It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: pretrip report to ukraine, 2005  (Read 41287 times)

Offline anono

pretrip report to ukraine, 2005
« on: January 26, 2005, 02:29:46 PM »
hello everyone, i'm planning my seventh trip to the FSU.  background: 48, first trip may 2003. most recent trip, over new years 2005.

i've been fortunate enough to have spent seven months in ukraine in 2004. i met a lot of women through different methods and it continues to evolve. briefly, most of my time spent in ukraine was with two major interests (ladies). one after the other, not concurrent :-)  

i've been to zaporojhe, foros, egypt and st. petersburg with one lady and kherson, foros and kiev with another. i spent a lot of time in kiev as well as dnepropetrovsk, kharkov, lugansk, kirvoy rog, nikolaev, odessa, yalta, chernovtsi, lviv, zaporojhe, kherson, sevastopol, simperopol.

i've taken taxi's, trains, buses, vans, boats, jets, turboprops, hydrofoils, tried to get on a helicopter at the peterhof in st. petersburg.

i witness a part of the orange revolution, picked up a little russian but not nearly enough, mostly due to the fact both ladies knew or learned english very fast.

i've learned more about myself, russian and ukrainian women and what it takes to meet the right lady.

this time i plan to go to kiev at the beginning of march. right now i have a two or three month timeframe. i write to some ladies through different agencies and methods. i also am exploring continuing relationships with a small number of ladies i already know from previous trips and time spent living in kiev.

i am a friend of jack bragg. i first learned of jack when i was reading the trip reports of a man by the name of leslie, who made several trips back in 2003 and now is happily married and living in england. my relationship with jack has evolved from that of an agency owner with an incredible knowledge of the woman of the FSU and with connections everywhere, to that of very good friends. (at least that's my estimation of the relationship :-) i still use jack for logistical support, advice an he always knows where i am when i am in the FSU.

if i am in ukraine in may, i will surely join jack's spring tour. i met my second major ukrainian lady at a firstdream/khersongirl's party at the disco in xepcoh (kherson). unless you are one of the lucky few, it really comes down to a numbers game and there is no better way to meet so many fine ladies in as little time as there is going on a firstdream  tour. now i feel like it's approaching the point where i'm going to want to get paid for any more free advertising, but i would not post this if it was not how i feel and anyone who knows me realizes that.

i am making the rounds this trip. i am going to use kiev as a base to visit all points ukraine as well as a foray into russia. i've learned a lot in the past two years and there is a lot more to learn. this time i feel i have enough knowledge of myself and what i am lookin for, i am optimistic this is going to be heck of a good year.

here's to 2005!

And the ladies of the FSU.

it is a cruel joke that the best ladies on the planet are on the other side of it.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2005, 02:39:00 PM by anono »

Offline Radical

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2005, 07:27:39 PM »
Damn, it must be nice to have that much time for visiting FSU country.  And I thought 4 weeks in UKR was a long time.

Got some friends over in Kiev and some translators if you need them.

Good luck, because it is getting much harder to find the "real deal"

My wife Tanya and I have a 15 m-o son, Max.  Could share some real horror stories with you in the "adventure" process. 

Also have some damn good questions to ask the ladies.  Let me know.

Mike

Offline tjberk

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2005, 07:34:07 PM »
I am also planning on an extended stay in the Ukraine or Russia, but I don't have nearly as much experience as you, and have only seen the larger cities of Kiev and St. Petersburg in Russia (3 times).  I am currently leaning toward making my home base in one of the Ukrainian cities.  What is your opinion on the best city to choose.  I suppose Kiev is an obvious choice, but what about some of the southern cities - Odessa, Sevastopol, etc. . ..   Is it difficult in these smaller cities due to lack of English speaking women?  I can generally get myself understood when I speak Russian, but cannot understand when natives speak.   Are the people in the smaller cities friendlier and more attentive and curious about foreigners?  What about the ladies?  I am also looking to do some travelling outside of my base, and I think that in Odessa, I can pretty much travel to Budapest, St. Petersburg, etc . . .  from out of their airport.  I'd appreciate hearing the pros and cons of Kiev versus Odessa, or open to other suggestions.

Offline Radical

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2005, 07:40:29 PM »
I would never spend much time in Kiev.  too many professionals there, and I mean gals who are only after your money.  Plus it is exceptionally expensive there.

My favorite place was DNK. spent 3 weeks there in '99.  during the summer.  It was great.  Back then it was extremely affordable.  A fraction of the cost of Kiev.

Also like Odessa.  Met my wife through a small agency there. HIGHLY recommend them.  Wife is from nearby Nickoleav (?sp) region. 

Advice: Pump some iron before going.  The girls like to see physically fit men.

Also buy an electronic translator - it's a must.

Offline anono

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2005, 03:00:29 AM »
hi rad, i do work out..what you say is true..

also, i agree with you about kiev..  i might rethink where i will spend most of my time.

tj, as to the type people, you'll find all kinds in every city..

Offline Turboguy

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2005, 07:10:06 AM »
Pump Iron,  My gal rubbed my tummy and asked If I were going to have a boy or a girl

Offline anono

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2005, 08:38:28 AM »
turbo..dude..that was funny!

Offline Bruce

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2005, 09:21:33 AM »
Anno - great to see you are posting your trip reports on this board.  By now you surely have the experience to truly make an outstanding choice (wife) for yourself.   I am glad you got over the "kid in a candy store" mentality without making a rash decision.  That (pulling the trigger too early) is a sand trap so many men live to regret.  I look forward to reading your future reports and sincerely hope they end in marriage.   :D 
"A word is dead when it is said, some say.  I say it just begins to live that day."  Emily Dickinson

Offline Dave_home

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2005, 09:52:45 AM »
Anno,

Sure sounds like fun to have done all that touring, I know I'd like it.  I'm flying to Ukraine soon for my 3rd time to pick up my fiance', she and her son live in Kharkov.

I've been of course to Kiev, and Kharkov only, I really like Kharkov very much, everything I found very affordable.  My fiance' and I especially like the open market in the streets. Very good clothing cheaper than good stores here in the USA. We plan to do some shopping there and bring back for each of us.  Any time of year I went to Kharkov I saw many many beautiful RW everywhere! of course you sure can see a lot more skin in the summer :-)  I only dated ONE RW and she happened to be the one for me.  I  wrote her a long time before I went to see her.  What luck to meet/stay with only one RW and she works out to be my match.  I've known her for 2 years now, and finally next month she will be here with me in America.

I hope you keep posting, I think it's very interesting the life in different places you have been to.     take care  Dave

Offline anono

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2005, 10:34:04 AM »
hi bruce and dave, thank you.

bruce, i have been thinking of posting more about the "kid in the candy store" and men on their first trip or two...

i remember my first trip. it was short (10 days). my interpreter came on to me and spent the night a fw times. the next day she would go with me on a meeting..it was wild and that's another story but i remember thinking..she's 25, she's got a great body...she's better than anything i'd find back home....

but she was a 6 compared to what's out there and as i got to know her, her personality was a little "down"..  my second trip i met a lady with a child..  here in the usa it is highly unlikely and even unusual if a woman does not have two or more children in my dating age range here. i had not really thought it through and eventually decided i did not want to be a stepfather or deal with all the complications.

the second major interest was also young, better than anything i'd find here, open with a great personality, but again, i found myself thinking she wasn't the one.

i think it takes some time to fully realize the potential you have here of finding someone as close to that 10 of what you are looking for..  it is a very real possibilty to find that 8.8 or 9.2

some men, because of the woman back home, are willing to latch onto the first woman they meet because almost all of these woman are better than what we have back home. 

dave, i think it's great you found the right lady and i also think some people just get lucky right off the bat and meet the right lady for them. maybe it's also just that it works. i tend to agree with one of jacks posts, that if you haven't dated other R/UW, how do ya know? but i do believe it's possible through writing and all, to narrow it down to one or  a few and you just might luck out and she be the one. sure saves a lot of time, money and effort in one area...!

and good luck with your new lady dave..i wish the best for you both.

Offline Goombah

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2005, 10:41:48 AM »
So where did you go and who was your interpretor? <smile>

Offline anono

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2005, 10:56:33 AM »
hi kevein..visited your page about "zilla"..  and i thought i had unusual interests and hobbies!

that trip was to kiev only. the interpreter had a german boyfriend she was always text messaging and the last i heard she is living in germany..

Offline Goombah

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2005, 11:04:16 AM »
So she was sleeping with you while text messaging her german boyfriend?  What was her first name?  

I have a female friend there that makes me believe this without thinking twice.  She was with her boyfriend (about to break off the relationship) when she was flirting with me via e-mail (and told me she didn't have a boyfriend).  She told me she was in love with a guy in California while living with another guy in Kiev... and is living with her third boyfriend now in, oh, 6 months.

She also had a german guy she considered a friend for the past two years that finally made it clear to me (at least, she still has a hard time believing it) that all he really wanted was a mistress.

Make me believe the stories about ladies living with a guy, but not considering them romantically - its just a practical thing.  Different world over there...

Kevin

Offline anono

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2005, 11:16:15 AM »
hi kevin, that was two years ago and i do not feel right identifying anyone. in fact, i made vague references to it on another RW BB and someone with a lot of time on their hands tried bluffing it out of this lady and actually contacted her.

so i'm not going to be naming anyone and if i use names, the likihood is that it's a pseudonym

regarding the rest of the post..i am sure a lot goes on that none of the women want us men to see.....  that's a given.

women are women, and some things hold true no matter what cultural differences.

« Last Edit: January 28, 2005, 11:17:00 AM by anono »

Offline anono

« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2005, 11:20:28 AM »
i will add, on the way home from my last trip (new years 2005) i ran into my first major girlfriend from my second trip. she was on her way to join her AM in the usa. she sat with me on two legs of the flight to the USA. she told me then, "everything is in your hands, robert"

it was clear to me, had i expressed my love for her and asked her to come with me instead, she would have.

Offline Goombah

« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2005, 11:45:49 AM »
Wow... can you imagine the impact that would have had on the AM waiting for her at the other end?  "Darling, I'm sorry, but Robert here loves me and I'm going with him instead of you...".  Of course, if she was going on a K-1, she could not have married you - at least not on that trip.

Kevin

Offline anono

« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2005, 02:11:19 PM »
i know..  rotten for him, would be great for me if i loved the lady but then again, if i loved the lady she would have supposed to been on that flight with me..  the chances of her being on my flight is more along the lines of getting hit by lightening twice..  the odds were so against it..she thought it was fate.

Offline Leslie

• Opted-Out
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2005, 01:00:58 PM »
Hi

Glad to see you posting here.  2005 will be the year!!

You had a lucky escape with "S"  Anyone who will even entertain the thought of reverting to an ex on her emigration flight is way to flakey!!

In the long haul content of character is way more important than looks....

Offline anono

« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2005, 01:31:12 PM »
hi les!   well, in her defense, i spent a total of two months with the woman, the guy she was on her way to meet, she spent a few days. no sex (she volunteered). the way she explained it, this she went to a party, 150 women , seven men and they all flocked to her because she could speak english (of course that she is a babe didn't have anything to do with it...:-) he was in town only for a few days, she said, this is how your system works and i think she was going to the USA to see if she could develope a relationship. in a way i can understand it when it's a guy who works for another company and you're vacations are very restrictive. she even volunteered that it would not become sexual unless she sees it as a viable relationship.

she asked why i didn't call, why we did not continue..  she had her little laugh, our photos look like newlyweds on their hunnymoon..

i think it's a shame this is how many times it happens. the guy does not have the luxury of time to spend in ukraine getting to know his lady so he has to do the visa and use the 90 days over here.

but, yes, not the lady for me..

on another note, les, i feel so prepared this time...emotionally, a much better understanding of the women..  this is going to be my year...i feel it.

:dude:

Offline Dave_home

« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2005, 04:18:37 PM »
Quote from: anono
regarding the rest of the post..i am sure a lot goes on that none of the women want us men to see.....  that's a given.

women are women, and some things hold true no matter what cultural differences.

That's too bad some girls are sleeping with guys while they have a regular boyfriend, but I know from my fiance'  that it does happen, she had a girlfriend who was engaged to an AM and while waiting for her fiance' visa to be approved, she was still having sex with local Ukrainian men! :-) my fiance' told me "*****"  isn't a very "serious" girl!  I met the girl, she wasn't especially pretty, but she did have a nice body! it's probably notable to say she was only 25, never been married, and never had any kids..... maybe this makes a young girl more promiscuis with sex..... ?  even so there are plenty of RW that would never sleep with a man if they have a boyfriend already.  What guy wants to marry a RW who would sleep around on him? hahaha not me :-)

It's cool I happened to meet a RW with excellent character, she would never consider sleeping with a guy while she's in a committed relationship, in fact she never went for the one-night stand thing either. I'm not sure how hard my kind of woman is to find, but I just "lucked into it" :-)  Dave

Offline IvanGrozny

« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2005, 08:57:07 PM »
Quote from: Turboguy
Pump Iron,  My gal rubbed my tummy and asked If I were going to have a boy or a girl

Better than if she had asked, "Will the twins be identical or fraternal?" :P

IvanIV

Offline anono

« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2005, 08:24:43 PM »
i didn't know if i should start a new thread about this or not but decided to post it here....

in other posts made at another board, i brought up things like manicures.. 

before every trip i get a manicure, maybe even a pedicure. i go to the dentist and get my teeth cleaned. i had a special tray made for my teeth to use with a whitening gel. i make sure i get a good haircut (what's left of it).

i get my clothes dry cleaned and pressed.

i've been to my family doctor for a routine checkup.

women notice things like your hands. in fact, i've had women tell me when they first met me it was one of the first things they noticed and i have also been told it was one of the deciding factors that got me laid. think about it. she's probably thinking where those fingers may end up..

it says a lot about the man to the lady...  it says you care for yourself as well as her because it'll be your hands on her...  you hope...

Offline BC

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2005, 04:02:57 AM »
anono,

Yepper.. that manicure and pedicure is essential!~

Trim down to the wick..

Seems shaving armpits and nether regions is also quite popular.. at least pull out those grey hairs guys.. :shock:

Offline anono

« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2005, 04:12:05 AM »
at least pull out those grey hairs guys

i'd have nothing left!

Offline BC

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2005, 04:38:05 AM »
anono.. talking "nether region grey hairs" guy :) if there are none left thats ok.

Ths shave can be kinda fun if it's a communal effort lol

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541017
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2180
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 2167
Total: 2178

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Today at 09:57:04 PM

Re: Plumber earnings by Trenchcoat
Today at 09:37:55 PM

Plumber earnings by ML
Today at 07:49:26 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:23:34 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Today at 06:28:48 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Today at 04:48:07 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 04:37:18 PM

If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 04:17:08 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 01:09:03 PM