It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: The Struggle For Ukraine  (Read 299760 times)

Online krimster2

• He/Him
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: Resident
Re: The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #1775 on: April 20, 2022, 08:32:14 AM »
can you prove that he DIDN'T say it?

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Surface water drones
« Reply #1776 on: April 20, 2022, 12:24:25 PM »
Wife read that USA is sending surface water type drones to Ukraine for use in Black Sea.  They attack ships and other watercraft.

Speculation was USA wants them tested out in Ukraine as it is felt they will be needed when China attacks Taiwan.

Anyone hear of this ?

In the most recent aid package approved several weeks ago, there are two (2) items being supplied to Ukraine before use by US troops. They are the 'Switchblade' drone and to your specific question, unmanned coastal defense systems.

The unmanned coastal defense vessels may be for surveillance―seeing where Russian ships are located so anti-ship missiles that Ukraine already possesses can target them―or could be turned into maritime kamikaze drones. This new capability could drive the Russian navy away from Ukraine's shores, hampering Russia's resupply of ground forces and relieving the western parts of Ukraine from the threat of an amphibious attack.

Because these new technologies are not widely available to the U.S. forces, this represents, in effect, a combat experiment. Ukrainians will learn how to use the new systems and pass that knowledge back to the U.S. military. (Source: http://www.csis.org/analysis/latest-aid-package-ukraine-major-escalation-support)

Any reference to their potential use in Taiwan is speculative, though easy to see how some may deduce that.

That same article addresses provision of howitzers as well as APC's, and addresses the changing considerations this new aid package represents.

Online krimster2

• He/Him
« Reply #1777 on: April 20, 2022, 02:45:17 PM »
Switchblade drones are also collecting real-word video data from the Ukrainian battle field to be used in the next generation “fire-and forget” autonomous versions that use “AI” to find targets, since the quality of the AI depends a lot on the training data, this data from Ukraine is really valuable compared to training on simulated targets

spossiba bolshoi Russ-see-ya wouldn’t wanna be-ya!

Postscript

Krimster’s Russian Travel Advisory

Los Americanos and other English speaking persons should avoid travel to Russia
This is because Russians have been brain-washed into a xenophobic blood lust and it just might get pointed in your direction, and I don’t think residents of “unfriendly” countries can expect ANY legal protection in Russia, therefor, I’d avoid Russia, cuz it’ll be open season on you for any random gang of street hooligans, and after you’re beaten to a pulp, YOU will be charged for ethnic/political incitement as a provocateur

this is based on my recent phone calls to starry druzya in Rostov
holy crap did I get an earful about Ukrainian Nazis, etc and these were people who were anti-putin a few years ago
so I can imagine the potential for getting your jhoppa kicked by drunk gopnicks is gonna be REALLY high

rwd123, NOW is the time for you to go to Russia me cobber!!
don’t worry they won’t hurt ya
« Last Edit: April 20, 2022, 03:18:59 PM by krimster2 »

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
Re: Surface water drones
« Reply #1778 on: April 20, 2022, 04:43:40 PM »
In the most recent aid package approved several weeks ago, there are two (2) items being supplied to Ukraine before use by US troops. They are the 'Switchblade' drone and to your specific question, unmanned coastal defense systems.

Big thanks for that info.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #1779 on: April 20, 2022, 06:30:47 PM »
Switchblade drones are also collecting real-word video data from the Ukrainian battle field to be used in the next generation “fire-and forget” autonomous versions that use “AI” to find targets, since the quality of the AI depends a lot on the training data, this data from Ukraine is really valuable compared to training on simulated targets

A Cyberdyne Systems T-800, what could go wrong?
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Online krimster2

• He/Him
« Reply #1780 on: April 20, 2022, 07:42:55 PM »
"A Cyberdyne Systems T-800, what could go wrong? "

John Conner is a tran-sexual and because he's denied his choice of restrooms, he turns into a social recluse and doesn't fight the bots, so they win...
the script practically writes itself

Heinlein had the idea almost 60 years ago, that ultra-realistic video games were actually made from real recorded battles, and that militaries recruited their top performers from the gamers
to go live and control real battles

I can see this happening in the near future

Offline Grumpy

• Spouse's Country: Moldova
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #1781 on: April 20, 2022, 09:29:25 PM »
More info on sunk ship:

http://novayagazeta.eu/articles/2022/04/20/a-lot-of-people-were-injured-many-lost-their-limbs

“My son told me that the cruiser had been hit from land, from the Ukrainian side. A fire wouldn’t just start for no reason. People were killed, some were injured, some went missing. My son called me when he got hold of a phone. Their documents and [personal] phones were left on the cruiser. He called me crying because of what he had seen. It was scary. Clearly, not everyone survived. They tried to put out the fire by themselves, after three Neptune missiles had hit the cruiser (Ukraine claims two missiles had struck the warship — editor’s note). As a mother, I don’t even know what to say. I’m just glad that my son has called me, that he is alive and well.
Good women are not cheap
Cheap women are not good
(but they can be a lot of fun)

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #1783 on: April 21, 2022, 12:29:45 AM »
Keep in mind, Putin has just awarded the butchers of Bucha. That’s the contempt with which this animal views Ukrainians.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
« Reply #1784 on: April 21, 2022, 01:30:48 AM »

Postscript

Krimster’s Russian Travel Advisory

Los Americanos and other English speaking persons should avoid travel to Russia
This is because Russians have been brain-washed into a xenophobic blood lust and it just might get pointed in your direction, and I don’t think residents of “unfriendly” countries can expect ANY legal protection in Russia, therefor, I’d avoid Russia, cuz it’ll be open season on you for any random gang of street hooligans, and after you’re beaten to a pulp, YOU will be charged for ethnic/political incitement as a provocateur

this is based on my recent phone calls to starry druzya in Rostov
holy crap did I get an earful about Ukrainian Nazis, etc and these were people who were anti-putin a few years ago
so I can imagine the potential for getting your jhoppa kicked by drunk gopnicks is gonna be REALLY high

rwd123, NOW is the time for you to go to Russia me cobber!!
don’t worry they won’t hurt ya
+5
I would even say for any westerners. Especially Americans, English, Baltians, Polish, German, and even French.
That's not the time to go to Russia. For safety reasons.
Krim is right, you will have no legal protection, therefore you can be the target of everyone, anytime.
Additionally, Police could stop you and take your phone to monitor it, and guess what, you have written some comments
THAT THEY THINK TO BE NOT IN FAVOR OF RUSSIA to a friend and suddenly guess what, some drug is discovered in your luggage or in your flat.
And you are sent to jail for years. You can kiss the ass of your attorney a thousand times you'll loose your time.

It works like this in authoritarian countries.
"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Offline Chelseaboy

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #1785 on: April 21, 2022, 01:36:40 AM »
Bo,

Putin has contempt for everyone...including his own people.

I remember his reaction when he was being interviewed by a British journalist on TV and when asked what happened to the Submarine that caught fire in 2019,killing 14 of it's crew,he smirked as he replied "it sank ".

He has no regard for human life..except his own..this is what makes the slimy creature so dangerous.

He really doesn't care how many Russian or any other countries people's lives are lost to achieve his own personal objectives.
Just saying it like it is.

Offline Chelseaboy

« Reply #1786 on: April 21, 2022, 07:45:36 AM »
Ukrainian pro-Russian blogger Valery Kuleshov ,whom many believed would be part of a new puppet Government in the Oblast ,has been assassinated  by insurgents outside his home in Russian errrr controlled Kherson.

Online krimster2

• He/Him
« Reply #1787 on: April 21, 2022, 09:37:34 AM »
I think Russia realizes that the limited “special military operation” is not capable of breaking Ukraine
so their choices are:

1. continue anyway, hoping to wear out Ukraine and Western backers after years of fighting (Syrian civil war has been going on for over 10 years, for example)

2. use WMDs, chemical agents are more likely than nuclear

3. full military mobilization, by raising 1-2 million soldiers, but this will take time

4. use their aging antique Tu-95 bombers for massive area bombardment of military and civilian forces, like the allies did against Germany in WWII, Russia has about 500 of these aircraft, and a LOT of retired crews who could be reactivated, likely not to be concerned if any of these 60 year old planes and crews are lost

May 4, is when they default on foreign loans, and of course Victory Day a few days after that
I suspect around this time is when they’ll declare their future strategy

Offline Nightwish

« Reply #1788 on: April 21, 2022, 10:19:04 AM »
The Dmitrievsky Chemical Plant near Moscow is on fire & beyond saving.
It’s one of Russia’s largest manufacturers of chemical solvents.

The Aerospace Defence Research Institute in Tver burned down earlier in the day. The “Iskander" and "S-400" missile systems were designed here.

We are starting to notice a pattern.  :devil:
Multitasking means screwing up several things at once.

Offline ML

« Reply #1789 on: April 21, 2022, 10:35:56 AM »

The Aerospace Defence Research Institute in Tver burned down earlier in the day. The “Iskander" and "S-400" missile systems were designed here.

We are starting to notice a pattern.  :devil:

I suppose something like this happens on a regular basis in Russia, just like in USA and other countries.

But let's hope it's actually due to some covert action which will increase.

In any event, it will give Putin more reason to punish the Ukrainian Nazis.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Online krimster2

• He/Him
« Reply #1790 on: April 21, 2022, 10:36:45 AM »
there were pro-Russian "auto ralleys" in Berlin, someone set fire to a row of cars there a few days ago
resistance is NOT futile

Offline Jumper1

« Reply #1791 on: April 21, 2022, 10:38:04 AM »
Ukrainian pro-Russian blogger Valery Kuleshov ,whom many believed would be part of a new puppet Government in the Oblast ,has been assassinated  by insurgents outside his home in Russian errrr controlled Kherson.
That's interesting.

The locals there  have been quite  restless the entire time it what was proported to be a pro russian city.

I saw   local.territorial  defense folks had put up signs in kherson a day of two ago basically  saying:

All russian occupiers and supporters of russian occupation.
Leave immediately, we are  here and we are near ,death awaits you, kherson is Ukraine!
No Z allowed
They had a Z with the international.red circle and slash across it .

Obviously the warning went unheaded.

And yeah while I understand what you mean CB, I wouldn't say insurgents.
I'd say the remaining local defenders of kherson.

Beo- I'm curious your take in something.

You have suggested a international audited vote in donbass regions.
I can understand that.

However ,  the usa electoral system (imperfect as it is) has a built in counter balance to a simple majority win by population centers,as it's the only reasonable way for the rural.areas ,which are the largest territory ,to have a voice.

Obviously donetsk,lughansk  would lilely be largely pro russian and have the numbers to carry the oblasts.
However it's seems apparent the villages and smaller cities are  pro Ukraine have been under Ukraine control most of this disputed time and welcome that.as they were treated particular poorly by the dpr thugs.

I guess like goergoa they could be relocated and likely many have .

I never see the media on.either side of this cover the common man's point of view. .
Its generally shown only from. nationalistic outspoken and highly involved individuals.
Granted the conflict will bring that out in both groups

But how would the average person ,in say slovyansk feel?

From what I've seen in more random.interaction vids(not interviews) they feel Ukraine is Ukraine ,and no love lost for the independent republic leadership.

Offline Jumper1

« Reply #1792 on: April 21, 2022, 10:40:04 AM »
can you prove that he DIDN'T say it?

I think MLs point was the quote is more attributed to saying the captilist would fight over the contract of who sold the rope to their would be hangers

Offline Jumper1

« Reply #1793 on: April 21, 2022, 10:50:42 AM »
I suppose something like this happens on a regular basis in Russia, just like in USA and other countries.

But let's hope it's actually due to some covert action which will increase.

In any event, it will give Putin more reason to punish the Ukrainian Nazis.

I think  the pattern of accidents shows it  isn't random.

I also more than think that the west* has fingers in every country 🤔 used or contributing* by influence   to such oppsies.
There are far more alphabet agencies than people are generally aware,and negotiations  in the back room, and unspoken but known concerns during those

Russia has as well in the west, so I wouldn't discount retaliation in kind over the course of this.

No black helicopters or tin foil hats here, that is just reality of the types of destructive assets every world power has..

Offline Chelseaboy

« Reply #1794 on: April 21, 2022, 02:13:43 PM »

We are starting to notice a pattern.  >:D

Looks like someone has  been reading my post 1707 on this very thread,which i posted seven days ago  >:D

Seems they couldn't wait as i suggested though,but of course they know the situation on the ground better than i do.

If Mad Vlad thought him and his Orcs could do what they like in Ukraine with impunity,without huge repercussions for him and his country, then he's an even bigger idiot than i already thought he was.

Offline Chelseaboy

« Reply #1795 on: April 21, 2022, 02:20:33 PM »
I think Russia realizes that the limited “special military operation” is not capable of breaking Ukraine
so their choices are:

1. continue anyway, hoping to wear out Ukraine and Western backers after years of fighting (Syrian civil war has been going on for over 10 years, for example)

2. use WMDs, chemical agents are more likely than nuclear

3. full military mobilization, by raising 1-2 million soldiers, but this will take time

4. use their aging antique Tu-95 bombers for massive area bombardment of military and civilian forces, like the allies did against Germany in WWII, Russia has about 500 of these aircraft, and a LOT of retired crews who could be reactivated, likely not to be concerned if any of these 60 year old planes and crews are lost

May 4, is when they default on foreign loans, and of course Victory Day a few days after that
I suspect around this time is when they’ll declare their future strategy

Regarding point 2,following the UK saying last week that if WMD are used by the Orcs in Ukraine then nothing is off the table regarding our response,well today the Cech Prime Minister said today on TV that NATO boots WILL be on the ground in Ukraine if indeed the Orcs use WMD against Ukraine.

We'd see how Putler's Army of child and women rapists and civilian executioners would fare then....i suspect the vast majority of them would surrender or flee.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2022, 02:44:57 PM by Chelseaboy »

Online krimster2

• He/Him
« Reply #1796 on: April 21, 2022, 04:47:00 PM »
Russians never travel in a straight line
they won’t just come out and use chemical weapons directly
totally NOT their style

it’ll be to use them surreptitiously, while blaming Hunter Biden’s secret Chinese funded nerve gas lab for supplying them

I can’t speak for Europe, but the USA’s strategy is to minimize damage to itself from this conflict, and within that strategy maximizing the damage it does to Russia, this means the USA won’t be taking ANY military risks

Europe has it seems a similar strategy, otherwise it’d cut off Russian gas use use completely and stop handing the Russians a billion dollars per day, but they can’t do that without hurting themselves
yes, European capitalists WILL hang themselves with the rope in the form of a Russian pipeline

Pootin will use the atmosphere of Victory Day to pronounce what is next in his great vision of world domination, because whatever it is will involve “sacrifice” from the downtrodden Russian people

I’m not sure what the West can do in response, due to their aversion to risk
a complete embargo of Russian gas, and universal sanctions on all things Russian, down to and including even part-time samichki sellers doesn’t seem to be “on the table” nor does sending the US Navy into the Black Sea for humanitarian assistance and covert supply runs…

it also doesn’t seem likely that Pootin will plan on continuing the current form of the war for the next decade or so, hoping to wear out Ukraine and the West…

Online krimster2

• He/Him
Re: The Struggle For Ukraine - New Russian Band idea: "The Dead Oligarchs"
« Reply #1797 on: April 24, 2022, 07:32:58 AM »
Russian oligarchs who died by “suicide” since January

Sergey Protosenya + wife and daughters
Vladislav Avaev + wife and daughter
Vasily Melnikov + wife and sons
Mikhail Watford (Tolstosheya )
Alexander Tyulyakov
Leonid Shulman

Offline ML

"The Dead Oligarchs"
« Reply #1798 on: April 24, 2022, 06:02:27 PM »
Russian oligarchs who died by “suicide” since January

Sergey Protosenya + wife and daughters
Vladislav Avaev + wife and daughter
Vasily Melnikov + wife and sons
Mikhail Watford (Tolstosheya )
Alexander Tyulyakov
Leonid Shulman

What happened to the previous standard method of death from 'falling out of windows?'

Online krimster2

• He/Him
« Reply #1799 on: April 24, 2022, 06:14:49 PM »
different hitmen
they each have their own methods
kinda like a signature
and that's all I really wanna say about that

+-RWD Stats

Members