 60% homeowner group without a mortgage.  http://www.oecd.org/els/family/HM1-3-Housing-tenures.pdf  Someone in Italy is almost 3 times as likely than in the US to own their home outright and this is not restricted just to those that are well off.  That probably represents 30+% of a decent salary anywhere.  Can be anywhere, there's usually no 'poor' side of town.  Paupers and millionaires can live side by side. Property taxes practically zero. Think I paid 15 bucks for our villa on a good acre of land.  Whether one is on unemployment, welfare or whatever healthcare is universal and 'free' so what's that worth as a % of income?  Other factors, cellphone charges are cheap here. a 10gb per month plan will cost you 5 EUR for a month include practically unlimited calls and SMS and it's 10 EUR per month.  Fixed fast fiber internet installation around 30 bucks a month.  Food prices reasonable for decent home cooked meals and even eating out.  Immigration visa costs negligible, 50 bucks if that.  Travel costs well.. go figure a lot less than from the US for sure.  The further south you go chances are good you live near the ocean.  Lots of folks, even professionals work on the side and odd jobs for cash even if employed, much more so if unemployed, typically paid somewhere between 5-10 bucks an hour cash.  He probably has some savings as well if he's seriously considering a trip.

Just sayin' this to add some perspective.  If he's honest and finds a girl that loves him what's the problem.. She might find herself in a secure home or apartment near the beach or maybe even an ocean view, decent healthcare, fast internet, living a simple but debt free life without much stress with plenty of FSU folks around for company. A good cappuccino or coffee is just around the corner.  When her hubby finds a new job they'll have a month of vacation to enjoy together that same year and don't have to worry too much about saving for university level education if they decide to have kids.

My bottom line with discussions about the costs of this venture - If you need to go into any debt at all, don't go. 

Offline Jumper

« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2017, 07:57:54 AM »
BC, thanks interesting perspective.
I agree in general, and he could find a RW,as of course he can also find a local Italian woman.

My sticking point is more on principal, than reality.
Sure he may not be going into debt, as the debt is transfered to others.
Likely not the worst use if gov means tested funds,lol but
regardless if he is using money previously saved, or aquired thru cash side jobs,it's a choice of how to use those verse nessicities in life,so ultimately the general public would  be funding his search.
Since there is no deadline to be married by a certain calender date,
why the need to do so now?
There is never a need to look abroad, only a wish.Plenty of Italian women right?
So wait to look when he can foot the bill,  and be in a better position to bring someone else into the situation.

Maybe I'm just a jerk, but if a guy on welfare (different than unemployment ) in my county here in the u.s.(even with a paid off home) is making trips to the FSU bride hunting
It would strike me as wrong somehow.
I might be more sensitive to this issue, as I know a local couple where the unemployed man required a sponsor to bring his fiancee/wife. Yet now  he is still making more trips and seeing other girls while married. 
 Truth is stranger than fiction. :cluebat:

Offline BillyB

« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2017, 09:18:15 AM »
Maybe I'm just a jerk, but if a guy on welfare (different than unemployment ) in my county here in the u.s.(even with a paid off home) is making trips to the FSU bride hunting
It would strike me as wrong somehow.

Jerk!!! Unemployed and homeless men need love too and they deserve a smokinhotkova on their arm just as much as you deserve it you you hard working man.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540892
Total Topics: 20846
Most Online Today: 1958
Most Online Ever: 12701